Most Popular Slots in NJ
Play Free IGT Slots in NJ
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Double Diamond Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Grand Monarch Slots
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Jeopardy! Slots
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Lil’ Lady Slot: This Gal Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Should You Keep This One In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Miss Red Slots
- Noah’s Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She’s A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Stinkin’ Rich Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: This Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Careful Before You Accept The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Van Gogh Slots
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
Having played so many different slots over the years, it’s rare nowadays to open up a game and be genuinely surprised at how it looks and sounds. It was certainly a pleasant surprise when I checked out the latest game from IGT, the somewhat curiously titled Tokidoki Lucky Town slot.
As the more observant of you will have noticed, this doesn’t sound like a game based in the West. Indeed, this is very much a Japanese-themed game. It’s based on some of the famous cartoons that are hugely popular in this part of the world. Let’s now take a closer look at this imaginative slot and see how it shapes up compared to other games.
Overview: Tokidoki Lucky Town
Normally, I’d try to provide a general idea of what a slot is about. Not today. The Tokidoki Lucky Town slot takes its inspiration from the lifestyle brand, Tokidoki, which is hugely popular in Japan. They make footwear, designer apparel, and other accessories using some of the iconic characters displayed on the slot.
That said, you don’t actually need to understand the detailed storyline behind a slot to get a great game from it. In terms of presentation, Tokidoki Lucky Town is a fantastic example of a modern slot. The music is fast, funky, and draws you into the game. Additionally, the cartoon-style graphics retain their Japanese feel.
Who will the Tokidoki Lucky Town slot appeal to?
This is definitely a slot that will appeal to the Asian market and to lovers of Japanese-style cartoons such as Manga, Pokemon, and similar. With Pokemon Go such a hit with mobile phone users, it is probably that which has inspired IGT to make a slot which has a similar appeal to users.
On top of that, the Tokidoki Lucky Town slot also packs in some innovative features into the game. This means that this is a slot that will definitely appeal to a modern slot gamer who likes their slot to have some features that are hard to find, or even unique. Seeing as this is a medium to high variance game, this is a slot that will also appeal to fans of this particular type of game.
Gameplay: Tokidoki Lucky Town
The first thing you will need to do when you load up Tokidoki Lucky Town is to decide on your coin value. To play the slot costs 60 coins. That will cover 40 paylines, plus a 20-coin premium for the features. You can wager from $0.60 up to a maximum of $600 per spin. So this is a slot which can appeal to all types of slot player.
However, I would say that for a 20-coin premium on every spin, the features that you have available, thanks to paying that amount, need to be top-notch in order to make the game worthwhile in terms of play value alone.
In terms of presentation, the slot looks great and sounds even better. The sound effects and music are absolutely spot on for the style of game. The graphics are cleverly done. You’ll see clear cartoon-style graphics for the higher value symbols and the usual playing card low symbols. When you trigger features, you also unlock some neat animations and cut scenes. These really do add excitement as you play.
In terms of payline wins, the general amounts you can win tend to be small. The highest payout in the base game on a single payline is 500 coins. This is paid out when you land five of the highest paying symbols (the Heart and Crossed Bones symbol) on a payline.
This symbol also acts as one of the Wild symbols in the game. There is also a second similar Wild, showing as a black-on-yellow background (but also has a 2x multiplier attached to it). Any wins with this symbol in the base game will be doubled. This second wild symbol only appears on the third reel in the base game.
Reel Reveal Feature
The other symbol to watch for, which unlocks the key features of Tokidoki Lucky Town, is the Reel Reveal symbol, which looks like a spinning record with an arrow on it. This symbol only appears on the fifth reel in the base game and when you land it on any spin, it triggers the Reel Reveal Feature.
Several things occur when this happens: first, a pair of green hands come down and shifts the reels one space to the left, creating a brand new reel in the place of the former fifth reel. You also receive a free spin. On this newly appeared reel there are a number of Reel Reveal features you can unlock if you keep retriggering the bonus.
- First Spin – Random Wild – The Caramella wild symbol appears on the Revealed Reel and will sprinkle between 1 and 3 Wild symbols across the reels.
- Second Spin – Random Multiplier – Land the Truffle Scatter symbol and you receive a 2x to 15x multiplier applied to the wins on your reels.
