Reviews of NJ online games
New Jersey online casino games
What games do NJ online casinos offer?
Click on the links below for a full list of each type of game (including all variants) for each legal online gambling site in New Jersey:
- Blackjack at NJ online casinos
- Bingo at NJ online casinos
- “Carnival Games” at NJ online casinos
- Craps at NJ online casinos
- “Live Dealer” games at NJ online casinos
- Roulette at NJ online casinos
- Slots at NJ online casinos
- Table Games at NJ online casinos
- Video Poker at NJ online casinos
- Virtual Sports at NJ online casinos
- Slingo at NJ online casinos
When the NJ online casino first launched in November 2013, players were often hard-pressed to find their favorite game titles. That has since changed. Over the last few years, the average operator had added dozens, if not hundreds, of new titles to its library. Many of these titles mimic those found on Atlantic City casino floors.
- Slots: NJ online casinos offer a rather balanced blend of old standbys and modern favorites. Top providers include IGT, NYX Gaming, High 5 and Amaya Gaming. Standard penny slots and progressives are available. Nearly all slots feature multiple bonus games.
- Table games: On display are classics such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat and craps. There are also carnival games such as Let it Ride and Pai Gow Poker.
- Video poker: Both single and multi-line video poker games are available. These include casino standards such as Double Double Bonus, Jacks and Better and Deuces Wild. IGT (Game King)—the same manufacturer that provides video poker games for Atlantic City casinos—provides most of the online video poker titles.
- Slingo: From Slingo Extreme to the classic, the game can be enjoyed in a casino form, as an arcade-type game or on a scratch-off ticket.
NJ online casino FAQ
How do I know the games are fair?
The NJ online casino market is a legal and regulated industry. The NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) provides regulatory oversight. This is the same committee responsible for regulating Atlantic City’s casino industry, an industry that has been an existence for nearly 40 years.
As such, all online casino games are subject to the same rigorous vetting process as games spread on Atlantic City casino floors.
It is important to recognize, that even in a regulated environment, all games favor the house. But one of the key differentials separating NJ regulated sites from illegal offshore operators is that there’s nothing preventing the latter from unfairly stacking the deck, or rigging slot machines to prevent big payouts.
By contrast, NJ online casinos provide full disclosure regarding the rules and odds. They often go so far as to list the return to player (RTP) in a game’s info tab. And given the strict regulatory framework in place, players can be assured that what they see is what they get.
Do NJ online casinos have the same games that I play in Atlantic City?
Yes, there is a good deal of overlap.
Atlantic City casinos hold all Internet Gaming Permits (IGP) issued by the DGE. Most online sites possess the same branding as their associated brick-and-mortar venue. Given this, it makes sense that IGP holders would want to spread the same games online that they use to attract patrons to their casino floors.
They’re able to make this happen via online partnerships with many of the same trusted game manufacturers that provide games for land-based casinos throughout the world. IGT and ShuffleMaster are just a couple that come to mind.
And because the overwhelming majority of modern slot machines found at physical casinos are all digital, manufacturers are able to provide online sites with slots that are functionally equivalent to ones found live. The only real differences are that online slots generally possess more settings options, and aren’t housed in a physical cabinet.
Popular slots that have made the transition from live to online include:
- Double Diamonds
- Quick Hit Platinum
- Double Da Vinci Diamonds
- Wheel of Fortune: Triple Extreme Spin
Video poker games found online are also largely similar to their land-based counterparts. This is due primarily to the high prevalence of Game King machines online.
Table games are the one area where players will notice a variety of differences. The most obvious departure is that table games at live casinos use live dealers and physical playing devices such as cards, dice, and chips. By contrast, most online table games are completely digital.
As different as the table game atmosphere is online, the games and game rules are generally quite similar. Blackjack, roulette, baccarat and craps are just a few of the table games spread at both Atlantic City casinos and online.
And with the recent launch of Live Dealer games in the NJ online gambling market, even the atmospheric divide between online and live table games should begin to shrink.
Why would I want to play online instead of at a casino?
