Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, a full-scale resort, is the flagship of Atlantic City.
It nearly doubles its closest competitor in terms of monthly Atlantic City casino revenue and is often compared to the best of Las Vegas casinos. MGM Resorts owns Borgata, and the MLife players club is used at the property.
Borgata AC Casino
Borgata has the widest variety of casino games in Atlantic City. Nearly every game in the market may be found here. This includes casino table games, slots, and casino video poker. There is also a race and sportsbook, as well as the largest poker room in Atlantic City.
There are 85 tables at the Borgata poker room. Players will find 1/2, 2/5 and 5/10 No Limit Hold’em running most or all hours of the day. Busier hours have 10/20 and 25/50 also available. Fixed Limit Hold’em games up to 10/20 are spread regularly. High-limit mixed games and studs are also spread on weekends.
Borgata has a Race and Sports Book next to the poker room. It was the first sportsbook to open in Atlantic City.
There are 180 table games at Borgata. This leads the market by a substantial margin. The list below shows all tables and limits. All blackjack tables at Borgata pay 3-2 on a natural. Double down before and after splitting is permitted. Surrender and resplit aces are not. Eight-deck blackjack games hit soft 17. Six-deck stands on all 17s.
Double zero roulette games offer la partage. This returns half of an even-money wager to the player when the ball lands on zero.
Borgata table games
- Eight Deck Blackjack: $10 to $1,000 (52 tables)
- Six Deck Blackjack: $25 to $3,000 (13 tables)
- Six Deck Blackjack: $100 to $10,000 (8 tables, high limit salon)
- Single Zero Roulette: $100 to $2,000 (1 table)
- Double Zero Roulette: $10 to $500 (17 tables)
- Three Card Poker: $5 to $1,000 (13 tables)
- Four Card Poker: $10 to $500 (6 tables)
- Caribbean Stud: $5 to $1,000 (1 table)
- Texas Hold’em Bonus: $5 to $500 (4 tables)
- Let It Ride: $5 to $500 (5 tables)
- Criss Cross Poker: $5 to $500 (4 tables)
- Craps 3-4-5x odds: $10 to $5,000 (9 tables)
- Casino War: $5 to $500 (2 tables)
- Flop Poker: $5 to $500 (4 tables)
- Baccarat: $20 to $10,000 (22 tables)
- Pai Gow Poker: $20 to $10,000 (6 tables)
- Pai Gow Tiles: $20 to $20,000 (3 tables)
- Asia Poker: $20 to $10,000 (2 tables)
- Big Wheel: $2 to $100
There is a video roulette machine with limits of $3 to $500. The game has two zeros and does not offer la partage. There is a bank of Game Maker machines by the high-limit blackjack pit with video Let It Ride offering $1 to $5 limits.
The best video poker at Borgata is 9/5 Super Double Bonus. It is available in quarter, half-dollar and dollar denominations. The return-to-player for this game is 99.69 percent with five coins and perfect play. Full-pay Jacks or Better, with a 99.54 percent RTP, is spread in quarters all the way up to $25. VPFree2 notes that there are also $1 and $2 8/5 Bonus Poker on several Ultimate X machines.
MLife Card rewards program
Borgata uses the MLife Rewards card.
MLife is the players club used by all MGM Resorts properties. Players earn $10 in express comps and $4 in free play for every $5,000 wagered on slots. Players who achieve Pearl or higher in MLife receive free parking. Each tier earns comps and free play 10 percent faster than the one below it. The higher tiers are Pearl, Gold, Platinum, and Noir.
Online gambling at Borgata
Borgata hosts several online gambling brands in the state. All sites listed are regulated by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement:
|Brand||Online Casino||Online Sportsbook||Online Poker|
|Borgata||Borgata online casino||Borgata Sports||Borgata poker|
|PartyPoker||Party Casino||NA||Party Poker|
|BetMGM||BetMGM Casino||BetMGM Sports||BetMGM Poker|
|Pala*||Pala Casino||NA||Pala Poker|
*Pala also hosts an online bingo site in New Jersey.
Borgata Atlantic City hotel
There are 2,802 hotel rooms at Borgata. About 800 of these rooms are in The Water Club, a luxurious hotel with its own amenities that connects to the Borgata. Rooms at the main Borgata Hotel and The Water Club may be reserved on Borgata’s website.
There are seven room trims at Borgata. They are:
- Classic room: Tends to be on lower floors with little or no view.
- Grande room: Larger than Classic with better views.
- Fiore suite: At 700 square feet, this spacious room offers floor-to-ceiling views.
- Opus suite: These 1,000-square-foot rooms offer breathtaking views and a bath/shower for two.
- Piatto suite: Similar to Opus suites, but 500 square feet larger.
- Club room: This luxury room is available only at The Water Club.
- Vista room: This luxury room is available only at The Water Club.
Some trims are available with two queen beds or one king bed. Classic rooms start about $89 per night on weekdays during the off-season. The Grande room is a $60 upgrade. Suites generally start $650 higher than Grande rooms. Rates tend to triple during peak season and weekends. There is a $15 per night resort fee.
Borgata AC entertainment
Borgata offers several entertainment options. The Premier Nightclub has headline DJs and a dancefloor. The Gypsy Bar has live musical acts most nights of the week. There is also an outdoor beer garden by the pool that is open in the summer.
Borgata Atlantic City restaurants
There are more than a dozen restaurants at Borgata. These range from high-end steakhouses to coffee shops.
- Bobby Flay Steak: This upscale steakhouse specializes in a Philadelphia-style strip steak. There is also a lobster bar and a variety of seafood appetizers and entrees. Bobby Flay Steak is closed Mondays.
- Izakaya by Michael Schulson: This modern Japanese dining option specializes in sushi. There are also many traditional Asian entrees and appetizers. Izakaya is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Old Homestead Steakhouse: This New York institution has been serving steaks since the late 1800s. The menu consists of a variety of steaks, seafood and fine desserts. The restaurant is closed Sundays.
- Wolfgang Puck American Grille: This dining option offers American fare with a twist. Signature items include spicy tuna tartare and Hong Kong-style Atlantic salmon. Wolfgang Puck American Grille is closed Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Metropolitan: This oyster bar also offers other shellfish. There are breakfast and steak options on the menu, also. It opens daily at 7 a.m. Oyster bar hours vary.
- Bread + Butter: This is Borgata’s 24-hour dining option. There is a full breakfast menu with sandwiches and entrees served after 11 a.m.
- Buffet: The Borgata’s buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Breakfast costs $16.95. Lunch costs $19.95. Dinner costs $34.95 and Sunday brunch costs $27.95.
- Marketplace Eatery: Borgata’s food court hosts a coffee shop, Grab & Go, a wine bar, Cop & Toss, Burgers & Fries, Casa Taco Express, Asian Fusion, Pizata: Pizza and Pasta, Philly Steak & Subs and Ben & Jerry’s. Hours depend on the outlet. The coffee bar and Grab & Go are the only 24-hour options in the food court. However, Burger & Fries is open until 5 a.m.