BetMGM Sportsbook NJ And Bonus Code for $1,500
BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey has two welcome bonuses and you can pick which one you want. Sign up with BetMGM New Jersey using BetMGM NJ bonus code PLAYNJSB and you’ll get a bonus bets refund up to $1,500 if you opening bet loses. Your other option is to sign up using the BetMGM New Jersey bonus code GETNJSB and you’ll get $200 in bonus bets after placing your first bet of at least $10.
This review includes everything you should know about BetMGM in NJ. New users will learn how to claim the $1,500 sign-up bonus; and we also go over all the sports and types of bets you can and can’t make on the BetMGM app, the different ways you can deposit and cash out at BetMGM, and much, much more.
How does the BetMGM New Jersey bonus work in September 2023?
New users who use the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYNJSB when signing up for a New Jersey BetMGM account will receive a sign-up bonus worth up to $1,500 in bonus bets. If your first bet loses, you’ll be refunded in bonus bets for up to $1,500.
New users who sign up using the BetMGM NJ bonus code GETNJSB will receive a Bet $10, Get $200 in bonus bets offer. You’ll get four $50 bonus bets after placing a single wager of $10 or more.
BetMGM New Jersey bonus code and welcome offer in September 2023
|New Jersey BetMGM Promo Code||PLAYNJSB||GETNJSB|
|Sign-up Bonus||Bonus bets refund up to $1,500 if first bet loses||Bet $10, Get $200 in bonus bets|
|Online Since||August 2018|
|Last Updated||September 29, 2023||September 29, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see BetMGM Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How to maximize the BetMGM NJ welcome bonus in 2023
Here are some key points about this particular BetMGM offer.
- After you use the BetMGM New Jersey bonus code to claim the offer, you must make at least a $10 deposit into your account.
- Only your first bet is eligible for the promotion. If that bet loses, you will receive a refund of bonus bets for up to $1,500.
- If your first bet is for $49 or less, you will receive one bonus bet. If your wager is for $50 or more, you will receive five bonus bets that add up to that amount. So, if you placed a $25 bet and lost, you would receive one $25 bonus bet. If you placed a $600 bet and lost, you would receive five $120 bonus bets.
- You must use bonus bets within seven days or else they expire. And the value of bonus bets is not included in any winnings.
Overall, this is a solid offer from MGM Sportsbook in NJ, and don’t be scared off by the terms and conditions associated with it; they are standard in the industry and actually less restrictive than you’ll find at some other sportsbooks.
BetMGM New Jersey monthly preview, Sept. 3-Oct. 3
BetMGM New Jersey is kicking off the start of the NFL season in style by offering a ton of betting markets for the first few weeks of the NFL season. However, football isn’t the only sport happening right now and BetMGM has got the rest of these sports available as well.
- NFL Season Starts: The NFL regular season is finally kicking off. The first game of the season will be a battle between Kansas City and Detroit as two of the most exciting young teams in the league battle it out under the bright lights. The battle between pass catchers Amon-Ra St. Brown and Travis Kelce is one to keep an eye on.
BetMGM has got a lot of player prop bet options for both Kelce and St. Brown, as well as the other pass catchers that will be on the field on Thursday, September 7th. Keep checking the BetMGM platform for more NFL betting markets throughout the first month of the season.
- MLB Last Month: This is the last month of the regular season for the MLB. The regular season is coming to a close and sports bettors are feeling down because of it. The MLB has been a top sport for gamblers all summer with its high volume of games. Now that it’s winding down, there are some sad feelings coming out.
However, the end of the MLB regular season does mean that the playoffs are just around the corner. The MLB playoffs will have a lot more exciting baseball action. BetMGM will let you bet on all of the playoff games and series in the MLB section of its menu.
- US Open Tennis: The US Open tennis tournament is currently taking place. Novak Djokovic had a scary game recently as he fell down two sets to none to Laslo Djere. The entire tennis world held its breath and tuned in as Djokovic faced his first real challenge of the tournament. Despite the large deficit, Djokovic turned on the jets and managed to successfully advance to the next round.
