Borgata Online Sportsbook Bonus Code for $100 in Bonus Bets
Borgata Sportsbook launched a little later than some of the other online sportsbooks in New Jersey when it went live on May 14, 2019, but that doesn’t change the fact that Borgata is a solid option for New Jersey sports betting. Try out Borgata Sportsbook today with $100 in bonus bets with a $20 bet.
The Borgata Sportsbook app is free for iOS and Android, and if you’ve used the BetMGM Sportsbook app, Borgata will be very familiar to you as both were produced in part by GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts, which partnered to form ROAR Digital.
This review gives you all the relevant information you need to open an account with Borgata and start placing bets. Not only do we cover the various sports you can bet on and wagers you can make, but also banking methods, customer support and how Borgata stacks up against other New Jersey sportsbooks. First up, though, we discuss Borgata’s welcome offer, which can net you $100 in bonus bets.
- New users get $100 in bonus bets.
- Sleek sportsbook app makes betting simple.
- Tons of betting options and sports to wager on.
- Ongoing promos can help you win more money.
Borgata Sportsbook welcome bonus
When you open a new account with Borgata Online Sportsbook, you can get $100 in bonus bets when you enter the Borgata NJ bonus code PLAYNJ and place a $20 bet. Please be aware, though, that you do not enter the bonus code during the registration process; instead, you input it when you make your first deposit.
We like this offer for a variety of reasons. First, what’s not to love about spending $20 to get $100? Second, if your $20 bet wins, you’ll end up with even more money. Third, instead of just getting a $100 bonus bet, Borgata splits its welcome bonus into $10 bonus bet credits.
That allows you to place multiple bets on whatever you choose, be it parlays, long shots, sure things or any combination of your choosing. Just be sure to not wait too long to use them, though, because the bets expire after seven days.
While you will find bigger bonus offers at other NJ sportsbooks, they generally require you to deposit or risk more money upfront.
Borgata Online Sportsbook Bonus Code 2023
|NJ Borgata Casino Bonus Code||PLAYNJ|
|Bet & Get Welcome Bonus||Bet $20, Get $100 in bonus funds|
|Online Since||May 14, 2019|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Borgata Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Borgata Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
While Borgata Sportsbook has a great welcome bonus, the available promotions after that are a little lacking. It does offer daily odds boosts for starters, though there is not a page or link where you can view all the current boosts. Instead, near the middle of the webpage or app is a scrollable marquee that shows all the current odds boosts.
Many of them are parlay boosts, and, unfortunately, you can’t always trust that the boosted odds are the best you’ll find on the site. Sometimes, based on how lines shift, you actually will end up with better odds for the exact same parlay simply by creating it on your own, so be sure to always check before just assuming the boosted odds are the best.
Borgata also runs promotions throughout the year that reward you for betting a certain amount of money. For instance, during basketball season, if you placed at least a $50 wager on a college basketball game, you would receive a $25 bonus bet that you could use for an NBA wager of your choosing. The key stipulation is that the college basketball bet requires odds of no less than -200.
Lastly, Borgata runs a parlay promotion where you can have your winnings increased by as much as 40% on parlays of four to seven legs. A four-leg parlay goes up by 15%, then 20% for five legs, 30% for six and finally 40% for a seven-leg parlay. Any extra winnings are awarded in bonus bets.
We recommend going to the Borgata promotion page each time you log in to view the current promos and to opt in to any of the bonus offers you want to use.
Is Borgata legal in New Jersey?
Yes, Borgata is a licensed and reputable online and retail sportsbook in the Garden State. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement granted Borgata a sports betting license, and its app launched in May 2019.
In order for users to legally wager on the app, they need to be within New Jersey state lines, and they also have to be a minimum of 21 years old. The location requirement is why you must have geolocation tracking on the device you are using to bet. If you don’t or you are not in NJ, you will be prohibited from making bets.
