BetfairCasino.com is a joint venture between UK-based gaming operator Betfair and the Golden Nugget Atlantic City.
First launched in November 2013, it is currently one of two real-money, regulated online gaming facilities operating under the Golden Nugget license. It currently offers only online casino games. (Its New Jersey-based online poker room closed in December 2014.)
Betfair Casino NJ has emerged as a player in the heavily competitive NJ market. This is due to its varied selection of game offerings, generous promotional offers, and strong casino platform. BetFair has managed to hold its own against more identifiable brands such as Caesars, Tropicana, and bwin.party.
Editor’s review on Betfair casino NJ
Betfair Online Casino Review
- Casino Bonus
- Game Selection
Betfair Casino offers new players $30 free along with a 100% match up to $1,500. While that may be the market’s largest deposit bonus, the real highlight for new players is the $30 free, which comes with minimal strings. Betfair also has the best selection of online casino games in New Jersey, including a wide spread of table games and a large group of exclusive slot titles.
Bottom line: Unique content plus solid promotional value means you should give Betfair a try.
Betfair promo code for NJ: PLAY30
Last verified October 26, 2017
Claim your free $30 no deposit bonus, plus 100% up to $1,500 using Betfair bonus code PLAY30.
100% up to $1,500 deposit bonus – New depositors receive a match bonus of 100% up to $1,500. The minimum deposit is $10 for this offer. This deposit bonus must be wagered 20 times at slots within 90 days. Other games also qualify, but at a lower clearance rate.
Below is the wager requirement for games other than slots:
- Roulette: 40x
- All other table games: 200x
Free $30 – New Betfair New Jersey players receive a free $30 when creating an account and using Betfair promo code NJ PLAY30 at signup, as shown below. There are no game restrictions.
This $30 must be used in play and cannot be withdrawn. However, any winnings earned from the signup bonus can be withdrawn once the recipient makes a successful real-money deposit. The free $30 only remains in player accounts for 60 days. Note that you MUST use the Betfair promo code for NJ (PLAY30) to receive this bonus.
Betfair NJ promo code details
|Casino Name||Betfair New Jersey|
|Opening Bonus Amount With Our Code||$30 Free|
|Opening Bonus Amount Without Our Code||$10 Free|
|Atlantic City Casino Partner||Golden Nugget|
|IGP Permit Number||NJIGP 15-002|
Ongoing short-term promotions
– Game of the Week (November 6 – 12, 2017): play The Legend of Shangri-La – Cluster Pays during the promotional period and receive up to $5 in bonuses by wagering $250 or more.
– Play Live Dealer, Get a Bonus (November – December 31, 2017): play one of Betfair’s featured live dealer Blackjack, roulette, or Baccarat tables, and receive up to $25 in bonus funds, depending on how much you wager. Bonus requires opt-in.
– Game of the Week (October 30 to November 5, 2017): this week’s featured game is Blood Suckers II. Wager $250 playing it and receive a $5 bonus.
– $5,000 weekly sweepstakes (ends on December 31, 2017): deposit $10 or more between any Thursday and Sunday using bonus code WEEKLY to be entered into a a weekly $5,000 prize draw. Additional tickets can be earned by making real money wagers.
– PayPal Deposit Bonus (expires on December 31, 2017): make a minimum PayPal deposit of $25 using promo code PAYPAL and receive a bonus between $20 and $250, depending on deposit size.
Online casino platform
Betfair Casino (www.betfaircasino.com) is one of two NJ regulated real-money online gaming sites tied to the Golden Nugget license. Its operator, Betfair, is no stranger to the iGaming landscape. They established the world’s largest betting exchange in the European Union long before bringing online casino games to New Jersey.
The first Betfair venture in the US was horse racing through its purchase of TVG. Through that alliance, it became the preferred New Jersey provider for horse racing through 4NJBets.
