New Jersey’s Betway Casino has a great welcome bonus for new users who use our links to open an online casino account today. When you do your first deposit will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to a maximum of $1,000.
This new-player welcome offer allows you to double your money right from the start at Betway New Jersey. There is a $10 minimum deposit, as well as wagering requirements. Just remember to use our links to take full advantage of this Betway Casino welcome bonus.
Continue reading our Betway Casino New Jersey review for all the information you need to open an account and start betting right away. You’ll find out exactly how that $1,000 welcome bonus works so you don’t get caught by any surprises. You’ll also find out about the Betway app and platform software, safe and secure banking methods, plus an in-depth look at the various games you’ll find at Betway Casino in NJ.
Betway NJ welcome bonus
To claim the Betway NJ welcome bonus, create an account as a new user and make the first deposit of at least $10. You’ll also need to opt-in to the offer by checking the box next to “New Patron Casino Offer.” Like all online casino welcome offers, you must meet the wagering requirements before you can withdraw any winnings. See below for the details.
Betway Casino NJ bonus code in October 2022
|Online Casino||Betway Casino New Jersey|
|Betway Casino NJ Bonus Code||None needed|
|Betway Casino NJ Sign-up Bonus||100% match deposit bonus up to $1,000|
|Betway Casino Legal States||NJ & PA|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
Betway Casino welcome bonus details
Before you can withdraw your NJ casino welcome bonus funds and any winnings, you must first meet the playthrough requirement for your bonus funds and your cash deposit within 30 days.
In other words, if you deposit $100 cash, Betway NJ Casino will match your deposit with $100 bonus dollars, giving you a total of $200 in restricted funds that will need to meet a wagering requirement.
You can use restricted funds to play casino games, and you must meet a 30x playthrough requirement before converting them to non-restricted funds that you can withdraw.
Using the example above, this means you would need to wager $6,000 ($200 cash/bonus funds x 30) within a month to meet the wagering requirement and convert your entire balance to non-restricted, withdrawable cash.
Note that the above example only applies when you play slots — excluding slots with re-spin bonus features and instant win scratch-off games — as those count 100% toward meeting the wagering requirement.
Wagers on slots with re-spin bonus features count just 10% toward the requirement. Table poker and roulette count 8%, blackjack and video poker count 2%, and baccarat and craps don’t contribute anything.
Betway’s wagering requirement is steep enough when you play strictly slots. You’d need to wager $300,000 to meet the requirement of playing just blackjack. Keep in mind that some online casinos offer welcome bonuses with just a 1x wagering requirement, applicable to the free bonus dollars only.
Even so, you can deposit as little as $10 to qualify for Betway’s welcome offer, which would give you a total of $20 to look around and play some games.
How do I open a Betway Casino account in NJ?
The Betway Casino sign-up process is streamlined and fast. Just follow these steps:
- To start, head to the Betway website.
- The sportsbook opens by default. Click the “Casino” link at the top of the screen.
- Tap the big blue “Join Now” button in the top right corner.
- Enter your email address and choose a password.
- Click the box to agree to the terms, then click “Continue.”
- Enter your full name, birth date, and phone number, and choose a security question.
- Type in the last four digits of your Social Security number and your mailing address.
- Check (or uncheck) the boxes to receive an email each time your account is accessed, activate two-step authentication, consent to receiving marketing messages via text and/or email, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click “Submit” to open the identity validation window.
- Answer a few questions to prove you are who you say you are.
Betway Casino uses a third-party company to verify your information. As long as your Social Security number and personal information match up with the data that the company has on file, your identity will be automatically verified within seconds.
If you get stuck on any of the personal questions, you can back up to get a new set. Otherwise, you may need to upload proof of your address or financial documents in order to manually verify your identity.
Other Betway Casino promotions
Betway did not have any regular promotions available within a month of launch, but that’s likely to change shortly.
Check the promotions link under your account menu or look over the page banners to see what’s currently on offer when you sign up. At the time of this review, Betway did not have a loyalty program available, either.
Betway Casino NJ app review
Super Group’s brands have plenty of experience in online gambling. Traditionally, Betway is associated with the sportsbook, while Spin is associated with the casino. In Pennsylvania and New Jersey, since online sports betting and casino games are on one platform, both operate under the Betway brand.
To back up the experience claim, in the year before its US launch, Betway Sportsbook and Spin Casino counted more than 2.5 million customers in 23 countries across Europe, Africa, and North and South America.
In New Jersey, the Betway Casino app is smooth and highly functional. The site features a black background with white lettering, making navigation easy.