How to create a Borgata account in New Jersey
To create your account, head over to the Borgata app or website and click “Register.” After that, you must enter the following information:
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
Then you will need to answer four questions to help confirm your identity. If you are unable to correctly do so, you instead will have to submit some type of identification, like a driver’s license, to get your account up and running. As for the questions themselves, they will be personal queries like “What type of car have your purchased?” or “Which of these streets or hospitals is closest to your house?”
Borgata Sportsbook app in New Jersey
The Borgata Sportsbook app is available on Android and Apple devices and works equally well on both.
How to download the Borgata Sportsbook app
For starters, if you do not have the app, you can get it from the sportsbook website. Just click on the appropriate logo for either the iOS or Android app. After it finishes installing on your device, you can sign in or register.
Navigating the app
If you’ve used the BetMGM sports betting app, then getting the hang of the Borgata app will be simple, as they are virtually identical. The only major difference is that Borgata’s app also doubles as an online casino app. Unlike other dual sportsbook/casino apps, Borgata’s feels much more dedicated to the sportsbook portion, which is good news.
You can move around the app using either the headers across the top of the page or by utilizing those along the bottom. In addition to that, you can scroll down or simply use the search bar to find the events you would like to bet on.
How to bet
Every time you click on a wager, it is added to your bet slip, and that particular bet listing will change from light gray to light blue. Your bet slip also will have a small blue circle with a number in it. That number indicates how many selections currently are in your slip.
As you add selections, a gold bar will appear at the bottom showing the odds for a parlay based on your current picks. When you’re ready to bet, click on the slip and choose either parlay, straight or round robin bets. Then add your bet amount, confirm that you’re happy with the odds and your potential winnings and tap “Place bet.”
When it comes to doing other things on the Borgata Sportsbook app like contacting customer support, changing your odds preferences or updating your settings, you’ll want to click on “My account.” From there just tap on the appropriate section and you can make all the changes necessary.
If you want to go to the promotions page, you can either tap on the promotions icon at the bottom of the page or click on the promotions header under your account.
Other than the fact that the Borgata app is just a tiny bit slower than a few of the other sportsbook apps in New Jersey, it is a quality offering and one that we think the majority of users will be quite happy with.
Best features of the Borgata Sportsbook app
The Borgata sports betting app has lots of great features, but we picked out our three favorites here:
- Banking options: If you can’t find convenient ways to deposit and cash out at Borgata, you probably can’t at any online sportsbook in New Jersey.
- Easy parlays: We really enjoy how uncomplicated it is to create parlays using Borgata’s easy parlay maker. Simply click on “Easy parlay” and you’ll be able to select the sport and then the type of bet (moneyline, spread, total) you want. All the games are displayed, and within seconds you can have a parlay all set to go.
- Dual sportsbook and casino: Normally we are not fans of combined sportsbook and casino apps, but Borgata pulls it off extremely well. Other examples of the combo app usually leave the sportsbook feeling like nothing more than an afterthought. At Borgata, though, you barely know the online casino is there if it doesn’t interest you.
How could Borgata improve?
And here are three areas where we’d like to see the Borgata Sportsbook do better:
- Misleading bet boosts: Bet boosts are great, but only if they are actual boosts. Instead, at times, the promoted parlays at Borgata are actually worse than the odds you’d get from just creating a parlay. We’ve noticed that when this happens, the promoted boost usually is updated, but it still should never happen in the first place.
- Underwhelming help desk options: Having to answer a series of questions just to start a live chat is a little frustrating. But even more so is the fact that it remains your only option for talking to a Borgata service member directly. We wish there were at least a phone number to call and/or text.
- Bet slip settings: We find is disappointing that when you create a new account your betting slip presets are set for $50 wagers. Most other sportsbooks we’ve seen don’t automatically put anything there, while others will use the lowest wager possible. It just feels as if it’s encouraging people to wager more than they want, or even worse to accidentally place a bet they didn’t intend. You can change the setting by clicking My account > My account (again) > Settings > Betting settings > Bet slip.