Then, when online gambling was approved in New Jersey in 2013, Betfair partnered with Trump Plaza for its interactive license. After Trump Plaza ceased operations in September 2014, Betfair entered into a temporary partnership with Caesars Interactive.
The operator eventually found a permanent home with Golden Nugget.
Betfair casino software
The combination of Betfair’s veteran leadership, experience developing proprietary platforms and third-party partnerships with online gaming solutions providers, such as IGT, has resulted in a product that is as responsive and lightweight as it is intuitive.
Betfair’s New Jersey software is available for most computers and mobile devices:
- Browser-based: In order to experience everything Betfair NJ has to offer, log-on from a home computing device. The online casino runs smoothly on nearly all popular browsers, including Safari for Mac.
- Mobile: A smattering of Betfair’s most popular games are available via both Android and iOS applications. The Apple version requires iOS version 6.1 or later. Most Android users utilizing Android 2.1 or higher should have little trouble with the mobile app.
Betfair Casino NJ app review
Betfair’s online casino app was clearly developed by seasoned programmers versed in optimizing web applications for mobile.
All of the basic (and most of the advanced) bells and whistles present on the desktop software are accessible via the Betfair online casino app. This includes cashiering functionality, account histories, responsible gaming functions, and promotional information.
In addition, the app makes navigation simple. Even the most remote reaches of the application are only a few touches away. Although some of the team’s design choices come across as visually disorienting.
As for the casino games, loading times are minimal and games run smoothly. Players can readily access information related to payout structures and game rules via the game options menu. We just wish there were more of them. At present, only about 30 of the 170 games available on the desktop are on mobile.
A couple of other minor annoyances:
- I did experience a couple of occasions where a game reloaded abruptly, sometimes mid-spin.
- Each time I exited and entered the application, I had to reenter my log-in credentials. In all fairness, this may be a safeguard and not an application flaw.
Betfair’s NJ online casino app is available for both Android and iOS-powered devices. See how the app compares to other NJ online casino mobile apps.
When it comes to NJ iGaming partners, Betfair has had a few.
Betfair originally partnered with Trump Plaza. They received a transaction waiver to conduct iGaming operations on November 8, 2013. Three weeks later, the duo launched BetfairCasino.com, along with a Betfair-branded online poker room. This became part of the industry’s first wave of regulated sites.
With the closure of Trump Plaza in September 2014, Betfair had two options: Find a new iGaming partner, or abandon the New Jersey market altogether.
Betfair resolved to stay in the Garden State. To do so, they forged a temporary alignment with Caesars Entertainment in early-October.
Six weeks later, Betfair found a new home at the Golden Nugget casino. BetfairCasino.com occupies the Golden Nugget’s third iGaming domain. (The first two are Nugget’s flagship site, nj-casino.goldennuggetcasino.com and GoldenNuggetCasino.com, the latter serving as a redirect domain for the former.
Shortly after its alliance with Golden Nugget, Betfair closed its online poker room. Unlike their NJ casino—which had captured a reasonable market share—Betfair’s poker product was a pitiable disaster. It only generated a laughable $140 in total gross revenue over its one-year existence.
Upon their alliance with Betfair, the Golden Nugget’s network of online casinos began to thrive. In December 2014 they captured a 25 percent market share, rising to 27 percent in January 2015.
Since the emergence of the Resorts AC brand, the Golden Nugget’s market share has fallen, but still holds strong at 22-23 percent (as of early 2016).
Games available at BetfairCasino.com NJ
BetfairCasino.com offers one of the strongest game libraries in New Jersey. At present, customers have their choice of 149 virtual slot terminals. There is also 12 Atlantic City-style table games and eight video poker variants.
That brings the total number of available games up to 170—a number that seems to be growing by the month.
BetfairCasino.com also boasts the largest collection of site-exclusive games in the U.S. regulated market. This includes two rarely seen before table games (Hi-Lo Solitare and PokerBet) and a swatch of bonus-driven NJ online slots.
