The online casino was part of the first wave of regulated iGaming sites to launch in New Jersey. It operates under Caesars Interactive Entertainment but utilizes a platform provided by international iGaming powerhouse, 888. Harrah’s online casino is completely unique from the Caesars online casino in terms of games and features.
Many of the typical games found on the casino floors of Harrah’s brick-and-mortar locales can also be played online — the only difference being that the online site affords players the convenience of playing from their own homes.
The Harrah’s new player bonus offer for New Jersey is relatively straightforward. If you create a new account at Harrah’s, you’ll get a $10 free no deposit bonus. No bonus code is needed.
Then, if you choose to deposit onto the site, you will also receive a 100% up to $300 deposit bonus.
|Online Casino||Harrah's NJ Online Casino|
|Promo Code||none needed|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10|
|Bonus Offer||100% up to $300|
|Last Updated||October 2020|
All new players that register an account with Harrah’s qualify for a $10 free bonus money offer.
Once you claim this offer, it remains valid for seven days. To withdraw the bonus or winnings, players must satisfy playthrough conditions of 1x on slot play or 5x on roulette play or 10x on blackjack or video poker.
New players qualify for a 100% up to $300 first deposit bonus.
Players must wager 20 times the bonus at slots to withdraw any funds. Roulette and poker table games have a 100x wager requirement, while blackjack and video poker have a 200x wager requirement.
Players have 30 days to complete the requirements. The bonus releases in $10 increments.
While Harrah’s no deposit bonus may sound enticing, it’s actually pretty low on the totem pole as far as NJ registration bonuses go.
Assuming a slot payout percentage of just over 90 percent (a fair estimate), the cash value of the bonus is approximately $8. Most NJ online casinos offer somewhere between $10 and $30.
The welcome bonus, on the other hand, has its fair share of upsides. For one, it’s released in small $10 increments. That’s good news for casual players, who might find it difficult to unlock their funds if they were only released in one or a few large pieces.
Furthermore, the $300 bonus cap is on the higher end for NJ casinos. And the 30-day eligibility window is certainly not the shortest we’ve observed.
Finally, should a player lose their initial deposit, they can redeposit during the eligibility period and still work towards unlocking their bonus.
The only real downside to Harrah’s welcome bonus, and it’s a big one, are the wagering requirements.
In order to unlock a $10 chunk, players must earn 10 Tier Credits, which equates to:
Smart gamblers will recognize that the games offering the lowest house edge provide the worst cashback rate (.5 percent). It follows that slot players enjoy a much more favorable release rate (5 percent).
Then again, free money is free money, and wagering $60,000 to unlock $300 is still better than wagering that much and getting nothing in return.
Let’s start off by saying that Caesars Rewards is one of the most renowned and lucrative casino loyalty programs available today. Premier members enjoy a myriad of benefits ranging from room discounts, lounge access, appreciation gifts and annual retreats to Caesars Entertainment-affiliated destinations.
Thus, the fact that HarrahsCasino.com players can apply their earned credits towards their Caesars Rewards status is a pretty big deal.
There are four Caesars Rewards tiers. You can achieve higher tiers by accumulating a designated number of Tier Credits in a calendar year:
Online gamblers at HarrahsCasino.com are awarded one Tier Credit for every $20 wagered. That’s between one-quarter and one-half the earn rate offered by Caesars’ brick and mortar casinos, depending on the game played.
Once players link their online account to their Caesars Rewards, their online Tier Credit contributions will be automatically applied to their TR Tier Score. This process takes place at the end of each month.
For each Tier Credit awarded, players also receive a Reward Credit. You can convert these to online cash at a rate of $1 per 100 Reward Credits, which equates to a .05 percent cashback deal.
Like Tier Credits, you can transfer Rewards Credits to a Caesars Rewards account and then used for comps at a Caesars casino.