Bettors with Djokovic futures tickets must have been holding their breath when Djokovic went down two sets. His comeback saved the day for those people. You will be able to follow Djokovic’s next game on the BetMGM platform.
- FIBA World Cup: The USA has just suffered a tough defeat at the FIBA World Cup. Despite the USA being heavy favorites for this tournament, they lost to Lithuania. This does not mean that the USA is eliminated but the team is showing signs of weakness that are concerning for their championship aspirations.
If you want to bet on the USA, their odds have shifted slightly after their recent loss. You can find full betting odds for the USA or any other countries participating in this World Cup at BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey.
BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
The BetMGM online sportsbook in New Jersey continues to offer promotions beyond its welcome offer. Here are some of the promos you can expect to see.
- Parlay plus: Once again, simply opt in, and you’ll be rewarded with extra winnings for all of your four- to seven-leg parlays. Here’s the breakdown of extra winnings, which the sportsbook pays out as bonus bets.
- Four legs: 15% profit boost.
- Five legs: 20% profit boost.
- Six legs: 30% profit boost.
- Seven legs: 40% profit boost.
- Refund promos: You also will see various forms of parlay insurance available on the BetMGM Sportsbook app. Most of the time, you just need to opt in, and then if you miss only one leg of a parlay of four-plus legs, you get your money back up to $25 in bonus bets. Just pay attention because sometimes the insurance promos are for a specific sport.
As you can tell, the BetMGM promotions vary in type and scale, which is great because that means there is something for a variety of betting styles. We also recommend checking the app daily because BetMGM sometimes sends out random bonus bets, but they are only good for 24 hours, so if you don’t check, you could end up missing out.
Is BetMGM Sportsbook legal in New Jersey?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is legal in New Jersey. MGM launched the online sportsbook in August 2018 and is licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
To legally bet on sports in NJ, you must be at least 21 years old and located in the state when you submit your bets. To adhere to the location portion of the law, you will need to have geolocation technology installed and activate on your device when you want to place bets. If the system is unable to verify your location in New Jersey, you will not be able to bet.
A final note, while betting on college sports is legal, betting on New Jersey-based universities and colleges is prohibited, so no betting on Princeton, Rutgers or other in-state schools. You also cannot bet on any other NCAA games that take place in NJ.
How to create a BetMGM account in New Jersey
If you’re concerned about the difficulty of signing up at the BetMGM online sportsbook, we assure you that the entire process is simple and takes only a few minutes. On top of that, you can create an account using a mobile device or your computer. Just visit the BetMGM website and start by clicking “Register.” After that, you will need to enter your:
- First and last name
- Cellphone number
- Home address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Also, be sure to enter the BetMGM online sportsbook bonus code PLAYNJSB when signing up with BetMGM on the third registration page to claim your $1,500 welcome bonus. The only other things you need to do are come up with a secure password and click a few boxes confirming you are at least 21 and that all the information you entered is correct.
When all that is done, you’ll be able to make your first deposit and start betting.
Download the BetMGM Sportsbook NJ app
The BetMGM app is available for Apple and Android and makes betting on sports easy. Before we go into all the ins and outs of the app, though, let’s make sure you know how to get it.
Use this link to visit the BetMGM site and download the app. Once on-site, follow the prompts to download the app and install it on your mobile device. It only takes a matter of seconds before you can start betting on sports with your phone or tablet.
Navigating the BetMGM app
As soon as you have the MGM sportsbook app installed, you can open it and start familiarizing yourself with everything it has to offer. One of the best parts is that whether you’re using an Apple or Android product, the experience is nearly identical; even the differences between smartphone and tablet are extremely minimal.
Use the bar at the top of the screen to navigate the games available. This bar includes listings for various sports and leagues and even includes a search function. You also can scroll down to find live events to bet on and the most popular upcoming games, as well.