Betfair video poker
Betfair offers eight video poker games:
- Two are Jacks or Better with different animation
- Deuces Wild
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Play Draw Poker
- Five Play Draw Poker
The Triple Play video poker game deals a player a single hand. The player chooses which cards to hold. Those cards are kept in all three hands.
The Five Play functions similarly, except the number of hands increases to five.
It’s worth noting that all single-line Game King video poker games return approximately 99 percent or more to the player. The best of these games is Jacks or Better, which returns 99.54 percent. The worst—the highly volatile yet exceedingly popular Double Double Bonus Poker—returns 98.98 percent.
Triple and Five Play games feature reduced payout tables, but more gaming options. The single line Deuces Wild game, provided by GAN, is known as “15/9” LV Airport/Illinois Deuces, and pays out 98.91 percent. It doesn’t play as smoothly as the Game King games, but the payout table is among New Jersey’s best.
There are two blackjack games: a single-hand and five-hand variant.
The five-hand is called Pro Blackjack. Any number of hands between one and five may be played against the dealer.
The single hand game is simply titled Blackjack and is powered by IGT.
Both games offer favorable rules, including 3:2 payouts on Blackjack, re-splits, double down after splits, and dealer stands on soft 17.
Table games at Betfair’s NJ online casino
There are 13 table games spread at Betfair. At one point there used to be more, but some, such as Mississippi Stud, Ultimate Texas Hold’em and Four Card Poker, have vanished from the lobby. Most noteworthy, Let it Ride is still around. This despite one player having hit a $1.52 million jackpot in February 2015.
So what was once the most eclectic blend of table games in the NJ online casino industry is now simply average.
There are two games exclusive to Betfair in New Jersey: Hi/Lo Solitaire and Poker Bet.
Other Betfair New Jersey table games include:
- Roulette Royale
- Three Card Poker
- Let it Ride
- 3 Wheel Roulette
- Double Bonus Spin Roulette
- EZ Baccarat
Site exclusive table games
- Poker Bet
- Hi-Lo Solitaire
Betfair online casino slots
Like other NJ-based online casinos, all of Betfair Casino’s slots are penny, multiple line slots with the vast majority offering some sort of bonus game.
Slot titles run the gamut from those that are commonly found on AC casino floors. You’ll have the opportunity to play Wheel of Fortune, Super Times Pay and Double Diamond, as well as popular online slots like Starburst.
The online casino boasts 149 slots in total, with new terminals added on a somewhat regular basis.
Exclusive slots at Betfair Casino online
37 exclusive slots in total, including:
- 50 Lions
- African Diamond
- Crazy Money
- King of Bling
- Neon City Casino
- Robin Hood
- Total Meltdown
- Grand Dragon
- Guys Night
- Lunar Loot
- China Shores
- Neon City Casino
Promotions at Betfair’s New Jersey online casino
BetfairCasino.com welcome bonus
What you get
- $30 bonus cash, awarded as site credit.
- A 100% match initial deposit bonus, up to $1,500. The bonus is awarded immediately to a player’s account, but cannot be cashed out until a minimum 20x wagering requirement is met.
Relative to other NJ online casinos, Betfair’s “no deposit” bonus ranks about average.
Betfair awards $30 to new signups, which is very generous for a NJ online casino. The no deposit bonus is not subject to a high wagering requirement, or any for that matter, and that’s a big plus.
Instead, players are only required to make a real-money deposit before cashing out any winnings. (The bonus itself cannot be withdrawn). This will appease casual players that have had trouble clearing registration bonuses in the past.
On the other hand, the first deposit match bonus is targeted more toward hardcore gamblers.
Players that deposit $1,500 will receive a 100% match, equating to $1,500 in bonus funds. That is far and away the highest bonus cap in New Jersey. The requirements for unlocking the full bonus are fairly rigid, and will require a good deal of dedication (and possibly multiple deposits).
