The London-based studio is a top developer, publisher, and licensee of next-gen gaming content. It received a transactional waiver from the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) in 2016, and will be supplying its exclusive Slingo content through a proprietary Remote Game Server.
The studio will also act as a Slingo supplier for Caesars Interactive and Resorts Digital Gaming, with an expected launch date of May.
A little from column A, a little from column B
The launch of Slingo games in New Jersey is significant in that the game format has never been featured in a US regulated market.
Slingo can be best described as a mashup of slots and bingo. In general terms, a game plays out as follows:
- Players are given a 5 x 5 playing grid, with each box assigned a number — similar to a bingo card.
- The goal of the game is mark off as many horizontal, vertical, and diagonal lines as possible. Again, just like bingo.
- However, instead of calls, players receive a number of spins. Each spin yields five numbers, or a combination of numbers and special symbols, such as Jokers (wilds) or Free Spins.
- Once players deplete all of their spins, the winning lines are tallied. Players are paid out in accordance with the number of completed lines (Slingos).
- The more completed lines, the higher the payout.
From what we’ve learned, the following Slingo brands should make their way to the NJ online casino landscape:
- Slingo Riches: Flagship product featuring Jokers, Super Jokers, Free Spins, and instant cash prizes
- Slingo Extreme: Essentially a turbo-charged version of Slingo Riches.
- Singo Reel Bonus: A Slingo variant that borrows more heavily from slot terminals. Highlights include wilds and a Choose Your Bonus feature.
A perfect match for Pala Casino
Slingo synergizes quite well with Pala, as Pala Casino is the only NJ online casino operator to support its own dedicated bingo site (PalaBingoUSA.com).
When reached for comment, Pala Interactive Chief Marketing Officer Jeremy Clemons had this to say:
“We are extremely excited to partner with Gaming Realms to bring Slingo to the New Jersey market. With an incredible legacy in US gaming, Slingo brands including Slingo Riches, Slingo Extreme and Slingo Reel Bonus are sure to resonate well with our players. For Pala specifically we feel it is an especially unique opportunity because we have invested in building the PalaBingoUSA.com brand. The on-demand nature of Slingo combined with an optimized mobile experience will give these players an opportunity to win real money bingo-based games anytime from anywhere in New Jersey.”
Clemons statement indicates that its Slingo games will be designed with the mobile player in mind. Like slots, Slingo games are a natural fit for mobile, as they only require a brief time commitment and lend themselves well to being miniaturized.
The addition of Slingo games on mobile will also provide some sorely needed diversity to NJ online casino mobile apps — which for the most part, are inundated with slots. Most apps do feature a few blackjack, roulette, and video poker games, but they take a backseat.
Slingo stands to be at the forefront of Pala’s mobile app.
More on Pala Casino
Pala Casino was a relatively latecomer to the NJ online casino market, having launched operations in November 2014, or approximately one year after the state’s first regulated sites sprung open their virtual doors.
It also had the inherent disadvantage of being a non-Atlantic City brand — the Pala Band of Mission Indians operates a land-based casino in Northern San Diego County.
Despite this, Pala Casino has carved out a sizeable niche in the NJ market, and now accounts for a significant revenue share of the Borgata AC online gambling operation.
Pala Casino features approximately 200 slots, and a variety of other video poker and table game titles. It also supports a mobile application for iOS and Android powered devices.