Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook – NJ Sign-up Bonus & Review
Fans of Hard Rock Cafe and Hard Rock Casino now have another means of doing business with the iconic brand, and that’s Hard Rock Sportsbook in New Jersey. When you sign up with Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook, you’ll have the chance to win up to $1,000 in bonus bets with a very interesting and unique welcome bonus. There is no Hard Rock NJ bonus code needed to claim this sign-up promo.
On this page, we cover exactly how to create a new account and claim those two welcome bonuses, along with the sports you can wager on, the bets you can place and your banking options on the app. First up, info on the bonuses.
Hard Rock Sportsbook welcome bonus
Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook in New Jersey has a special welcome bonus that could get you $1,000 in bonus bets. What makes it so unique is that you only need to make a $10 bet to have the chance at getting a $1,000 bonus bet. You don’t even need a Hard Rock Bet bonus code to be eligible.
Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook NJ promo code 2023
|Hard Rock Bet NJ Promo Code||None, click to claim $1,000 promo|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,000 bonus bet|
|Online Since||January 26, 2019|
|Last Updated||September 29, 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Hard Rock Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Hard Rock bet welcome bonus terms and conditions
Just like the welcome bonus you’ll find at all NJ online sportsbooks the one at Hard Rock Bet contains some terms and conditions you need to understand. With that in mind, here’s a look at how precisely the $1,000 Hard Rock welcome bonus functions.
For starters, you don’t need a Hard Rock Bet bonus code, just sign up with Hard Rock Bet New Jersey here and you’ll be all set. Then, place your first bet for $10 or more. Win that bet and the welcome bonus goes away. Lose that bet, and then you’ll spin the Hard Rock Bet Mystery Wheel.
The wheel contains seven bonus bet amount, whichever one it lands on is the bonus bet you’ll claim. The size of your opening bet determines the amount on the wheel and your odds of winning them. But don’t worry, as long as you bet at least $10, you’ll have a chance at the $1,000 bonus bet. Here’s a look at how the prize amount and your odds of winning them vary based on your wager.
- $10-$25 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $30; 0.10%, $25; 0.10%, $20; 14.70%, $15; 50.00%, $10; 30.00%, $5; 5.00%.
- $26-$50 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $100; 0.10%, $50; 0.10%, $30; 5.00%, $25; 89.60%, $10; 5.00%, $5; 0.10%.
- $51-$100 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $100; 1.00%, $75; 3.70%, $50; 90.00%, $20; 5.00%, $15; 0.10%, $10; 0.10%.
- $101-$200 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $500; 0.10%, $250; 0.10%, $200; 0.10%, $150; 0.10%, $100; 94.50%, $75; 5.00%.
- $201-$300 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $300; 0.10%, $275; 0.10%, $250; 5.00%, $200; 87.60%, $175; 7.00%, $100; 0.10%.
- $301-$400 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $400; 0.10%, $375; 1.00%, $350; 14.00%, $300; 75.00%, $250; 9.70%, $150; 0.10%.
- $401-$500 Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $500; 0.80%, $450; 3.00%, $425; 5.00%, $400; 90.00%, $350; 1.00%, $200; 0.10%.
- $501+ Bet: $1,000; 0.10%, $775; 2.00%, $600; 2.70%, $500; 90.00%, $400; 5.00%, $350; 0.10%, $200; 0.10%.
There are a few things we’d like to point out. Your odds of winning a certain bonus amount does not vary within each range. So, if you lose a $101 bet, you’ll have the same odds and bonus bet amounts on the wheel if you lost a $200 bet. Also, your chances of winning the $1,000 bonus bet do not change, no matter how much you risk. Lastly, pay special attention to the odds on the lower bonus bets. For example, if you lost a $501 bet, there’s a small chance you’ll only get a $200 bonus bet in return.
If you are interested in Hard Rock’s online casino, which you can access from the same app, you will find a few more promotions and bonus offers available there.
Is Hard Rock legal in New Jersey?