In order to release the bonus, players must wager 20x times the bonus amount. For a $1,500 deposit, that equates to $30,000 worth of wagers, or a 5 percent cashback deal. This rate only applies toward slots. The wagering contributions for roulette and table games are markedly lower.
- Slot machines: 100 percent
- Roulette: 50 percent
- Video poker, all other table games: 10 percent
- Slot machine “Gamble Features”: 10 percent
A “Gamble Feature” refers to a slot machine’s bonus game. It’s typically triggered by matching three or more special symbols. Gamble features account for a sizable percentage of total payouts.
Should Betfair feel a player isn’t adhering to the spirit of the promotion by placing low risk wagers, they may prevent that entrant from withdrawing funds.
Players have 90 days to release bonus funds. After that time any pending bonus will be immediately forfeited.
Despite all these caveats, it’s difficult not to recommend Betfair’s deposit bonus—at least to dedicated slot players—as it is exceedingly difficult to find a more generous bonus cap, in NJ or elsewhere.
Player rewards program
What you get
- Earn Tier Points and Bonus Points by wagering real-money at BetfairCasino.com.
- Depending on your Loyalty tier, earn a bonus equal to between .1% – .5% of all slot wagers – less on other games.
Betfair’s revamped VIP Club rewards consistent play as much as it does players wagering large sums.
Tier Points are accrued by placing real-money bets on casino games. For every $1 wagered, players will receive:
- Slots: 5 Tier Points
- Roulette, video poker and table games: 3 Tier Points
- Blackjack: 1 Tier Point
Accumulated Tier Points determine a player’s monthly VIP status. As players climb the statuses, they become eligible for better bonuses and exclusive VIP perks. These perks include VIP events, gifts and a dedicated casino host.
There are currently five VIP statuses, as follows:
- Iron: Everyone starts here, .1% cashback on slots.
- Bronze: 25,000 monthly points, 12,500 points to maintain
- Silver: 200,000 monthly points, 100,000 points to maintain
- Gold: 500,000 monthly points, 250,000 points to maintain
- Platinum: 2.5 million points, 1.25 million points to maintain
Bonus Points (BPs), which are earned at the same rate as Tier Points, can be exchanged for bonus cash. The higher your tier, the better your exchange rate:
- Iron: 5000 RPs / $1
- Bronze: 4000 RPs / $1
- Silver: 3000 RPs / $1
- Gold: 2000 RPs / $1
- Platinum: 1000 RPs / $1
Unforutnately, bonuses received from exchanging BPs are only eligible for casino play and can never be withdrawn. This means Betfair does not currently offer any predictable cashback.
Also, the ease in which players can maintain their monthly status is a nice touch. Maintaining a status only tasks players with generating half the number of points necessary to earn that status initially. Also, should a player not accumulate enough points to maintain their status, they’ll only fall back one status grade at the beginning of the next month – pending their account wasn’t inactive more than 31 days.
Other recurrent promotions
- Game of the Week: Wager $250 on a predetermined game in a single day, and receive a $5 casino bonus.
- $1k Bonus Chase: Available every Tuesday and Wednesday. Earn a bonus from $5 – $1k (depending on amount wagered between those two days). Must deposit $10 minimum using the promo code CHASE.
- $5k Weekly Sweepstakes: Available every Thursday-Sunday. Players earn tickets between those four days based on game play. Winners will be randomly selected each Monday to share in a $5k prize pool. Must deposit $10 minimum and use the promo code WEEKLY to opt-in.
- Give $10 get $25: refer a friend to BetfairCasino, and if they deposit $25 or more, you’ll receive a $25 bonus.
Additionally, Betfair NJ has a constantly-changing selection of other promotions including bonus chases, leaderboards, and sweepstakes. Check this NJ online casino deals page for more information on short-term promotions in New Jersey.
Cashiering at BetfairCasino.com
Betfair offers several depositing options, such as wire transfers and a prepaid card option, that some NJ regulated online casinos do not.
