Borgata Online Poker New Jersey Promotions for $1,075
The Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa, owned by MGM Resorts International, is home to the largest poker room in Atlantic City. With the dawn of legalized online poker in the Garden State, Borgata became one of the first to receive an online poker operator’s license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Moreover, Borgata, in partnership with GVC Holdings, opted to combine their player pool with partypoker NJ and BetMGM. In part due to Borgata’s reputation as a premier live poker stop (for example, the World Poker Tour), BorgataOnline.com remains a solid contender for online poker players.
Read on for more information on the poker games on offer, details on the mobile app, banking options and everything else you need to know about Borgata online poker including the $1,075 welcome bonus, just use Borgata bonus code PLAYNJ to claim it.
Borgata Poker New Jersey welcome bonus: Two bonuses worth $1,075
You can get up to $1,075 in welcome bonuses at Borgata, all you have to do is use the Borgata Poker NJ bonus code PLAYNJ when you join. Below we’ve broken down how each part of the bonus works.
Borgata Poker Deposit Bonus – Get up to $1,000
Are you ready to make a deposit? Make sure to take advantage of the 100% matched deposit bonus of up to $1,000.
The way the bonus funds are released might be a little different from what you are used to. The funds are released in 10% increments based on the size of your deposit. So if you deposited the full $1,000 you would get $100 at a time. You must reach the 14x playthrough rate to get the bonus cash released. This might sound like a lot, but fortunately, you get 120 days to get your deposit match bonus funds released.
Up to $75 in tournament tickets
The second part of the Borgata Poker NJ welcome bonus is connected to your opening deposit too. Here is how you know how many free tickets you will receive:
- To get the max you need to deposit $1,000 or more. Doing so will get you $75 worth of tickets. Broken down as such:
- Two $20s, three $10s and one $5
- If you deposit between $500 and $999 you’ll receive $50 worth of tickets. Here’s the breakdown for this one:
- One $20, two $10 and two $5s
- Lastly, if you deposit $499 or less you’ll get $25 worth of tickets. You’ll receive:
- One $20 and one $5
The Borgata Poker NJ free tournament tickets expire 14 days after you get them.
Borgata Poker New Jersey bonus code 2022
|Online Poker Room||Borgata Poker NJ|
|Total Borgata Poker NJ Bonus||$1,075|
|Borgata Poker NJ Deposit Match Bonus||100% for up to $1,000|
|Borgata Poker NJ Sign-Up Bonus No. 2||Up to $75 in tournament tickets|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
Borgata iRewards program
The iRewards loyalty program at Borgata Poker is quite worthwhile. It is a tiered program, which means the more you play, the better and the higher the rewards.
Earn iRewards points (iRP) simply by playing in real money Borgata poker games. Ring games award 2 points for each $1 in rake contributed. Whereas Borgata Poker tournaments award points based upon the entry fee at a rate of 2 points for every $1 in entry fees paid.
|iRewards Tier||Points Needed||iRPs for $5 Express Comps||iRPS for $25 Cashback||iRPS for $25 Casino Bonus|
|Red Plus||150 per month||88||2500||2000|
|Silver||650 per month||75||1560||1400|
|Black||2500 per month||72||1250||1000|
|Black Elite||15,000 per quarter||6||937||400|
Redeem your iReward points
Be sure to check out the rewards store by logging into Borgata Poker. Then, from the homepage, click the “Rewards” tab. From there, click on the “iRewards Store.”
Redeem your iRewards Points (iRP) for a variety of items from the store, cash (rakeback) or even online bonuses. Store items include clothes, electronics and even accessories.
In addition, use your iRPs for tournament dollars and entries or “express comps” that are redeemable for hotel rooms or dining at MGM properties.
Certain items, like cash, bonuses or tournament dollars, are available immediately in your player account. Other items like, “express comps,” take about one business day to show up in your M life (MGM rewards) account. Finally, physical items, e.g., clothing, take around two weeks.
Borgata Poker NJ download
The Borgata Poker client is available on a desktop computer through a software download or on Android and Apple mobile platforms.
Borgata Poker on desktop
From the Poker.BorgataOnline.com homepage, click on “Download Now.” The download will automatically start, and you can choose the location to save the downloaded file.
The system requirements for the Borgata Poker client are as follows:
- Windows versions XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Minimum of 512 MB RAM
- Minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and a minimum of 256 colors
Borgata Poker mobile app for New Jersey
The Borgata Poker mobile app is perfect for playing while on the go.
