Harrah’s Casino is a legal and licensed New Jersey online casino. Players 21 years of age or older located within the border of New Jersey may play for real money.
The online casino was part of the first wave of regulated iGaming sites to launch in New Jersey back in November 2013. It operates under Caesars Interactive Entertainment, but utilizes a platform provided by international iGaming powerhouse, 888. Other Caesars’ sites, including its two online poker operations (WSOP.com and us.888poker.com) also make use of 888’s proprietary software.
Many of the typical games found on the casino floors of Harrah’s brick & mortar locales can also be played online – only difference being that the online site affords players the convenience of playing from their own homes.
NJ Harrah's Online Casino Review
- Casino Bonus
- Casino Game Selection
Harrah’s online casino is legal and licensed by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement. HarrahsCasino.com offers slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker and a 100% up to $300 bonus. New players also receive $10 in bonus money, no deposit required. Harrah’s gets high marks for their online casino promotions, but only average marks for game selection and customer support.
Bottom Line: Harrah’s is a smart choice for value-conscious online gamblers.
Harrah’s Online Casino promo code
Last verified: November 7, 2017
$10 no deposit bonus
All new players that register an account with Harrah’s qualify for a $10 free bonus money offer
Once you claim this offer, it remains valid for 7 days. To withdraw the bonus or winnings, players must satisfy playthrough conditions of 2x on slot play or 10x on roulette play or 20x on blackjack / video poker.
100% up to $300 First Deposit Bonus
New players qualify for a 100% up to $300 first deposit bonus.
Players must wager 20 times the bonus at slots to withdraw any funds. Roulette and poker table games have a 100 times wager requirement, while blackjack and video poker have a 200 times wager requirement.
Players have 30 days to complete the requirements. The bonus releases in $10 increments.
Ongoing short-term promotions
– Thanksgiving Daily Bonus (November 22-25): make a payment of at least $50 to earn a $25 bonus. This bonus can be claimed once per day for the duration of this promotion.
– Daily Deposit (October 29 – 31, 2017): deposit at least $50 using code TREAT25 and receive a $25 bonus. Players can take advantage of this promotion once per day, for a total of $75 in bonus funds. 5x wager requirement on slots, 25x on roulette, and 50x on video poker.
– 100% Bonus Match up to $100 (October 18 – 21, 2017): deposit a minimum of $25 using promo code OCT300 during the promotional period to receive a bonus equal to your deposit size, capped at $300. Note that this is not a first deposit offer.
Harrah’s Casino online platform
HarrahsCasino.com is powered by 888’s proprietary Dragonfish software. Dragonfish is the same platform utilized by 888’s world-renowned online casino, and also acts as the driving force behind the U.S.-based WSOP.com poker room, as well as the 888-branded sites in New Jersey and Delaware.
New Jersey players will find the HarrahsCasino.com interface to be visual, intuitive, and loaded with bells and whistles.
Harrah’s casino software
For those looking to learn the ropes, without necessarily investing real-money, all Harrah’s online casino games can be played with play money.
You can access the software in one of a couple of different ways:
- Browser-based: HarrahsCasino.com can be accessed via a browser-based pop-up. This version of the software is compatible with all modern browsers, including staples such as Bing, FireFox and Chrome, as well as Safari.
- Mobile: Players seeking action while away from their home computer will be happy to know that a partial version of Harrah’s online casino is available for download from the App Store. The app is compatible with all iOS-powered devices version 6.0 and up. An Android version of the application is finally available as well and can be downloaded from the casino website.
Quick review of Harrah’s mobile casino
The Harrah’s mobile application is a shadow of the desktop version.
A mere 11 games are available from the app’s lobby, including only two table games – Classic BlackJack and Roulette.
As for the virtual slot terminals, they function well enough, but lack the same brand appeal as those found on some other NJ casino sites. Worse yet, Ultimate Genie – arguably the most polished of Harrah’s slot offerings, and definitely a big draw – is decidedly absent.
Given these drawbacks, we’re of the opinion that Harrah’s app ranks below average relative to the rest of the field.
The problems with the app extend beyond the game library. Although Harrah’s app boasts myriad account management features, most of them aren’t built directly into the application. Instead, players will be often redirected to an outside browser, which is a nuisance at best.
Absent completely from the app is the Total Rewards sub-menu, which on the desktop software allows players to view their loyalty points balance and value. Also missing is the promotions tab.
As a small consolation prize, players can conduct basic cashiering functions from the app.
Harrah’s online casino is only available for iOS devices. Compare all NJ mobile casino apps.
HarrahsCasino.com was among the first regulated iGaming sites to open its doors to New Jersey residents. The site is operated by Caesars Interactive Entertainment in affiliation with world renowned iGaming solutions provider 888. It is one of two NJ online casinos utilizing the 888 platform, the other being us.888casino.com.