This makes playing on Betfair an attractive alternative for players who may have had issues depositing via more traditional means on other sites.
Depositing methods include:
- Credit / debit card (MasterCard / Visa)
- ACH (recommended by Betfair Casino)
- Betfair Prepaid card (can be funded with credit or debit card, or via ACH)
- Cash at 7-Eleven (PayNearMe)
- Online transfer
- Wire transfer (fees reimbursed on all transfers over $100)
Oddly, Betfair does not list cash at the Golden Nugget casino cage as one of its depositing options. In its stead is checks, which can be mailed to Betfair’s NJ office.
Withdrawal options are limited to:
- Check by mail
- Golden Nugget cashier
- Betfair Prepaid card
Betfair’s NJ support team can be reached via email, live chat and phone. Phone and chat lines are open from 9 a.m. – 2 a.m. EST, and email support is available around the clock.
Generally speaking, your email inquiry will be answered within hours, not days, although the information contained within is not always immediately helpful.
Both email and chat representatives are cheerful, well written, and willing to keep trying until players receive a suitable answer to their question.
BetfairCasino.com’s support team is based in Jersey City, New Jersey.
New games recently added to Betfair Casino
– Emoji Planet: an unorthodox 6-reel slot with no traditional paylines – the symbols can chain together in very surprising combinations. Emoji Planet was released in 2017, so unsurprisingly the visuals and sound effects are very crisp.
– The Legend of Shangri La – Cluster Pays: an instant classic from NetEnt that’s already attracted a huge following, despite being released as recently as September 2017. The Cluster Mechanism, Nudge Reels, phenomenal graphics, and unparalleled Asia-themed sound effects make for exceptional game-play. Wilds, Scatters, and free spins are also available.
– Legend of the Pharaoh: quite an interesting slot from SG Gaming, with a backdrop and overall look that closely resembles that of the popular Cleopatra slot. Lots of free spins with bet multipliers can be won by landing the Blue Pyramid symbol, which acts as the Scatter. Comes with an excellent 98.10% RTP, making it ideal for clearing casino bonuses.
– Zeus God of Thunder: an ancient Greece-themed slot with five jackpots, 30 paylines, and up to 100 free spins when using the “extra bet” option. Included are classic mythological creatures and artifacts. The best part about this game are the five jackpots, the largest of which currently pays over 3,000.
– The classic Cleopatra finally made it to Betfair’s slot selection. Designed and developed by IGT, the game incorporates multiple elements of Egyptian culture. The following symbols form winning combinations on Cleopatra’s 25 paylines: the eye of hours, gold pedant, beetle, the Sphinx and, of course, Cleopatra herself. The Sphinx is the Scatter and landing it on three or more reels will trigger a bonus round with 15 free spins, all of which are played out automatically in succession. The Cleopatra symbol is Wild and doubles the payout from any combination it completes. Decent graphics, good sound effects, and excellent gameplay.
– Based on Robert Louis Stevenson’s character, Dr. Jekyll Goes Wild is a horror-themed slot game offering up to 75 free spins and two bonus rounds. A total of 10 paylines are available.
– Monopoly Bring The House Down brings the board game experience straight to the online casino. Hot Zone Wild patterns spin independently of the reels and will turn any location they land on Wild. Landing three Monopoly symbols on reels number 1, 3 and 5 will trigger a bonus free spins round. Five linked reel spins can be made with the Big Bet option, providing a chance for Hotel upgrades and extra spins. 40 paylines.
- Editor’s review on Betfair casino NJ
- Betfair promo code for NJ: PLAY30
- Ongoing short-term promotions
- Online casino platform
- Games available at BetfairCasino.com NJ
- Promotions at Betfair’s New Jersey online casino
- Cashiering at BetfairCasino.com
- BetfairCasino.com support
- New games recently added to Betfair Casino