Definitely, Hard Rock Sportsbook is a legal online sportsbook in New Jersey, and you can trust that your money and private information are in good hands.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement is responsible for overseeing sports betting in the state, so if you have any issues or concerns with Hard Rock, you can contact the NJDGE at [email protected] or 609-984-0909. In addition, there are a few regulations to be conscious of before engaging in sports betting in NJ:
- First, to bet on sports, you must be 21 years old at a minimum.
- Second, you must be within state lines to actually make a bet at an online sportsbook. You’ll need geolocation technology on the device you use to bet to validate your location. If it cannot, you won’t be able to bet.
- Third, you’re not allowed to bet on college events that take place in New Jersey or on games involving a New Jersey-based college.
How to create a Hard Rock Bet account in New Jersey
Before you can start betting, you first have to register with Hard Rock Sportsbook. Not only is the process super quick and easy, but additionally you’ll have an account with Hard Rock’s online casino.
To sign up, simply open the Hard Rock app or use our link to get to the sportsbook site. Once at either location, click “Sign up” and enter the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
After supplying that info, you’ll need to choose and answer a security question. The final step is confirming you’re 21 or older, accepting the terms and conditions and stating that all the info you entered is correct. After that, the only thing left to do is make a deposit and you can start betting.
Hard Rock Sportsbook app
The Hard Rock app is a combination online sportsbook and casino, so you’ll notice that the app is officially named Hard Rock Casino & Sportsbook. It is available on Apple and Android devices, both smartphones and tablets.
How to download Hard Rock app in New Jersey
All you need to do is follow our link to the Hard Rock website, and you’ll see links to download the app to your device, either Android or iOS. The process shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes and can be even faster depending on your internet speed.
Navigating the app
It’s not super noticeable, but the simplest way to move around in the Hard Rock app is by clicking the menu bar, which is located in the top left corner of the app. After doing that, you’ll see the following headers:
- My account
On your account page, you can check your account balance. The rewards and shop page is where you can claim rewards (if they’re offered) and also where you can spend those rewards on bonus spins. If you earn enough rewards, which is easier to do playing online casino games, you can earn bonus cash.
While on the Hard Rock promotions page, you can take a quick look at what promotions are underway, while also being able to click on each one so you can more closely inspect the exact terms of each. Currently, Hard Rock Sportsbook does not have any promotions available.
How to bet on the app
Assuming you’re new to mobile sports betting, you may be worried about actually placing bets on your phone, computer or tablet, but don’t be. Betting on the Hard Rock app is uncomplicated and, frankly, much easier than doing so at a betting window at a retail sportsbook.
When you come across bets you’d like to place, simply tap them and they will turn from white to purple, indicating they’ve been added to your bet slip. We’re not sure if there’s a limit to how many bets you can have on your slip at one time, but the parlay limit is 15. When you are ready to place your bets, you’ll open the betting slip, check that you’ve chosen the right bets, add an amount and place your bet.
In general, the Hard Rock app works well on Android and iOS devices. We personally would prefer it to be a standalone sportsbook app, instead of a casino and sportsbook in one, but that’s more of a personal preference.
Best features of the Hard Rock Sportsbook app
Here’s a rundown of some of the best features you will find on the Hard Rock Casino & Sportsbook app.
- Rewards program: Hard Rock doesn’t make it easy to earn rewards at its sportsbook. It takes $10,000 in sports bets to earn a complimentary stay, but that’s still better than nothing, which is what you’ll find at a lot of online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
- Sports betting markets: You’ll be able to bet on the majority of the major professional and collegiate sports in the US and abroad, which is precisely what you want from a mobile sportsbook.
How could Hard Rock Sportsbook improve?
Currently, there are a few ways that Hard Rock could improve. Here are our thoughts on three things we’d like to see change.
- Solo sportsbook app: It’s great that you can play at Hard Rock’s online sportsbook and casino under just one account. However, it would be even better if you could have autonomous apps for each.
