New Online Casinos in NJ
Established online casinos in the Garden State have spent years building up reputations, but there’s still room for some new casino names to check out. And the new online casinos in NJ largely aren’t unknown quantities, either.
The latest casino to launch in New Jersey is Caesars Palace Casino. While it’s not new to the state, the standalone casino app surely is.
These fresh additions have partnerships with Atlantic City casinos and licenses from the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement. Let’s explore the types of games and bonuses you can expect to find at the best new casinos in New Jersey.
Best new online casinos in New Jersey
Latest updates on New online casinos coming to NJ
Like in previous years, new brands are targeting a piece of the NJ online gambling market. The when is announced once operators have cleared the state regulatory hurdles.
We will update this page as launch details become available. For now, here are some of the latest New Jersey headlines surrounding new online casinos:
- Fans of NJ Online Casinos, Sportsbooks Will Find An Upgrade With Hard Rock Bet: Players will see significant upgrades from the prior app.
- New Caesars Palace Online Casino Arrives in New Jersey: The new casino app separates it from the sportsbook.
- PlayStar Casino CEO Explains Why ‘Entering NJ First Was A Clear Choice’: PlayNJ caught up with Per Hellberg, CEO of PlayStar.
- Wheel Of Fortune Online Casino Launching In NJ This Year: Wheel of Fortune is in the process of becoming a NJ online casino thanks to BetMGM’s agreement with Sony Pictures Television and IGT.
Best new NJ online casinos for 2023
Under state gambling law, each brick-and-mortar casino in NJ has a number of “skins” that allow online casinos to partner with the physical casino to operate in the state. Let’s focus on some of the biggest new casinos to hit desktops and smartphones in New Jersey.
Bally Casino is one of the newer NJ online casino apps. So far it’s a standalone platform. Bally Casino is built with the new online gambling software created by Gamesys, a digital gaming operator based out of the United Kingdom. Call it a benefit from the company’s 2021 merger with Bally’s Corp.
Players can access a growing library of titles. The list of slots titles include Cleopatra, Secret of the Phoenix and Monopoly Rising Riches and countless other games.
Why we love the Bally’s Casino app:
- The Gamesys software is among the best out there.
- After a very long wait, the Bally name is finally a NJ online casino brand.
- Slots menu is broken down by exclusive titles, new games and alphabetical listing.
Caesars Palace Casino
When you think of legal gambling, Caesars is among the first names mentioned. Now in New Jersey, the company features its standalone Caesars Palace Online Casino that features a growing list of game titles from the likes of IGT, NetEnt and Konami.
Players with Caesars can find exlusive titles that includes Caesars Fortune, Caesars Cleopatra and Caesars Palace Live Dealer Blackjack.
Why we love the Caesars Palace Casino app:
- Players can receive perks, known as Caesars Rewards, for playing slots and table games through Caesars Palace Online Casino.
- Improved user experience and ease of navigation with standalone online casino.
- Live dealer games bring the casino floor experience to your home.
From the makers of Virgin Airways and Virgin Records comes Virgin Online Casino NJ with a wide selection of bingo, slots and table games. That includes over 100 slot titles ranging from casino-floor favorites to progressive slots. Virgin may not feature as many games as competitors, but the online casino relies on the quality of its offerings.
Consider the ever-popular games such as Secrets of the Phoenix, Cleopatra and Wheel of Fortune: Triple Extreme Spin.
Why we love the Virgin Casino app:
- Pile up V* loyalty points when you play and redeem them for bonus cash.
- Exclusive titles from Gamesys.
- Online bingo, which Virgin Casino became the first to offer in NJ.
Live in New Jersey since 2019, BetMGM Casino NJ has established itself as one of the top NJ online casinos in the industry, complete with hundreds of slots and table games thanks to providers IGT, NetEnt and WMS.
From the classics to exlusive titles, BetMGM has it all, including popular progressive jackpot slots such as Wheel of Fortune, Luck o’ the Jackpot and Melon Madness.
Why we love the BetMGM Casino app:
- Over 800 slots and table games, among the largest offered in the state.
- Accrue MGM Rewards points when playing for BetMGM perks.