A bright blue “Deposit” button at the top of the screen takes you to your banking options, while the hamburger icon in the top right corner of the screen opens a drop-down menu with the following options:
- Account and balance
- Responsible gambling
If you like to gamble on the go, the Betway app is available on iOS and Android mobile devices. To download it, visit the site, scroll down and select either “Download on the App Store” or “Download for Android.” Follow the on-screen prompts from there to complete the installation process.
Betway casino app best features
You have a lot of choices when it comes to online gambling apps in New Jersey, but Betway is definitely worth a closer look. Here are some of the main positives we took away from our review:
- Decades of experience: Betway has more than two decades of experience and expertise building loyal customer bases in 20-plus countries around the globe. Betway and Spin took in wagers of $42 billion in the year ending March 2021. In comparison, FanDuel Sportsbook had its first $1 billion month in January 2021. You can expect Betway to know what adjustments to make, and be willing to implement them, in order to stay competitive in the US.
- Excellent game variety: While Betway does not currently offer live dealer games, it had only been live for a few weeks at the time of this review. There’s no doubt that Betway’s game library of 300-plus titles is one of the best initial offerings in the US. Not only will you find all the usual game studios, including NetEnt, IGT, SG Digital, Shuffle Master, NextGen, WMS, Barcrest, and Bally, but you’ll also find more obscure software developers such as Red7 Studio, Habanero, Gamesys, and Pala Interactive.
- Integrated platform: Casino users who enjoy sports betting will find it simple to switch between the two on Betway’s app. The two platforms also share a wallet.
- Welcome offer: The Betway Casino welcome bonus is not the best on the market in terms of wagering requirements, but the $1,000 first deposit match is certainly a hefty maximum limit.
Betway casino games
You’ll find more than 275 slots and progressive jackpot games, along with more than 35 table games, including craps, roulette, video poker, and blackjack. Along with a simple search field, Betway’s navigation bar lets you sort titles into categories, including new, slots, roulette, table, jackpot, video poker, popular and last played.
Betway offers slots from simple classic games to Hollywood-inspired spectaculars with 100,000+ winning ways. If you’re looking for a chance to spin a six- or seven-figure progressive prize, try one of Betway Casino’s jackpot slots, such as the following:
- Divine Fortune
- Mercy of the Gods
- Grand Spinn Superpot
- Imperial Riches
Here are some other popular real money slots at Betway:
- Jackpot Shores: From Pala Interactive, this is a five-by-four-reel, 27-payline game with a beach theme, a free spins bonus round and three progressive jackpots that pay out up to six figures. Trigger the bonus round and pick the multiplier and the number of free spins yourself. Three Wheel Bonus symbols on a payline will trigger the Wheel Bonus game for a chance at the jackpots.
- Keystone Kops: This fun, CGI-like animated game from IGT features the bumbling policemen of old-time movies. Any spin can trigger the progressive jackpot bonus round, while three bonus games keep smaller payouts consistently coming your way. Spin three Kop symbols in the center reel to trigger the Shuffle Scuffle, the most common bonus. Two shuffles randomly convert some icons into the triggering symbol, increasing the potential to win. Pie Patrol triggers an animated pie fight that adds extra wilds to the reels, and, finally, the Pilfering Pooch bonus adds dog bone symbols to the reels, creating additional wilds. This bonus game features an expanding reel with 200 paylines and the potential to create up to 21 wilds.
- King Kong Fury: This five-by-four-grid, 50-payline game from NextGen Gaming features the Kong’s Call, Raging Re-Spins and Lightning Reel bonus games. Add extra wilds, convert the grid to higher paying symbols, spin the statue reels to determine the number of free spins (up to 100) or add an additional re-spin reel to any bonus game.
- Rage of the Seas: NetEnt’s pirate-themed game features great graphics and a dramatic soundtrack (along with an occasional “Arrr”). The features just keep coming in this visually rich game that offers 5,488 ways to win, five bonus games, reel upgrades, boost symbols, expanding reels, spreading wilds, stacked wilds and transforming symbols. Random base-game multipliers liven things up, along with a free spins bonus round with the potential to win up to 27,440x your stake.
- Action Bank Plus: From Red7 Slots, this super distinct six-by-four-reel game offers 4,096 ways to win and an average return-to-player rate of 96.04%. The sixth column in the grid is actually four reels that spin individually. When all four symbols spin the O, each symbol may morph into a vault icon to trigger the free spin bonus round. Pick one of the four vaults to reveal your free spin base number. Each additional O symbol on the main grid will add an extra spin. Plus, the game features double symbols and joker wilds.
Among the options, you’ll find are multiple variants of roulette, blackjack, baccarat, video poker and one craps game from Pala Interactive.
