New Jersey’s Unibet Sportsbook has updated its sign-up bonus and is now offering new users a risk-free bet for up to $100.
Just register a new Unibet account and enter our unique Unibet bonus code BETBONUS and your first bet will be risk-free.
During this Unibet NJ review we’ll explain exactly how that welcome bonus works. We also will walk you through getting signed up with Unibet, tell you all your banking options, explain the types of bets you can make and even go over how to close your account or put responsible gaming restrictions in place.
Just remember, you’ll only qualify for the Unibet sign-up bonus by using the Unibet Sportsbook bonus code BETBONUS either when signing up or when making your first deposit.
Unibet Sportsbook sign-up bonus
Unibet Sportsbook has a welcome offer, if you make a deposit of at least $10, Unibet will refund your first bet if it loses, up to $100. Here are the additional details:
- You must sign up for Unibet NJ and enter the Unibet bonus code BETBONUS during registration or when making your opening deposit
- To qualify, your sports bet needs to have odds of -115 or longer (-110, +120, etc.).
- If that qualifying bet is deemed a loser, you are refunded in cash – yes, that’s right, cash, not free bets or site credit.
This is one of the best risk-free bets you’ll find at New Jersey online sportsbooks. What makes it so great is that you receive your refund in cash, with no restrictions of having to wager it again — you could withdraw it if you decided. Normally such bonuses provide you a free bet, so not only do you have to bet it, but you don’t get the bet back if you win, only the winnings. Unibet’s only major condition is that the odds have to be -115 or greater.
Unibet Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
Unibet doesn’t stop with its risk-free bet welcome bonus. Just remember to enter the Unibet NJ promo code BETBONUS to be eligible for all the special offers. Here is a rundown of some additional benefits.
- Parlay insurance: You’ll see various parlay insurance deals from time to time. For instance, when the UEFA Champions League round of 16 began, Unibet refunded losing same-game parlays of at least $20 for up to $20. All you needed to do was create a same-game parlay of two or more legs and bet $20 or more. And just like Unibet’s welcome offer, the refund was in the form of cash.
- Leaderboard competitions: During major tennis matches (Australian Open, Wimbledon, French Open, US Open) bettors earn points for every winning bet they place on the tournament. The top-scoring bettors will split $10,000.
- Weekly profit boosts: Unibet offers a variety of rotating live bet boosts, generally for 20% profit increases and focusing on one or two sports.
- Parlay booster: Parlays of three or more legs offer an increase of 4% to 50% on potential winnings, awarded entirely in cash. To qualify, each of your selections needs to have odds of -200 or greater. Three-leg parlays are boosted by 4%, and each additional leg adds to the boost, all the way up to 50% for a 12-leg parlay.
What we really like about these bonuses is that you are almost always rewarded with cash, whether it be in extra winnings or bet refunds. We wish more online sportsbooks did the same thing.
Is Unibet legal in New Jersey?
Yes, Unibet Sportsbook is completely legal in New Jersey. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement vetted the sportsbook before granting it a license in 2019. Unibet then launched its app and website on Sept. 10, 2019, and has been operational in the state ever since. Here are a few specific aspects of legal sports betting in New Jersey that you should know about:
- All bettors must be 21 or older.
- You must be within state lines to bet. To comply with this law, you’ll need to have geolocation software enabled on the device you use to bet.
- In addition, you aren’t allowed to bet on college teams from New Jersey or any college games taking place in the state.
How to create a Unibet account in New Jersey
You can create a Unibet account in a matter of minutes. Open either the app or website, click “Join Now” and enter the following personal details:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
- Unibet NJ promo code BETBONUS
Other than clicking a few boxes confirming that you’re 21 or older and that all your info is correct, you’re done and you can start betting.
Unibet Sportsbook app
The Unibet Sportsbook app can be a little shocking at first because it really is jammed packed with odds and lines and nothing else, but before we dig into the app itself, let’s be sure that you know how to get it on your iOS or Android device.
How to download the Unibet Sportsbook app
Start by following one of our links to the Unibet mobile site, and click on the appropriate link, either Apple or Android, to get the mobile betting app for your device. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, it will take anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes before you can start using the app.
Navigating the app
Upon opening the app, you’ll see that just about every inch of space is filled with games and odds, nothing else. A small bar across the top of the page lets users sign in and access the main menu.
The main menu will link you to a variety of information on Unibet’s sportsbook as well as its online casino, including the promos page and how to contact customer support. The smaller menu bar below the top one is for sports only. There you can go to all the live games that you can wager on, sort by sport or check out the daily odds boosts.
Clicking on your account on the right side of the page will let you access the cashier, check your current bonus status, view your account history, change your settings or log out.