Types of bets available at Borgata
You can place sports bets of pretty much every variety with Borgata. Here is our list, with explanations of what exactly you are betting on for each.
- Moneyline: For these bets, you are wagering on which team will win straight up. The favored team has a negative number, representing how much money you would need to bet for a chance to win $100. The underdog is listed with a positive number, which represents how much you would win from a successful $100 wager.
- Point spreads: These wagers require you to correctly identify the margin of victory. Teams that are favored must win by a specific amount, while underdog teams either can win outright or lose by a specific amount or less.
- Totals: You don’t need to worry about winners and losers when it comes to totals. The sole objective is to correctly predict how many points both teams will score in a game.
- Props: Here is another bet where the winner and loser are inconsequential. Prop bets are side bets on whether various things will occur during a game, such as if a particular player or team will reach a specific statistical accomplishment.
- Parlays: A multi-bet in which two or more bets are grouped together. If just one of your picks is incorrect, your whole parlay loses.
- Teasers: You make two or more selections against the spread and then modify the line in your favor for all your bets by the same amount. Just as was the case with parlays, one wrong selection and your entire teaser bet is lost.
- Round robins: Three or more bets that are combined in such a way that you can miss a pick and still win some money. Your winnings increase if you get everything right, though.
- Futures: These wagers are for long-range events, as opposed to merely betting on the next game up. Examples would be wagering on the New Jersey Devils to hoist the Stanley Cup or the New York Yankees to win the World Series.
- Live betting: And here we have an entirely different way to bet. Prior to mobile sportsbooks like Borgata all your bets needed to be in before a game got underway. Now betting on games in progress is commonplace. Borgata has a header titled “Live” that will show you all the ongoing events you can wager on at that time. Lines will constantly be moving based on the score, how much time is left and other factors.
Sports you can bet on at Borgata in New Jersey
Borgata Sportsbook offers betting markets for major college and pro sports leagues in the US and around the world. You can wager on every NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL game, along with the WNBA, UFC, MLS and both college football and NCAA basketball.
Don’t worry if you’re a NASCAR, PGA Tour or tennis fan, because you can bet on all those events, as well. Borgata also has international betting markets like the Champions League, English Premier League, World Cup and other international soccer leagues. You will even find betting markets for basketball’s EuroLeague and hockey’s KHL among others.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
Now it’s time to take a look at all the teams from New Jersey, or close by, that you can wager on at Borgata.
- First up we have the most popular sport to watch and wager on, and that’s the NFL. Right at home we have the New York Giants and New York Jets, both of which play home games in New Jersey, and there also are the Philadelphia Eagles, just on the other side of the Delaware River.
- The NBA is home to the Brooklyn Nets, formerly known as the New Jersey Nets, along with the Philadelphia 76ers and New York Knicks.
- In the NHL, we have the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Flyers, New York Islanders and New York Rangers.
- Major League Baseball has three teams in the surrounding major metropolitan areas: the New York Mets, New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies.
- In the WNBA you’ll find the New York Liberty.
- Major League Soccer has New York City FC, the Philadelphia Union and New York Red Bulls.
- When it comes to the NCAA, however, wagering on New Jersey college teams is prohibited in the state, as is wagering on any NCAA games or competitions taking place anywhere in the Garden State. You can still bet on neighboring colleges like Temple, Columbia or St. John’s, though.
New Jersey futures betting
Borgata Sportsbook offers plenty of futures markets, and it also makes its futures bets easy to find, which is not true about all New Jersey online oddsmakers.
Just click on the league or sport on which you want to place a futures bet, for example hockey. Along the left side of the screen is a header titled “Top competitions” and beneath that are listings for “NHL — division betting” and “NHL awards.” To bet on the eventual Stanley Cup champion, you have to look at the middle of the page. There you’ll see listings for “Games,” “Futures” and “Specials.” Under the specials heading is where you will find the odds for the Stanley Cup winner.
Just follow those same steps and you can make futures bets on the NFL, NBA, MLB and various other top sports leagues.
