DraftKings Sportsbook is now live and taking bets in New Jersey.
DraftKings sports betting in New Jersey was approved for soft launch, and after a few days of testing, the NJ online sports betting app was cleared for a full launch. It became the first online sports betting app outside Nevada.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code – February 2019
New users get an exclusive $25 in free bets just for signing up at DraftKings Sportsbook NJ. The five bets each equal $5 so you get five free bets.
Your first deposit is also matched up to $500 at DraftKings.
No promo code needed, just use our link to get to our exclusive DraftKings Sportsbook lander.
- Competitive Lines
- Bet Variety
DraftKings Sportsbook was the first to launch in New Jersey’s online sports betting market and the first mobile sportsbook app outside of Nevada, beating out experienced players such as MGM/Borgata and Caesars. While the competition was nonexistent for the better part of a month, DraftKings made its mark with in-play betting, betting carousels, and variety of bets.
Bottom line: As the first in market, DraftKings has a strong following. That $100 in free bets limited tim offer is nothing to shy away from either.
DraftKings Sportsbook overview
DraftKings became a quick success with its daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform, launched in 2012.
In 2018, however, DraftKings decided to take its talents to sports wagering, as a variety of states have legalized it in the wake of the US Supreme Court. When this happened, DraftKings responded with a mobile Sportsbook that was not only innovative but completely functional.
Of course, Sportsbook is still only available in New Jersey, but it is the early leader for NJ sports betting.
Additionally, though, the original DraftKings DFS entity continues to excel alongside the newcomer, Sportsbook.
DraftKings Sportsbook mobile app
You can download the DraftKings Sportsbook app for both Apple (iPhone and iPad) and Android devices
Signing up for Sportsbook on the desired mobile device will start the prompts which will lead to the successful download of the Sportsbook app. This is an easy process, which only takes a few minutes. After following the directions for navigating players through the download, the platform will function as if using any other app.
The browser option for Sportsbook does not require any download, and you can use it both on phones and computers.
Signing up at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings is good about simplifying things for their players. That is why it is possible for players to sign up for both DraftKingsSportsbook through either app or a browser.
The information that is required for signing up is typical and non-invasive. There is no bank information required to sign up. Although, for Sportsbook, a location check is required to deposit money and place bets — you must be physically located in NJ at the time.
It is also possible to link your DFS and Sportsbook accounts; just follow the instructions when you sign up at the latter, if you already play DFS at DraftKings.
DraftKings Sportsbook promos and odds boosts – February 2019
Odds Boosts: Enjoy a gift from the DraftKings Sportsbook this Valentine’s Day with a special odds boosts, including this weekend’s NBA All-Star Game and the Daytona 500.
- Trae Young & Dennis Smith Jr. both score over 14.5 points (was paying +120, now paying +145).
- Russell Westbrook & Anthony Davis both score over 24.5 points (was paying +275, now paying +330).
- Kevin Durant & Stephen Curry both score over 19.5 points in the NBA All-Star Game (was paying -125, now paying -106).
- Alexander Ovechkin & John Taveres both score a goal (was paying +410, now paying +495).
- Kevin Harvick & Martin Truex both finish top three in the Daytona 500 (was paying +1,775, now paying +2,130)
Trip for 2 to the Bahamas: DraftKings is giving away a trip for two to the Bahamas! One lucky NJ sports betting customer can win it! Here’s how to earn entries:
- Customers can earn a maximum of five entries per day during the promotion period.
- Earn entries into the sweepstakes for every $100 you wager at the DraftKings Sportsbook during the promotional period (through Feb. 17, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time).
- For example, Wagering $25 on blackjack and $175 on sports equals two entries.
- Prize drawing will take place by noon Eastern Standard Time on Feb. 18.
- Grand Prize is a $5,000 travel voucher (alternate prize of $5,000 DraftKings dollars may be offered as a substitute).
- Two additional random winners will receive $500 DraftKing dollars each.
DraftKings Casino Games
What many may not realize about the DraftKings Sportsbook app is that there is a mini DraftKings casino now. The iGaming rollout started in mid-December with blackjack, with additional offerings added in early 2019.
Available casino games, include:
- Blackjack ($1-$5,000)
- Cleopatra slots ($0.01-$600)
- Wheel of Fortune on Tour slots ($0.50-$500)
- Double Double Bonus Poker ($0.10-$200)
- Player’s Suite Roulette (($0.10-$5,000)
There is no need to download a new app or fund a separate wallet as everything, for now, is built into the DraftKings Sportsbook app. To play, click on the “More Games” tab located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, scroll down and select the casino game of choice.
Betting on DraftKings
DraftKings has certainly done their due diligence when it comes to preparing their digitalized platform to mimic traditional sports betting.
There are many traditional ways to bet is typical sports betting and DraftKings wants to make the experience as authentic as possible. Therefore, the platform has made it possible for players to bet in the following ways:
- Moneyline: Betting a moneyline is for everyone. The simplicity of this bet makes it appropriate for everyone from beginners to people who are sports betting pros. A moneyline bet is based on who is going to win. The odds of this bet are determined by the favorite team or player and the underdog.
