Tropicana Atlantic City which is owned by Caesars Entertainment (Eldorado Resorts prior to the 2020 merger with Caesars), is a massive hotel, casino, and entertainment complex. The Trop is located on the Downbeach section of the Boardwalk. The property now uses the Caesars Rewards card for its VIP program.
Tropicana opened on Nov. 23, 1981, with just 521 guest rooms. It now consists of five hotel towers with 2,400 rooms and suites, more than 125,000 square feet of gambling space, and an Old Havana-themed shopping and entertainment complex better known as The Quarter.
Tropicana AC Casino
The casino floor offers over 2,300 slot machines, 102 table games, and an 18-table poker room throughout its 125,935 square feet of gaming space. Guests can participate in the gaming action at one of the slot machines or live table games including blackjack, craps, roulette, baccarat, as well as an array of carnival poker games.
Tropicana Atlantic City Table Games
- Eight Deck Blackjack: $10 to $500 (26 tables)
- Six Deck Blackjack: $25 to $1,000 (4 tables)
- Six Deck Blackjack: $100 to $6,000 (8 tables, High Limit)
- Single Zero Roulette: $50 to $5,000 (1 table)
- Double Zero Roulette: $10 to $2,000 (14 tables)
- Three Card Poker: $5 to $1,000 (7 tables)
- Four Card Poker: $5 to $200 (2 tables)
- Caribbean Stud Poker: $5 to $500 (1 table)
- Texas Hold’em Bonus: $5 to $500 (2 tables)
- Let It Ride: $5 to $500 (2 tables)
- Criss Cross Poker: $5 to $500 (1 table)
- Hi Card Flush: $5 to $500 (1 table)
- Double Attack Blackjack: $10 to $500 (1 table)
- Spanish 21:$10 to $500 (4 tables)
- Craps (5x odds): $10 to $2,000 (7 tables)
- Mini Baccarat: $25 to $10,000 (15 tables)
- Pai Gow Poker: $25 to $3,000 (2 tables)
- Pai Gow Tiles: $25 to $3,000 (2 tables)
- Big Six Wheel: $2 to $50 (2 tables)
On the Eight-deck Blackjack games, the dealer hits a soft 17 and on six-deck games, the dealer stands on all 17s.
Tropicana has a Multi-link progressive jackpot where Caribbean Stud, Texas Hold’em, Let-it-Ride, and Four Card Poker tables are connected to include a Minor, Major, and Mega Jackpot.
Tropicana’s Poker Room includes 18 tables with 1/2 and 2/4 games. The poker room also offers a Bad Beat Jackpot.
Caesars Rewards at Tropicana
The award-winning Caesars Rewards is the official loyalty program of Tropicana Atlantic City. Members can build rewards while playing, dining, shopping, and doing what they love at any Caesars Entertainment property.
Laurel VIP Lounge
Renovated in late 2018, the 5,600 square foot lounge includes a contemporary, comfortable and relaxed setting and showcases an extensive selection of wine, beer, and spirits upon entering the private club. Guests can enjoy a delicious array of food from the freshly designed expanded buffet with over 40 feet of delicious food offerings and a 15-person bar.
Open to all Diamond, Diamond Plus, Diamond Elite, and Seven Stars members. Charge of 1,000 Reward Credits per hour for Diamond Members. Hours vary. Visit Tropicana.net for more information.
Caesars Sportsbook + Pulse Arena
The Caesars Sportsbook at the Tropicana (originally William Hill) is part of the North Tower casino floor. Space includes 180 seats, a large video wall, and a 250-square-foot odds board.
Pulse Arena, also located on the North Tower casino floor, is billed as “an immersive, multi-sensory, gaming environment that combines electronic games, live dealer games, and interconnected play. It’s the first of its kind in the Garden State.
The interactive video wall has 27 total play stations offering blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. Players have the option of betting on one game or all three.
Online Gambling at Tropicana
TropicanaCasino.com offers an extensive selection of online slot games. From branded games like Secrets of the Phoenix, Cleopatra, and DaVinci Diamonds slots to the revolutionary Jalapeño Racer slot, the premium Tropicana Casino Online experience is on full display.
In addition to the massive slot machines gallery, Tropicana Casino Online is also proud to present its take on online blackjack, including single deck blackjack and multi-hand blackjack; online roulette, and many other Trop favorites.
Tropicana also is the land-based partner to other online brands:
|Brand||Online Casino||Online Sportsbook||Online Poker|
|Tropicana||Tropicana online casino||NA||NA|
|Virgin||Virgin online casino||NA||NA|
Tropicana Atlantic City Hotel
Tropicana Atlantic City boasts 2,400 luxurious rooms and suites in five hotel towers – Havana, North, South, West, and Chelsea.
Rooms offer modern new furnishings, woven wall coverings, new carpeting, and spa-inspired bathrooms with stunning ocean-to-bay views. Guest rooms feature The Quarter’s Havana-inspired décor and lively feel. Guests staying in the Havana Tower will find themselves just steps away from exquisite dining, world-class shopping, and the hottest entertainment and nightlife offerings located in The Quarter. Room types include king, two queens, and one-bedroom suite.
Guests are steps away from the casino, outdoor pool, famous Boardwalk, Tropicana Showroom, and the business center. A thorough renovation to North Tower hotel rooms completed in spring of 2015 added luxurious touches designed to pamper including glass-enclosed showers and 42” flat-screen TVs. Room types include king, two queens, and king suite.
