Disclaimer: BlueBet Sportsbook is not online yet in New Jersey. This review is based on what we know about BlueBet and will be updated when the sportsbook launches. We recommend these sportsbooks that are live in NJ.
The legal sports betting market in New Jersey is home to some heavy hitters and a few up-and-comers, like BlueBet Sportsbook.
This promising online sportsbook is a big deal in Australia, and it has set off on a journey of making a name for itself in the highly competitive US market.
BlueBet welcomes new users in New Jersey with a hefty welcome bonus that will help them get a feel for how the sportsbook goes about things. This review looks at BlueBet’s overall offerings, including information on the following:
- Bonuses and promos — BlueBet’s promotional giveaways for new and existing customers.
- Safety and regulation — Why BlueBet is a safe sports betting option.
- Sportsbook app — What it offers and how to get it.
- Betting options — What type of bets can you place? What sports and teams can you bet on?
BlueBet New Jersey bonus code 2021
After signing up and making a small qualifying deposit at BlueBet, New Jersey bettors will become eligible for a risk-free bet of up to $1,000. The refund comes in the form of free bets, which isn’t the same as real money, but it’s a solid offer nonetheless.
|Online Sportsbook||BlueBet Sportsbook New Jersey|
|Sign-up bonus||Up to $1,000 risk-free first bet|
|Last updated||December 2021|
BlueBet NJ Sportsbook sign-up bonus – wagering requirements
To redeem BlueBet’s sign-up bonus, you have to register for an account. Next, you’ll have to make a deposit of $10 or more and place a bet. At that point, the refund may come into play, depending on what happens next:
- You win your bet and collect the payout, no refund.
- You lose the bet. The sportsbook then will provide a free bet equal to your original wager.
The refund is capped at $1,000. If you do lose your first bet and receive a refund, you’ll need to bet through it once before being able to withdraw any winnings.
Note that you’ll have a limited window for clearing the betting requirement. The free bet is valid for seven days from the moment you receive it. This should give you plenty of time to use it.
For a new sportsbook in New Jersey, this is a solid welcome bonus. A risk-free bet for up to $1,000 is on par with what some of the biggest names on the market currently offer.
Can I trust BlueBet Sportsbook?
Yes, BlueBet is a trustworthy sportsbook — otherwise, it wouldn’t have been vetted and licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. Apart from issuing licenses to sportsbooks in the Garden State, the department also performs investigations and reviews user-related complaints. Also, the licensing requirements are pretty strict, so BlueBet wouldn’t have been able to launch in New Jersey if it were running a shady business.
In addition, BlueBet has a proven track record in Australia, where it has been operating since 2015. On top of this, the brand is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), which further solidifies its reputation as a legit sportsbook.
Who can join BlueBet?
You have to be 21 or older to sign up for an account and bet at BlueBet NJ. Also, you’ll need to be present inside the state when submitting your wagers, regardless of whether you reside in New Jersey or are simply visiting.
Getting started at BlueBet Sportsbook in New Jersey
The registration process is swift and effortless. First up, you need to visit the sportsbook’s website and look for the sign-up button. Once you open the application form, you’ll need to provide the following personal details:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
After you fill out these fields, you’ll select a box confirming that you’re 21 or older and agree with the site’s terms and conditions. Then, you’ll be good to go.
How do I download the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
There’s a good chance you’ll want to use BlueBet’s mobile platform at some point. When that happens, you can either load the browser-based version or download the app.
If you go with the first option, you can start betting as soon as you open the website via your browser. The layout remains the same, and it will automatically adjust to the smaller screen of your mobile device, so you’ll get used to it pretty quickly.
The app is free and takes only a few seconds to download. It is available for iOS and Android. Follow these steps to download the BlueBet NJ app:
- Head to the sportsbook site via your mobile browser.
- Go to the bottom of the page, and you’ll find the download links under “Available mobile apps.”
- Once you install the app on your device, open it and log in to your account.
- If you have some cash in your account, you can start betting.
Where do I find BlueBet promotions?
The promotions tab appears along the top left side of the screen, right next to the sportsbook’s logo. There’s plenty of deals to check out, especially during high-profile games and tournaments.
The sportsbook runs all kinds of daily and weekly promos, ranging from odds boosts, which are usually sport-specific, to parlay boosts, which will help you collect extra profits on top of standard winnings.
Why should I choose the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
The competition between sportsbooks in New Jersey is stiff, and picking from the available options may seem daunting. Here are a couple of areas where BlueBet stood out during our review:
- Bevy of props: Props (aka propositions bets) can be some of the most exciting wagers and are especially popular among casual bettors. In this area, BlueBet is more creative than most sportsbooks, with a comprehensive prop menu across all major sports.
- Quality welcome bonus: Size-wise, BlueBet’s sign-up offer is as good as most. It gives you a second chance at winning if the opening bet comes up short. Better yet, you won’t have to jump through many hoops to convert it into real cash — other than winning that second bet, of course.
What won’t I like about the BlueBet Sportsbook app?
As promising as it looks, BlueBet is still a work in progress and has a few shortcomings:
- Odds aren’t always great: For the most part, BlueBet has solid pricing across the board, but we’ve noticed occasional deviations from the standard -110 line on spreads and totals. This isn’t anything major, and it seems to be more of an anomaly than the rule.
- Lack of a loyalty program: We would give BlueBet a pass for not offering a loyalty program if it weren’t for the fact that most of its competitors have some sort of a rewards system.
What kind of bets can I make at BlueBet Sportsbook?