It was on November 8, 2013 that the online gambling partnership of Bally’s Atlantic City, Caesars Interactive Entertainment and 888 were granted permission by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement to commence with their online gambling plans.
New Jersey iGaming regulations permit five domains per license holder. Bally’s proved to be the only casino to make full use of its domains, launching HarrahsCasino.com, along with four other poker and casino sites, on November 26, 2013 – just one day after regulators approved the license holder for a full online gambling launch in New Jersey.
A sixth domain, CaesarsCasino.com, operates under the Caesars AC license.
Available games at Harrah’s Online
At a total of 57 games, the Harrah’s casino lobby may prove a bit sparse for some. But occasional gamblers looking to try their luck playing old standbys such as blackjack, roulette, and video poker will feel right at home.
The casino boasts itself as one best places to play progressive slots. Considering that HarrahsCasino.com was the first regulated NJ casino to award a seven figure jackpot, it’s difficult to argue with that claim.
Harrah’s video poker
Harrah’s only offers one video poker variant: Jacks or Higher.
The payout table closely resembles Game King’s Jacks or Better except that quads only pays 20 units as opposed to 25, and straight flushes pay 40 units instead of 50.
These two changes reduce the game’s payback rate from 99.54 percent to 98.25 percent.
Harrah’s spreads one online blackjack versions.
American Classic Blackjack allows players to play up to five hands simultaneously at limits ranging from $1 all the way up to $10,000. The game permits double down on any two cards, double down after splitting and splitting of pairs once. Blackjacks pay 3:2 and split aces receive just one card. The dealer hits a soft 17.
Generally speaking, these are fairly good rules for the player.
Harrah’s offers four roulette wheels.
The American and the standard version has two zeroes on the wheel. Conversely, the European wheel just has one zero, and therefore offers significantly better odds.
French Roulette also has just one zero, however, it offers the La Partage rule. This means that all even money wagers receive half of the bet back if the ball lands on zero. The French Roulette game offers the best roulette spread by Harrah’s.
Limits for the American, European and French games range from $5 to $2,000 per spin, while the limits for standard roulette are $1 – $300.
Slots at Harrah’s online casino
Harrah’s has expanded its slot selection to 50 games. That’s still on the low side for New Jersey online casino, but significantly better than the dozen or so slots the casino offered at launch.
Also, Harrah’s now supports five jackpot slots, including Ultimate Genie – which can award a seven figure payday. Other jackpots typically fall in the four-to-five digit range.
- Adventures in Orbit
- Ca$h Pigs
- Cafe de Paris
- Casino Reels (jackpot)
- City Life
- City Life 2
- Dino Stampede (jackpot)
- Doctor’s Orders
- Easter Bunnies
- Euro Reels
- Freaky Fruit
- Knights and Maidens
- Ultimate Genie (jackpot)
- Panda Manga
- Sugar Doggie
- The Royals: Go Camping
- Ultimate Universe (jackpot)
- Viva L’Italia
Harrah’s Online Casino promotions
Registration and welcome bonus at HarrahsCasino.com
What you get
- $10 in bonus money, no deposit required.
- 100% match bonus up to $300 on initial deposit.
While Harrah’s “no deposit” bonus may sound enticing, it’s actually pretty low on the totem pole as far as NJ registration bonuses go.
Assuming a slot payout percentage of just over 90 percent (a fair estimate), the cash value of the bonus is approximately $8. Most NJ online casinos offer somewhere between $10 and $30.
The welcome bonus, on the other hand, has its fair share of upsides. For one, it’s released in small $10 increments. That’s good news for casual players, who might find it difficult to unlock their funds if they were only released in one or a few large pieces.
Furthermore, the $300 bonus cap is on the higher end for NJ casinos. And the 30 day eligibility window is certainly not the shortest we’ve observed.
Finally, should a player lose their initial deposit, they can redeposit during the eligibility period and still work towards unlocking their bonus.
The only real downside to Harrah’s welcome bonus, and it’s a big one, are the wagering requirements.
In order to unlock a $10 chunk, players must earn 10 Tier Credits, which equates to:
- $200 worth of wagers on slots (100% contribution)
- $1,000 worth of wagers on roulette (20% contribution), and
- $2,000 worth of wagers on blackjack or video poker (10% contribution)
Smart gamblers will recognize that the games offering the lowest house edge provide the worst cashback rate (.5 percent). It follows that slot players enjoy a much more favorable release rate (5 percent).
Then again, free money is free money, and wagering $60,000 to unlock $300 is still better than wagering that much and getting nothing in return.
HarrahsCasino.com player rewards program
What you get
- Earn Rewards Credits and Tier Credits for wagering on slots, table games and video poker.
- Exchange Rewards Credits for online cash or transferred into a Total Rewards (TR) account.
- Link a Total Rewards account to have Tier Credits earned online apply toward your TR tier score.