- Arguably the top live dealer experience in NJ thanks to Evolution Gaming.
Hard Rock Bet Casino
A popular option for NJ online casino customers is Hard Rock Bet, which boasts a user-friendly interface and easy-to-navigate software. All to complement a long list of table games, video poker and live dealer games.
It only makes sense that Hard Rock Bet would feature music-themed slots. Jam out to titles such as Michael Jackson: King of Pop, Motorhead and Guns n’Roses.
Why we love the Hard Rock Casino app:
- Easy-to-navigate, user-friendly platform.
- Wide selection of games, including video poker, slots, table and liver dealer.
- Wild Card Comp Dollars and Tier Credits to earn in-person rewards at Hard Rock AC.
As the NJ online gambling industry took off, BetRivers Casino was there for the ride. Launched in 2016, BetRivers has built an online casino platform that is among the easiest to use and featuring a wide array of slot and table game titles.
Thanks to a variety of gaming partners, including High 5 Games and NetEnt, BetRivers features plenty for your gaming pleasure, including progressive jackpot titles such as Mercy of the Gods, Divine Fortune and Imperial Wealth.
Why we love the BetRivers Casino app:
- Earn points and redeem them for perks with iRush Rewards.
- Discover more games with the “shuffle” button.
- Easy navigation making for a better user experience.
Scandinavian gambling company PlayStar is finally live in North America with its NJ online casino product. PlayStar Casino is rolling out its brand to the US market by offering a personalized player experience. This includes a concierge service where players will receive tailored rewards and promos.
PlayStar has a land-based partnership with Ocean Casino Resort.
Why we love PlayStar Casino:
- Live Dealer games from Evolution Studios, including the new title Free Bet Blackjack.
- Slot titles from Wizard Games, Pariplay’s in-house development studio.
- Strong promo menu.
Only a select few other NJ online casinos have more titles than Unibet Casino NJ, which boasts over 650 games on its platform. Of those, players can find more than 600 real-money slots, including over 50 jackpot slots.
Enjoy classics like Gonzo’s Quest and 88 Fortunes or take to popular titles such as Endless Treasure, Apollo Stacks and Diamond Hearts.
Why we love the Unibet Casino app:
- No shortage of games with over 650 titles.
- Wide array of banking options make for easier deposits and withdrawals.
- One of the fastest-paying casinos in New Jersey.
From fantasy sports to legal sports betting and now in the online casino game, DraftKings Casino NJ has developed into one of the must-have onling gambling products in the country, thanks in part to hundreds of slot and table game titles as well as quick banking transactions.
You’ll have no problem finding something you like among the over 500 slots offered at DraftKings, including plenty of progressive jackpot options. Find higher return-to-player rates with White Rabbit Megaways, Medusa Megaways and Guns N’ Roses.
Why we love the DraftKings Casino app:
- Over 70 theme games exclusive to DraftKings, such as Basketball Blackjack and Touchdown Roulette.
- Earn Crowns when playing and redeem them for merchandise and bonus plays.
- Popular games from IGT, SG Digital and NetEnt.
New online casino apps
The top new NJ online casinos will also be available via an app. NJ casino apps use geolocation to ensure you’re located in New Jersey when you log on and play casino games for real money. In addition, you’ll be able to make deposits through the app. You can even use a registered debit card or a mobile payment option. Online casinos will design their apps to look and feel just like their websites. There should be a seamless crossover between the online casino and the app.
No deposit bonuses at new casinos
New online casinos for real money will offer a welcome bonus to entice you to open an account. NJ online casino bonuses can include a mix of free spins and deposit matching funds. Additionally, some casinos in New Jersey may also offer a no deposit bonus.
There are generally two types of no deposit casino bonuses in NJ. What they have in common is that you don’t need to deposit any of your own money to claim them.
- Free spins: Receive free spins to use on an online slot that the casino designates. Winnings may be subject to a playthrough requirement.
- No deposit bonus: You’ll receive a small amount of bonus funds (say $10 to $30) to use on games of your choice. You can withdraw your winnings as long as you meet the wagering conditions.
Even with a new online casino no deposit bonus, though, remember that you can still claim any other bonuses the casino is offering new account holders.
