Established online casinos in the Garden State have spent years building up reputations, but there’s still room for some new casino names to check out. And the new online casinos in NJ largely aren’t unknown quantities, either.
These fresh additions have partnerships with Atlantic City casinos and licenses from the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement. Let’s explore the types of games and bonuses you can expect to find at the best new casinos in New Jersey.
Best new online casinos in New Jersey
Under state gambling law, each brick-and-mortar casino in NJ has a number of “skins” that allow online casinos to partner with the physical casino to operate in the state. Let’s focus on some of the biggest new casinos to hit desktops and smartphones in New Jersey.
|NJ Online Casino||Land-Based Partner||Year Launched||Welcome Bonus|
|FanDuel Casino||Golden Nugget||2021||24 hours risk free up to $1,000|
|Betway Casino||Golden Nugget||2021||100% deposit match up to
|Stardust Casino||Golden Nugget||2021||24 hours risk free up to $1,000|
|Tipico Casino||Ocean Casino Resort||2021||100% deposit match up to $750|
|Bally's Casino||Bally's||2022||$30 free + up to $100 risk-free on deposit|
A daily fantasy sports pioneer, FanDuel already has a strong presence in the US with established online sportsbooks and casinos. New Jersey gamblers finally got their hands on a standalone FanDuel Casino app when it went live in 2021. FanDuel NJ features the same range of table games, slots, and video poker that you’d find at its other US casinos.
Why we love FanDuel Casino:
- Range of standard jackpots and progressives.
- Dedicated casino app separate from sports betting and DFS.
- Regular promotions and bonuses.
Tipico is the newest online casino to operate under the Ocean Casino Resort license in New Jersey. You’ll come for the welcome bonus but stay for the decent selection of slots and table games. The major downside is the general lack of games — 69 in total at the time of writing. However, Tipico has already launched with a good range of titles from WMS, Bally, and others.
Why we love the Tipico Casino app:
- Fifty-plus top slots from WMS, IGT and more.
- Good banking options, including at the Ocean Casino Resort cage.
- Deposit-matching welcome bonus for new customers.
Betway is a UK gambling giant that has been slowly making moves into the US. You may not have seen Betway’s UK online casino, but the good news is that the NJ version is just as slick. In fact, Betway online casino is now offered in multiple states, including Pennsylvania and now New Jersey.
Why we love Betway Casino:
- User-friendly lobby and easy filter options.
- Live casino games from Evolution Gaming.
- Matching deposit bonus up to $1,000 for new customers.
Australian sports betting firm PointsBet might be best-known for its sportsbook in the US. However, it has recently moved into online casinos, too, and now offers a suite of slots and games to New Jersey players.
The selection of slots and table games at PointsBet Casino NJ isn’t as large as more established gambling sites in the state. Plus, as of December 2021, PointsBet had yet to add live dealer games to its lobby. However, the selection of titles is almost certain to grow in time.
Why we love PointsBet Casino:
- Established betting company with a US presence.
- Solid casino app for smartphone users.
- Regular promotions on the way.
Lovers of old-school Las Vegas will know all about the iconic Stardust brand. However, in 2021, New Jersey gamblers finally got a Stardust of their own when FanDuel unveiled the Stardust online casino.
Although it’s run by FanDuel and Boyd Gaming, Stardust actually operates under a Golden Nugget online gambling license. While the name is different, the games and interface are almost identical to Betfair Casino in New Jersey.
Why we love Stardust Casino app:
- Hundreds of games from the Betfair NJ platform.
- Excellent app with dozens of progressives.
- B Connected rewards program.
The Bally’s brand is no longer just a name at the center of the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Bally Casino is the newest NJ online casino app, launching in late January 2022. So far it’s a standalone platform, which means players will not find a Bally Bet sportsbook icon. However, we do expect this will change in the near future.