Let’s start off by saying that Total Rewards is one of the most renowned and lucrative casino loyalty programs available today. Premier members enjoy a myriad of benefits ranging from room discounts, lounge access, appreciation gifts and annual retreats to Caesars Entertainment-affiliated destinations.
Thus, the fact that HarrahsCasino.com players can apply their earned credits towards their Total Rewards status is a pretty big deal.
There are four Total Rewards tiers. You can achieve higher tiers by accumulating a designated number of Tier Credits in a calendar year:
- Gold: Starting point for all Total Rewards members
- Platinum: 5,000 Tier Credits
- Diamond: 15,000 Tier Credits
- Seven Stars: Invitation only, minimum of 150,000 Tier Credits
Online gamblers at HarrahsCasino.com are awarded one Tier Credit for every $20 wagered. That’s between one-quarter and one-half the earn rate offered by Caesars’ brick and mortar casinos, depending on the game played.
Once players link their online account to their Total Rewards, their online Tier Credit contributions will be automatically applied to their TR Tier Score. This process takes place at the end of each month.
For each Tier Credit awarded, players also receive a Reward Credit. You can convert these to online cash at a rate of $1 per 100 Reward Credits, which equates to a .05 percent cashback deal.
Like Tier Credits, you can transfer Rewards Credits to a Total Rewards account, and then used for comps at a Caesars casino.
Daily deals is a series of seven recurrent promotions, each one equating to a different day of the week. Most are deposit offers with different terms. The bonus code is the day of the week.
For instance, deposit using the promo code MONDAY on a (you guessed it) Monday, and receive a 10 percent bonus on deposits between $30 and $99 and a 15 percent bonus on deposits of $100 or more.
Other daily deals award cashback on net losses, bonus spins, and double player loyalty points.
- Sunday – Deposit $30 or more and receive double Total Rewards points on video slots. In addition, players who accrue 100 points will receive an additional 50 credits on top.
- Monday – Deposit $30 or more and receive a 10% bonus up. Deposit between $100 – $300 and get a 15% match. Bonuses are capped at $10 and $45, respectively.
- Tuesday – Players are reimbursed 10% of their net losses up to $1,000, for a maximum bonus of $100.
- Wednesday – Deposit $30-$99 and get 10 free slot spins. Deposit $100 or more and receive 20 free slot spins.
- Thursday – Deposit $30-$99 and receive $5 in free slot play. Deposits of $100 or more net $15 in bonus play.
- Friday – Deposit $30 or more and receive a free spin for every 10 spin you make. Eligible games include Knights & Maidens, Freaky Fruit, City Life, Adventures in Orbit, and Euro Reels. Bonus spins are worth $.25 each.
- Saturday – Play selected slots and receive a $5 bonus when you deposit $30 – $99. Deposit $100+ and get a $10 bonus.
HarrahsCasino.com – cashiering
HarrahsCasino.com combats the payment processing issues plaguing some Visa/MasterCard users by offering a wide array of alternative options.
Deposits methods include:
- ACH bank transfers
- Online banking transfers
- Visa / MasterCard credit / debit cards
- 7-Eleven Pay Near Me
- Cash at the Caesars Atlantic City casino cage
ACH bank transfers, Visa / MasterCard debit transactions are two ways to fund an account without paying any extraneous fees. Unfortunately, they’re also prone to high rejection rates (Visa especially). This isn’t as big a problem as it once was, but it’s still the most unreliable method.
Neteller, online banking transfers, Pay Near Me and Cash at the Cage are all viable alternative payment methods, but either task players with paying fees (Neteller), force them to travel away from their home (Pay Near Me, Cash at the Cage), or are not available as withdrawal methods (online banking transfers).
PayPal funds must originate from bank transfers or an existing balance. You cannot use credit and debit cards to fund a deposit at Harrah’s Casino.
Speaking of which, HarrahsCasino.com only offers a few ways in which patrons can withdraw funds:
- ACH bank transfers
- Bank draft (check by mail)
- Cash at the Caesars AC casino cage
- PayPal – only available to players that used it to deposit
The good news is that the bar for cashing out is really low ($0 for Cash at the Cage up to $50 for check), and there are no miscellaneous fees attached to payouts.
HarrahsCasino.com support center
There are three ways to reach customer support:
- Phone (24/7)
- Live Chat (available 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. EST)
While contacting Harrah’s support team via any of the aforementioned methods will generally lead to very quick response times, on average, phone representatives prove the most helpful.
Conversely, live chat agents are a bit dismissive, and all but the most simplistic email inquiries will have you wanting more detailed answers.
Before contacting support, you can seek answers to your queries from the site’s very extensive FAQ page.
- Editor’s Review
- Harrah’s Online Casino promo code
- Ongoing short-term promotions
- Harrah’s Casino online platform
- Available games at Harrah’s Online
- Harrah’s Online Casino promotions
- HarrahsCasino.com – cashiering
- HarrahsCasino.com support center