Bill Gelman has been reporting on the NJ gambling industry since the Garden State launched sports betting in 2018. Bill transitioned from lead writer for PlayNJ and NJ Gambling Sites to his current role as managing editor in 2019.
Besides offering in-depth analysis on NJ gambling market trends and news, Bill regularly sits down with Atlantic City casino industry executives to offer readers exclusive interviews and comprehensive coverage.
Bill received a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Ithaca College. He has contributed to other Catena Media sites including The Lines, Legal Sports Report, PlayPennsylvania and PlayCanada.
NJ Gambling Analysis by Bill Gelman
AC Casino News: Hard Rock Atlantic City Keeps Casino Rockin’ With Stellar Entertainment Lineups
AC Casino News: Everything We Know About Caesars Atlantic City’s $200-Million Transformation So Far
AC Casino Analysis: Atlantic City: How the past and present collide in New Jersey gambling
Must Read New Jersey Sports Betting Articles By Bill Gelman
NJ Sports Betting: How Many New NJ Sports Betting Apps Will Launch In 2022?
NJ Online Betting: New Jersey Casino Players Are The Real Winners In DraftKings-GNOG Deal
Statements about NJ sports betting by Bill Gelman
Bill’s NJ gambling market analysis has been featured in regional publications, including the Philadelphia Inquirer.
“You might have some diehard Rutgers football or basketball fans, and maybe Seton Hall and Princeton fans making a trip,” said Bill Gelman, the managing editor for PlayNJ, an online outlet that tracks the gaming industry in the state. “But it’s not going to be anywhere near the amount of New York sports bettors that came to New Jersey before New York launched mobile sports betting [in January 2022].”
March 2022: N.J.’s sports betting business is booming despite a restrictive law ($)
Video Commentary on Atlantic City Casinos
Why Eagles Why Podcast (co-host)
Posts by Bill Gelman:
- NJ Sportsbooks Kick Off 2023 With $1.08 Billion In January Bets, 17 Feb 2023
- Bally’s AC GM Makes Super Bowl Bet With Bally’s KC GM, 09 Feb 2023
- AGS Announces Content Deal With Caesars Sportsbook & Casino, 31 Jan 2023
- Atlantic City Casinos Upping The $1B Investment Ante In 2023, 27 Jan 2023
- BetMGM Awards More Than $100 Million In 2022 Jackpots, 23 Jan 2023
- NJ Online Casinos Set Record $151.5 Million December, $1.66 Billion For 2022, 20 Jan 2023
- New Jersey Sportsbooks See Nearly $11 Billion Handle For 2022, 18 Jan 2023
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City Names New President, General Manager, 04 Jan 2023
- What NJ Online Casino Launches, Rebrands Could We See In 2023?, 28 Dec 2022
- Borgata Reopening Old Homestead, Miralto High-Limit Slots Lounge, 22 Dec 2022
- LeoVegas Casino Terminates NJ Market Access Deal; What’s Next?, 20 Dec 2022
- NJ Sportsbooks Report $1.1 Billion In November Bets, Near Record Online Casino Revenue, 16 Dec 2022
- Spiegelworld’s ‘The Hook’ Opening At Caesars Atlantic City Next Summer, 06 Dec 2022
- Jay-Z, Roc Nation Join Caesars Palace Times Square Casino Bid, 06 Dec 2022
- 9 Years Later, NJ Online Casinos Celebrating $1B Milestones, 05 Dec 2022