Play Free IGT Slots in NJ
- 1 Can 2 Can Slot Game
- 1421 Voyages Of Zheng He Slot Game
- A Night of Mystery Slots
- Aladdin’s Legacy Slot Review + Free Game
- Amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not Slot Review
- An Evening With Holly Madison Slot Machine
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy Online Slot
- Andre The Giant Slot Machine Review
- Bars & Bells Slot Machine – Play for Free!
- Battle for Olympus Slot Game
- Bier Haus Slot Review – Free Online Game
- Black Knight II Slot Game Review
- Black Knight Slot Game
- Blood Suckers Slot Machine
- Bubble Craze Slots – Free to Play
- Candy Bars Slot Machine
- Captain Payback Slot Review
- Cash Coaster Slot Game
- Cash Spin Slot Machine
- CATS Slot Machine
- Cherry Mischief Slot Game
- Chilli Gold Slot Machine
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Plus Slot Machine
- Cleopatra Slot Machine
- Cool Jewels Slot Game
- Crystal Forest Slot Machine
- Da Vinci Diamonds Dual Play Slots
- Da Vinci Diamonds Slot Machine
- Dangerous Beauty Slots
- Day of the Dead Online Slot Review
- Dazzle Me Slot Review
- Dead or Alive Online Slot Game
- Deal Or No Deal Slots
- Diamond Bonanza Progressive Slots
- Divine Fortune Slots
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds Slots
- Double Diamond Slots
- Drive Multiplier Mayhem Slots
- Elvis: The King Lives Slots Online
- Epic Monopoly II Slot: The Board Game Comes To Life
- Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood Slots
- Family Feud Slot: Will You Win Or Get The Big X?
- Family Guy Slot Machine
- Fantasini Master Of Mystery Slots
- Fire Queen Slots
- Flowers Slot Game
- Fortune Temple Slot: Will These Gods Bring Rewards To Your Bank Account?
- Frederic Vs Francois Slots
- Frozen Inferno Slots
- Fruit Shop Christmas Edition Slot: Festive Or Fizzle?
- Fruit Shop Slot: Perfectly Ripe Or A Rotten Experience?
- Ghostbusters Slots
- Giant Gems Slots
- Giant’s Gold Slots
- Glitz Slot: All That Glitters May Not Be Gold
- Gold Fish Slot: It’s A Fish, But Maybe It’s Not Exactly Gold
- Golden Goddess Slots
- Golden Knight Slots
- Golden Nugget Online Slot Game
- Goldify Slot: Will King Midas Grace You With His Touch?
- Gonzo’s Quest Slots
- Grand Monarch Slots
- Guns N’ Roses Slots
- Gypsy Slot: Will This Fortune Teller Smile Upon You?
- Hercules High And Mighty Slots
- iFiesta Cubana Slot: No “Havana” Bad Day Here!
- In Bloom Slot: There’s Nothing Sweeter Than A Rose
- Invaders From Planet Moolah Slots
- Jack And The Beanstalk Slots
- Jack Hammer 2 Slots
- Jack Hammer Slots
- Jaguar Princess Slots
- Jalapeno Racers Slot: Will This Hot & Spicy Game Take A Bite Out Of Your Wallet?
- Jeopardy! Slots
- Jimi Hendrix Slots
- Jin’s Jungle Slots
- King Kong Slot: This Ape Packs A Punch
- King of Macedonia Slots Machine
- King Of Slots: Does This Game Truly Rule The Kingdom?
- KISS Shout It Out Loud Slots
- Kitty Glitter Slots
- Legends Of Troy Slot: Will This Trojan Horse Be The Downfall Of Your Bankroll?
- Leprechaun’s Fortune Slots
- Lil’ Lady Slot: Chomps Up A Bankroll With Cutesy Quickness
- Lobstermania 2 Slot: Keep In Your Pot Or Throw It Back To Sea?
- Lunaris Slots
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Medieval Money Slot: Hit The Target And Score Big
- Merlin’s Magic Respins Slots
- Merlin’s Millions Slot: Can This Wizard Conjure Up A Big Win?
- Miss Red Slots
- Monopoly Big Event Slots
- Montezuma Slots
- Mythic Maiden Slot: Big Jackpots With A Side Of Eeriness
- Nemo’s Voyage Slots
- Neon Staxx Slots
- Noah’s Ark Slots
- Nordic Heroes Slots
- Nouveau Riche Slots
- Nuts & Bolts Slot: High-Tech Robots Just Might Provide A Winning Streak
- OMG! Kittens Slots
- Piggy Riches Slots
- Prowling Panther Slots
- Pyramid Quest For Immortality Slot: A Volatile Journey Could Result In A Monumental Payout
- Queen Of The Wild Slots
- Quick Hit Platinum Slots
- Raging Rhino Slots
- Raiden V Slot Game Review
- Ravishing Beauties Slot: It Might End Up Ravaging Your Bankroll
- Red Flag Fleet Slots
- Reel ’Em In Big Bass Bucks Slot: One To Keep On The Line Or One To Toss Back?