Along the bottom of the screen are buttons to help you move around in the app easily. The home button obviously takes you back to the home screen, A-Z menu shows you all the sports you can bet on at BetMGM in New Jersey, bet slip and my bets are similar ways to see what bets you have made or are getting ready to make, and promotions display all the current bonuses available.
You’ll find everything associated with your account by clicking your account button, which is located in the top right corner. From there you can access the BetMGM cashier and make deposits and withdrawals, contact the help desk, change your odds preferences or log out of your BetMGM account.
How to make bets
We know the most important part of the BetMGM sports betting app is being able to bet on sports, so here’s a rundown of how exactly to do that.
- When you find the bet you want to place, merely click on it, and that wager will be added to your betting slip. As you add more bets, the slip at the bottom will display a small number showing how many bets are in it.
- To place a bet, click on “bet slip” and you’ll see that you have options for making straight, parlay or round robin wagers. Click on the bet you want to make and then add a dollar amount in the “stake” field. Below that will be the odds for your wager followed by the potential payout, which includes your wager. If you’re happy with everything, click “place bet.”
- Depending on how long it takes to make your bet, the odds could change. If this happens, a note will appear saying the odds have changed and the new odds and potential payout will be updated to reflect the shift.
Just be careful to always make sure you know exactly what you’re wagering on because once you place your bet there is no going back.
On the whole, the MGM New Jersey betting app is one of the best in the business, our one critique is that it can be a little slow at times. But keep in mind that when we say slow, we simply mean that instead of pages loading instantly, they sometimes can take a few seconds to come up. It’s most noticeable when checking promotions. And while not a major problem in the least, it is something you should be aware of.
Best features of the BetMGM NJ sports betting app
Here are some of our favorite benefits you’ll experience as a user of BetMGM Sportsbook, one of the fastest paying sportsbooks in NJ:
- M life Rewards: Just by signing up for BetMGM online sportsbook New Jersey, you become part of the M life Rewards program, which is tied to all MGM Resorts properties. That means the more you bet using the BetMGM app, the more you will be rewarded with MGM.
- Promotions: BetMGM offers tons of advantageous NJ sports betting promos for all major sports, which means you end up with more money in your pocket than you otherwise would. Promotions range from money-back offers to parlay insurance specials and simple bonus-bet giveaways, just to name a few.
- Easy parlay builder: The BetMGM app joins a growing list of sports betting apps to feature an easy parlay builder. When you access the parlay builder, you can view different sports by either their spread, total or moneyline odds and simply click to create your parlays.
How could BetMGM Sportsbook improve?
BetMGM has a few areas that could do with some improvements going forward.
- Change bet settings: It’s disappointing that the default setting for the BetMGM bet slip is for $50 and does not require you to authorize your bet. We believe the betting slip should have either a zero or $1 in the wager field, and the default should require you to click twice to make a bet. You can change these in your account settings, but we would like them as the default.
- Faster app: The MGM online app is not slow, but it’s also not nearly as fast as PointsBet, DraftKings or FanDuel NJ. We admit being spoiled by expecting windows and pages to open immediately, so a few seconds can feel like an eternity sometimes. We just want to see the BetMGM app have little to no lag time in the future.
- One-click opt-in for promos: Currently it is a little bit of a hassle to opt into promotions. It requires going to the promo page and then drilling down into individual promotions before finally being able to opt-in. It would be great if you could opt-in from the homepage and if that’s not possible, then at least being able to opt into all the offers from the promotions page would be a major improvement.
Types of bets available on MGM Sportsbook in NJ
Here are the types of wagers you can place using MGM online sports betting app, along with short descriptions as to how they all function.
- The most basic type of sports bet is the moneyline bet where all you have to do is pick which team is going to win. As for what the numbers next to the teams indicate, it’s fairly easy to understand. If the New Jersey Devils are +250, that means a $100 wager on them, if correct, would net you $250. While if they were listed at -250, you would need to bet $250 to stand to win $100.
