Disclaimer: MaximBet Sportsbook is not yet live in New Jersey. This review is of expected bonuses and promotions, and will be updated once MaximBet launches. In the meantime, check out one of these sportsbooks currently online in NJ:
Sports bettors in New Jersey will soon be able to bet with MaximBet, the online sportsbook that’s part of the Maxim brand. While MaximBet launched in the state a little later than some of the other books, that doesn’t necessarily make it less worth checking out.
One benefit of a sportsbook entering the market later is that it’s another welcome bonus you can claim. When you sign up at MaximBet, the sportsbook will match your opening deposits 100%, up to $1,000. We’ll review that offer here, as well as the MaximBet app, other promotions after the first deposit bonus, your options for placing bets and more.
MaximBet Sportsbook bonus for June 2022
When you sign up at MaximBet you’ll instantly be eligible for MaximBet’s deposit match welcome bonus. Your first deposit each week will be matched 100% for up to a total of $1,000. As is often the case, the match is not in cash. Instead, MaximBet gives you free bet credits equal to the size of your deposit.
|New Jersey Sportsbook||MaximBet Sportsbook|
|Bonus Code||Not needed|
|Deposit Match||100% up to $1,000|
|NJ Launch||Sometime in 2022|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
MaximBet welcome bonus — the fine print!
Here is a look at how much MaximBet matches your deposit for during your first month with the sportsbook.
- Week 1: 100% up to $500
- Week 2: 100% up to $250
- Week 3: 100% up to $125
- Week 4: 100% up to $125
The match is awarded in bet credits which will land in your MaximBet account within 72 hours, but usually much sooner. Here are the main points to be aware of about the bonus:
- You cannot withdraw the bet credits. You need to wager them, and in order to withdraw any winnings, you must bet through your deposit amount one time. So if you deposit $50 and receive $50 in free bet credits, you would need to wager $100 to meet the 1x playthrough requirement.
- You need to use the bet credits within seven days of the sportsbook crediting them to your account. Otherwise, they expire.
- To bet with the MaximBet free bet credits, click the box labeled “Use Bet Credit” directly above the “Bet Now” button when placing a wager.
- Bet credits can only be used on wagers with minimum odds of -200. If you are new to sports betting, that means a bet with -300 odds cannot be made with bet credits, while a bet with -110 can.
How does MaximBet’s deposit bonus compare to other NJ sportsbooks?
Overall, MaximBet’s welcome bonus offer is one of the better ones you’ll find when it comes to New Jersey online sportsbooks.
The 1x wagering requirement is better than you’ll find at a lot of places — DraftKings’ is 25x, for instance. The $1,000, 100% deposit match is also among the best in New Jersey.
Can I trust MaximBet Sportsbook?
Yes, MaximBet is a legitimate online sportsbook and fully trustworthy. MaximBet came about thanks to a partnership between the men’s magazine Maxim and the Carousel Group, an online gambling company. Then, MaximBet paired with Caesars to gain market access in the Garden State. Finally, the New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement had to grant MaximBet a sports betting license, which further testifies to its trustworthiness.
How old do you have to be to bet at MaximBet Sportsbook?
You have to be 21 or older to bet at any legal sportsbook in New Jersey, including MaximBet online sportsbook. The sportsbook will check your age when you register.
Does MaximBet check your location?
Yes, you need to be within New Jersey state lines to legally bet with MaximBet. The sportsbook tracks your location, and you can’t bet if you’re not in the state.
Can I bet on college sports with MaximBet?
While you can bet on college sports at MaximBet in New Jersey, the state prohibits wagers on in-state college teams and on college sporting events taking place in the state. So you won’t find those wagers on MaximBet New Jersey.
Getting started at MaximBet Sportsbook
To open a new account at MaximBet, head to the sportsbook website and click the sign-up button. You will need to supply the following:
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
You also need to choose a password, confirm you’re 21 or older and state that you’ve read the terms and conditions. Most of the time, that will be all and you can begin betting right away. Sometimes, though, you must supply further proof of identification. If this happens, you will need to upload an image of your photo ID. Usually a driver’s license will suffice.
How do I download the MaximBet app?
The MaximBet online sportsbook app is available for Apple and Android devices, and it makes it easy to bet using a phone or a tablet. To download it, head to the app page on the MaximBet Sportsbook site and follow the instructions for downloading. Once the app finishes installing, you can sign in and begin wagering.
Where do I find MaximBet promotions?
You can find all the ongoing MaximBet promotions by clicking the promotions tab, which is located in different spots on the app and website. On the app, you need to click the main menu (upper left corner) and then choose “Promotions.” If you are using a web browser, you simply can choose “Promotions” from the top part of the screen.
How do the MaximBet promotions rate?
Overall, the promotions that MaximBet offers are good. Here are some examples of what you’ll find at MaximBet Sportsbook New Jersey:
- Daily boosts: Clicking on the “Odds Boosts” link will bring up a listing of all the bets with boosted odds available that day. Unfortunately, you can’t see all the boosts at once, just a listing of what sports have them available. You must select each odds boost separately to see the bet itself. And while the size of the boosts at MaximBet typically are bigger than at many other New Jersey sportsbooks, the downside is that you can bet only $25 on them. It’s pretty standard to cap boosted odds bets at $50 at other books.
- Lose-win promos: This is another pretty typical promotional offer at MaximBet. You must bet a set amount of money on a certain game. If that wager wins, you collect your winnings and nothing changes. But if the bet loses, you’ll receive bet credits based on how players on the team you bet on did in the game.
- Win-win promos: When it comes to parlays, you have the chance to win twice thanks to MaximBet’s Parlay Party Simply create a parlay of between four and seven legs, with each leg having odds of -200 or longer. If it wins, MaximBet will reward you with up to $1,000 in bet credits. The number of credits you receive is based on the number of legs in your bet and the size of your winnings:
- Seven legs equals 100% of your winnings
- Six legs equals 75%
- Five legs equals 50%
- Four legs equals 25%
Why should I choose the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things MaximBet has going for it:
- Help desk open 24 hours a day: It’s a little surprising how many sportsbooks do not have help available around the clock. Fortunately, MaximBet is not one of those sportsbooks. Hopefully you never have any issues, but at least if you do, you know someone will be there to help.
- Deposit match bonus: While risk-free first bets are great, we consider deposit matches even better. That’s because you don’t have to worry about your bets winnings or losing to benefit from an offer. Instead, you simply receive a bonus the first time you put money in your account. The fact that MaximBet’s playthrough requirement is just 1x is also a point in its favor.
- Daily odds boosts are high quality: We also like the variety and size of the boosted bets you’ll find each day at MaximBet. It’s not uncommon to have boosted straight bets, parlays and futures each day at the New Jersey sportsbook. The only negative is that the sportsbook limits such bets to $25.
What won’t I like about the MaximBet Sportsbook app?
MaximBet still has some wrinkles we would like to see it remedy, as well:
- Insufficient prop markets: This is our biggest complaint when it comes to MaximBet. You won’t find player prop bets for a fairly large number of games. For instance, during the 2021 MLB season, we encountered numerous games where there were zero player props available.
- Lack of a loyalty club: It also is discouraging to open a sportsbook account and realize there is no rewards club. What’s interesting about MaximBet, though, is that you’ll find promotions that reward you based on how much money you bet. The problem is that these promotions come and go. If MaximBet ever decided to make these offers permanent, it would be a great addition.
- Confusing promotions: While the lose-win promotions we discussed above are not bad, the issue is that MaximBet does not make it clear that your bet needs to lose in order for you to receive the stated reward. We recommend reading the terms and conditions for all MaximBet promotions.
What kind of bets can I make at MaximBet?
All the standard bets that you would expect are available at MaximBet. Here is an example of what you’ll see when it comes to the odds for a game, followed by explanations of the various wagers:
|New York Giants||+2.5 (-111)||+105||Over 42.5 (-113)|
|New York Jets||-2.5 (-108)||-128||Under 42.5 (-105)|
Spread vs. moneyline betting
Both spreads and moneylines are bets on the final score of the game. The difference is that spreads take margin of victory into account, while moneylines are bets on which team will win only.
In this game, for example, the New York Jets are slight favorites. You can tell this by looking at either the spread or the moneyline. When a team has a negative number there (in this case, -2.5 and -128), the sportsbook considers it the favorite.
For a moneyline bet, the team you wager on simply needs to win for your bet to pay out. For spread bets, though, the team you wager on needs to cover the spread. Here, that means the Jets have to win by more than 2.5 points, so three or more points. The New York Giants need to either win the game by any score or lose by less than 2.5 points, so two or fewer points.
As for how the odds work, they are based on units of $100. Odds of +105 mean a bet of $100 would win you a profit of $105 if it’s correct. Odds of -128 mean you would need to bet $128 for a chance at winning $100 in profit.
For bets on the total, aka over/under bets, MaximBet provides an estimate for the total combined score of the game. You can bet whether the actual combined score will be over or under that line. Using our example line of 42.5, in the event the game ended with a score of 21-20, people who bet on the under would win, and people who bet on the over would lose.
What exactly are prop bets?
Props are bets on side events during games, usually separate from the final result. For instance, during the Super Bowl you can bet on whether the game’s opening coin toss will be heads or tails. More common props during NFL games have to do with players scoring touchdowns or finishing with a certain number of rushing, receiving or passing yards.
Placing futures bets
When you click on individual leagues on the MaximBet app/website, you will see an option labeled “Futures.” From here, you can see all the available futures bets for that particular league. For instance, prior to the start of the 2021-22 NFL regular season, you could place bets on a team to win the Super Bowl, its conference or its division. You could also place bets on individual award winners like MVP and offensive/defensive rookie of the year.
Parlays and round robins at MaximBet
Parlays and round robins both allow you to combine multiple individual wagers. With parlays, you combine two or more wagers, and you only win if each of your individual picks is correct. With round robins, you combine multiple smaller parlays, each one leaving out one or more of your picks. That way, you can still win some money if you get a pick wrong. Though you’ll win more if you get them all right.
Live betting options at MaximBet
Live betting refers to any wagers you make on sporting events that are in progress. There is a live betting tab on the MaximBet app and website that allows you to see all the games in action at that second that you can wager on.
Odds and lines work exactly the same with live betting as they do with pregame wagering. Where the two types of wagers differ is the speed at which odds change.
For pregame betting, you rarely see big shifts when it comes to odds, and when you do it’s usually because of a big trade or major injury. But with live betting, odds will shift rapidly. And if you have a pick-six in an NFL game, for example, you can see a major shift in that game’s odds.
Can I bet on the New Jersey Devils at MaximBet?
Yes, while MaximBet is not allowed to accept wagers on New Jersey-based college teams, you will find bets for all NHL games, including those featuring the New Jersey Devils. In addition to the bets we went over above, hockey betting also offers some distinct options:
- The grand salami: No, this wager has nothing to do with your favorite delicatessen. Instead, the grand salami is an over/under bet on how many goals the entire NHL will score in a given night.
- Three-way moneyline: No, NHL games can’t end in ties anymore, but with three-way moneylines, you have the option of wagering on a draw. That’s because these bets are based on the score at the end of 60 minutes. Now, if the Devils finish the third period tied with the New York Rangers, you would win if you bet on the tie.
- First and last goal scorers: While you can bet on players to score at any point during a game, you’ll make the most money if you correctly wager on which player will end up scoring the game’s opening or final goal.
- Period bets: You also can bet on what will happen in each period of a hockey game. At MaximBet you can place moneyline, spread or over/under bets for individual periods. You also can wager on which period will be the highest scoring.
How do I get money on (and off!) MaximBet Sportsbook quickly?
Here is a look at your current options for depositing and withdrawing money with MaximBet Sportsbook in New Jersey.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Visa and Mastercard Debit/Credit Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||1-5 Days|
How do I get help at MaximBet Sportsbook?
You have multiple options for getting help at MaximBet, including one that is available 24 hours a day:
- Click the 24×7 Chat option and talk directly with a customer service representative via live chat at any time. You can also choose to receive a call back from a service rep when one is available or send an email and await a response.
- You can also click the FAQ option at the bottom of the screen and sift through the most common questions and answers at MaximBet.
How do I exclude myself from MaximBet?
To exclude yourself completely from MaximBet, you will need to click on your account and then choose “Responsible Gaming.” Next, go to the bottom of the window that opens and you’ll see a “Self-Exclusion” section. Click the drop-down menu and you can elect to shut down your account for six months, one year, two years or three years.
Under the same tab, you also will find options for closing your account for short periods (play break) or simply for setting up limits to your account. Limits allow you to control the amount you are able to deposit and/or wager during a set period of time.
Can I bet with MaximBet Sportsbook in person?
No, there is not a retail sportsbook location in New Jersey associated with MaximBet at this time. That is not to say there will not be one in the future, though, so this could change.
How does MaximBet compare to other New Jersey sportsbooks?
On the whole, MaximBet compares favorably with many online sportsbooks in New Jersey. The biggest problem is whether it can overcome the fact that it launched in the state so much later than top books like DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM and even later arrivals like Bet365 and Borgata Sports.
As for the sportsbook itself, MaximBet has a solid welcome bonus and quality promotions that are reason enough to sign up, even if you have multiple online sportsbook accounts already.
Is MaximBet’s welcome bonus better than DraftKings’?
The DraftKings deposit offer is for up to $1,000, but matches just 20% of your deposit and requires a 25x playthrough rate. MaximBet’s, meanwhile, is for up to $1,000 worth of free bet credits. You can read all the details of the MaximBet New Jersey sign-up bonus up above, but in short, we consider it one of the best welcome offers in the state.
What’s the quickest way to deposit and cash out at MaximBet?
You have three options for adding funds to your MaximBet account, all of which are instant: debit/credit card (Mastercard or Visa), Skrill, and an online bank transfer or e-check. Withdrawing money takes between one and five days via Skrill or e-check.
How are odds boosts different at MaximBet in New Jersey?
The biggest noticeable difference is that MaximBet limits boosted odds wagers to $25. Most other books allow bets of up to $50. However, we’ve found that the odds boosts are slightly better than you’ll find at other books. So while you can’t bet as much money, the bets are generally boosted by larger amounts.
Do I need to download the MaximBet app?
No. While the app makes it easier to wager via phone or tablet, you can always just use the website, as well.
Can I use MaximBet Sportsbook if I live in New York?
Yes, but you need to be in New Jersey to place bets.
Why can’t I bet on Rutgers using the MaximBet app?
New Jersey gambling law prohibits wagers on college teams based in New Jersey or college games taking place in the state.