- Third Spin – Expanding Wild – The Pogo Scatter symbol on reel three turns the two reels to its left completely wild.
- Fourth Spin – Moofia Blind Box Picker – Hit 2 or 3 stacked Milk Cartons on this reel and you get to choose 1 of the cartons to win a cash prize worth up to 10X your original stake
- Fifth Spin – Symbol Upgrade – Land a Character Wild symbol anywhere on the fifth reel and all matching character symbols on other reels become Wild for that spin.
There is a Stacked Wild feature four symbols high. If you land this during the Reel Reveal feature, it will remain on the reels and move one reel to the left with each free spin triggered as part of the bonus.
Special features: Tokidoki Lucky Town
Two types of Wild symbol
There are two types of Wild in the game. The standard Heart and Crossed Bones wild which is a black-and-white symbol. There is also a black-and-yellow version of that Wild on reel three. This one offers a 2x multiplier on any wins that the symbol completes.
Reel Reveal Bonus
This bonus is the key to the game, as it gives players access to the myriad features in the slot. Receive one free spin and reveal a new reel as the existing reels are moved one space to the left and a new symbol is added to the fifth reel, which if triggered, will move you on through the bonus and trigger newer and more lucrative bonuses as you get deeper into the feature.
There are a series of four Wild symbols stacked on the fourth reel of the slot. When landed in the Reel Reveal section, these remain on the reels and move one place to the left with every successive free spin triggered. This offers the player increasing chances of a significant win.
The presentation on the Tokidoki Lucky Town slot is absolutely superb. From the music and sound effects that accompany the spins, to the animations that play throughout the game and even the way the reels spin, everything has been done to create a lively, vivid playing environment that draws the player in and the slot achieves precisely that.
This is a medium variance game and as such, there is a good mix of wins from lower value wins (which are smaller than your usual wager) to medium sized wins and the occasional big base game win which can really top up your balance nicely.
Reel Reveal Bonus
This is a key bonus in the game and in truth, it is what makes the slot more appealing as it is through this slot that you can access five different features on successive free spins if you can trigger the additional Reel Reveals on each.
Hard to trigger Reel Reveal
Although you only have to land one symbol on the fifth reel to trigger the Reel Reveal bonus, it is frustratingly hard to do so and it can take many many spins to trigger the bonus and even then, you may only receive one, or two free spins and not trigger all the features.
No dedicated free spins round
Although you get free spins as the Reel Reveal bonus, you may only receive one of these and with no other free spins game available, this is an omission that slot gamers who like these features, will sorely miss.
Low-value base game wins
Many of the wins you get in the base game are generally very small and often do not cover your initial bet, especially with the 20 coin premium to trigger the additional features. As such, the game can quickly become very expensive when you hit a low paying run of spins.
Graphics & soundtrack 5/5
Tokidoki Lucky Town is impeccable in terms of presentation and sounds. If you want a perfect template on how a modern, vibrant, cheery slot should look, then this is a perfect example.
Originality & creativity 4/5
There’s lots of innovation to be found in this slot too. Innovations include the use of animation and an inspirational trademark, the Reel Reveal game, two different Wilds, and how multipliers and free spins are used. This is a slot the like of which you won’t have played before that is for sure.
Unfortunately, those low value wins and small jackpots available mean that play value isn’t the best on the slot. This is a medium variance game so that 20-coin premium to access the features does make this slot less good value than others.
Jackpot potential 1/5
If you could trigger a 500-coin jackpot on multiple paylines, it wouldn’t be anything to write home about, even if played at the higher coin levels. This is not a slot that offers a big jackpot to tempt players in.
Repeat play 2/5
In terms of presentation and new features, this slot will certainly appeal but I think the lack of a decent jackpot and poor play value will greatly diminish its appeal to people very quickly and mean that they aren’t so keen to come back to play again so quickly.
Total score: 14/25
After such a promising start, Tokidoki Lucky Town does flatter to deceive a little. If you can hit this slot and get a good payout by triggering multiple features in the Reel Reveal round, then this will shoot to the top of your playlist. For the most though, it can prove to be a frustrating and expensive slot at times.