- More withdrawal choices: Presently, when you try to cash out your winnings, you can do so via a bank transfer or e-check, or by going to the casino cage in Atlantic City. Adding PayPal would be a huge improvement.
Types of bets available at Hard Rock sports betting
There are a lot of ways to bet on sports, and most of them are available on Hard Rock’s app.
- Moneylines: Your aim is to bet on the winning side. When a team is listed with a positive number, +350 for example, that indicates it is the underdog, and a $100 wager would win you the listed number in return, so $350 in this case. Favorites have a negative figure, -275 for instance, which represents how much you would need to wager for a chance at $100 in return.
- Point spreads: To win your spread bet, your wager needs to take into account an estimated margin of victory. Favored teams need to win by more than the spread, and underdogs must lose by less than the spread or win the game outright.
- Over/unders: For over/unders you are wagering on the combined total score in a game, by both teams. It doesn’t matter who wins or how many points each individual team scores; all that matters is the combined sum.
- Props: While prop betting is growing in size and popularity, Hard Rock actually does not offer a ton of props currently. Props are essentially side bets during competitions, such as which team will reach 20 points first in an NBA game, which team will record the first basket or even whether the game total will be odd or even.
- Parlays: A combination of two or more bets as one; you will lose your entire bet unless all of your individuals wagers are right. The max parlay size at Hard Rock is 15 legs.
- Teasers: You combine multiple spread bets and can set the line in your favor for all the games.
- Round robins: Another multi-bet, though with this one you can still win some money even if you miss one of your picks.
- Futures: While all the previous bet types focus on individual games, futures are for season-long wagers. Now, rather than simply bet on the next game, you can wager on which team will win the Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, NBA Finals or World Series.
- Live betting: Live betting refers to any bets that you make on games that have already started. The Hard Rock app and website have some great live betting features, where you can see tons of stats along with animations of what is going on at that exact minute. This type of betting can be pretty intense because you’ll see lines swing wildly when something major happens in a game.
Sports you can bet on at Hard Rock in New Jersey
Hard Rock has markets for all the major sports. You can wager on NCAA football and NCAA basketball, and for professional sports leagues, the sportsbook has markets for the National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League and Major League Baseball.
Hard Rock also has the PGA Tour, NASCAR, UFC, MLS, boxing and tennis. If international soccer betting is your jam, Hard Rock has markets for the most popular leagues around the world, including the UEFA’s Champions League and Europa League, the English Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.
New Jersey sports team betting guide
Now let’s take a minute to go over all the teams in New Jersey and just over the border that you can wager on at Hard Rock, because there are a lot.
- The state of course has just one team with “New Jersey” in its name: the New Jersey Devils in the NHL, winners of the Stanley Cup in 1995, 2000 and 2003. In addition, both the New York Jets and New York Giants play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Note that you’re not allowed to bet on in-state college teams in New Jersey.
- There are quite a few pro and college squads that play just on the other side of the Hudson River in New York City: the New York Yankees and New York Mets (MLB), New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets (NBA), New York Rangers and New York Islanders (NHL) and New York Red Bulls and New York City FC (MLS). As for college teams, you can wager on St. Francis, Columbia, Wager, St. John’s, Manhattan, Long Island and Fordham.
- There also are all the Philadelphia teams. Depending on where you live in New Jersey, they actually might be closer than the New York teams. You have the Philadelphia Eagles (NFL), Philadelphia 76ers (NBA), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), Philadelphia Phillies (MLB) and Philadelphia Union (MLS). When it comes to college teams, there are five NCAA Division I schools in Philly. The two with football and basketball teams are Penn and Temple, while La Salle, Drexel and St. Joseph’s all just have basketball teams.
New Jersey futures betting
Thanks to the futures offerings at Hard Rock, you can bet on both team and player futures for most major sports leagues. You can place bets on teams to win the championship in the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB. On top of that, Hard Rock has futures betting odds for the Champions League, Europa League, World Cup and England’s FA Cup in soccer.
As for player futures, the most common markets that you’ll find at Hard Rock are for MVP and rookie of the year award winners.