- Then we have spread bets, where you need to bet on how much a team is going to win by. If the Brooklyn Nets are listed as +11.5, that means they must win by 12 points or more.
- Next up are over/unders or totals, which means you are betting on the combined score of both teams in a single game.
- Prop bets are essentially side wagers, generally on a specific player or team accomplishments or occurrences in the game, but separate from the final score.
- Parlays are one of the most enticing sports bets because of the potential to win a lot of money on relatively small bets. Parlays involve two or more bets, and to win you need to get them all correct.
- Teaser bets combine multiple basketball and football spread bets, and you are able to move the line in your favor for all of your selections.
- With round robins, you make at least three picks and the app will combine them in a way that you don’t have to get every bet right to win something. However, if you do get all your picks right, you will win more money.
- The futures betting market allows you to bet on events that are more distant, like eventual division, conference and overall champions. You can also place futures bets on players to win awards and lead their leagues in various statistical categories.
- Live betting means you don’t have to agonize about getting your bets in before game time anymore. Now you can bet on games that have already begun. Using the BetMGM app, just click on the “Live” tab near the top left of the screen and you can see all the ongoing games that you can bet on. If you see a bet that you like, make sure you place it as soon as possible, because odds can change quickly.
Sports you can bet on at BetMGM in New Jersey
You can bet on all the top US and international sports as well as college sports at BetMGM. The sportsbook has markets for the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, WNBA, MLS, UFC, NASCAR, tennis, golf and of course for NCAA basketball and football.
Globally you can wager on the EPL, La Liga, Champions League, World Cup and many other soccer leagues. You also can bet on EuroLeague basketball, KHL hockey and more. The sportsbook app and website has a complete list of every sport you can wager on.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
Betting on sports is great, but getting to bet on your local teams is even better. Not only are they the teams you’re most passionate about, but they also are likely the teams you know the best. With that in mind, here’s a look at all the New Jersey, New York City and Philadelphia teams you can bet on at BetMGM Sportsbook.
- In the NFL, both the New York Jets and New York Giants play their home games at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, while the Philadelphia Eagles might be even closer depending on where you live in NJ.
- The New Jersey Devils are our NHL team in both name and location, while the New York Islanders and New York Rangers are located just across the Hudson River and the Philadelphia Flyers are on the other side of the Delaware River.
- Obviously we don’t have any Major League Baseball teams to call our own, but we can pick between the Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets and New York Yankees.
- The NBA has the Brooklyn Nets, formerly the New Jersey Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and of course the New York Knicks.
- There are another two New York MLS franchises — the New York City FC and New York Red Bulls — and one in Philly, the Philadelphia Union.
- While in the WNBA there is just the New York Liberty nearby.
- As for college, keep in mind that there is no betting on NJ college teams. But you can still bet on New York teams like Columbia, St. John’s or Fordham or on Philadelphia schools such as Drexel, Penn, Saint Joseph’s or Temple.
Betting on futures in New Jersey
BetMGM has a wealth of futures markets available for all the top sports leagues, and the app makes find and betting on those markets super easy.
When you click on the NBA link, for example, on the left side you’ll see a box labeled “Top competitions.” As you scan down, there are tabs for conference, division, awards and player specials. The only slightly confusing thing is that to wager on the eventually NBA championship, you need to select “Futures” from the right side of the screen.
Not surprisingly, you will see similar offerings for NFL, MLB and NHL futures, along with college basketball and football. You also can place futures wagers on most of the bigger international sports leagues.
How to deposit and cash out on the BetMGM app in NJ
The BetMGM NJ betting app accepts multiple options for deposits and withdrawals. First up, let’s see your choices for making a deposit:
- Credit or debit card (Mastercard
- Discover, Visa)
- Online bank transfer
- ACH (e-check)
- BetMGM Play+ card
- Bank wire transfer
And when it comes time to make a withdrawal, you have the following options:
- Online bank transfer
- ACH (e-check)
- PayPal (must have previously deposited with PayPal)
- BetMGM Play+ card
There also is a final option for both withdrawing and depositing money, and that is by going to Borgata Casino Atlantic City. Borgata is home to the BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar.
