BetRivers NJ Sportsbook Promo Code & Review
New Jersey sports bettors looking for an online sportsbook with an impressive welcome bonus and promotions need look no further than BetRivers Sportsbook. Try out BetRivers Sportsbook with a second chance bet welcome bonus for up to $500. Just be sure to enter the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV.
This page will explain everything you need to create a new account with BetRivers, how the sportsbook’s deposit bonus works, the sports you can bet on and types of wagers you can place, and the many ways you can fund your account.
Sit back, take a few minutes to get to know BetRivers, and then you’ll be ready to open an account and get to betting on your favorite sports and teams.
BetRivers Sportsbook $500 second chance welcome bonus
Head to the BetRivers Sportsbook via one of our links and enter the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV to get your second chance free bet bonus for up to $500. Here are the particulars:
- The bonus is available only for new users.
- You must enter the BetRivers NJ affiliate code PLAYRIV when registering.
- You then must enter the BetRiver NJ deposit code SPORTS when making your initial deposit.
- You then get a 100% refund on if your opening bet ends up losing.
- The max refund is $500 and it comes as a BetRivers NJ free bet.
BETRIVERS SPORTSBOOK AFFILIATE CODE 2022
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook NJ|
|BetRivers NJ Affiliate code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign-Up Bonus||Second chance free bet up to $500|
|Online since||August 13, 2018|
|Last updated||December 2022|
BetRivers Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
Beyond its welcome bonus, BetRivers Sportsbook has additional promotions available, many of which are tied to specific days of the week.
- Mondays: On Mondays during basketball season, BetRivers users can receive one 20% profit boost on any basketball wager of their choosing. The only stipulation is that the odds of the wager must be -200 or greater. The max wager is $25, and the max additional winnings are capped at $250. Be sure to select the profit boost in your bet slip before placing your bet to claim the boost.
- Tuesdays: Tuesdays are for the NHL at BetRivers. Just like the basketball offer, you can receive a 20% profit boost. All the same conditions apply to this offer as are present for the Monday basketball bonus.
- Thursdays: Thursdays at BetRivers give you even more freedom, because you can use this 20% booster for any live bet. Again, odds must be -200 or greater, $25 max bet and $250 maximum extra winnings.
- Saturdays and Sundays: And on the weekend you’ll receive a 20% boost that you can use for wagers on the English Premier League. All the rules from the previous boosts still apply.
- Parlay perks: BetRivers Sportsbook also offers a weekly parlay bonus. For this offer, you will get a $10 free bet credit for every week in which you place a minimum of five $10+ parlays with three legs or more. Just make sure each of your parlays has final odds of +100 or greater to qualify.
These are far from the only promos that BetRivers has to offer. The bonuses change throughout the year, so keep an eye on the promos page, and check your email for announcements about new offers.
Is BetRivers legal in New Jersey?
Yes. BetRivers is partnered with Golden Nugget Atlantic City and received its sports wagering license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement in 2018 before going live in August of that year. When legally betting in New Jersey, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- You need to be at least 21 years old to bet on sports in the state.
- You need to be within state lines at the time you submit any bets. That is why you must have geolocation services both installed and activated on the device that you are using to bet. You won’t be able to place wagers from outside the state.
How to create a BetRivers account in New Jersey
To create a BetRivers Sportsbook account, start by opening the app and clicking “Join now.” You also can join via the website. Whichever you choose, you’ll need to enter the following personal information:
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You also need to select and answer two security questions. If you have a Rush Rewards account or Casion4Fun account, you can click the appropriate boxes to link them to your new BetRivers account.
BetRivers Sportsbook app
BetRivers is a dual online sportsbook and casino, but the app does a good job of keeping the two products separate, so if you are interested only in the sportsbook, you probably will barely notice the casino exists.
How to download the BetRivers app
The app is available for Apple and Android. To download it, click on the correct link for your device on the BetRivers website and follow the process from there. It should take just a minute or two to get it installed, and once you do, you can start betting right away.
Navigating the app
When you open the app, you’ll be greeted by a clean, bright and easy-to-read layout. The majority of the main page is filled with live games that you can bet on at that exact moment. Below that are the most popular upcoming games. There also is a search bar at the very top of the screen to help you find a specific sport or game.
Whenever you need to make changes to your BetRivers account, click on “My Account” in the upper right corner. From there, you can see everything from how many loyalty points you have to how many you need to reach the next level and how many are expiring at the end of the day. You also can check on ongoing promotions, update your account or profile and access the bonus store.
To get to the promotions page, click on the “Promotions” header at the top of the app. Once the page opens, all the ongoing BetRivers promos will be displayed. Each one should have a “Read more” tab that you can click to peruse the exact details.
How to bet at BetRivers
If you’re new to online sportsbooks, here’s a quick guide for how to place bets.