Roulette fans will find the following games:
- Roulette (IGT)
- American roulette
- European roulette
- French roulette
- Roulette Advanced (NetEnt)
For blackjack lovers, Betway offers the following games:
- Classic Blackjack (NetEnt)
- Classic Blackjack (IGT)
- Multihand Blackjack
- Blazing 7s Blackjack
- Poker & Pairs Blackjack
You’ll also find Diamond Series blackjack games from Pala Interactive featuring variable stakes, including micro (min $0.50/max $100), small (min $1/max $500) and standard (min $10/max $1,000).
Two baccarat games offer options from IGT and Baccarat Professional Series. You’ll also find the following poker variants:
- Three Card Stud
- Four Card Poker
- Casino Hold’em
- Casino Stud
- Mississippi Stud
- Texas Hold’em Plus
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
Video poker titles include IGT’s Game King Video Poker and Ten Play Draw Poker, along with Pala Interactive’s Deuces Wild, Deuces & Joker Wild and Jacks or Better.
Free and real money casino games at Betway Casino NJ
Unfortunately, Betway does not offer a demo mode to give you an option to try games for free before risking any of your own cash. Again, that may change down the road.
Betway Casino deposit and withdrawal options
Betway Casino NJ offers plenty of banking options to move money in and out of your wallet. To get started, click either “Deposit Money” or “Withdraw Money” under the banking link in your account menu.
Betway has a minimum deposit of $10. The following banking methods are available to make deposits:
- VIP Preferred (ACH e-check)
- Betway Play+ card (prepaid)
- PayNearMe (cash voucher)
- Visa/Mastercard credit cards (coming soon)
- Skrill (coming soon)
- Cash at the casino cage
To make a direct cash deposit, visit the cashier’s cage at Golden Nugget Atlantic City (600 Huron Ave., Atlantic City) and present your driver’s license and the email address associated with your Betway Casino account. Your deposited funds will be available immediately.
All withdrawal requests are subject to Betway’s internal review. Processing time will vary depending on the method you use, though Betway typically processes requests for withdrawals within two business days. Betway offers the following options for withdrawals:
- VIP Preferred (ACH e-check)
- Betway Play+ card (prepaid)
- Skrill (coming soon)
- Cash at the casino cage
Betway online casino customer support
Betway offers a number of convenient customer support options, including direct phone, live chat and a support ticket system. To visit the help center, click “Support” under your account menu.
For general questions, you’re likely to find answers in the detailed and thorough FAQ section, which includes the following topics:
- Technical issues
- Security and fraud
- Responsible gaming
For help with more in-depth issues, contact the support team seven days a week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. via the following methods:
- Direct phone: 833-999-1876
- Live chat: Located at the bottom right corner of the support page
- Submit a ticket: Also located at the bottom right corner of the support page
Is Betway Casino legit?
Yes. Online gambling is legal in New Jersey for players who are 21 or older. Players also must be located within state lines when gambling real money online.
By state law, Betway must know your location for you to be able to gamble online. If the app determines that you’re within state lines, the software will confirm that you can bet. If not, you’ll be able to see the problem on the dashboard. If you’re playing on a mobile device, be sure to allow access to your location.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement oversees gambling in the Garden State. Betway is licensed in partnership with Golden Nugget Atlantic City. For questions or complaints, reach out to the DGE at 609-984-0909 or [email protected]
Betway’s history in the US
Betway Casino and Sportsbook may be new to the US this year, but the brand is moving fast.
In April, parent company Super Group announced its intention to acquire US-based software company Digital Gaming Corp. and issue a public stock offering in partnership with a special purpose acquisition company, Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp.
The merger with DGC took place a short time later, giving Betway online gambling licensing rights in 10 states. In New Jersey, Betway operates under the last available skin on the Golden Nugget Atlantic City license.
While Betway was waiting for the public offering to take place on Sept. 9, it signed deals with the NHL, as well as individual NHL, NBA, and esports teams.
With its late-August launch in New Jersey, Betway Sportsbook is now live in four states, with Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Indiana being the other ones. Betway Casino is live in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Betway Casino users in NJ also asked
Is there a promo code for the Betway Casino welcome bonus?
No. No bonus code is necessary; just sign up to create an account, place a minimum deposit of $10 and opt in to the deposit matching bonus.
Do I need to download an app to play on my mobile device?
No. The Betway Casino app is available for Android and iOS, but you can also play on a mobile browser or from your PC or Mac desktop computer or laptop.
Do I have to download geolocation software?
No, not for the app, which includes built-in geolocation. You’ll be prompted to download a plugin for your web browser for your computer, though. If you use a mobile browser, be sure to grant access to your location.
How old do I have to be to gamble online in New Jersey?
Garden State gamblers must be at least 21 years old and located within state lines to gamble for real money online.
Is it easy to withdraw my winnings?
Yes. Betway Casino offers a number of safe and convenient ways to make withdrawals, including PayPal, ACH e-check, and prepaid credit cards.