ESPN BET Sportsbook NJ – App Review & Welcome Bonus
ESPN BET is now available in New Jersey. Sign up with ESPN BET Sportsbook today and claim $1,200 in sign-up bonuses. No ESPN BET promo code is required.
Best New Jersey sportsbook bonuses in February 2024
The site has pre-game and in-game bets on 28 sports. When compared against FanDuel and DraftKings, ESPN BET’s odds are mostly on par. Keep reading to learn more about ESPN BET Sportsbook New Jersey, starting with that outstanding $1,200 new player bonus.
ESPN BET New Jersey bonus code for February 2024
When you join ESPN Sportsbook in New Jersey you’ll automatically be eligible for the $1,200 welcome bonus in February.
|ESPN BET NJ Bonus Code
|• 100% deposit match up to $1,000
• $200 in bonus bets with first cash bet
|• 20x playthrough on deposit match
• $200 comes as four $50 bonus bets
|Welcome bonus & daily odds boosts
|November 14, 2023
|February 28, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN BET Sportsbook New Jersey for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Maximizing the $1,200 ESPN BET welcome offer
The ESPN BET welcome bonus comes in two parts and you do not need a promo code for either sign-up offer. Here’s how simple it is to claim:
- Sign up with ESPN BET Sportsbook in New Jersey. You do not need to enter a promo code. And if you previously were a Barstool Sportsbook user simply sign in using those credentials.
- Make your first deposit. This deposit is matched 100% by ESPN in bonus funds. To release your bonus funds you must make bets with odds of -200 or longer. For every $20 in qualifying bets you place, $1 in bonus funds is released. Thus, claiming the full $1,000 in bonus money requires a $1,000 deposit and then $20,000 in qualifying bets. You have 30 days to unlock all the bonus funds.
- Make your first bet. As soon as you place your first bet ESPN will add four $50 bonus bets into your wallet. The bonus bets expire seven days after being issued, so be sure to use them inside of that timeframe.
And that’s it. The ESPN BET welcome bonuses are some of the best in the business, right up there with the $2,050 welcome bonus at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Getting started at ESPN BET Sportsbook in New Jersey
Anyone used to signing up at an online or mobile sportsbook will be familiar with the process at ESPN BET. Desktop users will click on the sign-in button at the top of the page, while mobile users follow a link to the App Store or Google Play Store and follow the prompts.
- Once registration begins, the first questions are about a person’s email address and password. This is where people choose a unique username.
- Next, the site shows the registrant several security questions. The registrant chooses two and answers them. Since these are asked when signing in, make the answers simple and record them on your device.
- Click the prompt to enter the next step, which involves more personal information. This is your phone info, mailing address, and legal name.
- Finally, you’ll need to give the last four numbers in your Social Security number. Some registrants will be asked to further verify, which requires a photo ID.
Android users start the process by following the Google Play link, then clicking the “Get” button to start registration. Apple iOS users similarly begin by following the App Store link, then clicking the “Install” button to register. After those initial steps, mobile users will follow the steps above.
First-time bettors receive a welcome bonus worth up to $1,200. The ESPN sign-up offer comes in two parts and does not require a promo code to unlock.
Finally, remember that ESPN sportsbook users must be 21 to sign up in New Jersey and make bets.
ESPN BET NJ app and rating (4.1/5)
The ESPN sportsbook app for iPhone has a 4.7 rating from users. Reviews suggest the app works fine for pre-game betting and live betting, which was our experience. The experience is far less seamless for Android sports bettors, who give the ESPN BET app a 3.7 cumulative rating.
- Ease of logging in: 4.5/5 – Logging in takes a single step for desktop users, while facial recognition or fingerprints work for mobile.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.1/5 – The iPhone and iPad betting works seamlessly, though bettors give the Android app low ratings.
- Overall speed: 4.2/5 – The odds load slowly in some cases, but the live betting page updates regularly in real time.
- Ability to place parlays: 3.9/5 – The iOS parlay betting works, but the Android parlay tool updates too soon to make effective parlay bets.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.4/5 – Works great most of the time but changes to some SGPs require you to start over entirely.
- Overall: 4.1/5: The iOS sports betting app works fine, but Android device users will have their struggles.
ESPN BET Sportsbook vs. FanDuel Sportsbook
ESPN BET has slightly better odds than FanDuel Sportsbook NJ does for NFL games, while the FanDuel has slightly better boosted bets and a better mobile app.
|Parlay profit boosts
|Better bonus terms
Live betting options at ESPN BET
Every sport on the ESPN sportsbook comes with a live betting option. Sports leagues like the NFL, MLB, CFL, NBA, WNBA, and Premier League are listed here, as are individual sporting events, like tennis’ US Open or North American soccer’s Leagues Cup. To give readers a sense of how deep this goes, the live betting page currently lists the Premier Lacrosse League.
The layout of the live betting page is simple and concise. Each event appears in a virtual scoreboard that includes everything from the game time (or innings) to the score, the spread, the current total, and the moneyline. While each event is kept separate, they are grouped by sport or league.
On the left of your screen, you’ll see the featured live events for that day. Since the featured live events aren’t all happening at the same time, a graphic next to each sport shows which are happening at that moment. A category for boosted bets is found here, while users can look towards the page’s bottom for “All Sports.”