- When you find a bet you like, merely tap that wager to add it to your betting slip.
- If you want to create a multi-bet of some form, simply add more wagers.
- Next, select either single, parlay or round robin depending on what type of wager you want to place.
- All that remains is adding your wager amount or the amount you want to win and then hitting “Place bet.
As you can see, betting at BetRivers Sportsbook is quite simple, though we advise always going back through your slip to make sure you clicked on all the correct bets and your wager amount is correct.
Overall, the BetRivers online sportsbook is a good product. It’s not flashy in any way, but it doesn’t need to be. And while it’s not the fastest sportsbook app in New Jersey, it still easily is in the top half when it comes to speed.
Best features of the BetRivers Sportsbook app
Here are three of our favorite aspects of betting on the BetRivers Sportsbook app:
- Rewards program: When you join BetRivers, you become a part of the iRush Rewards loyalty program. That means you’ll earn points for every bet you make. The more points you earn, the higher ranking you’ll achieve and the more rewards and benefits you’ll get.
- Betting markets: When it comes to betting markets, BetRivers has everything you could ask for. From tons of sports to bet on, to a plethora of futures markets and myriad wagers available for most contests.
- Daily promos: We also are huge fans of the various daily promotions. It’s fun to get into a rhythm and know the events you want to bet on each day because of the regular profit boosts.
How could BetRivers Sportsbook improve?
You can’t have the good without the bad, so here’s a quick look at a few of the areas where BetRivers could stand to do better:
- Newsfeed: If you plan on using only the BetRivers app and not the website, consider yourself lucky. That’s because the website has a constantly scrolling newsfeed along the right side of the homepage. The feed just displays bets and wins from BetRivers users. Not only do we think that people don’t care, but the constant scrolling gets old real quick.
- Add SGPs: It would be spectacular if BetRivers would add single-game parlays for some of the top sports leagues. SGPs keep growing in popularity, and with good reason: They’re a great way to bet on sports.
- 24/7 help desk: The fact is, the BetRivers help desk is available from 9 a.m.-2 a.m., so it has you covered the majority of the time. But that doesn’t change the fact that if you need immediate help from 2 a.m.-9 a.m., it’s going to be disappointing to not be able to get it. This clearly is not a deal breaker, but it would be a welcome change.
Types of bets available on BetRivers NJ sportsbook
Here is our look at all the different varieties of bet you can place on the BetRivers website or its NJ sports betting app.
- The most common available bets are moneylines, point spreads and over/unders. Moneylines are for which team is going to win a game, while point spread betting factors in an estimated margin of victory. As for over/unders, the focus is just on the combined score of a game, regardless of which team wins.
- Prop bets are side bets that also typically disregard the overall score. They can be on individual or team accomplishments or on whether specific game states will happen.
- For multi-bets, there are parlays, where you combine two or more bets into one, and to win, each of your picks needs to be correct. Adding more selections increases your potential winnings, while at the same time making it more difficult to win. Next are teasers, which again are for a minimum of two picks, but these are just for spread bets for one sport, and you’re able to move the line in your favor for all of your picks. Round robins, meanwhile, combine three or more bets in such a way that you can miss one of your selections and still win a portion of your wager. Depending on the number of selections and the type of round robin you create, they can be somewhat pricey.
- Futures betting allows you to wager on long-term outcomes, as opposed to merely focusing on upcoming games.
- And live betting lets you wager on games that are already in progress. You’ll never need to sweat getting bets placed before contests get started. When you click on live games at BetRivers, you’ll see all the available bets as well as scores, game info and even live streams for select games.
Sports you can bet on at BetRivers in New Jersey
BetRivers currently takes bets on 18 college and professional sports. To start with, you can wager on all the major sports leagues such as the National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball and both NCAA football and NCAA basketball.
You’ll also find markets for the UFC, PGA Tour, ATP and WTA tennis, NASCAR and boxing, along with a plethora of options for soccer fans: Major League Soccer in the US and the Champions League, English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and the World Cup abroad, just to name a few. And finally you can check out more niche offerings like cycling, cricket and rugby, among others.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
While you can bet on any teams you choose at BetRivers, if you’re looking to bet on a local squad, you have options in New Jersey as well as nearby New York City and Philadelphia.
- New Jersey: The sole team with “New Jersey” in its name is the New Jersey Devils of the NHL. After a dominant stretch around the turn of the century that saw the Devils win three Stanley Cup titles and lose in Game 7 of another, New Jersey has only reached the playoffs once since the 2012-13 season. Additionally, the NFL’s New York Giants and New York Jets play their home games in East Rutherford. As far as college teams, note that in-state schools are not an option, as you are not allowed to bet on them in New Jersey.
