Disclaimer: LeoVegas is not yet online in New Jersey. This review is speculative based on its casino app in other jurisdictions and will be updated when it launches here.
LeoVegas, a Swedish online casino popular in Europe, has plans to expand in the US, starting with New Jersey. It has reached an agreement with Caesars Entertainment to launch in the state and will offer new customers a 100% deposit matching bonus plus 200 free spins.
In the review below, we go over what you might expect from LeoVegas when it comes to promotions, games, banking options, customer service, playing games on the LeoVegas Casino app, and more.
What LeoVegas Casino offers
- Focus on mobile play.
- 100% first deposit bonus.
- Up to 200 free spins on a select casino slot.
- Library of top-rated slots and table games.
LeoVegas Casino welcome bonus for September 2022
The LeoVegas welcome bonus doesn’t require a code. Just make your first deposit of at least $10 to claim the benefits.
|Online Casino||LeoVegas Casino New Jersey|
|LeoVegas Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|First Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000|
|Free Spins||Up to 200|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
LeoVegas sign-up offer details
LeoVegas handles its deposit bonus differently from other NJ real money casino sites in that you won’t receive any bonus cash until you meet the 20x playthrough requirement using the money you’ve deposited.
Once you meet that requirement, you’ll also receive up to 200 free spins for Book of Dead. Any winnings from your LeoVegas Casino free spins are yours outright. The number of free spins you’ll receive will depend on the amount of your deposit.
For example, if you deposit $10, you will see $10 in your balance. You’ll need to wager your $10 deposit amount 20 times, for a total of $200. Once you meet the wagering requirement, LeoVegas NJ casino will first match your deposit with $10 in cash that you can withdraw or use however you like, and then provide the free spins.
Here are some other things to be aware of:
- Select the “casino welcome offer” button during registration.
- You’ll have 60 days from signing up to opt in to the bonus, which you can do from the offers page under your account menu.
- You must meet the playthrough requirement within seven days of your deposit.
How to get started at LeoVegas Casino in NJ
Joining the pride at LeoVegas is easy and will take just a few minutes. Here’s how to go about it:
- Click the green “Open Account” button on the main page.
- Enter your personal data, including your full name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, and home address.
- Indicate that you’re at least 21 years of age, that the information you’ve provided is true, and that you’ve read and agree with the site’s terms and conditions.
- LeoVegas may need to verify your identity by requesting copies of certain documents, typically during the deposit or withdrawal process. Indicate that you agree with this stipulation.
- Click the “Submit” button to finish up.
LeoVegas will notify you by email if you need to upload any documents to validate your account details.
Does LeoVegas Casino have other promotions?
LeoVegas offers a variety of regular promotions on top of its welcome bonus. It tailors some of these to individual players, although that may be less common in the New Jersey market.
Check under the promotions tab at the top of the game lobby to see current offers, along with useful information such as how casino bonuses work and general bonus terms and conditions. Common offers you might find on the page might include additional deposit bonuses and introductory free spin offers on new slots that LeoVegas is offering.
LeoVegas loyalty program
In addition to regular LeoVegas Casino promotions, the operator offers a rewards program when you register for a new account. At the time of this review, there was no general information page about the program, and if you search for the program in the FAQ, very little shows up.
From what we were able to gather, the loyalty program has 99 levels. Your level will depend on the amount of money you wager. The higher your level, the more the program is likely to offer. You can also earn special rewards when you increase your level, and you can opt out of the program via your member account profile.
Downloading the LeoVegas casino app in New Jersey
LeoVegas has focused a lot of effort on its casino app. Most online casinos begin with a traditional website and then add an online casino app for Android and iOS devices, but LeoVegas did the opposite. It began as a mobile-only casino, then launched a browser-based site.
The proprietary back-end platform, Rhino, features cutting edge technology that will ensure your data is safe and secure. It is fully ported to Google Cloud for scalability and stability. To download the LeoVegas online casino app, just follow these steps:
- Visit the LeoVegas site on your mobile browser.
- You should receive a prompt to download the app appropriate for your device.
- Tap the invitation to access the Apple App Store or Google Play Store download page.
- Be sure to give the app access to your location for geolocation purposes.
If the Android app is not yet available in Google Play, you may need to download it directly from the LeoVegas site, which will mean allowing downloads from unknown sources in your security settings.
Navigating the LeoVegas mobile app is easy. The simple design features an orange background and a center section with tabs up top, including “Promotions,” “Support” and a navigation bar with game categories. A casino blog is available via the promotions tab.
Best features of the LeoVegas app
LeoVegas may be new in the United States, but it’s been a big name elsewhere since 2012. It’s no accident that the Global Gaming Awards named LeoVegas its online casino of the year in 2021 for a fourth consecutive year. It also was the 2019 mobile operator of the year according to the International Gaming Awards. Keep reading for our list of the potential best and worst aspects of LeoVegas Casino in New Jersey.
- Award-winning platform: The LeoVegas platform features outstanding, tested technology. Plus, embedded tabs allow faster loading times and uninterrupted play, spin after spin.
- Caesars partnership: LeoVegas will offer its online casino in the state of New Jersey through an agreement with Caesars Entertainment, a proven name in gambling.
- Game collection: While it may take LeoVegas some time to transfer its partnerships to New Jersey, it already has agreements in place with a number of top game studios.
- Welcome bonus: Welcome bonuses with lower wagering requirements than what LeoVegas offers are a big draw in New Jersey. FanDuel Casino and SugarHouse offer different bonuses, for instance, but the funds you’ll receive from each have a 1x playthrough requirement.
- Loyalty program: There’s not yet much information available about the LeoVegas loyalty program, either in the FAQ or via a full rewards program page, either of which would be nice to see.
- Lack of a sportsbook: Globally, LeoVegas is known for its online casino, sportsbook, bingo hall, and poker room. We’d love to eventually see those choices available in New Jersey, as well.
What games can you play at LeoVegas Casino NJ
While it will take some time for LeoVegas New Jersey to catch up to its global collection, eventually Garden State gamers could have access to the more than 1,500 titles already available in other countries.
Game studios already partnered with LeoVegas include NetEnt, Play’n GO, Evolution Gaming, Bally, IGT, NextGen, ReelPlay, Lightning Box Games and 2 By 2 Gaming.
LeoVegas online slots
LeoVegas offers slots based on game shows, virtual sports games, and classic online slots such as Irish Gold, Lucky Diamonds, and Super Lucky Reels. LeoVegas Originals by Yggdrasil are slots that are exclusive to LeoVegas, such as the following:
- Book of Destiny
- Mount Magmas
- Pirates: Smugglers Paradise
- Pirates 2: Mutiny
- Royal Family
- Wild Mantra
If massive slot wins are what you’re looking for, LeoVegas offers nearly 50 Megaways, fixed jackpots and progressive jackpot games. Need a little help to get started? Here are some titles to check out:
- Emoji Riches: From PG Soft, this fun slot uses a six-by-six grid and cluster payouts. Trigger the free spin bonus round for a chance to win 2,992x your original bet. With an average return-to-player rate of 96.78%, this game is for people who are looking for something a little different.
- Avatars: Gateway Guardians: Another LeoVegas Original from Yggdrasil, this game features a three-part spinning wheel with six segments, or paylines, and two bonus games. A win in a highlighted segment may trigger the multiplier wheel for a chance to win up to 101x your original stake. Land three free spin symbols in the base game to trigger 10 free spins on a special eight-payline wheel with extra hot spots.
- Gigantoonz: This cartoonish game from developer Play’n GO takes place on an eight-by-eight grid with cluster pays and Mega Toonz symbols. You’ll need at least six matching symbols to form a winning cluster. The excitement just keeps coming on this hot-off-the-press game for the adventurous.
- Wildshock Mad Loot Lab: From Gold Coin Studios, this slot features a rolling reels feature that allows all winning symbols to roll off the grid, making room for new winning combinations. The process will repeat until there are no new wins. Each win will increase the wild multiplier by one. Look for exploding wilds, which can award up to four additional wilds. Collect at least three wilds in a cascade to trigger the free spin bonus round. This is another game that’s just right for penny slot fans.
LeoVegas table games
LeoVegas already has a partnership in place with live dealer provider Evolution Gaming in other countries. In addition, it offers a number of other casino table games, including real money blackjack, video poker, roulette, and baccarat. On top of a couple of classic blackjack games, here are some other titles that may become available in New Jersey:
- Blackjack Plus
- Back Blackjack
- Buster Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- Lucky Ladies Blackjack
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs
- Suit ’em Up Blackjack
- Blackjack 21 + 3
- 6 in 1 Blackjack
Different roulette variants that may be available include the following titles:
- Roulette x2
- Roulette x5
- Relax Roulette
- European Roulette
- American Roulette
- Double Ball Roulette
You’re also likely to find one or more video poker titles, such as Joker Poker. There’s also likely to be at least one baccarat title, such as Baccarat Deluxe. You also may find some table poker options:
- Hold’em Poker
- Hold’em Poker 3
- Texas Hold’em Bonus
- Caribbean Stud
- Three Card Hold’em
- High Card Flush
Free and real money casino games at LeoVegas
LeoVegas also offers a demo mode for you to try games out before you risk your own money.
Select a game you’re interested in playing, tap the game graphic, then select “Demo Mode.” Unfortunately, a sign-up box will hang over the upper part of the game screen while you’re playing in demo mode. While this is definitely distracting, you can still get an idea of what the game is like.
LeoVegas will likely offer the usual banking options you’ll find at other online casinos in New Jersey, including the following:
- Visa, Mastercard credit and debit cards
- Online banking (ACH e-check)
- PayNearMe (cash voucher)
The minimum deposit amount is $10. If in-person cash deposits are accepted, those will be on the floor of Caesars Casino at 2100 Pacific Ave., Atlantic City.
How to withdraw money from the LeoVegas app
Withdrawing your funds from LeoVegas is fairly straightforward. To get started, visit the withdrawal page, select a method, enter the amount you wish to withdraw and follow the onscreen prompts.
You will need to verify ownership of your account before LeoVegas can safely process your withdrawal request. If that’s the case, you’ll receive an email to explain what’s necessary and how to upload it.
Once you’ve taken care of that, LeoVegas will conduct an internal review, typically within 24 hours, although it could take up to five business days.
Customer support at LeoVegas online casino NJ
Next, click the help center tab on the right to open the FAQ. There’s also a contact tab that will open a live chat screen or a contact form, along with an email address, [email protected].
The FAQ includes topics such as accounts, deposits and withdrawals, bonuses, responsible gambling, casino, and live casino. On the left side of the page, you’ll find other helpful tabs, including for the LeoVegas app.
If you have problem gambling concerns, visit LeoSafePlay, the online casino’s extensive responsible gambling resource. For faster, more personal attention, contact a LeoVegas customer service agent via the live chat button at the bottom of the page.
Is LeoVegas legal in New Jersey?
It already has a partnership in place with Caesars, so with a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, it will be legal in the state, yes. Online casino gambling is legal in New Jersey if you’re 21 or older. You must also be located within state borders.
Whether you access the site on your mobile device or use a web-based browser on your PC or Mac, LeoVegas will use geolocation software to verify your location when you’re logged into your account.
LeoVegas Casino NJ FAQ
Do I need a LeoVegas bonus code to claim the welcome bonus?
No, you just need to create an account and make a minimum deposit of $10.
Is LeoVegas Casino safe?
Yes. LeoVegas is partnered with Caesars Entertainment and already operates extensively in Europe. Plus, it uses a proprietary back-end platform, Rhino, that features a number of security measures.
Who owns LeoVegas Casino?
LeoVegas is a Swedish gambling company founded in 2012 by Gustaf Hagman and Robin Ramm-Ericson, who continue to run it today. It is publicly traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Does LeoVegas have a sportsbook or poker room?
Yes and no. It offers both of those options in other countries, but its launch plans in New Jersey call for just an online casino so far.
Are LeoVegas games fair?
Yes. In addition to ongoing oversight from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, all of LeoVegas’ games will receive regular testing for fairness.