Bally Casino is built with the new online gambling software created by Gamesys, a digital gaming operator based out of the United Kingdom. Call it a benefit from the company’s 2021 merger with Bally’s Corp.
Players can access a growing library of titles. The list includes live dealer blackjack, roulette, baccarat and poker. For those who prefer slots, there is Cleopatra, Secret of the Phoenix and Monopoly Rising Riches and countless other games.
New Jersey is the first jurisdiction where Bally Casino is available.
The promo menu does not quite measure up to the competition, yet. The current welcome bonus to new casino customers is up to $100 cash back in risk-free play. And it comes in the form of real cash, not bonus funds.
Why we love Bally’s Casino:
- The Gamesys software is among the best out there.
- After a very long wait, the Bally name is finally a NJ online casino brand.
- Slots menu is broken down by exclusive titles, new games and alphabetical listing.
New online casino apps
The top new NJ online casinos will also be available via an app. NJ casino apps use geolocation to ensure you’re located in New Jersey when you log on and play casino games for real money. In addition, you’ll be able to make deposits through the app. You can even use a registered debit card or a mobile payment option. Online casinos will design their apps to look and feel just like their websites. There should be a seamless crossover between the online casino and the app.
New online casinos coming to NJ
New Jersey’s physical casinos still have space to make partnerships with online gambling sites. 2022 could be another big year for new online casinos in New Jersey. Here are some of the top candidates:
Scandinavian gambling company PlayStar wants to personalize the player experience at its online casino to offer something distinct. PlayStar Casino is likely to go live in New Jersey in 2022 via its partnerships with the online hosting giant Internet Vikings and Ocean Casino Resort.
PlayOJO isn’t hugely well-known in the US, but that could start to change if it launches in New Jersey in 2022. In May 2021, PlayOJO’s platform provider, SkillOnNet, signed a deal with Caesars Entertainment, potentially opening the way for PlayOJO Casino to launch in the state.
PlayOJO’s overseas casino already offers a mix of slots, table games, and bingo games. Customers can also access a full range of Evolution Gaming live dealer games. New Jersey players may also be able to access promotions such as the OJO Wheel and Prize Twister, which offer rewards and cash prizes.
Award-winning online casino LeoVegas also penned a market access deal with Caesars in mid-2021. LeoVegas already supplies a slick casino app and website in multiple European countries. LeoVegas NJ could go live as soon as early 2022.
As well as hundreds of slot titles, LeoVegas offers a variety of big jackpots and a live casino. It also puts an emphasis on prize giveaways, no-deposit bonuses, and social media campaigns.
No deposit bonuses at new casinos
New online casinos for real money will offer a welcome bonus to entice you to open an account. Online casino bonuses can include a mix of free spins and deposit matching funds. Additionally, some casinos in New Jersey may also offer a no deposit bonus.
There are generally two types of no deposit casino bonuses. What they have in common is that you don’t need to deposit any of your own money to claim them.
- Free spins: Receive free spins to use on an online slot that the casino designates. Winnings may be subject to a playthrough requirement.
- No deposit bonus: You’ll receive a small amount of bonus funds (say $10 to $30) to use on games of your choice. You can withdraw your winnings as long as you meet the wagering conditions.
Even with a new online casino no deposit bonus, though, remember that you can still claim any other bonuses the casino is offering new account holders.
Why try a new online casino?
- Bigger welcome bonuses: New casino sites need time to attract a player base. That’s why they will often try to bring in new customers with the promise of larger welcome bonuses. You’ll get access to risk-free bets, free spins, or deposit matching bonuses when you first start playing.
- Slick apps and software: Brand new online casinos have the luxury of launching with the freshest software and new features. The game lobbies will work smoothly for online or mobile play, and the apps will work with the latest handsets.
- Deposit options and customer support: It’s important for new online casinos to help customers every step of the way. They will usually offer a range of payment options as well as customer support via live chat or over the phone.
