New York Mets Odds
New York Mets betting odds are increasingly popular thanks to the team’s growth and early success in 2022.
New general manager Billy Eppler made three signings in December with three-time Cy Young winner Max Scherzer, former All-Star infielder Eduardo Escobar and outfielder Mark Canha. A preseason trade then added starter Chris Bassitt. Those four joined a core of Francisco Lindor, Pete Alonso and, provided he returns well from injury, Jacob deGrom.
Now, the Mets are a popular choice at New Jersey online sportsbooks. Here’s a breakdown about how to bet on the team, including futures on the franchise to win its first pennant since 2015 and first World Series since 1986, along with betting tips and how to get started.
Today’s Mets odds: Moneyline, run line, totals
Here are the main Mets betting lines for the next game at top NJ online sportsbooks. Clicking on one of the listings will take you directly to that sportsbook to sign up and place bets.
Mets World Series odds
There has been a lot of activity in Queens to improve the roster. Yeah, we’ve seen this before in the offseason. However, the lineup is strong, and that’s an impressive starting rotation. Even in a tough NL East, the Mets appear to be positioned to contend. Below are the season-long odds for the Mets to win the East, the NL pennant, and World Series.
Scherzer Cy Young odds
Max Scherzer was the big prize of the Mets’ offseason. He enters 2022 just ten wins away from 200 for his career. It should come as no surprise that the three-time Cy Young winner is among the favorites to claim the award again.
Lindor MVP, Prop odds
There are so many National League MVP candidates in the NL East alone. The Mets’ top name on the odds board, at least early in the season, is Francisco Lindor. In his first year in the National League, he collected 20 home runs and 63 RBIs in 125 games, with .230/.322/.412 on the slashes. That represented a decline from his time in Cleveland, where he collected two Silver Sluggers and two Gold Gloves. He could certainly garner some consideration if he returns to those levels.
Betting on Mets team, player futures
It can be difficult to find season-long futures bets once the games start to count. These are often the most popular offseason bets and help people stay involved in the cold months.
How to bet on Mets games online in NJ
Wagering via a sportsbook app is many bettors’ preferred option in New Jersey. Getting started takes a few steps:
- Download: Most NJ mobile sportsbook apps are now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. You’ll usually find download links on individual sportsbook websites, as well. Make sure your device meets the system requirements before getting started.
- Create an account: Registration usually takes a few minutes. New customers will usually need an email, state-issued ID, Social Security number, and other specific information to get started. When creating an account, make sure to check PlayNJ for promo codes to get the book’s best bonuses for new players.
- Make a deposit: After your account is ready, add money to get started playing. There are a variety of ways to deposit, which the book will explain in detail. Some sites may ask for a specific deposit amount to qualify for a welcome bonus. When you add or withdraw money, we strongly recommend using a password-protected internet connection to safeguard sensitive data.
- Wager: There are a lot of options on the baseball pages of the best online sportsbooks. Placing a baseball bet online is as quick as a single tap on the odds. That will add your pick to your bet slip. You can then wager money on those odds or keep adding bets to create a parlay or other multi-leg bet. However, nothing is set until you click “place bet” to confirm your choice.
Best Mets betting app
Caesars Sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the New York Mets. The partnership includes opening the Caesars Sportsbook at the Metro Grille at some point at Citi Field during the 2022 MLB season.
The 13,000-square-foot “upscale” space will be on the stadium’s Excelsior Level. Plans call for a multi-tiered dining room and outdoor patio seating with panoramic views overlooking left field. Plus, bettors can earn Caesars Rewards points while wagering on the Mets run line, total runs or the over/under on how many strikeouts Jacob deGrom will have.
Bettors may notice special odds boosts for that next home game at Citi Field. Additionally, if you create an account and use the code LEGALFULL, you’ll qualify for up to $1,250 in first bet insurance.
You can sign up with Caesars via the exclusive link provided.
Live betting on the Mets
Online sportsbooks have grown to the point where they accept over 90% of wagers in the Garden State. Part of that dominance spawns from the emergence of live betting, which lets you follow the action as the game plays out, make predictions based on what’s happening and place a wager if you see some odds you like.
In addition to the standard pregame bets, live betting offers additional options, like the next team to score, result of the current at-bat, or props for pinch hitters or relief pitchers.
Odds and lines for live bets can shift often and drastically. They can also close quickly, so make sure to confirm a wager if you see something you want to bet on at odds you like.
Do the Mets have a sports betting partner?
Yes, Caesars Sportsbook is an official sports betting partner of the New York Mets. Besides a Caesars-branded lounge at Citi Field, the deal includes TV-visible in-game signage along with broadcast and digital content across Mets’ properties.
Can I bet on the Mets at Citi Field?
Some sportsbooks may require New Jersey customers to create a separate account to wager from New York.
Mets’ biggest rivals
There are a few teams that usually bring big crowds and betting action when they face the Mets:
- Philadelphia Phillies: The Mets’ worst record against any NL rival through 2021 is Philadelphia, at 495-532. Fans may remember some gut-wrenchers when the Phils overtook the Mets in the NL East in 2007 and ’08. So it’s not ALL Keith Hernandez’s fault. (Check out the latest Phillies odds here).
- Atlanta Braves: Since the Braves became part of the NL East in 1995, they’ve won 16 division titles, including the last four. They’ll likely be the biggest hurdle for the Mets to overcome this season.
- New York Yankees: Show me someone who’s friends with Yankees’ fans, and I’ll show you someone eligible for sainthood. The Subway Series is always electric. The Bronx Bombers may own a 76-58 edge versus the Mets entering 2022, but the two squads’ scheduled matchups could be the best quartet of regular-season games this year. (Check out the latest Yankees odds here).
Mets top 5 prospects for 2023
Here are the Mets’ best prospects entering the 2022 season, according to MLB.com:
- C Francisco Alvarez (No. 10 overall), currently in AA
- 3B/OF Brett Baty (No. 27 Overall), currently in AA
- SS Ronny Mauricio (No. 77 overall), currently in AA
- 1B/3B/OF Mark Vientos (No. 9 Ranked 3B), currently in AAA
- P Matt Allan, currently in High-A
New York Mets home games
Here’s some information on Citi Field, home of the Mets:
- Address: 41 Seaver Way, Flushing, Queens, NYC
- Capacity: 41,922
- Opened: 2009
- Hosted All-Star Game: 2013 (largest crowd to date, over 45,000)
How do I watch/listen to the Mets in NJ?
The Mets broadcast games on SNY and WPIX 11 locally. Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, and Ron Darling have the call. On the radio, tune into WCBS 880 AM, where Howie Rose and Wayne Randazzo bring fans the action.