It’s the most wonderful time of the year to visit Atlantic City to celebrate Christmas 2023.
And honestly, Atlantic City casinos and the city’s special events are worth the trip.
Each casino offers something different. Some transform with grand holiday décor, special holiday entertainment, tree lighting ceremonies and discounted room packages and drink specials.
Why Atlantic City voted one of best Christmas towns in America
Actor Kelsey Grammer of the popular television series “Frasier” and “Cheers” served as the 2023 grand marshal of the Atlantic City Winter Wonderland Parade on Dec. 2. The rain date is Dec. 9.
The resort’s annual Atlantic City Tinseltown Holiday Experience kicked off Dec. 1, with a tree-lighting ceremony just off the world-famous Boardwalk at The Yard at Bally’s Atlantic City.
Throughout December, AC visitors can enjoy an array of holiday entertainment at the casinos, holiday-themed pop-up lounges, and a Tinseltown Holiday Cocktail and Mocktail Trail.
It’s no wonder Atlantic City was voted one of the “25 Best Christmas Towns in the USA” by Travel + Leisure in 2023.
It’s easy to find something to enjoy the holidays in AC. You can:
- See a Christmas Show with the Atlantic City Ballet.
- Catch a Christmas show at a casino.
- Take in the Atlantic City Winter Wonderland Parade.
- Deck the Hall Festival of Trees.
- Listen to Boardwalk Hall Organ Recitals Monday-Friday at noon.
What’s there to do around Atlantic City during the holidays? Plenty
The Atlantic City citywide holiday celebration includes the Deck the Hall Festival of Trees, running Dec. 1-31 at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall.
“We are thrilled to once again present this experiential holiday celebration to our visitors,” Karen Martin, director of communications and marketing for the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA), said in a statement.
“From the exciting entertainment at our casinos to festive events throughout the resort for all ages, we welcome everyone to come and embrace the spirit of the holiday season.”
What more could you ask for while visiting AC for the holidays? There’s plenty.
We’ve compiled eight holiday-themed AC casino events you don’t want to miss.
- Christmas in the Air (Borgata Atlantic City, Nov. 24-Dec. 24)
- Santa’s Christmas Wonderland (Harrah’s Atlantic City, Dec. 7-10)
- Winter Wonderland at the Yard (Bally’s Atlantic City, weekends in December.)
- A Dickens of a Murder: A Holiday Murder Mystery (Resorts Casino Hotel, Dec. 9)
- Holiday Dreams: A Spectacular Holiday Cirque (Golden Nugget Atlantic City, Dec. 9)
- Pastry Series with Chef Thaddeus: Holiday Edition (Hard Rock Atlantic City, Dec. 9)
- Il Divo: A New Holiday Tour (Ocean Casino Resort, Dec. 9)
- Atlantic City Ballet: The Nutcracker (Caesars Atlantic City, Dec. 16)
Ocean Casino AC set to debut Santa’s Hideaway Adventure
Ocean Casino Resort plans a pop-up bar and exclusive “Santa’s Hideaway Adventure” experience to beautifully appointed holiday-themed hotel rooms and suites.
Ocean is transforming an entire floor into a holiday-themed bungalow, with 19 rooms and suites available, each with a touch of the Christmas holiday. Guests can book One Bedroom Suite, Studio Suite Blu, Social Suite or a Blu Queen room furnished with a holiday tree, festive décor and other yuletide surprises.
“We had a successful summer which saw Ocean celebrate its fifth birthday and we are excited to continue the energy into the winter,” Bill Callahan, general manager for Ocean, said in a release. “Ocean is a year-round resort destination with unique activations, award-winning amenities and world-renowned entertainment twelve months of the year.
Travel + Leisure ranked Ocean Casino Resort the best overall hotel in Atlantic City for 2023.
Other AC hotels ranked in the top 10 by Travel + Leisure for 2023 included:
- Best Luxury: Borgata
- Best Entertainment: Hard Rock
- Best for Adults: MGM Tower at Borgata
- Best for Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties: Harrah’s
- Best on the Beach: Tropicana
- Best for Families: Club Wyndham Skyline Tower
- Best Off-Property: Seaview, a Dolce Hotel
- Best on the Boardwalk: The Claridge
- Most Inclusive: Resorts Casino
Other Christmas events happening around Atlantic City
Many Atlantic City holiday events continue until New Year’s Eve. If you can’t make it to AC for one event, there’s always another somewhere in the city.
Through Dec. 31, Ocean will be transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with sleigh bells, glistening snow and twinkling lights. The 1927 Lounge off the casino floor provides Jingle Bell Bar: A Holiday Pop-up Experience with festive cocktails, nostalgic décor, and themed entertainment.
Pack the ugly sweater you never wore at home and take it to an AC holiday event.
The Claridge features a party with Santa at the Vue from 6 p.m. to midnight on Dec. 16 and Dec. 23 with prizes for the best ugly holiday sweater. There are also a Couples Holiday Cooking Class at The Claridge from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
Whether you are on the Boardwalk or inside a casino, an AC holiday visit will be one to remember.