Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Atlantic City’s brightest star, is not content with just a single act of kindness or only spreading a little holiday cheer this year.
Rather, Borgata thought 2020 deserved something a little more.
On Dec. 20, Borgata kicked off its 12 Days of Giving. In total, the MGM-owned casino will contribute $45,000 in gifts and donations to Atlantic County and New Jersey charitable organizations.
#BorgataAC is celebrating the holidays with 12 Days of Giving. We are honoring the communities in the Atlantic City region with over $45,000 in gifts and donations. Happy Holidays!✨
— BORGATA (@BorgataAC) December 18, 2020
More on 12 days of giving
The casino’s award-winning culinary team will also prepare a meal for front line workers in the region.
“This year has presented unprecedented hardships for people throughout the region. We felt it was important to contribute to a variety of causes so we could extend our reach to impact more of the community,” said Liza Costandino, director of communications for Borgata.
Here are some images Borgata shared from the team effort:
The season + reason for Borgata giving
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc on the greater Atlantic City region’s economy, many local service organizations are finding themselves strapped for resources.
“We are delighted to give back this holiday season as we raise awareness for these wonderful non-profit organizations, whose missions are vitally important to our local community,” Costandino said.
So the Borgata team is giving back in a number of ways. Here are the recipients and amounts of Borgata’s individual donations:
- Garden State Equality: $5,000
Santa came early!🎁For the Boys & Girls Club's Holiday Heroes Giving Campaign, #BorgataAC team members wrapped gifts purchased from the Club’s Wishlist.
— BORGATA (@BorgataAC) December 21, 2020
Day 3 of 12 Days of Giving continues with CONTACT Cape-Atlantic.🎁#BorgataAC team members wrote 260 holiday cards for CONTACT participants and provided four new cordless phones and a new laptop for the organization's office. Learn more: https://t.co/9gIs55e6Cd pic.twitter.com/FIAZArq1YT
— BORGATA (@BorgataAC) December 22, 2020
- Community FoodBank of New Jersey: 120 frozen turkeys and a pallet jack for the organization’s warehouse
- Covenant House New Jersey – Atlantic City Residential Crisis Center & Rights of Passage: 60 individual, pre-packaged meals on Christmas Eve
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center: 100 individual, pre-packaged meals for the overnight shift of first-responders
- Humane Society of Atlantic County: 250 pounds of dog and cat food, as well as toys and cleaning supplies
- ARC of Atlantic County: $1,000 and 10 $100 grocery gift cards for ARC clients
- Adelaide’s Place, A Center for Women: Borgata volunteers crocheted 60 scarves for women in need, as well as donated 60 toiletry kits with essential self-care items.
- Center for Family Services: 220 duffle bags for the Center’s “Duffle Bag Project”
- AMVETS Post 911: 60 kits for military veterans, including winter hats, socks, and toiletry items.
- Team Member Food Drive: Borgata employees are collecting dry and canned food items for out-of-work Atlantic City employees.