- Reel Rush Slot: Respin Magic Can Add to Your Bankroll
- Rocket Man Slot: Take a Sci-Fi Spin Into Space
- Scratchcard Shop Slot: Lottery Ticket Theme Makes For Unique Game
- Scudamore’s Super Stakes Slot Review
- Secrets of Atlantis Slots
- Secrets Of The Forest Slots
- Secrets Of The Phoenix Slots
- Shadow of the Panther Slots
- Shamrockers Eire To Rock Slots
- She’s A Rich Girl Slots
- Siberian Storm Slot: A High Variance Game That’s Not Particularly Siberian Or Stormy
- Sirens Slot: Will These Ladies Of Myth Wreak Destruction On Your Bankroll?
- Spartacus Gladiator Of Rome Slots
- Spinata Grande Slots
- Spinning Dragons Slots
- Starburst Slots
- Starmania Slots
- Stinkin’ Rich Slots
- Super Jackpot Party Slot: An Incredibly Fun Affair With Long-Term Appeal
- Super Monopoly Money Slots
- Super Times Pay Hot Roll Slots
- Super Times Pay Slot: A Retro Slot With Modern Twists
- Texas Tea Slots
- The 100,000 Pyramid Slot Online
- The Amulet And The Charm Slot: Magic And Myth Combined Into One Game
- The Balloonies Slot: Clever Game Will Have You Floating On Air
- The Codfather Slot Game
- The Dream Slot: Fantasy or NIghtmare?
- The Godfather Slot: Does It Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse?
- The Hoot Loot Slots
- The Lovely Outlaws Slot: A Romp Through The Wild West
- The Mighty Atlas Slot: Will Titan-Sized Jackpots Await You?
- The Vanishing Act Slot: This Online Game Is Low On Trickery, High On Variance
- Theme Park Tickets Of Fortune Slot: Will It Keep You Coming Back For More?
- Tiki Island Slot: Will Players Be Saying Aloha Hello Or Aloha Goodbye?
- Tiki Totems Slot: Is It Worth Carving Out A Little Time For?
- Tokidoki Lucky Town Slot: Japanese Cartoons Inspire, But Do They Reward?
- Tornado: Farm Escape Slot Will Make You Run For Cover!
- Treasures From The Gods Slot: A Minimalist Myth-Based Game
- Treasures Of The Pyramids Slot: Worth The Journey Back In Time?
- Treasures Of Troy Slot: Be Wary of The Wooden Horse
- Triple Diamond Slot: If You Like Double Diamond, Try This Gem
- Triple Red Hot 777 Free Games Slots
- Twin Spin Slot: A Retro-Style Slot That Doubles Down On Enjoyment
- Vegas Hits Slots
- Victorious Slot: Will You Triumph Over The Roman Empire?
- Warlords – Crystals of Power Slot: Will You Fight To The Death For $1,000,000?
- Western Belles Slot: For A Thrilling Time Try The Wild Reel Feature
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Triple Extreme Slots
- Wheel Of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels Slots
- When Pigs Fly: An Outrageously Awesome Game With Unique Reel Layout
- White Falls Slot: Tarzan Meets Jane In An Engaging Slot
- Wild Rodeo Slot: Saddle Up And Get Ready For The Ride Of Your Life
- Wild Wild West Slots
- Wild Wolf Slots
- Wishing You Fortune Slots
- Wolf Run Slot: Does The Land-Based Hit Translate To The Online Realm?
- Wonderland Slot: Eat The Cake Or Refuse The Drink?
- Wonders Of The Deep Slot: Will A Dive Into This Game Yield Treasure?
- Zeus 1000 Slot: The King Of Gods Can Be Generous
- Zeus III Slot: Will the Gods Smile Upon You?
- Zeus Slot: Travel Back In Time With A Retro Game Offering Excellent Value
Don McLean wrote the famous song “Vincent” about the subject of the Van Gogh slot, celebrating the painter’s short and fruitful time on planet Earth.
So with an open mind, a starry, starry night behind me and absolutely no intention of lopping off an ear, I decided to try my luck on this rather exciting and grand-looking slot at Mohegan Sun Casino (it’s also at sister site Resorts online casino) to see just exactly what it offered the typical slots enthusiast.
Here’s what Van Gogh delivered.
Overview: Van Gogh
With one of Van Gogh’s masterworks as the backdrop, this is a 5×3 reel slot which doesn’t feature reels as much as the symbols drop down from above thanks to the Tumbling Reels feature.
This also means that when you hit a winning payline, the symbols part of that payline will disappear, and trigger additional symbols to replace them and the potential of further wins from the same spin.
There are 20 selectable paylines in operation and you can play one, five, nine, 15, or 20 paylines on every spin. Bets can range upwards of $0.01 to $1 per payline, for a minimum bet of $0.01 or a maximum bet of $20.
