OF GOLD COINS FOR $10
Play Free NextGen Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin’s Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo’s Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin’s Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun’s Fortune Slots
- Lil’ Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin’s Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin’s Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo’s Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah’s Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel ’Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She’s A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin’ Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords – Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
Tony Soprano hasn’t dominated the streets of New Jersey since 2007, but the past decade has seen the rise of an altogether different style of mobster in the Garden State thanks to award-winning online slot developers NextGen.
There’s nothing too fishy about this five-reel game, save of course for the undersea mob that rule the ocean with an iron fin.
The Codfather overseas (“sea” what we did there?) his dominion generously, though, and you might find yourself on the receiving end of protection money if you’re lucky.
Overview: The Codfather
The Codfather takes a Mafioso fish pun and really runs (or swims) with it, constructing an entire undersea underworld complete with different fish mob bosses all under the watchful eye of The Codfather himself.
The Codfather is, appropriately, the most valuable symbol to hit on the reels. He’s a wild symbol, substituting for all others save the scatter in payline wins, and can trigger the awesome Big Boss Bonus feature round if you’re lucky enough to land a trio.
Where to play The Codfather online in NJ
Appropriately enough for a game that involves hoarding riches as the head of an aquatic crime family, New Jersey online slots fans can find this and many other great games at Golden Nugget.
The Codfather isn’t completely exclusive to Golden Nugget, either. You don’t have to dive too deep to find out where else to look: It’s also at Caesars and SugarHouse online.
Gameplay: The Codfather
The game is a classic five-reel, 20-payline affair with the standard online slots card ranking symbols being joined by thematic symbols across the reels.
NextGen have done some clever things with their symbols, such as the swordfish inside a musical instrument case (rather than the classic Tommy Gun) and a seahorse’s head; this is a great allusion to The Godfather and one that will give most players a chuckle.
The play during regular spins is pretty standard, as you’d expect from a 20-payline game.
There aren’t many snazzy animations or side games to jazz things up, though you can elect to gamble your winnings in a double or nothing game after every spin.
Special features: The Codfather
The Codfather is a simple fish with simple pleasures, and it follows that the main bonus feature of this game would take after the Don. The Free Games feature does exactly as it says on the tin, offering 10 free games – with all prizes tripled as a nice bonus.
Big Boss bonus
What kind of mob boss would The Codfather be if he didn’t demand tribute and peace offerings from his rivals and underlings? The Codfather symbol is wild, and if you land three of those wilds on the reels during regular spins, you’ll unlock the Big Boss Bonus.
On top of any winnings you receive from your spin (which, with three or more wilds, should be pretty nice) you’ll choose one of the five undersea mobsters to pay you a peace offering.
A free spins feature round is good to see on almost any online slot, but this one comes with a welcome addition of tripled prizes on all free spins.
You receive a full 10 free games, as well, unlike many games that restrict you to a measly two or three.
The Mafioso music
The theme of Francis Ford Coppola’s Godfather trilogy is iconic and (obviously) an online slot can’t use it because of all those pesky copyright laws.
However, the Italian-style musical backdrop to this game is the next-best thing, and it’s clear where the inspiration for this fantastic slots soundtrack comes from.
The Big Boss Bonus
This is, on the surface (pun sort-of intended), nothing more than a standard pick ‘em feature that you find in a lot of online slots. However, it’s one of the best things about The Codfather for two reasons:
- The animation of the scared mob boss fish is really quite good.
- The feature is triggered by three wilds, which means it comes on top of an already-sizable win in most cases.
With the exception of the Big Boss Bonus, in which the fish mobsters become visibly frightened as you move your mouse (or fin) over them to pick a bonus, the animation for most of the game is rather standard.
The Codfather looks around menacingly with a wild win, but the spins are fairly static for the most part and can be aesthetically monotonous.
Theme potential wasted?
There are some clever nods to Mafioso movies and themes in this game, but we can’t help but feel that NextGen could have done more with a fish mob theme.
Where are the underwater shootouts? Where are the scary shark enforcers? It’s not a badly done game, but there is untapped potential here.
Graphics and soundtrack: 3.5/5
We’ve already mentioned that the soundtrack is awesome, and the graphics aren’t bad either. They’re not astounding like a lot of New Jersey online slots, but they’re better than many others. We’d have preferred more animation, though.
Originality and creativity: 2/5
In terms of a theme, the originality is up there. However, when we talk about gameplay and style it’s nothing new.
Many NextGen slots have very similar playing styles and The Codfather is, for better or for worse, no exception.
Play value: 3/5
The Codfather is a 20-payline game with a return to player of 95.2 percent. There are better value slots, but there are many worse ones.
The Free Games feature and Big Boss Bonus are both great value, however, which bumps up this game in our esteem.
Jackpot potential: 2/5
The maximum win on The Codfather is 15,000 coins, or $30,000, which is quite small as it goes. There are plenty of medium-sized wins to make up for this, though.
Repeat play: 3/5
This is going to be a polarizing game.
If you’re a fan of NextGen slots and big-value, simple bonus features then you’ll like this game a lot and it will have massive repeat play value for you. If it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing. Simple.
Total score 14.5/25
All in all, this isn’t the greatest online slot on offer in New Jersey, but it’s far from the worst and is definitely worth a spin if you’re looking for something new.
For more slot reviews, see our look at The Godfather NJ online slot. Or if it’s underwater life that you crave, how about Gold Fish, Reel ‘Em In, or Lobstermania 2?