How to deposit and cash out on the Borgata app
Borgata’s online sportsbook might have more choices for depositing and withdrawing money than any other online sportsbook in the state. Here’s a look at all your options, starting with ways you can deposit:
- Credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express)
- Online bank transfer
- PayPal (bank accounts or PayPal balance only)
- ACH (e-check)
- Instant bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid debit card
- Wire transfer
And here are your options for making withdrawals from your Borgata account:
- ACH (e-check)
- Play+ prepaid debit card
- Check in the mail
- Online bank transfer
- Instant bank transfer
If all those methods weren’t enough, you also can make withdrawals and deposits at the casino cage at Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa in Atlantic City.
How to contact Borgata customer support
It actually is little bit of a process to contact Borgata’s customer support staff.
Start by selecting My account > Support > FAQ. Then you’ll need to answer questions to help determine exactly what it is you need help with. After that, if you still need help, there will be a message that reads, “Do you need any more help?”
At that point, click “Yes” and you now can start a live chat (which is available 24/7) or click on the email option and you will be able to send an email through your Borgata account.
Responsible gambling at Borgata New Jersey
In an effort to help promote responsible gambling, Borgata Sportsbook users have the ability limit how much time and money they spend on the app. They also can prohibit their access to the online sportsbook entirely for a length of time of their choosing.
By clicking on the responsible gambling tab on the Borgata website, you also can find information regarding what constitutes a gambling problem, some of the warning signs and then most importantly where to turn for help if and when you need it.
Where is the Borgata retail sportsbook?
Borgata’s retail sportsbook in New Jersey is located at Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. There are two retail sportsbooks on the premises: the Borgata Race & Sports Betting and BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar.
The Borgata location features 100 chairs with individual TV screens for personal sports viewing, 10 betting windows and betting kiosks. Keep in mind, though, that you can just use your smartphone, laptop or tablet to place all your bets, as well. The sportsbook is nonsmoking.
- Address: 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-317-1000
- Website: www.theborgata.com/casino/games/race-and-sports-book
- Amenities: 100 seats with personal TV screens and a video wall
- Betting: Ten betting windows and additional betting kiosks
- Hours: Monday-Friday starting at 11 a.m.*
Saturday-Sunday starting at 9 a.m.*
*Closing time changes based on sports programming
- Opened: June 14, 2018
Is Borgata the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
While Borgata is a good online sportsbook, it is not the best that New Jersey has to offer. Currently, it’s difficult to not consider both FanDuel and DraftKings better all-around offerings.
However, it might make the most sense to join all three sportsbooks and then you can shop around to find which one has the best odds for particular games and events while also taking advantage of the promotions at all three sportsbooks.
Borgata NJ Sportsbook FAQ
The Borgata Sportsbook bonus code is PLAYNJ. When you make your first deposit with Borgata and enter that code, you’ll receive $100 in bonus bets, in the form of $10 bet credits, after placing your first $20 bet. The bonus bets expire after seven days.
You must be 21 or older to bet at any sportsbook in New Jersey. You must be in the state when you place any wagers, as well. For that reason, you must have geolocation services installed and activated on the device you are using to access Borgata and place your bets.
Yes, Borgata was vetted and then licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. You can reach out and connect with the NJDGE with questions or concerns by emailing [email protected] or calling 609-984-0909.
You can bet on college sports using the Borgata Sportsbook app, but what you can’t do is bet on any NCAA games featuring teams from New Jersey or on any college events that are taking place in New Jersey. So no betting on Seton Hall, Rutgers, Princeton or any other New Jersey schools.
No, you can sign up for Borgata Sportsbook using either a smartphone, laptop, desktop computer or tablet. Open either the app or website, click register and then enter your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth and the final four digits of your Social Security number, and you’ll be all taken care of.
No. While some online sportsbooks are legal in other states at this time, Borgata is available only in New Jersey. You can deposit and withdraw money from outside the state on the Borgata app, and you can view lines and see how your bets are doing, but you can place wagers only if you are physically in the Garden State.