Americans bet billions on the Super Bowl every year, and this year, for the very first time, anyone over 21 in New Jersey can legally bet on the Big Game.
In this new era of widespread legal sports betting, sportsbooks have become sports betting lounges with a doors-wide-open policy in full effect. They are like the best sports bar you’ve ever been to with a twist.
Not only are they great places to eat and drink, but you get to watch games on some of the best audio-visual set-ups you’ve ever seen, and of course, bet on them.
Plus, in NJ sports betting at least, sportsbooks have gone online and made betting on events like the Super Bowl easier than ever. The complicated jargon is gone, replaced by user-friendly software on apps that, as of this morning, now number 10.
Even casual football fans can easily get in the action in all kinds of ways.
Where to bet on Super Bowl 2019 in NJ
The Los Angeles Rams will go up against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Sunday, Feb. 3.
If you’re in New Jersey between now and the final whistle, there are a ton of simple and easy ways you can bet on Super Bowl LIII.
Retail sportsbooks in NJ are already offering a huge variety of lines on the big game (plus Super Bowl viewing parties). There are now nine NJ retail sportsbooks where you can bet on the 2019 Super Bowl operating out of various Atlantic City casinos and racetracks across the state.
Plus, there’s more opening soon (we’re looking at you Hard Rock Atlantic City).
Here’s a complete rundown of the entire NJ retail sportsbook market:
|Casino/racetrack||Sportsbook||Sports betting partner(s)||Launch date||Open?|
|Borgata||Borgata Race & Sports Bar||IGT||June 14||Yes|
|Resorts||DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts||DraftKings/Kambi||Aug. 15||Yes|
|Ocean Resort||William Hill Sportsbook @ Ocean Resort||William Hill||June 28||Yes|
|Monmouth Park||Monmouth Park Sports Book by William Hill||William Hill||June 14||Yes|
|Meadowlands||FanDuel Sportsbook||Betfair/FanDuel/IGT||July 14||Yes|
|Harrah's||The Book||Scientific Games||Aug. 1||Yes|
|Hard Rock||Unknown||GiG||Early 2019||No|
|Golden Nugget||The Sportsbook||SBTech||Aug. 15||Yes|
|Bally's||Wild Wild West Sportsbook||Scientific Games||July 30||Yes|
|Tropicana||William Hill Sports Book at Tropicana Atlantic City||William Hill||Oct. 25||Yes|
Of course, NJ online and mobile sports betting operators are also offering a wide variety of lines on Super Bowl LIII.
As long as you’re 21 or older and anywhere inside state lines, you can place a Super Bowl bet at any one of 10 NJ online and mobile sports betting apps currently up and running. (Note: Hard Rock online sportsbook is in soft launch mode.)
Here’s a complete rundown of the entire list of NJ sportsbook apps:
|Online Sportsbook||Land-Based Affiliate||Sports betting partner(s)||Launch date||iOS app||Android app|
|DraftKings||Resorts AC||Kambi||Aug. 6||Yes||Yes|
|Betstars||Resorts AC||NA||Sept. 13||Yes||Yes|
|SugarHouse||Monmouth Park||Kambi||Aug. 23||Yes||Yes|
|888 Sport||Caesars||Kambi||Sept. 10||Yes||Yes|
|Caesars||Caesars AC||Scientific Games||Sept. 6||Yes||Yes|
|PlayMGM Sports||Borgata AC||IGT||Aug. 22||Yes||Yes|
|William Hill||Monmouth||NA||Sept. 1||Yes||Yes|
|Hard Rock||Hard Rock AC||GiG||Jan. 26 (soft launch)||Planned||Planned|
Basic Super Bowl 2019 betting lines
All these licensed NJ sportsbooks offer basic Super Bowl betting lines that include:
- Moneyline bets where you pick the outright Super Bowl winner based on odds set by the sportsbook
- Point spread bets where you pick the winner with a line set by sportsbooks factored in
- Over/under bets where you pick whether the total points scored in the Super Bowl will be over or under a number set by sportsbooks
Here’s how the basic lines looked at the top three online sportsbooks in the state one week before Super Bowl LIII:
|Super Bowl LIII||DraftKings Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook||BetStars|
|New England Patriots||PS: -2|
|Los Angeles Rams||PS: +2 |
|PS: +2 |
|PS: +2 .5
PS = point spread; ML = moneyline; T = total (over/under)
Super Bowl 2019 parlays and props
Additionally, all NJ sportsbooks will allow you to combine two or more of any of these basic bets into a parlay.
Parlays pay significantly better odds than individual bets. However, the trick is you have to win all the bets that are a part of the parlay to get paid.
Because it’s the Super Bowl, NJ sportsbooks are also offering a number of other ways you can bet on the game. This includes a wide variety of Super Bowl specific game and player props. Lines of this nature may include:
- Which team will score first?
- Which team will score the first touchdown?
- Will the total points scored end up and odd or even number?
- How many touchdown passes will Tom Brady throw?
- How many yards will Jared Goff throw for?
- Will Patriots receiver Julian Edelman have 100+ receiving yards?
- Will Rams RB Todd Gurley run for 75 yards or more?
Plus, NJ sportsbooks will offer different variations of the lines above and dozens more Super Bowl game and player props.
Super Bowl LIII best bets
Whether you like the New England moneyline, the Rams plus the points, the over, the under, or a variety of props, it’s always a good idea to shop around NJ sportsbooks to get the best price on your bet.
Look for a good deal and lock it in.
Here are five bets we’ve identified as among the best a week before kickoff:
- If you like the Rams, head to BetStars NJ, where they are currently at +2.5, giving you a half point more than most.
- Think the Patriots are a shoo-in to win? Head to FanDuel Sportsbook where the New England moneyline is -132, a cheaper price than most.
- Is the Rams defense going to shut down Brady? Caesars Sportsbook is offering some pretty big odds on this prop. In fact, you can get Brady to throw zero touchdown passes at +500 and just one touchdown pass at +300.
- Think it’ll be a high scoring game? Don’t just bet the over at -110. Pick a side and combine the two bets as part of a parlay. FanDuel Sportsbook has a Patriots win and over 59.5 parlay at a price of +310. It also has the Rams win and over 59.5 parlay at +380. No matter what side you’re on, the price is right.
- Thinking of making a moneyline bet? No matter what side you’re on, make at least a $25 wager at BetStars and you’ll get a $10 free bet as a bonus every time your side scores a touchdown.