Guest rooms offer ocean views, flat-screen TVs, and double vanities. All guest rooms and suites in the South Tower were revamped and renovated in 2018. Guests staying in the South Tower are steps away from the casino, Boardwalk, The Marketplace, and the resort’s indoor pool. Room types include king, 2 queens, mini-suite, and Boardwalk suite.
Located in the heart of the casino, the West Tower’s budget-friendly guest rooms offer ocean and city views. Guests in the West Tower have quick access to the casino, The Quarter, and the transportation center.
The oceanfront Chelsea Tower offers guests hotel rooms featuring sweeping ocean and bay views, stylish décor with retro charm, and an adjoining low-rise hotel structure. Newly enhanced non-gaming amenities include the Oasis Pool, Sea Spa, Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck, Whiskey Five Bar, Chelsea Five Gastropub, and Gilchrist Restaurant. A new enclosed pedestrian walkway, the Skybridge, connects The Chelsea Tower guests to Tropicana Atlantic City’s food and beverage offerings, spa, and meeting space. Room types include king, two queens, penthouses, and presidential suite.
Entertainment at Tropicana AC
Tropicana is a key spot for entertainment and nightlife, offering Atlantic City nightclubs, theatres and so much more. The casino plays host to big-name entertainment, weekly firework shows, comedy, and the only IMAX movie theatre in Atlantic City.
The Tropicana Showroom has a capacity of nearly 2,000 people making it one of the largest showrooms and only Broadway-style-theater in Atlantic City. Audiences have enjoyed headlining entertainment, revue shows, sporting events, and Broadway productions such as Rent, Cats, and Grease.
Tropicana Atlantic City Nightlife
Tropicana offers 20 bars and nightclubs, including Boogie Nights, Anthem, Planet Rose Karaoke Bar, Tango’s Lounge, 10 North, and more.
Tropicana Atlantic City Dining
Tropicana has you covered with restaurants varying from fine dining to quick bites.
- Chelsea Five Gastropub: Offering guests an eclectic dining experience paired with panoramic ocean views. Menu highlights include yellowfin tuna tacos and white cheddar truffle fries for starters, and entrees such as buttermilk fried chicken, cauliflower steak, and maple whiskey Salmon. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hours vary
- Golden Dynasty: This authentic Asian restaurant offers traditional Mandarin cuisine, Cantonese specialties, and exotic delicacies.
- Il Verdi: This Northern Italian restaurant features an award-winning wine list and Italian favorites such as rigatoni bolognese, gnocchi con ricotta alla vodka, and tiramisu for dessert.
- Carmine’s: A New York City institution, Carmine’s (located in The Quarter) originated the family-style Italian restaurant concept. This is the establishment’s first-ever venture outside of the Big Apple. Open for lunch and dinner. Hours vary.
- Cuba Libre: Authentic Cuban dining with a massive wood-fired Latin grill and rum selection. The menu uniquely combines contemporary Cuban cuisine and traditional dishes, always flavorful and savory, but not generally spicy. Open for dinner.
- The Palm Restaurant: The Palm at The Quarter is the legendary restaurant’s first foray into New Jersey. Renowned as much for its A-list celebrity regulars and caricature adorned walls, as it is for prime steaks, enormous lobsters, and traditional Italian dishes. Open for dinner.
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro: Offering authentic Chinese food & Asian cuisine. The menu features favorites like Chang’s lettuce wraps, Mongolian beef, dynamite shrimp, and Chang’s spicy chicken. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Hooters: Serving “nearly world-famous” chicken wings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. A great place to watch sports, Hooters has a large selection of beers on draft at its full liquor bar. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
- Casa Taco & Tequila Bar: Serving up to 100 different tequilas, combined with Mexican-American classics including tacos, fajitas, and table-side prepared guacamole. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House and Sports Bar: Full-service restaurant and sports bar offers an extensive menu starring succulent crab, signature mussels, and its world-famous Crabfries with an ocean view. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Broadway Burger Bar: A modern burger bar with gourmet combinations and outrageous milkshakes. Open for lunch and dinner. Hours vary.
- Gilchrist Restaurant: An Atlantic City staple since 1946, this breakfast spot serves its signature blueberry pancakes and simple comfort food at The Chelsea Tower. Open for breakfast and lunch daily.
- Fiesta Buffet: This buffet features all-you-can-eat crab legs, prime rib, carving & grill stations, international cuisine, sumptuous desserts, and more. The newly renovated beachside buffet features expanded seating as well as station-style dining.
- Seaside Cafe: Contemporary cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner favorites in a comfortable atmosphere.
Casual and quick bites
- Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck
- A Dam Good Deli
- Boardwalk Favorites Ice Cream
- Going Nuts
- La Petite Creperie
- Marketplace Express Cafe
- Perry’s Pizza
- The Green Bar
- Tony Luke’s
- Zeytinia, a gourmet grocery store
Tropicana Atlantic City shopping
The Quarter, a massive 200,000-square-foot dining and entertainment complex, and The Marketplace at Tropicana Atlantic City combined feature more than 25 shops. From sophisticated to fun and hand-crafted items to designer labels, guests will find an array of shopping options. Shops include White House Black Market, Swarovski, Francesca’s, and more.
Tropicana Atlantic City Health, Spa & Fitness
Tropicana has two spas, four indoor and outdoor pools, and a fitness center onsite.