Borgata Poker for Android
To download the Android version of Borgata, head over to the Borgata poker page and click on “Download Now.” Unfortunately, it does require a few extra steps:
- Make sure to enable downloads for the non-market apps. Head over to “Settings” on your Android device, then “Security” and check the box for “Unknown Sources.”
- Open notifications and download BorgataPoker.apk.
- Finally, re-enable the security setting once the Borgata mobile app fully installs on your mobile device.
Borgata Poker is completely safe and secure despite Android’s warning for non-market apps because it is a legalized online gambling operator.
Borgata Poker for Apple
On your Apple mobile device, head to Borgata and click on “Download Now” to get the iOS app. Follow the steps for download and create your player account.
Overall software review
Unfortunately, the software for both desktop and mobile seem marred with bugs.
On the desktop version, the client appears, at best, classic and, at worst, outdated. On the other hand, it is easy to navigate and filter game types. You also can easily change themes, avatars, and even the deck. Sadly, the desktop client is also known to crash and freeze during longer poker sessions.
Updates to the software do not frequently occur, meaning software bugs such as the freezing and lagging remain.
On the Apple store, the Borgata Poker iOS platform rates an abysmal 2.1 out of five stars. Android users also face the same problems. Issues run the gamut from sudden crashes to even marking you away during an active tournament. In addition, geolocation seems to be an issue for certain players, which is legally required.
It appears that updates to the mobile app are few and far between, which is not encouraging.
However, it is encouraging that partypoker (which also uses the same technology as Borgata Poker) is currently taking steps to improve its software. Historically speaking, Borgata and BetMGM do receive updates; however, just at a slower pace than partypoker.
Sign up at Borgata NJ online poker
After the download and installation process completes either on desktop or mobile, sign up for a new player account by providing the following:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Mobile number
Then, you must create your user ID and password and pick two security questions. Finally, you must verify that you are 21 years or older, provided accurate information, and read the terms of service.
You need to be within the state of New Jersey to wager for real money at Borgata Poker legally.
Borgata online poker games
Borgata Poker truly does offer a wide variety of poker games, like different formats and even the lesser-known variants, plus stakes. Unfortunately, player traffic and the actual player pool seem to be the issue as certain games rarely run.
Thanks to a shared player pool of partypoker NJ and BetMGM, multi-table tournaments (MTT) boast a healthy schedule.
Borgata Poker NJ multi-table tournaments
Not only are the regular weekly multi-table tournaments (MTT) worth playing, there are times when Borgata online poker runs special tournament series or promotions.
Actually, when some of these special tournaments run, they not only seem to hit their larger guarantees, but the player pool sometimes exceeds that of other New Jersey online poker competitors.
Listed below, here are some of the weekly MTT highlights at BorgataOnline.com:
- Daily $10,000 Guarantee featuring 2x re-entry with $109 buy-in Mondays through Sundays at 7 p.m. EST.
- $3,000 Guarantee featuring a Turbo 2x re-entry with $55 buy-in Mondays through Sundays at 7:30 p.m. EST.
- $3,000 Guarantee featuring a turbo 1x re-entry with $215 buy-in Mondays through Sundays at 9:30 p.m. EST.
- Mega Tuesday $12,000 Guarantee 6-max no-limit hold’em with 3x re-entry with $535 buy-in Tuesdays at 8 p.m. EST.
- Mega Thursday $7,500 Guarantee 3x re-entry with $320 buy-in at 8 p.m. EST on Thursdays.
- Sunday Starter $3,000 Guarantee 2x re-entry with $55 buy-in at 4 p.m. EST on Sundays.
- Sunday $35,000 Guarantee features a 3x re-entry with $215 buy-in at 5 p.m. EST on Sundays. This tournament is considered Borgata Poker’s flagship Sunday tournament.
Other poker games at BorgataOnline.com NJ include sit and gos (SNG), cash games and fast-forward. Unfortunately, these games often struggle to fill and run. In fact, we have not seen many of these games during peak traffic hours in the evening. We suggest sticking with PokerStars or WSOP in NJ for these other poker variants.
BorgataOnline.com NJ SNGs
While Borgata offers two varieties of SNGs: no-limit hold’em and Omaha, and the range of buy-ins start from $1 to $500. In addition, you can choose from standard or turbo formats and heads-up or 6-max. Despite all the options, SNG traffic remains quite low. Especially during off-peak hours, at times, you may not even find one SNG running.
