What side-rules apply to High Stakes Blackjack?
High Stakes Blackjack is a standard version for players with ample bankrolls on New Jersey real-money online casinos. It follows these unique rules:
- Blackjack pays out 3:2
- Insurance pays 2:1
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- Player may double down any hand, even after splitting
- Player may split any hand of matching value
- Player may split up to three times
- Player may not hit or double down when splitting aces
- Dealer peeks for Blackjack per American Hole Card Rules
- Late surrender allowed
High Stakes Blackjack has a minimum bet of $50 per hand. The upper limit is $2,500. The game plays with eight decks which are continuously shuffled.
What edge does house have?
For a high-stakes game, this variant is surprisingly good for the player. With perfect basic strategy, return should be 99.64 percent. This is above average for a NJ regulated online casino.
What disadvantages are there to High Stakes Blackjack?
Overall the game rules are rather generous, with the only real disadvantages being the eight-deck shoe and the limitations on split aces, both of which are very common in real money New Jersey casinos. Some players may find the high betting limits to be either an advantage or disadvantage to their bankroll.
Where can I play High Stakes Blackjack?
How is the game software?
It runs well. No user settings are available other than disabling sound. The program appears to be identical in function to the other Blackjack offerings from Tropicana and Virgin, but the graphics have more of a polish than the other versions for a fancier high-stakes vibe. Multiple re-bet options are available for gameplay convenience.
Learn more about NJ online Blackjack variants
These are all the versions of Blackjack available at NJ online casinos:
- AC Blackjack
- Blackjack (IGT)
- Blackjack Atlantic City Single Hand Pro
- Blackjack Classic (NetEnt)
- Blackjack Micro Limit
- Classic Blackjack
- High Stakes Blackjack (Virgin)
- Live Dealer Blackjack (Betfair)
- Multi-Hand Blackjack (And Pro)
- Multi-Hand Blackjack (Virgin)
- Single-Deck Blackjack (SugarHouse)
- Single-Deck Blackjack (Virgin)
- Single-Player Blackjack (Pala)
- Vegas Blackjack
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack (Virgin and Tropicana)
- Vegas Strip Blackjack (Virgin)