On the right of your screen, you’ll see the bet slip. Live betting requires quick action, so a bet slip exists here to help users make quick straight bets and parlay bets.
Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
How to add funds or cash out
Adding funds is easy. You can use electronic payment services like PayPal or Play+, or you can use options that move the money directly to your bank account. These include e-check, traditional check, ACH, or online banking. Bettors can also fund their sportsbook account or withdraw cash at the cashier cage at Resorts Casino in Atlantic City or the sportsbook at Freehold Raceway in Freehold.
All deposit and withdrawal transactions are free, while deposits happen instantly. Cashing out with Play+ or PayPal is instant, though e-check, online banking, or ACH takes three to five days. The minimum deposit amount for everything (except checks) is $10 while the minimum withdrawal amount for the same methods is $10.
Those who deposit with a paper check must deposit at least $250, while the withdrawal amount for paper checks is $250. A bettor may have to wait up to two weeks for the check’s arrival.
How to contact ESPN Bet customer service in New Jersey
ESPN Sportsbook offers customer support through email, phone, and chat. The easiest way to contact the site’s representatives is to use the ‘Support’ link on the homepage’s bottom menu. Next, click on the ‘Account Information’ link and then click on the blue ‘Contact Us’ link. This takes you to an online tool that offers an email address, as well as ways to initiate phone calls and live chat.
The chat feature, phone calls, and email form require you to ask a question of the support staff, so be prepared for a delay.
If you wish to talk to ESPN Bet’s land-based partners, call Resorts Casino at 609-340-6300 or Freehold Raceway at 732-462-3800.
How to set limits at ESPN Bet Sportsbook
In five different ways, a person can set limits on their ESPN Bet activity to help practice responsible gaming. Also, the sportsbook has a self-exclusion option called “cooling off.”
The five limits offered are a time limit, loss limit, spend limit, deposit limit, and maximum single wager limit. ESPN Bet users can log into their accounts and set parameters for any and all of these on any given day. Once they do, the user cannot change the limit until that time period ends.
- Single Wager Limit: The user sets a ceiling on single wager size.
- Time Limit: This controls how much time the person can be logged into the site.
- Loss Limit: This controls how much a person can lose in a given period.
- Spend Limit: This is a max restriction on all betting volume over a period of time.
- Deposit Limit: While other options limit the amount bet or lost, this imposes a ceiling on how much money you put into your account.
For each of these five activities, you can choose to restrict the activity on a daily, weekly basis, and monthly basis. Furthermore, the cooling-off period is a time when all activity ceases; choose any window between 72 hours and three months.
Is the ESPN sportsbook legal in New Jersey?
Yes, it is. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) and the New Jersey Racing Commission (NJRC) have approved ESPN BET. The sportsbook received licensing in 2020 back when it was run by Barstool. Also, ESPN BET has a land-based casino partner in Resorts Casino and a land-based racetrack partner in Freehold Raceway.
ESPN BET is owned by the largest cable sports network in North America. The site’s co-owner is Penn Entertainment, a Pennsylvania-based casino and racetrack owner known for venues like Hollywood Casino at the Meadows in Washington, Pennsylvania, Hollywood Casino York, Hollywood Casino Morgantown, and Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, Pennsylvania.
Penn Entertainment also owns regional gaming venues such as Hollywood Casino Perryville in Maryland, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in West Virginia, and Youngstown Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in Ohio. Thus, ESPN BET is well connected in the sports entertainment and gambling industries.
ESPN BET in-person betting locations and partnerships
ESPN Bet has two brick-and-mortar partners in New Jersey. One is Resorts Casino, the oldest casino in Atlantic City, located at 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401. The phone number is 609-340-6300.
The other partnership is with Freehold Raceway in North Jersey, about 55 miles outside of New York City. The address for Freehold Raceway is 130 Park Avenue, Freehold, NJ 07728. The phone number is 732-462-3800.
The dual partnership means bettors can add and withdraw funds from their ESPN Sportsbook accounts at land-based cashier cages at both ends of the state.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook New Jersey FAQ
When you sign up with ESPN Sportsbook, you’ll get a two-part welcome bonus worth $1,200, no promo code required. There’s a 100% deposit match up to $1,000, plus you get $200 in bonus bets when you place your first bet.
The minimum deposit is $10. This is also the amount that activates the bonus rebate offer.
In many states, yes, but New Jersey imposes restrictions on college sports betting. To be precise, New Jersey sports bettors can bet on college games but not on events hosted in New Jersey. Also, they cannot bet on teams associated with New Jersey colleges and universities. So Rutgers football, for instance, is off-limits to NJ bettors whether the team is playing at home or five states away. But New Jersey bettors could wager on, say Ohio State vs. Michigan because there’s no Jersey affiliation.
The age limit is 21, in accordance with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement’s parameters for legal betting. Everything at ESPN Sportsbook follows New Jersey gaming laws.
No, but the electronic transfer services might charge a fee. If you make a withdrawal and see that a fee was charged, ESPN Bet is not the party who charged you.
Every one of the deposit methods at ESPN Bet is instant, except for a paper check. When it’s time to make a withdrawal, the quickest ways to get paid are Play+ and PayPal. These arrive instantly or within minutes. If you want to move that money from your PayPal account to your bank account, that will take 1 to 2 days to arrive. In most cases, it will take 24 hours or less.