Most Popular Slots in NJ
Play Free NextGen Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- 5 Dragons Slots
- 50 Dragons Slot Machine
- 50 Lions Slot Machine Review
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin’s Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Big Red Slot Machine
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Buffalo Slots Online
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo’s Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin’s Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun’s Fortune Slots
- Lil’ Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin’s Magic Respins Slots
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo’s Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah’s Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Nile Slot: Cleopatra Tries On A Retro Look
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel ’Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She’s A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin’ Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Van Gogh Slots
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords – Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
Of all the characters that sprung forth from Arthurian legend, perhaps no character has more mystique than the famous wizard of the court, Merlin. Shrouded in mystery and seemingly able to conjure up miracles at will, he has become as synonymous with the tales of the Knights of the Round Table as King Arthur himself.
Not only that, Merlin’s appeal has spawned a TV series, and now there is a rather exciting new slot from the team at NextGen Gaming. So can Merlin magic up a memorable slot game that offers equal amounts of appeal and excitement, plus the chance of a big win, or has the wizard’s magical powers started to wane? Let’s take a closer look at the elegant-looking Merlin’s Millions and find out.
Overview: Merlin’s Millions
Merlin’s Millions is a 5×4 reel slot that features a total of 50 paylines in play on each spin. You cannot select paylines. You can change the size of the bet by increasing the wager per payline from $0.02 up to $0.40. This gives you a standard bet range of $1 up to $20 per spin, which puts this more in the region of the low- to medium-stakes players. You can increase the size of the bet by using the Super Bet feature, which we will explore later in the review.
The setting for the slot is a forest glade, with Merlin himself standing to the left of the reels carrying his staff. The wizard can get a little impatient if you don’t spin the reels too quickly. (He’ll even give you a knock on the screen to keep you alert). There are gentle sound effects, adding to the spooky feel, without going overboard on the fear factor.
Who will the Merlin’s Millions slot appeal to?
Given that this slot has a slightly unusual 5×4 reel and 50 paylines set up, with a good number of bonus games and other features thrown in, fans of unusual slot games will certainly be attracted to Merlin’s Millions. The bonus features are well thought-out and they alone will certainly draw in keen slot players to give them a try.
Arthurian legend fans will also be keen to try the slot, although this is NextGen’s own interpretation of Merlin. Some may find it at odds with common pop culture portrayals of the wizard. There’s a base game jackpot of 1,000 times your bet, which when played at higher level stakes does translate into a very decent-sized win.
Gameplay: Merlin’s Millions
One of the most important things to note on the Merlin’s Millions slot is setting the size of your bet. This is because in addition to deciding on how much to spend per spin as a standard bet, you need to consider one of the special features of the slot, the SuperBet button. This button is on the right hand side of the screen.
The SuperBet feature allows you to increase the value of the multiplier applied to any win completed with the Wild symbol. Without the SuperBet feature enabled, the multiplier is 1x. You can increase that to 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x or 10x the value of the win, however with each increase in multiplier size, the amount you have to pay for the SuperBet feature also increases.
For example, if you are wagering $1 per spin and want the 10x multipler SuperBet feature, this would increase the cost of each spin from $1 to $7. An 8x multiplier would cost $6 in total. As you can see, it’s a hefty premium to pay, so you do need to consider whether you want to use this feature and at what size you want to set the multiplier.
Once you have selected this then you can start the reels spinning using the Spin button or Auto Play feature. The reels are populated with the usual mix of playing card low symbols (from nine through to ace) and there are three higher value symbols on the reels. There is a purple bottle with what looks like an eye inside it, Merlin’s staff and the Spellbook, which offers the base game jackpot of 1,000 coins when landed five on a payline.
The base game generally awards smaller wins. Many of these won’t cover your initial wager, especially if you are playing with a SuperBet multiplier. This means you need to trigger the key bonus features in order to give yourself a chance at the bigger value wins. Merlin is the Wild symbol. He is stacked on the reels allowing you the chance to win on multiple paylines on a single spin.
The first feature is the Owl Bonus. Land the owl on reels one, three and five and this triggers a Pick Me Bonus where all the symbols on the reel will turn into an owl symbol. You can then select one symbol and it will reveal a cash prize, or will tell you to collect what you have won. You continue to pick owl symbols until you select the collect option to end the round.
