More about PlayNJ
PlayNJ is a private organization with a simple focus: to promote and support the legal market for online casino gaming and online poker in New Jersey.
You can learn more about that market, which launched in November of 2013, here.
Our goals include:
- Educating consumers on the benefits of play at legal, regulated online casinos versus play at offshore, unlicensed sites.
- Providing an informational resource for consumers and media interested in learning more about regulated online gambling in New Jersey.
- Countering inaccurate portrayals of NJ’s regulated online gambling industry in the mainstream media and on social media.
We are an independently owned and operated commercial organization and not directly affiliated with any one New Jersey casino.
Steve Ruddock – Steve is a recognized expert on the regulated online gambling market in the U.S., with credits at numerous top trade and consumer publications. Ruddock is one of the most highly-cited authors on the subject American legal online poker.
Robert DellaFave – Robert’s data-driven approach to the legal iGaming industry has been cited by financial institutions and policymakers. Robert is a frequent guest on conference panels on issues ranging from player-operator dynamics to broader ecosystem management.
Ian John – A longtime poker player, Ian primarily focuses on the international regulated online casino and sports betting industries. He also writes about esports betting and casino gaming products in the legal NJ online casino market.
Barbara Nathan – New Jersey-based Barbara has written for numerous publications about both the land-based and online casino gambling industries in the Garden State. Barbara brings a unique perspective to the market and is especially focussed on finding the best values for players.
Our funding comes via advertising relationships with NJ’s regulated online operators. In some cases, when you visit a regulated online casino or poker site via the links available on PlayNJ.com, we may receive financial compensation from the casino or poker site. We may also sell advertising space to various partners.
Our policy regarding advertisers is simple:
- Advertisers have no say over the content on PlayNJ.com.
- Advertisers cannot “buy” a better review or rating on PlayNJ.com. Our reviewers and editors are completely independent of the ad sales side.
- Our goal, first and foremost, is to provide credible, objective information about the regulated online casino options in New Jersey. We believe that this goal naturally produces the best situation for casino consumers and operators, and therefore for us as a business.
- Any paid advertisements on PlayNJ will be clearly marked as such or appear in a format (such as banner ads) that are widely understood to be advertisements.
As Seen In