- New York City: There are the New York Yankees and New York Mets in MLB, the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks in the NBA and the New York Islanders and New York Rangers of the NHL. You also have the New York Liberty in the WNBA and both the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC for MLS. On the college front you can place bets on schools like Columbia, St. John’s, Fordham and St. Francis.
- Philadelphia: We have the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles, MLB’s Philadelphia Phillies, the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers, the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the Philadelphia Union of MLS. For college teams, there are La Salle, Temple, Saint Joseph’s and Penn.
New Jersey futures betting
BetRivers Sportsbook New Jersey has impressive futures offerings for the majority of the top college and pro sports leagues in the US and abroad. To find the futures markets at BetRivers, all you need to do is click on the sport you’re interested in; near the top of the page, you’ll see a header for “Futures.”
In the NBA, for example, you’ll see that you can place wagers on the eventual NBA champion, conference and division winners and on players to win various individual awards.
You will find similar offerings for most top leagues, and depending on what is going on, you also could see special offerings. For example, during the NFL season BetRivers could have futures odds on whether a team will go winless or undefeated up until the point when neither option remains.
How to deposit and cash out on the BetRivers app
Have a look at all your options for cashing out and depositing at BetRivers Sportsbook, and make sure there are choices that make sense for you. The last thing you want to do is have a big win and then not have a convenient way to withdraw your money. Here are your options for depositing:
- Debit or credit card (Discover, Mastercard, Visa)
- Online bank transfers
- ACH (e-check)
- BetRivers Play+ debit card
And for withdrawing money from your account, you can choose from the following:
- ACH (e-check)
- BetRivers Play+ debit card
- Check in the mail
BetRivers Sportsbook users can even go to Monmouth Park in Oceanport to make a deposit or withdrawal at the casino cage. However, be aware that BetRivers does not have a retail sportsbook there or anywhere else in New Jersey. If you choose this option, we encourage calling before heading down to be sure you have all the proper forms of ID and required account information to complete your request.
How to contact BetRivers customer support
BetRivers users have multiple options to get answers to their queries. They can check the frequently asked questions page to try to find a solution on their own. They can live chat with a BetRivers rep using the app or website. Users also can email the support desk. And finally, they can call 855-752-9101. The BetRivers customer support department is open daily from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Responsible gambling at BetRivers
In an effort to promote responsible gambling, BetRivers New Jersey has information on its website to help players know where they can turn for help with gambling addiction.
Also, BetRivers lets users set up safety measures to prevent problems from occurring. That means you can control how much time or money you are able to spend and/or deposit at BetRivers. If this is important to you, make sure to set your limits.
Where is the BetRivers retail sportsbook?
While BetRivers does not have a retail sportsbook in New Jersey, you can go to Monmouth Park and make deposits and withdrawals from the casino cage there. You’ll need to have a proper photo ID and know your password and security question answers.
- Address: 175 Oceanport Avenue, Oceanport, NJ
- Phone: 732-222-5100
- Website: www.monmouthpark.com
Is BetRivers the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
No, while BetRivers Sportsbook does a lot of things really well, it still is not currently in the class of FanDuel or DraftKings in New Jersey. The biggest thing that sets both DraftKings and FanDuel apart from BetRivers, and most other online sportsbooks in the state, is the quality and number of promotions they offer.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try BetRivers, because there are a lot of reasons that you should. If you decide to have accounts at multiple sportsbooks, you can benefit from the offers each one has. And on top of that, it allows you to always make sure you’re getting the best odds for whatever bets you’re placing.
BetRivers Sportsbook FAQ
The BetRivers New Jersey affiliate code is PLAYRIV. By entering PLAYRIV when you sign up with BetRivers NJ, you are eligible for the $500 second chance bet welcome bonus.
Because BetRivers has been licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. What that means to you is that your money and personal data are much, much safer than they would be at an offshore site. On top of that, you can contact the NJDGE (609-984-0909 or [email protected]) if you encounter any problem with BetRivers, and it will look into it. The same cannot be said when it comes to offshore sites.
Not only do all sports bettors need to be somewhere in New Jersey to place bets, but they also have to be at least 21 year old. BetRivers confirms your identity and age when you create your account, and it requires you to use geolocation technology when placing bets to confirm your location. If you’re outside of New Jersey, you’ll be out of luck when you try to place a bet on the BetRivers app.
No, you cannot bet on Princeton or any other New Jersey-based college team at BetRivers or any licensed NJ sportsbook. State gambling law also prohibits betting on any college competition that takes place in New Jersey.
Both BetRivers and FanDuel are quality sports betting apps in New Jersey. Both are relatively fast and offer lines on all major US and international sports. FanDuel has a slight leg up on BetRivers when it comes to insurance promotions, while BetRivers offers more profit boosts. You’ll be in good hands no matter which one you choose.
BetRivers is currently licensed and operation in these states, AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV.