This week brought three new slots to NJ online casinos, all varied in theme, features and time periods. Head to the Dark Ages with Fire Drake, ancient Japan in Samurai Split, or the old American West with Golden Chief.
You’ll find betting levels from a penny to $500, unique multipliers and multiple wilds, as well as different free spins bonus rounds in each of the slots. Let’s take a quick look so you can get to playing.
Samurai Split is based on warrior culture in ancient Japan. Set on a beautiful watercolor background, this slot has several unique features. The first is the Warrior Spin, which is randomly rewarded. This spin utilizes only the main symbols (no Jack-Ace), wild and scatter, increasing the odds for a win.
The second is the “split”: any symbol in a winning payline can be split by a Samurai warrior. In fact, you might even get multiple splits on one spin, which can increase your prize up to 32x. This split also comes into play with scatters. Theoretically, you can win up to 480 free spins if all five scatters appear and are split. That’s probably a long shot but certainly worth giving the game a go.
Start spinning the reels at this fantastic game at Golden Nugget today.
- Five reels/25 paylines
- Samurai Split Multipliers
- Free spins bonus game
- Bets: 40 cents to $200
- Return to Player (RTP): 95.41%
- Max Payout: $450,000
- Available at: Golden Nugget online casino
With a nod to Native American culture, this slot features an intricate beadwork pattern on its wild symbol and Jack-Ace and a wizened chief complete with ornate headdress. That Golden Chief can expand to fill up a whole reel during a win and acts as a wild. This is in addition to the wild already on the board (and the Heap Wild available in the bonus round)
Three or more scatter symbols will trigger the Golden Bonus Wheel. That wheel features three games for the bonus round:
- Totem Riches: Select a totem pole to reveal a cash multiplier. Each time a multiplier is revealed you continue picking and climbing the totem. When “Collect” is hit, you are awarded the current prize.
- Cash Canyon: Here you will spin a wheel to determine the number of steps you move along the canyon. The more steps you go, the more you can win. When you hit the “Stop” sign on the wheel, you are awarded the current prize.
- Free Spins Gamble: Here you enter with five free spins, but can opt to gamble for up to 30 free spins.
- Five reels/100 paylines
- Wild, Expanding Chief Wild, Heap Wild
- Golden Bonus Wheel
- Big bet option
This progressive slot from bwin.party is based on the ancient name for dragons: Fire Drake. Unlike Golden Chief with its three forms of wild symbols, this slot has forgone any wilds that could increase your odds of getting three or more matching symbols. There is, however, a scatter symbol that triggers the free spins bonus round.
The free spins round starts with treasure chests that rest in the dragon’s lair. Pick three to find out how many spins you will get to play. During the spins, all wins are multiplied 4x and you have the opportunity to retrigger the free spins round, making a big payday possible.
The spooky stats
- Five reels/Nine paylines
- Free spins bonus game
- 4x multiplier during free spins