Why try a new online casino?
- Bigger welcome bonuses: New casino sites need time to attract a player base. That’s why they will often try to bring in new customers with the promise of larger welcome bonuses. You’ll get access to bonus bets, free spins, or deposit matches when you first start playing.
- Slick apps and software: Brand new online casinos have the luxury of launching with the freshest software and new features. The game lobbies will work smoothly for online or mobile play, and the apps will work with the latest handsets.
- Deposit options and customer support: It’s important for new online casinos to help customers every step of the way. They will usually offer a range of payment options as well as customer support via live chat or over the phone.
What to look for or avoid at new online casinos
How do you go about choosing a good new online casino in New Jersey? Here’s our checklist to keep in mind before you hit that “Register Now” button:
- Selection of games: Older, more established casinos tends to have bigger, more varied game libraries. New NJ casinos may go live with a “soft launch,” offering only a handful of slots and table games.
- Bonus terms and conditions: That massive welcome bonus may look tempting, but what about the fine print? Always check the terms and conditions for the wagering requirement and other important rules.
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement licensing: All new casinos that launch in the Garden State must carry a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
It’s important that you only sign up to online casinos that are properly licensed in NJ. You’ll need to confirm your location inside the state before you log on and play for real money. Offshore casinos don’t provide the same guarantees about safety or security.
How can I trust a new online casino?
The number of new online casinos in New Jersey continues to grow. Here are some ways to find trustworthy sites:
- Land-based partner: Under New Jersey gambling law, online casinos must partner with an approved land-based casino in the state.
- Licensed games and slots: In addition, the software providers at NJ online casinos need a license from the DGE. Avoid casinos that offer unknown games from disreputable companies.
- Responsible gambling: Legitimate casinos will adhere to rules that aim to protect and provide assistance to problem gamblers. You’ll be able to set your own deposit limits and request a timeout if you want one.
- Safe banking practices: You want a casino that keeps customers’ funds in separate accounts in case of insolvency. That way, you can always be sure that your money remains safe.
- Security protocols: Your personal details should be secure at any casino you use. Regulated casinos use SSL encryption to protect players’ details and encrypt payments.
Best new NJ online casino bonus offer
When you sign up at a new online casino, it may allow you to claim free spins on a specific slot or get bonus funds to use on games of your choice.
Bally Casino, for example, is giving new players a welcome offer of $50 bonus + $100 bonus play on deposit using the promo code PLAYBONUS50.
What’s missing at new online casinos?
New NJ casinos don’t always feature a full package of slots and table games. They may launch with a limited suite of titles. Live dealer games may not be initially available.
The important thing for the casino is to be up and running. Customers can join, claim a welcome bonus and play some games. However, some progressive online slots may feature smaller jackpots while the casino takes time to build up a player base. This may not be an issue if the new casino is a skin of an existing New Jersey casino.
New online casino games, features, and promos
NJ casinos need to constantly evolve if they want to keep attracting customers. Both new casinos and existing ones will redesign their software, relaunch their apps and introduce fresh bonuses.
- Innovative promotions: It’s important for New Jersey online casinos to stand out among the crowd. They will launch promotions such as cash giveaways, leaderboard challenges, and raffle drawings.
- Bespoke casino gambling: New casinos are eager to give customers a more personal experience. You may be able to customize your game lobby or complete achievements that you can share online.
- New games and slots: Casinos offer new releases to keep things interesting for customers.
- Social media presence: New casinos will make full use of social media channels such as Instagram to share news and launch promotions.
New casino software
All casino software providers in New Jersey must apply for a license before they offer casino games and online slots. Some developers have been offering games in the state since online casinos went live in 2013. However, new providers are appearing all the time.
Established game providers in New Jersey:
- High 5 Games
- Evolution Gaming
- Big Time Gaming
For the dozen or so NJ-licensed game providers, there are dozens more waiting to receive a license to operate stateside. In 2021, Wazdan secured a Division of Gaming Enforcement license to supply games and slots in the state. And, despite online gambling is legal in New Jersey since 2013, one of the world’s largest developers — Playtech — only secured a New Jersey license. While these two companies are established players worldwide, they are newcomers to the regulated NJ market.