The Blue Orb feature is the in-game Free Spins bonus round. This symbol only appears on reels two, three and four and when you land it across these three reels in a single spin, you will receive five free spins. During the free spins, Merlin uses his staff to zap reels on each spin and this turns that entire reel wild. This is the round where most of the bigger wins can be achieved.
Finally, one other feature of note is the Gamble Feature, which is a standard prediction game. You can wager on the turn of a card drawn at random from the pack on any cash win. Either you can guess the color of the next card (red or black) to double your prize or guess the suit of the next card to quadruple the value of your prize. Guess incorrectly though and you lose any cash prize gained.
Special features: Merlin’s Millions
Blue Orb free spins
Land the blue orb across reels two, three and four and you trigger five free spins. Merlin will turn one or more reels entirely Wild during each spin, triggering some of the highest value wins available on the slot.
Land the owls on reels one, three and five and you launch the Owl Bonus. This is a selection game where you can select any of the owl symbols to reveal cash prizes. Keep selecting and winning cash until you select the collect symbol, at which point the round will end.
Before you spin the reels, you can elect to pay a premium to apply a multiplier of between 2x and 10x the standard win to any wins completed by the Wild symbol. The SuperBet feature isn’t a cheap option but the chance to win big is greater if you play with a larger multiplier in play.
The Merlin’s Millions slot has a very nice presentation and there are some nice touches. It does have a slight feel of the Gonzo’s Quest slot to it, albeit without the tumbling reels option. The graphics are not quite as sharp, but in terms of presentation, Merlin’s Millions does a very good job.
Merlin is stacked on the reels and he acts as the in-game Wild. He is often responsible for some of the biggest and most valuable base game wins, especially when you land several paylines and have the SuperBet feature in play.
Blue Orb free spins
Although it isn’t the easiest bonus to hit, patience is rewarded when you land the five free spins. That doesn’t seem a lot and the size of wins can be variable. The real game-changer is Merlin himself turning reels wild on each free spin. This feature allows for potentially larger wins, more so than in the base game.
I think the SuperBet feature is a great idea, but the fact that it costs so much to use on every spin (to play the full 10x multiplier costs you 7x your usual stake) means that this feature is effectively only viable for medium stakes punters. Lower-stakes players won’t want to spend $7 per spin to access the feature, especially when returns are usually very small.
Low-priced base game wins
You do win relatively often on the Merlin’s Millions slot but the vast majority of these wins are very small indeed, not even coming close to your usual stake on a spin. That does affect the play value of the slot considerably.
Too many lower value symbols
I’m not a fan when slots have lots of playing card lows and just three higher value symbols. In a game that is already weighted in favor of the casino, it just seems unfair for a player to have even less chance of a decent win by having fewer of the higher value symbols on the reels.
Graphics & soundtrack 4/5
The Merlin’s Millions slot looks and plays nicely with some nice touches in the background as you play the slots (watch Merlin’s antics as you spin). The music is sparse, but well thought out and keeps the suspense ratcheted high.
Originality & creativity 3/5
The fact this is a 5×4 slot with 50 paylines with a selection of bonus games, including the SuperBet feature, does make this a little more unusual and original than most slots, but at its heart it’s still a slot that uses free spins as its main selling point.
Play value 1/5
Unfortunately, this is where Merlin’s Millions really falls down. Too many lower value symbols compared to high means the value of most wins is very small compared to your bet. Add into that a SuperBet feature which is very expensive to utilize fully and you do not have a great value slot.
Jackpot potential 2/5
Hitting the jackpot in the base game of 1,000 times your stake is hard to do but is much more likely during free spins where entire reels can turn Wild. There’s also decent wins to be had in the Owl Bonus game too. It is fair to say though that the value of these wins isn’t massive compared to some other games.
Repeat play 3/5
There is enough enjoyment to be had in the Merlin slot to keep you coming back for more, but the game is definitely more suited to a medium-stakes player that can access the SuperBet feature. This means that the appeal is greatly diminished to a lower stakes player as a result.
Total score: 13/25
This is a slot that nearly hits the mark. The game is presented well and the Orb and Owl bonuses are well thought out. However, play value is very poor and the SuperBet feature is only accessible to mid-level stakes players given its hefty cost to use on each spin. This is a decent slot, but could have been so much better.