Play Free Amaya Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin’s Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo’s Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin’s Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun’s Fortune Slots
- Lil’ Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin’s Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin’s Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo’s Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah’s Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel ’Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She’s A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin’ Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords – Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
Sometimes peace and quiet is so underrated. Having the time and space to sit in silence and contemplate, or just rest your eyes and drift off into a daydream is one of the most comforting and refreshing things you can do. Seldom do we have a chance to do that nowadays. That was until the Chilli Gold slot came along.
That’s because for the majority of the game, you play the Chilli Gold slot machine in cold and stony silence. Sure there’s the odd click as the reels fall into place, a burst of Mexican-themed music when you land a winning line, but for the rest of the time, it’s quieter than a Trappist Monk’s Library. Here’s the thing, I’m not sure that should be the case on a slot. So are there any other redeeming features the slot offers? Let’s take a look and find out.
Overview: Chilli Gold
Chilli Gold is a product of Amaya. It boasts a 5×4 reel set with 40 non-selectable paylines in play on each spin. The styling for the slot is a comedic, cartoon-style. The backdrop is presumably a Mexican desert complete with a rather cheerful donkey and a rather drunk-looking Mexican on the reels each above a flowering cactus. Yes perhaps a little stereotypical, but it’s the slots world after all.
One unusual aspect of the slot is that the Spin button is overlaid on the reels on the right. (As is the Information bar on the left of the screen.) These disappear when you click the button to set the reels spinning. You use the information tab to access the section to increase or decrease the size of your bet. You can increase the individual credit value (from $0.01 to $1.00) and the number of credits per line you want to wager (from one to five). That gives a minimum bet of $0.40 and a maximum bet of $200 per spin.
Who will the Chilli Gold slot appeal to?
The Chilli Gold slot is definitely a game that will appeal to fans who enjoy a quieter slots experience. Don’t get fooled by the rather bright and action-packed looking background, as this is a slot that can lure you into a gentle slumber with how quiet it plays. Although things do get a little louder and more celebratory when you do eventually trigger a payline win.
There’s a decent bonus game you can aim for in the Chilli Gold slot. This will certainly bring in players that enjoy free spins games, especially those that offer more than the standard 10-15 free spins. Chilli Gold is definitely an ‘all-round’ slot. It has enough features to keep most slot players happy without pushing the boat out too far and having anything truly groundbreaking.
Gameplay: Chilli Gold
The first thing you’ll notice is that this is a 5×4 slot and there are 40 paylines in play. That sounds a lot, but in truth for a slot with a 5×4 reel set, that isn’t a huge amount of paylines. That means that winning does not happen as frequently. Bear this in mind, as it makes this more a medium variance slot rather than a lower variance game.
Once you’ve selected your wager and number of coins or credits to wager per spin, you can hit the Spin button or use the Auto Play feature to get the reels turning. As I have said though, don’t expect any musical accompaniment on the reels. All you’ll get is the click of the reels as they fall into place, plus a little blast of music when you land a payline.
On the reels there are a mix of symbols. Lower value symbols include the playing card low symbols from 9 through to the King. These offer a chance of wins of up to 100 coins. There are also five higher value symbols. Ranked in order are the guitar, maracas, a cheerful blue parrot, a crazed-looking donkey and the seemingly inebriated Mexican who is holding a red chilli, which I thought I’d better clarify.
This latter symbol is the highest paying one on the slot. Five on a payline awards a rather tasty 1,000 coins. This is considerably more than you can win with any of the other higher value symbols.
Unlike other slots which have separate Wild and Scatter symbols, Chilli Gold has a Wild Scatter symbol. The Scatter symbol stacks across reels two, three, four and five. The Wild Scatter serves two purposes. First it’s used as a Wild symbol to substitute for high and low value symbols to create wins.
Secondly, if you can land six or more Wild Scatters on the reels then you’ll trigger a free spins bonus round. The number of chillis you land unlocks a stated number of free spins. These will range from 3 free spins for 6 chillis, up to 21 free spins if you land 12 chillis.
