Other Popular Slot Games
When Seth MacFarlane first created Family Guy, he probably did not realize that it would become the next great cartoon creation after The Simpsons and South Park.
Now you can join Peter, Lois, Chris, Meg, Stewie, and Brian plus a host of other characters from the TV series in this laugh-a-minute new slot game from IGT.
Overview: Family Guy
Family Guy is presented in the same cartoon-style format as the TV show and in that respect, it is a faithful port over. The characters all look and sound exactly the same as on the TV show, with the same quirks and foibles. In terms of presentation and sounds, the Family Guy slot absolutely delivers on all counts quite brilliantly.
At its core, it is a 5×3 slot, but IGT has added plenty of quirks to the game. Sure there’s the usual Wilds and Scatters but a host of bonus features, inspired by comedy moments from the show, mean that you will never tire of the slot.
With spins starting from $0.50 up to $1,500 per spin and a maximum win of 250,000 coins, it also offers a healthy payout too.
Who will the Family Guy slot appeal to?
It is fair to say that the Family Guy slot will appeal to a broad section of people.
It will be a hit with New Jersey online slot lovers because of the fantastic presentation, good-sized jackpot and the fantastic array of bonus features and games which really help bring the slot to life.
Add into that the humor in the slot and you have a game that not only instantly appeals but has longevity too.
There’s also immediate appeal to people who enjoy the cartoon because of how faithful the slot is in developing and portraying the characters from the TV show.
However, it should be noted that this is very much an adult slot. As fans of the TV show will be aware, it may be a cartoon show, but it does deal with more adult themes at times and these are evident in the slot.
So if you are a tad on the prudish side, then it may be best to load up a different game.
Gameplay: Family Guy
The base game itself is fun and jaunty to play, with the Family Guy theme as the background music and the main characters the high symbols on the reels and other objects made famous in the show amongst the low symbols on the reels.
Spins play out relatively quickly and there is an Autospin feature you can use if you prefer to let the software take the strain.
However, I’d advise against that as this is a base game that is packed to the brim with action. My one bug bear is that without the features, the base game wins tend to be small, not even matching your wager in most cases, which is a frustration as it doesn’t seem like a win when you are losing 95 percent of your stake.
However, if you persevere, then you are in for a treat due to the base game features.
These are the Griffin Family features and there are four that you can trigger.
- Peter can appear and when he does he will pass wind and give you an instant cash award of 4x to 100x your bet.
- Stewie will zap the reels with his ray gun and in doing so can create extra wilds.
- Lois turns one, two or three symbols on the reels into scatter symbols, offering you the chance to win between 1x and 1000x your bet
- Brian can appear when only a single Bonus symbol shows up on the reels (and this happens a lot) and when he does he can give you one or two additional bonus symbols, the second of these triggering the World Bonus game.
It is the World Bonus game that unlocks some of the special features of the game and lifts the slot onto a higher level, with the chance of winning some serious money.
Special features: Family Guy
The special feature round is accessed by landing three or more bonus symbols across the reels. You will land one relatively frequently, two also often enough but three does take a little while to hit. However, it is worth persevering as the rewards can be great.
When you hit three bonus symbols, you are taken to the World Bonus game. Here Stewie’s plan for world domination will be put into effect and all you have to do is spin the globe to decide which of the three bonus games you will play:
1. The Drunken Clam Bonus
This is a pick ‘em game where you select from one of four characters – Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland or Joe – and then pick between beers and other cash prizes round after round until your character passes out.
If another character passes out before yours, you earn a multiplier on your win.
2. The Chicken Fight Bonus
Another pick ’em game this time though you pick your fighter and watch as they battle it out against a giant chicken for three rounds. If your fighter wins, you get more cash and more picks on the money bags. If they lose, you get fewer picks and smaller cash amounts.
3. Lois Hot Free Spins Bonus
This is a free spins bonus where you start with 10 Free Spins and four high-paying Lois symbols on the reels.
However, if Quagmire appears on reel 3 you win an additional five free spins. Land the Peter Wild on reel 5 and you can collect these wilds to turn more of the Lois symbols Wild and thus more wilds on the reels equals a greater chance of multiple payline wins.
If you can trigger additional free spins and send Lois completely Wild, then this hot free spins bonus could pay out an amount you won’t forget.
- Presentation – IGT games are always good, but this one is simply stunning. An outstanding slot to look at, listen to and play with a great deal of added depth.
- Base game features – The addition of the Griffin Family Bonuses do help the base game considerably as the wins in the base game are otherwise relatively small.
- World Bonus features – Three different high-quality features each engaging and funny and each offering their own chances to win, although our favorite is the Lois Hot Free Spins bonus.
- Low base game wins – You may think you are winning a fair amount in the base game but most wins are generally low paying. Paying out $0.05 to $0.45. This isn’t great when the minimum spin is $0.50.
- Base Game Bonus tease – You will hit the bonus on the second reel so often you think you are bound to hit the bonus round soon, but time and time again you will hit one, or even two bonus symbols but not the third. This can get frustrating at times.
- Comedy taste – If you love the type of comedy in Family Guy the TV show, then you’ll love it on the slot. If not, then the bad-taste jokes may occasionally grate with you.
Graphics and soundtrack 4.5/5
Outstanding presentation, humor and graphics represent the TV show superbly. A little more animation would have given this the rare 5/5 mark.
Originality and creativity 4/5
The base game slot is generally standard, but the addition of the base game features and the World Bonus round, do give this game plenty of unique touches.
Play value 3/5
This is a mixed bag and it all depends on hitting the features. Hit them regularly and you get superb value, miss out on them and Family Guy soon proves to be expensive.
Jackpot potential 3.5/5
With an in game jackpot of 250,000 coins, this is a game that offers players the chance of a very nice sized win.
Repeat play 5/5
There’s so much to enjoy in the Family Guy slot that this is one game you will always come back to enjoy a few more spins on.
Total score 20/25
Family Guy is a fantastic slot that offers superb gaming for slot fans. Small bugbears aside, this slot has potential to be one of your favorite games for many years to come.
Image credit: 1000 Words / Shutterstock.com