How to contact BetMGM customer support
In order to talk to a BetMGM customer service representative, you have to go through a few steps.
Start by clicking on your account, support and then FAQ. Now you must select what exactly it is you’re looking for help with. If after answering all the questions you still require assistance, simply click that you desire more help.
You’ll then have the option for a live chat, call or email to get help with your problem. Truth be told, BetMGM doesn’t have the best customer service options around, but it’s far from the worst, either, and should be more than sufficient.
Responsible gambling at BetMGM
To ensure a responsible gambling environment, BetMGM Sportsbook not only provides phone numbers, links and information to help determine if you have a gambling issue, but also to seek help if you need it.
Furthermore, you can set your own limits for the amount of money you can lose, deposit and even for how much time you spend on the BetMGM app and website. There’s also the option of banning yourself from using BetMGM entirely for a period of between three and 180 days.
Where is the MGM sportsbook in NJ?
The BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar is located at Borgata Casino Atlantic City in what was formerly known as the Moneyline Bar & Book.
The 8,000-square-foot sportsbook has a 40-foot-wide LED video wall along with 17 other TVs for watching all manner of sports. The retail sportsbook has enough seating for 144 people and boasts six betting windows and a full-service food and beverage menu.
- Address: 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-317-8006
- Website: www.theborgata.com/nightlife/bars/betmgm-sportsbook-and-bar/overview
- Amenities: Full food and drink menu, high-top tables, U-shaped booths and a VIP section
- Betting: Six betting windows.
- Hours: Monday-Friday starting at 11 a.m.
Saturday-Sunday starting at 9 a.m.
Closing time is based on the sports going on at that time.
- Opened: June 14, 2018
Is BetMGM the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
While it’s challenging picking an overall top online sportsbook in the Garden State, we can safely say that BetMGM is one of the top three betting sites in NJ, along with DraftKings and Fanduel.
Not only does BetMGM have the backing of a top-notch gaming company like MGM Resorts, but the BetMGM app makes betting on sports easy. To cap things off, BetMGM offers users plenty of ways to deposit and cash out and runs quality promotions throughout the year. There’s really not much more you could want from a New Jersey sportsbook.
BetMGM Sportsbook FAQ
PLAYNJSB. Enter PLAYNJSB while signing up with BetMGM New Jersey and get a $1,500 welcome bonus. You’ll get a bonus bet refund up to $1,500 if your first cash bet loses at BetMGM Sportsbook New Jersey.
BetMGM New Jersey has a second welcome bonus that you can opt for. It’s got a higher overall value, but also requires much less risk to claim. Use the BetMGM NJ bonus code GETNJSB, and you’ll receive $200 in bonus bets after placing one cash bet of $10 or more.
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is regulated and licensed in New Jersey. BetMGM received its sports betting license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. If you have any concerns about BetMGM, you can contact the NJDGE by calling 609-984-0909 or emailing [email protected].
To legally bet on sports in the Garden State, you have to be 21 or older. You also must be physically in New Jersey when you submit a bet. The BetMGM app and website require geolocation to be active when you place a bet; if it cannot establish that you are in New Jersey, you will not be able to bet.
Yes, but with one very big caveat. You can’t wager on New Jersey-based college sports teams or on any college games being held in the state. So no wagering on games involving Princeton, Rutgers or Seton Hall, for example.
No, you can sign up for BetMGM Sportsbook entirely online. Just be ready to supply your name, email, phone number, home address, birthdate and the final four digits of your Social Security number when you sign up for BetMGM.
To some extent you can use BetMGM outside of NJ. You can bet using the app in any states where BetMGM has been legalized. Right now that means you can bet in Arizona, Colorado, Washington D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Nevada also has legalized BetMGM, but it has a separate app that is specific to Nevada. In states where BetMGM is not legal, you still can manage your account; you just cannot make any bets.