During the Free Spins round, you also have Extra Gold Chilli Wilds stacked on the reels. They give your chances of a bigger value win during free spins a big boost. Land the Wild Scatter symbol again during free spins in sufficient numbers and you can retrigger more free spins from within the bonus round too.
Special features: Chilli Gold
The Wild Scatter symbol serves a dual purpose in the Chilli Gold slot. You can use it as a Wild symbol to substitute for other symbols to create more winning paylines. Additionally, if you land enough, it triggers free spins. This symbol stacks on the second to fifth reels during the base game.
Land between 6 and 12 of the Wild Scatter symbols during the base game on any spin and you trigger between 3 and 21 free spins. You can retrigger free spins during the bonus and you also have the benefit of some extra Wilds on the reels.
Extra Stacked Wilds
During Free Spins, in addition to the Wild Scatter symbols, there is also an additional Extra Stacked Wild. This can significantly improve your chances of landing a bigger value win during the bonus feature.
I like the fact that with Wild Scatters you don’t effectively have wasted symbols on the reels like you do when you only hit one or two scatters in other games. With a Wild Scatter, even if it doesn’t trigger free spins, the Wild aspect can still trigger a payline win.
The fact that the Wild symbols stack on the second to fifth reels makes them more accessible. This makes the Free Spins bonus game relatively easy to trigger compared to some other free spins bonus rounds, albeit you tend to trigger just a small amount of free spins most times
Free Spins Bonus
The Free Spins round is good value especially with the extra Stack of Wilds across the second to fifth reels. You can hit some of the better value wins in this round and it’s definitely the round to aim for if you want to maximize your winnings from the slot.
Once again, this is a slot that doesn’t really offer a player any multiplier wins. I think that is a big omission, especially when you land some of the lower value wins in the base game. A multiplier on a Wild Scatter win for example would have added value to the slot.
Limited Free Spins
Most of the free spins bonus games you will trigger will be for just a small amount of free spins, themost commonly triggered are between 3 and 9 free spins. While 9 is a decent amount of Free Spins, 3 is a limiting amount. You can trigger this and win next to nothing on some occasions.
With a jackpot of 1,000 coins for a payline win, this isn’t a huge amount even if you could trigger than jackpot on more than one payline using the Wild symbols.
Graphics & soundtrack 1/5
I was really disappointed with the presentation on this slot. The lack of sound makes it distinctly unappealing. What sound it does use is entirely generic and uninspired. The graphics are, at best, stereotypical. They are a real mish-mash of colors that aren’t too easy on the eye.
Originality & creativity 2/5
I’m not a fan of 5×4 slots with 40 paylines or less. I think that makes it very hard to be profitable. Unfortunately, there’s lots of games like this around now. The way the slot uses the Wild symbols is clever, for which it earns its two marks. The rest is somewhat generic and bland.
Play value 2/5
This is a medium variance slot chiefly because there’s just 40 paylines. As a result you don’t win often and when you do win, the amounts won tend to be small unless you can hit a decent-sized payout in the Free Spins round, and that is never guaranteed.
Jackpot potential 2/5
The 1,000 coin jackpot on a payline is not the biggest even though you can win this across multiple paylines in the free spins round which does make it more appealing. Even so, it’s not a sizable jackpot that is likely to attract new players to give the slot a try.
Repeat play 1/5
I gave Chilli Gold a few sessions but even after the first I was wishing I was playing a different slot. It has a few redeeming features, but the overall appeal of the slot just isn’t there. I feel there are much better slots that you can play, offering you a better experience and better value. Not one you will return to often, in my view.
Total score: 8/25
I don’t really know what Amaya was trying to achieve with Chilli Gold. The intent didn’t hit the mark. This is a poor slot, and while there are one or two nice touches, it looks and feels like it’s rushed with little care or attention paid to how the game plays for the slot player.