HarrahsCasino.com is powered by 888’s proprietary Dragonfish software. Dragonfish is the same platform utilized by 888’s world-renowned online casino, and also acts as the driving force behind the US-based WSOP.com poker room, as well as the 888-branded sites in New Jersey and Delaware.
New Jersey players will find the HarrahsCasino.com interface to be visual, intuitive, and loaded with bells and whistles.
For those looking to learn the ropes, without necessarily investing real-money, all Harrah’s online casino games can be played with play money in what is called demo mode.
You can access the software in one of a couple of different ways:
The Harrah’s mobile application seemingly has more games than its desktop version.
As for the virtual slot terminals, most are recognizable and popular slots that you find at brick-and-mortar and other online casinos. They have taken steps to increase their mobile offerings on a monthly basis, which is good for players.
As for the Harrah’s app, while it boasts myriad account management features, most of them aren’t built directly into the application. Instead, players will be often redirected to an outside browser, which is a nuisance at best.
Absent completely from the app is the Total Rewards sub-menu, which on the desktop software allows players to view their loyalty points balance and value. Also missing is the promotions tab.
As a small consolation prize, players can conduct basic cashiering functions from the app.
Harrah’s online casino is available for iOS and Android devices. Compare all NJ mobile casino apps.
Gamblers looking to try their luck playing old standbys such as blackjack, roulette, and video poker will feel right at home.
The casino claims it is one of the best places to play progressive slots. Considering that HarrahsCasino.com was the first regulated NJ casino to award a seven-figure jackpot, it’s difficult to argue with that claim. We recently counted a total of 19 progressive games.
Harrah’s offers four video poker variants: Jacks or Higher, Bonus Poker, Double Bonus Poker, and Double Double Bonus Poker.
For the most popular of the bunch, which is Jacks or Higher, the payout table closely resembles that of Game King’s Jacks or Better. The only difference is that, in Harrah’s game, quads only pay 20 units as opposed to 25, and straight flushes pay 40 units instead of 50.
These two changes reduce the game’s payback rate from 99.54 percent to 98.25 percent.
Harrah’s spreads two classic blackjack games.
American Classic Blackjack allows players to play up to five hands simultaneously at limits ranging from $1 all the way up to $10,000. The game permits double down on any two cards, double down after splitting and splitting of pairs once. Blackjack pays 3:2 and split aces receive just one card. The dealer hits a soft 17.
Generally speaking, these are fairly good rules for the player.
Harrah’s offers six roulette wheels.
The American and the standard version have two zeroes on the wheel. Conversely, the European wheel just has one zero spot, and therefore offers significantly better odds.
French Roulette also has just one zero, however, it offers the La Partage rule. This means that all even money wagers receive half of the bet back if the ball lands on zero. The French Roulette game offers the best roulette spread by Harrah’s.
All three variants are available in high-stakes versions as well.
Limits for the American, European and French games range from $5 to $2,000 per spin, while the limits for standard roulette are $1 – $300.
Harrah’s has expanded its slot selection to an impressive 340 games. Considering the casino offered a mere 12 titles at launch, this is an overwhelming improvement.
Additionally, Harrah’s now supports 19 jackpot slots, including Ultimate Genie — which can award a seven-figure payday. Other jackpots typically fall in the four-to-five digit range.
HarrahsCasino.com combats the payment processing issues plaguing some Visa/MasterCard users by offering a wide array of alternative options. The minimum deposit requirement for these options is $10.
Deposits methods include:
ACH bank transfers and Visa/MasterCard debit transactions are two ways to fund an account without paying any extraneous fees. Unfortunately, they’re also prone to high rejection rates (Visa especially). This isn’t as big a problem as it once was, but it’s still the most unreliable method.
Banking transfers, PayNearMe and Cash at the Cage are all viable alternative payment methods, but can force player to travel away from their home (Pay Near Me, Cash at the Cage), or are not available as withdrawal methods (online banking transfers).
PayPal funds must originate from bank transfers or an existing balance. You cannot use credit and debit cards to fund a deposit at Harrah’s Casino.