Betting on the Unibet app
When it comes time to bet, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Select a wager you like. That adds it to your bet slip.
- If that is the only wager you want to place, click on your bet slip, which will have popped open in the lower right corner.
- Add your bet amount, and if you’re happy with the potential payout select “Place bet.” That’s it.
- If you’re looking to make more single wagers or create a parlay, simply keep clicking on bets to add them to your slip.
- Then open your slip and choose either round robin, parlay or straight.
- Add the amount you’d like to risk, check that you’re happy with the potential payout and place the bet just like before.
Even if this is your first time ever placing a bet on a sportsbook app, it should be pretty easy, and after a couple times you’ll have it down flat.
We have to admit, we really do enjoy the Unibet Sportsbook app. It’s quite simple, but betting on sports does not need to be complex.
Best features of the Unibet Sportsbook app
Here are our three favorite things about betting with Unibet in New Jersey:
- Promotions: Unibet kicks things off with a great welcome promo, and the offers just keep coming after that, from $20 refunds when placing same-game parlays to parlay boosters that can increase your winnings by as much as 50%.
- Minimalistic app: Sometimes the simpler the better, and when it comes to Unibet’s Android and iOS app, the simple approach wins the day. Unibet gives users exactly what they need from a sportsbook app, without any unnecessary clutter.
- Banking options: It always is nice to see an online sportsbook that provides bettors with plenty of methods for depositing and withdrawing money.
How could Unibet Sportsbook improve?
We like a lot of things about Unibet New Jersey, but that does not mean it’s perfect. Here are three ways it could stand to improve:
- Rewards program: Unibet does not currently have a rewards program, so adding one would be step one. Step two would be to create a loyalty program that doesn’t require wagering thousands of dollars to receive only a pittance in return.
- More daily odds boosts: It’s not uncommon to only see one odds boost a day. Naturally, we would like to see that number increase, up to at least one odds boost a day for each major sport.
- Cleaner division of sports: While we’re fans of Unibet’s simple app and website design, sometimes it can be a little too bare bones. For instance, we logged in recently and were greeted with college basketball, NHL and Serie A soccer games and a women’s tennis match all right next to one another. Needless to say, it felt a little slapdash.
Types of bets available on Unibet NJ Sportsbook
Speaking of sports bets, you can make just about any type of sports bet conceivable using the Unibet app in New Jersey. Here is our summary of all the types of wagers available at Unibet.
- Moneyline bets are wagers on which side is going to win. Negative odds indicate favorites, and positive odds are for underdogs.
- Point spreads are bets that take the margin of victory (or defeat) into account.
- Totals, also known as over/unders, are wagers on the total combined score by both sides in a game.
- Prop betting is when you make what are essentially side wagers unrelated to the final outcome of the game.
- Parlays combine two or more bets into one. If each selection you make ends up being right, you win the parlay. If even one of the bets is wrong, you lose.
- Teaser bets are akin to parlays, but they only involving betting against the spread, and you’re able to shift the line in your favor for each of the individual games.
- Round robins are also multiple bets, but they’re arranged in such a way that you can miss one of your picks and still win some money.
- Futures betting refers to wagers on more distant outcomes than the next couple of games, for instance betting on a team to win the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup.
- Live betting is when you wager on a game as it’s in progress. This is generally the realm of online sportsbooks because of how rapidly odds change during live games.
Sports you can bet on at Unibet in New Jersey
When it comes to US sports leagues, Unibet has markets for the NFL, MLB, the NHL, the NBA, UFC, NASCAR, MLS, the WNBA and the PGA Tour. For college sports, you can bet on NCAA football and basketball, but keep in mind that you can’t wager on New Jersey-based colleges or on college games taking place in New Jersey.
As for more betting options, Unibet has men’s and women’s tennis, EuroLeague basketball, KHL hockey and soccer markets like the English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Bundesliga, La Liga and, once every four years, the World Cup. You can view the whole list of sports you can bet on at Unibet by checking its app or website.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
Here are the top teams from the area — New Jersey, Philadelphia and New York City — that you can place bets on at Unibet.
- New Jersey: The only team with “New Jersey” in its name that you can place bets on at Unibet is the NHL’s New Jersey Devils. In addition, for football, the New York Giants and New York Jets play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Philadelphia: The city across the Delaware River is home to the Eagles (NFL), Phillies (MLB), Flyers (NHL), 76ers (NBA) and Union (MLS), as well as Division I college teams like Drexel, La Salle, Penn, Saint Joseph’s and Temple.
- New York City: As mentioned above, the Jets and Giants (NFL) play in New Jersey. You also have the New York Yankees and New York Mets (MLB), New York Islanders and New York Rangers (NHL), New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets (NBA), New York Liberty (WNBA) and New York Red Bulls and New York City FC (MLS). For college teams, some of the options are St. Francis, Fordham, St. John’s, Columbia and Manhattan.
New Jersey futures betting
Some New Jersey sportsbooks offer plenty of futures bets, while others not so much. Fortunately, Unibet is one of those that has a variety to choose from.
All you have to do is select the sport you’re interested in and choose “Futures” from the options along the top. If you select baseball futures, for instance, you’ll see odds for everything from which team will win the World Series to which pitcher will record the most strikeouts and which hitter will drive in the most runs. Prior to both the NFL and NBA drafts, you also can place futures bets on the top pick and potentially other draft specials.
And if you see a team you want to place a futures bet on at Unibet, but you don’t like the odds, just keep rechecking them every few days because futures markets tend to change quite a bit during both the regular season and offseason.
How to deposit and cash out on the Unibet app
Unibet Sportsbook accepts quite a few deposit methods, and despite offering only three ways to withdraw funds, those options are varied enough that at least one of them should work well for a majority of users. Here are your options for depositing:
- Credit/debit cards (Visa or Mastercard)
- VIP preferred (e-check)
- Online banking transfer
- Prepaid Play+ debit card
And here are your choices when it comes time to make a withdrawal:
- PayPal (if you deposited with PayPal)
- Online banking transfer
- Prepaid Play+ debit card
Unibet New Jersey also offers the option of making deposits and withdrawals at the casino cage of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City. You’ll need photo identification, but beyond that the Unibet website is a little unclear what else you need to make in-person transactions, so we recommend calling (609-449-1000) before making the trip to be sure you have everything you need.
How to contact Unibet customer support
Unibet’s customer service department is open daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. You can make contact by emailing [email protected], calling 855-655-6310 or by selecting “Chat” on the app or website.
Unibet also has a support page, where you can sift through various topics to help find the answers you are looking for. The topics are easy to navigate, and we’re guessing quite a few of your questions will have answers there.
Responsible gambling at Unibet New Jersey
As is the case with just about every licensed sportsbook in New Jersey, Unibet is committed to responsible gambling. In fact, it is one of the few we have seen actually address the issue on its “getting started” page.
Unibet lets players know that they can and should set limits for themselves to help make sure they manage both their time and money properly. It also provides links and phone numbers for people to get help with potential gambling problems.
Where is the Unibet retail sportsbook?
Unibet doesn’t have a retail sportsbook in New Jersey. You can, however, make withdrawals and deposits in person at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City.
- Address: 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-449-1000
- Website: www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com
Is Unibet the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
Unibet is a very good sportsbook, but no, we do not consider it the best sportsbook in the state of New Jersey.
In fact, our recommendation would be to give all three a try (they all have great welcome bonuses) and then you can decide which one is right for you. Or you could have accounts with all three and take advantage of each one’s promotional offers.
Unibet NJ Sportsbook FAQ
What is the best Unibet Sportsbook bonus code in New Jersey for February 2023?
Use the top Unibet bonus code BETBONUS when you sign up with Unibet Sportsbook and your first bet will be risk-free for up to $100. The best part about this offer is that if you lose your opening bet, you are refunded in cash, that can be withdrawn, so it really is risk-free for up to $100.
Is Unibet a legitimate sportsbook for New Jersey bettors?
Yes, Unibet is a completely legitimate online sportsbook and a great option for sports bettors. It is licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which is in charge of sports betting in the state. You can reach the NJDGE by email ([email protected]) or phone (609-984-0909) if you have any problems with Unibet or any other sportsbook in the state.
What is the minimum age to bet at Unibet Sportsbook in New Jersey?
All bettors must be a minimum of 21 years old. In addition, they need to be within state lines to place bets. That is why you’ll need to have geolocation technology enabled on the device with which you are betting.
Can I bet on college sports using the Unibet sports betting app?
While you can bet on college sports at Unibet, there are two restrictions. You’re not allowed to place any bets involving college teams from New Jersey, and you can’t bet on any college games taking place in the state.
Does Unibet offer odds boosts or let you cash out early?
Unibet has odds boosts and early cash-out options. When you click on menu, you should see a tab labeled “Odds boost(s).” When you click it, you’ll see all the boosts available. As for cashing out, when you add a wager to your bet slip, if there is a green “cash out” box right below the odds, that indicates your bet is eligible to cash out early.
Can I use Unibet outside of New Jersey?
Not really. At the present time, Unibet is only up and running in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Indiana. And even in those states, you will need to get a separate app to use Unibet. The sportsbook could be expanding, though, with potential launches in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Virginia and Tennessee.