Golden Nugget Atlantic City is on the former Trump Marina property in the Marina District.
Golden Nugget gives the impression of being an upscale boutique resort. But it is smaller than most Atlantic City casinos. While its size may not seem competitive, Golden Nugget makes the most of its space. It spreads several video poker games not found anywhere else in Atlantic City and offers the typical selection of casino table games found in the market.
Golden Nugget AC casino
Atlantic City’s Golden Nugget has a diverse casino floor. The center area is reserved for table games. There is also a baccarat pit, a mid-limit blackjack section, and a high-limit salon.
Table games at Golden Nugget
There are 78 table games spread across 15 different variants at Golden Nugget. The minimums and selection include:
- Single Deck Blackjack: $25 to $1,000 (1 table)
- Six-Deck Blackjack: $50 to $3,000 (9 tables)
- Eight-Deck Blackjack: $10 to $500 (22 tables)
- Baccarat: $25 to $10,000 (18 tables)
- Craps 5x Odds: $5 to $2,000 (4 tables)
- Craps 10x Odds: $25 to $2,000 (2 tables)
- Four Card Poker: $10 to $500 (1 table)
- Let It Ride: $10 to $500 (2 tables)
- Mississippi Stud: $10 to $50 (2 tables)
- Pai Gow Poker: $25 to $3,000 (2 tables)
- Roulette 00: $10 to $1,000 (7 tables)
- Roulette 0: $200 to $2,000 (1 table)
- Spanish 21: $15 to $500 (3 tables)
- Three Card Poker: $10 to $500 (3 tables)
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em: $10 to $500 (1 table)
There are five craps tables on the main floor. Four have five times odds and a $5 or $10 minimum. The other table has a $25 minimum and offers 10 times odds. There is a $50 to $100 table with 10 times odds in high-limit. All Golden Nugget craps tables pay double on the field when a 12 is rolled.
The Double Zero Roulette tables on the casino floor offer la partage. This is when an even-money wager receives half the wager back when the ball lands on zero or double zero. This covers red/black, odd/even and high/low bets. The single-zero table in high-limit does not offer la partage.
Other games at Golden Nugget AC
There are four different blackjack games at Golden Nugget Atlantic City. Spanish 21 is the only blackjack variant spread. The eight-deck game starts at $10. Those who want to give at least $50 in action per hand can play the six-deck game. Both permit double down before and after splitting. The six-deck blackjack game stands on all 17s. The eight-deck game hits on soft 17.
Players report that Golden Nugget will permit surrender at its high-limit games upon request. We were unable to find a pit boss willing to do this during our trip.
The Rush Lounge offers a single-deck blackjack game. It pays 6-5 on a natural. It is the worst blackjack game at Golden Nugget Atlantic City.
Golden Nugget offers all the typical video poker games found in Atlantic City. The best is 9/7/5 Double Bonus Poker. It is spread in quarter, $1, $2 and $5 denominations. VPFree2 notes a single machine with full-pay Jacks or Better. We were unable to locate it and slot attendants were not aware of it.
Other video poker games at Golden Nugget include 9/6 Double Double Bonus Poker, 8/6 Double Joker Wild and 15/9 Deuces Wild. All are found on $1, $2 and $5 machines in high-limit.
Golden Nugget is the only Atlantic City casino with 16x Multi-Strike machines. These devices include Double Down Stud and Big Split Poker. Golden Nugget is the only Atlantic City casino with quarter-play Gamemaker machines. Games include Let It Ride, Pick’em Poker, Gold Mine Poker and keno. There are also $1 machines with these games.
24 Karat Club rewards program
Golden Nugget Atlantic City uses the same 24 Karat players club used at its other properties.
New and inactive players qualify for a $100 free play that is earned based on the number of points accumulated by 6 p.m. on the day of first action. Players earn $10 from the first 50 points. The tiers get wider with the final payout being $50 for 1,000 points earned in a day.
Online gambling at Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget hosts its own self-branded sites plus several other brands. However, it does not feature any NJ poker sites. Nevertheless, the sites rake in $14-$15 million a month as of 2019, making Golden Nugget the top online casino licensee in the state. All sites listed below are regulated by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement:
|Brand||Online Casino||Online Sportsbook||Online Poker|
|Golden Nugget||Golden Nugget online casino||Golden Nugget sportsbook||NA|
|Betfair (Flutter Entertainment)||Betfair Casino||NA||NA|
|SugarHouse||PlaySugarHouse Casino||NA (Monmouth Park hosts the SugarHouse sportsbook)||NA|
|BetAmerica||BetAmerica NJ online casino||BetAmerica Sportsbook||NA|
Golden Nugget Atlantic City hotel
There are 728 hotel rooms at Golden Nugget Atlantic City. They are split between five standard room trims and three suite options.
The least expensive rooms are the Luxury King and Luxury Queen. These rooms start at $89 per night during the week and $249 on weekends. For an additional $20, guests may upgrade to a Luxury Double Bedroom or Bay View King or Queen. For $40 more, guests may receive a Double Bay View.
The Junior Suite starts at a $189 per night upgrade from the base room, depending on the night. A Marina Suite is $150 more, while a One Bedroom Suite is $350 more. The upgrade rates vary based on demand.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City entertainment
Golden Nugget hosts the Grand Ballroom. This is home to concerts and shows that are held mostly during the summer tourist season.
The Deck Bayfront Bar is on the marina. It is open during summer. There are three indoor lounges at Golden Nugget Atlantic City. Bar 46 is a standard casino bar with 30 video poker machines. Rush Lounge is home to nightly musical performances.
The Haven Nightclub specializes in hip-hop music. It is open on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Guests who spend at least $25 at a Golden Nugget restaurant on Thursdays can show their receipt and get complimentary admission for two.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City restaurants
Golden Nugget is owned by Landry’s, a national restaurant chain. This gives it access to many luxury dining brands. It hosts several at its Atlantic City resort.
- Vic & Anthony’s: Vic & Anthony’s is a classic high-end steakhouse. A variety of steaks, seafood, lamb, pork and salads are on the menu. The restaurant is open for dinner nightly, except Sunday.
- Chart House: Chart House specializes in seafood. Guests will find a variety of fresh fish nightly on the menu. There is an extensive appetizer, salad steak menu, too. Chart House is open for dinner nightly, except on Mondays.
- Grotto Italian Ristorante: Grotto is a pizza-and-pasta option. It is open nightly for dinner and for lunch on Saturdays and Sunday at noon. The lunch menu is limited to soup, salad, pizza, and sandwiches.
- Lillie’s Asian Cuisine: Lillie’s is a favorite for those looking for an Asian dining option. Options include apps, soup, salad, sushi, sashimi, noodles, and traditional wok entrees. It opens on weeknights at 4 p.m., except Tuesdays when it is closed. Lillie’s is open at 2 p.m. Fridays and noon Saturday and Sunday.
- Bill’s Bar & Burger: Just off the casino floor, Bill’s Bar & Burger sells burgers, chicken and shakes. It has an extensive beer menu.
- Buffet: The buffet is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast is $15.99. Lunch is $18.99. Dinner is $23.99. A special Friday seafood buffet is $32.99 for lunch and dinner.
- Michael Patrick’s Brasserie: This is a European-style brasserie. It has a full breakfast menu, as well as a wide variety of lunch and dinner options. It is open 24 hours Friday and Saturday and 9 a.m. to midnight Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Bean & Bread: Bean & Bread is a 24-hour coffee shop. In addition to coffee, guests will find bagels, salads, fresh fruit, and desserts.