Speaking of which, HarrahsCasino.com only offers a few ways in which patrons can withdraw funds:
The good news is that the bar for cashing out is really low ($0 for Cash at the Cage and up to $50 for check), and there are no miscellaneous fees attached to payouts.
There are three ways to reach customer support:
While contacting Harrah’s support team via any of the aforementioned methods will generally lead to very quick response times, on average, phone representatives prove the most helpful.
Conversely, live chat agents are a bit dismissive, and all but the most simplistic email inquiries will have you wanting more detailed answers.
Before contacting support, you can seek answers to your queries from the site’s very extensive FAQ page.
– Shamrockers: rock on, Ireland! Wilds, Scatter Symbols and a Bonus Round that awards you with up to 240 Free Spins are the highlights of this 2016 IGT video slot. The visuals are sharp, the sound effects are crisp, and the game is well optimized for mobile play.
– Silent Movie: stylish black and white visuals really distinguish this slot from the crowd. It also has plenty of additional features, which include Free Spins Bonuses, Bonus Multipliers, and even a special minigame.
– Pixies of the Forest: if you like hot fairies and Tumbling Reels, then you should definitely check out this 99-payline slot. Once you score a winning combination, the symbols that were placed above it will tumble down, which often results in satisfying cascades of line wins.
– Da Vinci Diamonds: this classic five-reel slot still holds up in terms of presentation, but the gameplay feels kind of simplistic by modern standards. Special features are essentially limited to a Free Spins Bonus Round, but the 94.93% Return to Player rate keeps it fairly popular among the calculating slot aficionados.
– Judge Dredd: become judge, jury, and executioner in this 2014 video slot from NextGen’s stable. 5 reels, 25 lines, Wilds, Scatter symbols, Free Spins bonus round and a Gamble feature make it a blast to play.
– Big Foot: if you spot Big Foot on the reels of this fast-paced video slot, you can rest assured that you’re in for a hefty payout! 20 pay lines, Scatter symbols, and a Free Spins bonus round.
– Doctor Love: catch the charming doctor on your reels to win up to 5,000x your initial bet in this 5 reel slot! The Surfboard will send you to a Bonus Round, awarding you 20 free games with a 3x payout multiplier.
– Cash Stampede: win big or get trampled in this 243-line slot from NextGen’s stable. The Cash Stampede symbol is Wild and will stick to the reels in winning lines, triggering re-spins, which can then be re-triggered for massive payouts!
– The Snake Charmer: don’t worry, these snakes may be Wild, but they don’t bite! Get three Scattered Man symbols on the reels to trigger 10 free games. in this 25-line slot straight from NextGen Gaming.
– Bars and Bells: a 2011 slot with a classic fruit machine theme and Wild Symbols to spice things up. You can place an optional Streak Breaker bet to get a satisfying payout after five consecutive zero-win spins.
– An Evening With Holly Madison: this celebrity-themed slot has Expanding Wilds, Scatter Symbols and a few interesting bonus features, such as the Repeat Win Photo-shoot. 5 reels, 25 lines.
– Chilli Gold: get ready for a really spicy slot – with 5 reels, 40 pay lines, Wilds, Scatter Symbols and a Bonus Round, this game will keep you glued to the screen. The bonus round puts an additional Wild on the reels, making it easier to score a hefty payout.
– 88 Fortunes: test your luck in this 243-line slot straight from SG Gaming and Williams Interactive! 88 Fortunes comes with 10 Free Games, which can be re-triggered over and over again for some amazing payouts.
– Gorilla Go Wild: venture into the jungle in this 5-reel slots straight from NYX Gaming. Prepare for banana showers, sticky wilds and cool unlockable features.
– Merlin’s Millions: let the legendary wizard be your guide in this 5-reel video slot with 50 pay lines and amazing 3D visuals. Wilds, scatter symbols and two bonus rounds will keep you glued to the screen.