- Futures: Futures are not overly used in DraftKings, because they take a long time to end. However, there are a few Futures that pop up on the platform every once and a while. A futures bet is a bet of who will win the season of a sport before that season has even started. The most obvious American example is predicting the winner of the Super Bowl before football season starts.
- Spreads: Spreads or point spreads, work off a “+” or a “-” handicap. This “handicap” or “line” is predetermined based on team performance. For instance, a game with a ‘line’ of 4.5 means the favored team must win by five points or more. The underdog would have to win or lose by four points or less. To win the bet, the player’s chosen team must ‘cover’ the Spread, in accordance with the line.
- Over-Under: Over-under bets are easy to keep track of and are fun to try. For newer players who wish to delve deeper than a straightforward moneyline bet, this is the way to go. An Over-Under bet is self-explanatory. The bet is based on whether the final score will be over or under a predetermined number. It is customary for the bet to be placed on the final score.
- Parlays: A parlay combines two or more bet, which only pays off if all the stipulations are met. This means that even if one of the original bets works, the rest must pan out appropriately to win. Of course, this is more of a risk, but it is also a better payoff than any one of the original bets.
- In-Play Betting: Also known as betting, these bets are placed after the game starts, during the heat of the game. They are usually on the spot bets that can be long-term (end of the game) or short-term (next play). The best part about these wagers is the freedom, creativity and opportunistic nature of the bets. These types of bets can be started and concluded in rapid succession, multiple times throughout the game. It is fast-paced and easy to enjoy.
- Cashing out of existing bets: Don’t want to wait for a bet to be resolved? DraftKings will sometimes offer a “cash out” option that pays out a part of the winning result, based on a game (and bet’s) current status. This lets the bettor mitigate risk, if he or she wants to end the bet early.
Sports on DraftKings Sportsbook
Here is the complete list of sports available to bet on throughout the platform:
- Rugby Union
What’s good and bad at DraftKings Sportsbook?
The DraftKings platform has won the hearts of fantasy sports fans across the globe. Although, there was still speculation of how they intended to pull off the first Sportsbook mobile app. Fortunately for the company and sports fans, there are many areas in which DraftKings has excelled. Here are three of the most comprehensive platform achievements:
Speed of the Platform
Betting is a speedster’s sport. Wagers should be placed quick, as part of the thrill is the anticipation of the outcome. DraftKings understands this on a multifaceted level.
Therefore, the company was sure to keep pace with every aspect of their platform. Transactions happen quickly and loading times are efficient. Even the geolocation is specialized so that it confirms the location of the player quickly. DraftKings understands the need for speed in mobile sports betting. Therefore, the platform has excelled in its execution of it.
Informing the bettor
Information sharing is not usually a good thing when it comes to wagers. Yet, DraftKings has found a way to make it positive, as the platform works tirelessly to help players understand their platform.
Regardless of whether the player is new to DraftKings or completely new to sports betting, the platform has them covered. The here are many examples, descriptions, and videos helping players understand how to place bets and navigate the platform.
VIP Loyalty Program
Extras are not a forte of the DraftKings platform, it would seem. After all, the loyalty program is also lacking the vigor needed to entice visitors.
Instead of making the loyal players feel like VIPs, accumulating points is more like work. Garnering rewards are difficult and do not amount to much. It takes a lot of money and time to claim any type of reward.
While this is a loyalty program, which implies multiple transactions, the loyal relationship cannot be one-sided.
Luckily, DraftKings does do a good job offering different bettor-friendly promotions throughout every week, so keep an eye on those.
Depositing money through DraftKings Sportsbook
Depositing money through DraftKings is simple and safe. Yet, it is a limited list. DraftKings’ explanation is that they want to ensure the safety of their players. Once they can guarantee a certain level of safety for new methods, they will be added. Here are the current options:
- Credit/debit card
- Bank transfer
- Play+ Prepaid
You can also move money from a linked DFS account to Sportsbook, once you have played through the money at the DraftKings fantasy platform first. (That means you have to have entered contests with the money and won it back in order to transfer it to your Sportsbook account.
Withdrawing money through DraftKings Sportsbook
Here are your options for withdrawals:
- Bank transfer
- Play+ Prepaid
- Cash at cage (Resorts Casino)
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
How old does someone have to be to play DraftKings?
Bettors must be at least 21 years old.
Do you have to be in NJ to bet at DraftKings?
Sportsbook can only be accessed and wagered on when people are within the parameters of New Jersey.
Where does DraftKings’ gambling license come from?
Resorts Casino is DraftKings’ sports betting partner in NJ.
- DraftKings Sportsbook promo code – February 2019
- Editor’s review
- DraftKings Sportsbook overview
- DraftKings Sportsbook mobile app
- Signing up at DraftKings Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook promos and odds boosts – February 2019
- DraftKings Casino Games
- Betting on DraftKings
- Sports on DraftKings Sportsbook
- What’s good and bad at DraftKings Sportsbook?
- Depositing money through DraftKings Sportsbook
- Withdrawing money through DraftKings Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