That isn’t going to be a huge attraction to the higher stakes player but will certainly keep smaller and medium stakes gamblers interested.
In addition to the usual playing card lows, the base game sees three of Van Gogh’s most famous works (Starry Night, Irises and Self Portrait) as symbols on the reels, as well as a bonus symbol (which triggers the free spins), a wild symbol, and a Van Gogh logo symbol, which is the highest paying high symbol in the game.
During free spins, the three paintings are replaced by three different Van Gogh works and each of these works become scatter symbols during free spins, paying out if they appear three times across any of the reels. Tumbling Reels is also in action during free spins.
An autoplay feature allows you to play up to 25 free spins at a time, which is especially useful for players who like to sit back and watch the game, rather than continually click the spin button.
Who will the Van Gogh slot appeal to?
Once you’re over the initial surprise of this being a slot about a 19th century artist, it’s actually a rather enjoyable one to play. The features of the slot mean that it will certainly appeal to the new breed of player who enjoys plenty of features in a game, but it also retains the simplicity of a slightly more retro slot.
The smaller stakes mean it will appeal more to mid-lower stakes players. With no huge jackpot to chase, players who prefer smaller rewards more frequently will likely find plenty to enjoy on the slot.
Gameplay: Van Gogh
In terms of gameplay, the Van Gogh slot really hits the mark. The wins in the base game, while often small, occur often enough to keep you spinning and occasionally, you’ll hit a much bigger win which helps top up your balance.
The Tumbling Reels feature plays a huge part, allowing you multiple wins from the same spin relatively frequently.
However, it is the free spins round which is the real masterpiece here. Although the number of spins you receive is small, you can trigger many more free spins in this section (up to 300 is possible).
With the Tumbling Reels feature active and three more scatters on the reels, you can rack up several wins from a single spin relatively frequently. This really adds value to the game for the New Jersey online casino player.
Special features: Van Gogh
During both the base game and during free spins, this feature is active and ensures all high and low symbols used to create a winning payline disappear and are replaced by new symbols dropping from above, which can, in turn, trigger additional wins from the same spin.
Land three or more of the bonus scatter symbols across the first three reels and you trigger the free spins bonus round.
Here you can win six free spins, which can be retriggered and during which there is are three different Van Gogh paintings on the reels acting as scatters (which pay out when you land three or more in any position). Tumbling reels is in operation during free spins too.
The in-game wild symbol can replace any high or low symbol to help create a winning payline.
This feature has many names depending on which slot you play, but the fact that your winning payline symbols disappear and new symbols drop into their place can see you hit more than one win from a single spin.
This can be especially beneficial during free spins in particular and adds real value to the slot.
The sound effects in the game are sparse, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. When something happens on screen and you hear it, you’re more alert to it.
Using sound in this way is clever as it offers players, especially those on autoplay, another cue that they may have hit a feature. The sound effects are well thought-out and not too grating.
Although you only get a small number of free spins — these can be retriggered and with the Tumbling Reels feature in operation — it actually feels like you get considerably more free spins on your turn than you actually should.
Whether that is an illusion or not, it does make the player feel positive about the slot. The three additional scatter symbols during free spins is also a huge bonus too. With retriggering free spins, you could potentially earn up to 300 free spins in total.
With a maximum possible win in the base game and free spins of 5,000 times your line bet per spin, Van Gogh isn’t a game that is going to set the pulse racing of any jackpot hunters.
Being picky, I’d have liked to see some more of Van Gogh’s works across the reels. Just six from an artist of such repute, especially when the reels are packed with the usual playing card lows, is a tad disappointing.
Graphics and soundtrack 3.5/5
The graphics are clean and crisp and the works of Van Gogh make for great symbols.
The sound is somewhat basic, with the base game often silent at times, but it triggers when wins and features are hit and that does work well on the slot.
Originality and creativity 4/5
The theme is certainly original and far removed from the usual theme for slot games, so IGT deserves credit for that.
They have realized the game well, with a solid free spins round and Tumbling Reels making this game one that catches the eye and is fun to play.
Play value 3/5
Regular base game wins are generally small, but you can hit higher value ones, but the real value comes from hitting the free spins where bigger wins are much more plentiful.
Jackpot potential 2/5
Five thousand times your line bet isn’t a huge amount to win, especially if you are playing for just $0.20 per spin, but it is not to be scoffed at for people who aren’t chasing a big win.
If you are, then Van Gogh won’t deliver the riches you seek.
Repeat play 4/5
The Van Gogh slot has plenty of longevity in it. The features make for an absorbing game, both in the base game and especially in free spins.
The fact that wins are common means that it won’t take too big a bite out of your bankroll.
Total score 17.5/25
I was very pleasantly surprised by the Van Gogh slot. Not expecting a great deal, the game proved to be fun to play, rewarding, and wholly enjoyable. This is one slot that players will come back to play frequently.
Image credit: Martien van Gaalen / Shutterstock.com