This Week’s best bets at DraftKings Sportsbook
Even though this week’s best bets didn’t produce winners quite as big as last week’s results, there are still some impressive returns.
One New Jersey sports better correctly picked five NBA spreads. The result turned 15 cents into $111 at the highest odds of the week: 741.05. The spreads included:
- Washington Wizards @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
- New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Atlanta Hawks @ Charlotte Hornets
- Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers
The NBA made another sports bettor very happy after turning $30 into $8,000. The player wagered on five NBA moneylines:
- Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Boston Celtics
- Utah Jazz @ Charlotte Hornets
- Memphis Grizzlies @ Brooklyn Nets
- Houston Rockets @ San Antonio Spurs
Football and golf seem to work well together for the final best bet of the week.
One player turned $49 into $4,225 after a parlay of two NFL spreads, one NFL total, and the winner of the Hero World Challenge Golf Tournament paid off handsomely. The parlay included:
- Jacksonville Jaguars to cover against the Indianapolis Colts
- Dallas Cowboys to cover against the New Orleans Saints
- Betting the total score on Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins
- Winner (Hero World Challenge 2018)
NFL week 13 recap
Week 13 proved another exciting one for the National Football League:
- The New York Giants snap the Chicago Bears’ winning streak
- The Kansas City Chiefs are still in the hunt for their third straight AFC title — even without Kareem Hunt
- Aaron Rodgers goes on the defensive as Green Bay loses to Minnesota
The real story for DraftKings, however, involves the handle on the matchup between the New Orleans Saints and Dallas Cowboys. America’s Team took a back seat to the Saints this week.
In fact, only 25 percent of the moneyline handle and 29 percent of moneyline bets were placed on the Cowboys. Additionally, twice as much handle was bet on the Saints (-7.5) than on the Cowboys (+7.5).
The most notable move in the top five and bottom five teams by handle came from the team that had the most handle at DraftKings last week. This week, the Detroit Lions went from top to bottom, coming in second from last.
Week 13: Top five teams by handle
|New Orleans Saints||11,065||18,928||$695,475|
|Los Angeles Rams||11,370||25,989||$249,192|
|Los Angeles Chargers||5,522||10,125||$241,961|
Week 13: Bottom five teams by handle
|San Francisco 49ers||1,400||2,329||$30,867|
Note: The totals reflect wagers made through Dec. 2. Monday night’s game between the Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles likely produced additional bets not reflected here ahead of kick off.
NJ sports betting favorites for the NFL and DraftKings
With four more weeks left in the regular season, there is a new entry in the top five teams by handle at DraftKings.
After bringing in the most handle for the NJ online sportsbook for the week, the Saints enter the top five in third place knocking the Eagles off the list.
There are no changes to the teams in the bottom five, unfortunately for them.
Season to Date: Top five teams by handle
|New England Patriots||43,949||229,714||$4,613,842|
|Kansas City Chiefs||41,284||221,726||$3,675,061|
|New Orleans Saints||41,212||194,084||$3,442,608|
|New York Giants||39,128||155,298||$3,354,939|
|Green Bay Packers||41,056||185,359||$3,235,013|
Season to Date: Bottom five teams by handle
|San Francisco 49ers||20,611||54,074||$811,410|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||23,403||80,966||$803,072|
Image credit: dean bertoncelj / Shutterstock.com