BlueBet offers an array of standard bets. You can also plop a few bucks down on the game while it’s underway via a range of live bets. Here’s a basic explanation of what you can expect to find:
What are moneyline bets?
A moneyline bet is a wager on the overall winner of a game. The favorites will have negative odds, and the underdogs generally have positive odds. The odds also indicate a bet’s potential profit. A successful $100 bet on the underdog at +220, for example, would result in a $220 payout. A bet on the favorite at -220, meanwhile, would mean that a winning bet of $220 would collect a $100 profit.
How does spread betting work?
The spread is the sportsbook’s way of balancing a game. It subtracts a few points from the favorite’s total or adds the same number to the underdog. Then, if the team you bet on is winning after this adjustment, you win your bet.
For example, if the New York Giants were -6.5 favorites on the spread, and they won the game by seven or more points, then a spread bet on them would win. Their opponents would consequently be at +6.5, which would mean that they’d have to lose by fewer than seven or win the game outright to win you the bet.
Over/under bets — or totals — are fairly easy to grasp. BlueBet will list an estimate of the total number of points for a game. For betting on NFL games, you might see a total line around 50.5, for example. If you bet on the under, and the combined score by both teams is 50 or lower, you would win your bet. If you pick the over side, you would be looking for 51 points or more.
Placing props at BlueBet Sportsbook
Props focus on specific occurrences within a game, and they come in a wide variety of options. They are often tied to the statistical performance of players or teams. Here are a few examples:
- Will Daniel Jones throw more than 1.5 touchdowns?
- Which NBA team will get to 40 points first?
- Will James Harden record a triple-double?
- Which MLB team will lead after five innings?
Futures can be more challenging than other bets due to the fact that they often depend on the whole series, season or playoff run, as opposed to the single-game bets mentioned above. On the plus side, futures bets often have long odds baked into them and have the potential to lead to large payouts.
Here are some examples of what you may come across in BlueBet’s futures section:
- Champions of the four major leagues.
- Conference and divisional winners.
- Player-based futures — MVP awards, etc.
Combo (or multi) bets happen when you add multiple bets to the bet slip as a combination wager. The two most common types are parlays and teasers. To win a parlay, all your individual picks need to be correct. The same applies to teasers, but they’re somewhat easier to hit since you’ll be able to adjust the lines of each individual game in your favor.
The live betting menu displays games that have already started. You’ll have all the standard options, plus a few extra ones. Note that the odds will fluctuate as the game plays out, depending on what is happening. That means you’ll have to react quickly — otherwise, the odds you like may be gone for good.
Can I bet on the Giants and Jets at BlueBet NJ?
Yes, and not only that, but you can also bet on the New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, NY Yankees and NY Mets, the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks, and other local and nearby teams. In fact, BlueBet runs the gamut when it comes to all four major leagues. Each sport comes with some distinct betting options, as well. Here are a few wagers that you may see for NFL games:
- Period/quarter bets: Bet on the outcome of specific intervals of the matchup. For instance, you can take the New York Jets on the moneyline at halftime or try to predict the total score of the first quarter.
- Race to x points: This is a bet on which team will score a set number of points first in the game.
- Halftime/full time: This wager combines the outcomes of the first half and the overall game result. For example, you can bet that the New York Giants will lead at halftime but end up losing the game.
- Props: BlueBet hosts a variety of props for NFL games, including anytime TD scorer and first TD scorer.
How do I get money on (and off) BlueBet Sportsbook quickly?
BlueBet offers a solid number of banking options for depositing and cashing out. Here’s the list:
- Bank transfer
How do I get help at BlueBet NJ sportsbook?
Customer service at BlueBet is available 24/7, so don’t hesitate to seek assistance at any moment if you come across a problem, whatever it may be. If it’s something urgent, you should probably go with the live chat option. You can also get in touch via phone or email or browse for answers in the FAQ section.
How do I exclude myself from BlueBet?
BlueBet, like all other New Jersey sportsbook apps, offers a number of tools and features designed to help you play responsibly. You can set deposit, time and wager limits on your account, which aim to help you keep your betting in control. There’s also an option of self-exclusion from the site for the course of several months or more.
Can I bet at BlueBet in person?
At the moment, no, you can only place bets remotely because the sportsbook has yet to open retail facilities in New Jersey. If anything changes in this regard, we’ll update this information.
How does BlueBet compare to other New Jersey sportsbooks?
BlueBet is a solid sportsbook, though it still has some catching up to do compared to big names like DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars. These giants have more versatile betting portfolios, plus they tend to run more promos than BlueBet. Of course, if BlueBet improves in this regard and maybe adds a couple of features, it may end up being able to compete with the best New Jersey sportsbooks.
BlueBet Sportsbook FAQs
Can you bet on college sports at BlueBet?
Yes, you can bet on college sports. However, you cannot bet on games that feature NJ-based schools. You also cannot bet on any NCAA events that take place in New Jersey.
Do you have to live in New Jersey to bet at BlueBet Sportsbook?
No, but you do have to be in the state whenever you place a bet. Geolocation software will track your whereabouts, and there is no getting around this location requirement.
What is the minimum age to bet at BlueBet in New Jersey?
You must be at least 21 years old to bet on sports in New Jersey. BlueBet will confirm your age when you sign up.
Is BlueBet a legitimate sportsbook for New Jersey sports bettors?
Yes, while BlueBet might be new in the US, it has a history in Australia, where it is both successful and legitimate. You can trust that betting with BlueBet is a much better option than doing business with an illicit offshore sportsbook.