What to look for or avoid at new online casinos
How do you go about choosing a good new online casino in New Jersey? Here’s our checklist to keep in mind before you hit that “Register Now” button:
- Selection of games: Older, more established casinos tends to have bigger, more varied game libraries. New NJ casinos may go live with a “soft launch,” offering only a handful of slots and table games.
- Bonus terms and conditions: That massive welcome bonus may look tempting, but what about the fine print? Always check the terms and conditions for the wagering requirement and other important rules.
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement licensing: All new casinos that launch in the Garden State must carry a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
It’s important that you only sign up to online casinos that are properly licensed in NJ. You’ll need to confirm your location inside the state before you log on and play for real money. Offshore casinos don’t provide the same guarantees about safety or security.
How can I trust a new online casino?
The number of new online casinos in New Jersey continues to grow. Here are some ways to find trustworthy sites:
- Land-based partner: Under New Jersey gambling law, online casinos must partner with an approved land-based casino in the state.
- Licensed games and slots: In addition, the software providers at NJ online casinos need a license from the DGE. Avoid casinos that offer unknown games from disreputable companies.
- Responsible gambling: Legitimate casinos will adhere to rules that aim to protect and provide assistance to problem gamblers. You’ll be able to set your own deposit limits and request a timeout if you want one.
- Safe banking practices: You want a casino that keeps customers’ funds in separate accounts in case of insolvency. That way, you can always be sure that your money remains safe.
- Security protocols: Your personal details should be secure at any casino you use. Regulated casinos use SSL encryption to protect players’ details and encrypt payments.
What is the easiest bonus to clear at a new online casino in New Jersey?
When you sign up at a new online casino, it may allow you to claim free spins on a specific slot or get bonus funds to use on games of your choice.
|Stardust Casino||Golden Nugget||2021||24 hours risk free up to $1,000|
Stardust Casino is the latest casino site in the state to operate off the Golden Nugget license. Here’s how the welcome bonus works:
When you join Stardust as a new customer, you can play risk-free up to $1,000 for your first day of gambling. That means that after your first deposit, you’ll receive a refund up to $1,000 on any net losses. The refund will arrive as credits to use on the Stardust Casino site.
What’s missing at new online casinos?
New NJ casinos don’t always feature a full package of slots and table games. They may launch with a limited suite of titles. Live dealer games may not be initially available.
The important thing for the casino is to be up and running. Customers can join, claim a welcome bonus and play some games. However, some progressive online slots may feature smaller jackpots while the casino takes time to build up a player base. This may not be an issue if the new casino is a skin of an existing New Jersey casino.
New online casino games, features, and promos
NJ casinos need to constantly evolve if they want to keep attracting customers. Both new casinos and existing ones will redesign their software, relaunch their apps and introduce fresh bonuses.
- Innovative promotions: It’s important for New Jersey online casinos to stand out among the crowd. They will launch promotions such as cash giveaways, leaderboard challenges, and raffle drawings.
- Bespoke casino gambling: New casinos are eager to give customers a more personal experience. You may be able to customize your game lobby or complete achievements that you can share online.
- New games and slots: Casinos offer new releases to keep things interesting for customers.
- Social media presence: New casinos will make full use of social media channels such as Instagram to share news and launch promotions.
New casino software
All casino software providers in New Jersey must apply for a license before they offer casino games and online slots for real money. Some developers have been offering games in the state since online casinos went live in 2013. However, new providers are appearing all the time.
Established game providers in New Jersey:
- High 5 Games
- Evolution Gaming
- Big Time Gaming
For the dozen or so NJ-licensed game providers, there are dozens more waiting to receive a license to operate stateside. In 2021, Wazdan secured a Division of Gaming Enforcement license to supply games and slots in the state. And, despite online gambling is legal in New Jersey since 2013, one of the world’s largest developers — Playtech — only secured a New Jersey license in 2020. While these two companies are established players worldwide, they are newcomers to the regulated NJ market.