This poker game variant essentially moves you to a new table as soon as your specific hand is folded. The idea is that you do not need to wait for your opponents to finish out the hand. In this manner, you do not need to wait for slower players to finish the hand; you can play the next hand much faster.
While fast-forward is a great idea in theory, unfortunately, we have never observed any fast-forward poker games running.
Cash games at BorgataOnline.com
Borgata Poker NJ offers several poker variants for cash games: hold’em (either limit or no limit), Omaha and even stud. Borgata Poker’s stakes range from $0.01/$0.02 to $25/50.
In our observation, we have never seen stud games running either off- or high-peak hours. Omaha games are a little more popular with the player pool. As such, you should typically see one table that is active in the micro-stakes.
Particularly for hold’em, the available stakes offered are from $0.01/$0.02 to $25/50. Limit hold’em cash games appear scarce to none running usually. Thus, you are left with only no-limit hold ’em. These games typically run up to the $1/$2 stakes only. As far as higher stakes and action goes, it is nonexistent unless you find someone willing to play heads-up.
Banking at BorgataPoker.com
A definite plus to playing at Borgata Poker is the variety of online banking options available. The online poker operator even accepts American Express.
However, using a credit card to deposit to an online poker room is typically not the best option because some card merchants usually block gambling transactions.
Deposit into Borgata Poker account
NJ poker players can choose from one of the many methods to deposit money at Borgata Poker:
- ACH E-check: This is the preferred deposit option. You only need your driver’s license number, bank routing and account numbers.
- Borgata Play+ Prepaid Card: Achieve instant deposits using the Play+ card. You enroll and fund the prepaid card through your credit or debit card or bank transfer. However, there may be additional fees from your issuing merchant.
- PayPal: This e-wallet is also one of our most preferred deposit and withdrawal options.
- Bill Pay: You can use your online banking account with bill pay to fund your poker account.
- PayNearMe: Use cash to fund your online account via a “PayCode” and visit a local 7-Eleven store.
- Skrill: Another great e-wallet option. Do note that it charges transaction fees upon deposit into the Skrill account.
- Borgata Cashier Cage: Simply visit the Borgata Casino in Atlantic City to make a deposit. A government-issued ID, plus your online account info, is required.
- Visa/Mastercard: Using your credit card to deposit onto Borgata Poker is an option. Unfortunately, individual banks do not allow online gambling transactions.
- American Express: You can use your Amex card to deposit. However, be aware that certain types of cards, like corporate, prepaid, small business and bank co-branded Amex cards, are not accepted. Also, American Express may assess additional fees pursuant to the cardholder agreement.
Withdraw from your Borgata Poker account
Most withdrawal requests need around 48 hours for approval. Yet, some withdrawals require additional approval, which could take up to five business days.
Also, Borgata Poker reserves the right to process your withdrawal request back to the original payment method(s) used.
Finally, you can cancel the withdrawal request at any time before approval and simply have the funds available in your account again.
You can also choose to withdraw from your poker account through a variety of methods:
- Borgata cashier cage
- Check by mail
Borgata Poker NJ customer service
Currently, there are several methods to connect with BorgataOnline.com customer service.
- Live Chat: Visit the website and launch the chat client.
- Phone: On the website in the “Contact Us” page, you can select a customer service representative to give you a call.
- Email: [email protected]
Customer service woes
Customer service issues have plagued Borgata Poker since launch.
Here is the list of problems we encountered:
- Live Chat: The live chat option, while convenient, appears to be inconsistent in both quality and responsiveness. For example, customer service agents often connected and disconnected before we got a chance to speak with them. Additionally, customer support at live chat seems to be limited in problems they can solve, like deposits or disconnection issues. Often, you are asked to email your problem or request.
- Responsiveness: After emailing your request, you may or may not get a response at all. This only proves to be frustrating, especially if you have money that needs to be withdrawn or owed to you. Even on social media, it can be very hit-or-miss and slow as to whether you receive a response.
- Inconsistency: The responses regarding typical issues are inconsistent. You may get a completely different response from one representative versus another.
Overall review of Borgata NJ Poker
Although Borgata seems marred with issues online, there is a nice variety of multi-table tournaments.
Mainly, the reason we recommend playing at Borgata Poker is due to its partnership with the well-known Borgata Casino and is legalized by the state of New Jersey. Playing on a legalized online poker operator’s room gives you peace of mind as far as the security of your funds and personal information.