There are myriad reasons why a gambler might prefer an online casino over a brick-and-mortar establishment. The one that sticks out the most is the level of convenience playing online affords.
NJ online casinos are open for business 24/7. You can access them from anywhere in the state of New Jersey via either an Internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Pending you’ve already registered a real-money account on an online site, the turnaround time from wanting to gamble to actually gambling can be less than a minute.
By contrast, the main population centers in New Jersey are located at least a two-hour drive from Atlantic City. And that doesn’t account for time spent trying to park, navigating the casino floor in search of your favorite games, and loading a machine with money.
Additional reasons to participate in online gambling
- Cashiering options: Land-based casino players either have to buy-in with cash or go through the laborious process of setting up a credit line. Online casinos accept a wide variety of payment methods. These include credit/debit cards, eChecks, online banking transfers, and payments from third-party processors such as PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill.
- Better bonuses: Players making their first real-money deposit at an online site are typically eligible for a sizable welcome package. The best of these offers boost their starting bankrolls by up to, if not over, $1,000. Loyalty card registration bonuses at brick and mortar venues are generally much smaller.
- Free play: While both online and live casinos reward loyal players with free play, live players typically have to wait until the following month’s mailer comes in to take advantage. By contrast, NJ online casino sites are known to award free play on the spot.
- Round-the-clock support: Generally speaking, online casino support teams are available 24/7 via live chat and phone, and are well equipped to handle most questions.
- More responsible gaming options: Online gamblers have a bevy of responsible gaming features at their disposal. These include the ability to limit their deposits, time played per session, and amount lost per session. They can also time themselves out, or self-exclude for a designated period. Land-based casinos offer fewer options, and setting up restrictions at a physical casino is a lengthier process.
- Relaxed environment: Online, players can play at their own pace. They are free to look up correct strategy plays while involved in a bet. There is also a measure of privacy afforded to the online gambler that isn’t found live.
Do I earn rewards point for playing games at an online casino?
Yes. All NJ online casinos offer some sort of loyalty scheme that at a minimum enables players to earn rewards points. Generally speaking, these points can be converted to cash for use on the site or immediate withdrawal.
Some operators go a step further, by allowing patrons to tie rewards points earned online to their land-based casino loyalty cards. For instance, players that frequent Caesars‘ affiliated online sites in New Jersey can earn Total Rewards points, just as they would at Harrah’s, Caesars or Bally’s in Atlantic City. And just like points earned live, online Total Rewards credits can be used for land-based comps.
For those who aren’t familiar with how the bulk of NJ-based online casino loyalty programs function, here is a brief overview:
- Upon completing the registration process, players are assigned a base loyalty tier.
- By placing real-money wagers they will earn rewards points, at a rate specified by the casino. More often than not, slot play allows players to accrue points at a swifter pace.
- After generating a predetermined number of rewards points, players will move up a loyalty tier. Most loyalty schemes have at least four monthly tiers.
- Players retain the loyalty tier they earned for the remainder of the month and the next calendar month.
- Along the way, they can exchange rewards points earned for cash.
The benefits of achieving a higher loyalty status are varied and include higher reward point multipliers, better bonus offers, VIP host access, and free rooms and entertainment deals at Atlantic City casinos
What are the smallest bets I can make playing online?
Perhaps one of the most attractive features of NJ online casino sites are the wide range of stakes available.
Slot players can gamble online for as little as $0.25 per spin, much as they can at land-based casinos in Atlantic City. Small stakes table game players have it even better, as they can wager on popular titles such as blackjack for a minimum of $0.10 per hand. The same players will be lucky to find $5 minimums at live venues.
But it’s perhaps video poker players that get the best of it, as not only can they play for a minimum of $0.10 per try, they’ll still win maximum payouts on a Royal Flush. By contrast, live players aren’t eligible for 800x payouts unless they wager five coins per hands.
Furthermore, live low stakes video poker play tends to be paired with poor payout schedules, but that’s not the case online, where the $0.10 player is offered the same return as the $50 high roller.
- New Jersey online casino games
- NJ online casino FAQ