To find all the available futures odds, just click on a sport on the Hard Rock app or website; near the top of the screen you should see a tab labeled “Futures.” When you select that, the available futures markets will pop up.
How to deposit and cash out on the Hard Rock app
The Hard Rock Sportsbook has a number of options for players to make deposits and a couple of ways to cash out their winnings. Here is a look at both, starting with your options for depositing:
- Credit and debit cards (Visa and Mastercard)
- ACH (e-check)
- Hard Rock Play+ debit card
And here are your options if you want to make a withdrawal:
- ACH (e-check)
- Bank transfer
Hard Rock customers also can go to the casino cage at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. You can deposit and withdraw money via cash transactions.
How to contact Hard Rock customer support
There are two ways that you can contact the Hard Rock customer service team.
- Email: [email protected].
- Live chat: Available via the Hard Rock Casino & Sportsbook app or website, open from 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. daily.
Besides those options, you also can browse the FAQ page, which has topics like your account, deposits, withdrawals, security, sports betting, house rules and a general tab.
Responsible gambling at Hard Rock
As a sportsbook and casino that is serious about responsible gambling, Hard Rock gives users the authority to personalize their own limits. Bettors can control their deposit and spending cutoffs, as well as the amount of time they can be on the app or website. Additionally, you’ll find information about resources to turn to if you think you or a person you know has a gambling problem.
Where is the Hard Rock retail sportsbook?
The Hard Rock retail sportsbook is located at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City. The sportsbook is roughly 3,800 square feet, which is just a small part of the overall casino. Within that space you’ll find over 40 TVs and 50 seats. It is located next to Sugar Factory.
- Address: 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-449-5368
- Website: www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com/casino/online-casino/sports-betting
- Amenities: Seating for up to 50 and more than 40 TVs
- Betting: Six betting stations
- Hours: Monday-Friday, noon-9 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Opened: Jan. 30, 2019
Is Hard Rock the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
At the moment, no. As of right now, it feels as if Hard Rock still is attempting to find its place in the New Jersey sports betting landscape. As a whole, the online sportsbook and casino are a solid pair, but by itself, the sportsbook just isn’t able to compete with other top oddsmakers in the state like PointsBet, FanDuel, BetMGM and DraftKings.
Hard Rock NJ Sportsbook FAQ
You don’t need a Hard Rock Bet bonus code to be eligible for the $1,000 welcome bonus. Join Hard Rock Bet Sportsbook NJ and place an opening bet of $10 or more. If it loses, you’ll spin the Mystery Wheel and have the chance of winning a $1,000 bonus bet. See the full details of the Hard Rock Bet welcome bonus in the section above.
Yes, the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement awarded Hard Rock Sportsbook a betting license after vetting it. And Hard Rock has been live in New Jersey since January 2019. You can reach the NJDGE by email ([email protected]) or phone (609-984-0909) if you need to file a complaint or just have a question you would like answered.
The minimum betting age in New Jersey is 21. Additionally, you must be physically within state lines whenever you want to place a bet. To comply with this rule, you must have geolocation software enabled on your computer, tablet or smartphone. If it is not active or if it cannot place you in New Jersey, you won’t be able to bet.
While you can bet on college sports using the Hard Rock app, New Jersey law forbids betting on games involving college teams from within the state. It also is illegal to bet on any NCAA games or competitions that are taking place in New Jersey.
Nope, you can register using the iOS or Android app or by going to the Hard Rock website. Once there, you’ll need to enter your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Creating an account shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
You cannot. At this time, Iowa is the only other state where Hard Rock is legal. And while some online sportsbook apps allow you to at least check lines when outside of New Jersey, if you attempt to log in to the Hard Rock app from outside the state, it will not work.
The Hard Rock app actually is a dual sports and casino all in one, whereas FanDuel’s sportsbook app in New Jersey does not include a casino. As for the apps themselves, both offer betting markets on all the top sports and leagues. Right now, FanDuel does offer more promotions than Hard Rock.