Golden Nugget Sportsbook NJ Bonus Code – $250 Bonus Bet
Golden Nugget Sportsbook offers folks in New Jersey the chance to bet on sports using their smartphones and tablets as well as the ability to try out the company’s online casino. That’s right, the app is a combination sportsbook and mobile casino. Try out Golden Nugget Sportsbook with an up to $250 bonus bet today.
In this review, we are going to be focusing on the sportsbook portion of the app. That means we’ll cover the Golden Nugget bonus code to land you that $250 bonus bet, all the sports you can bet on and types of wagers you can make, and how to make bets on the app.
Let’s start with the bonus code.
- New accounts receive a bonus bet up to $250
- Sportsbook app available to place wagers on the go.
- Numerous options for depositing and withdrawing money.
- Tons of betting markets and types of bets available.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook NJ welcome bonus: $250
The Golden Nugget bonus code is PLAYBONUS, and if you enter that code while signing up for a new Golden Nugget account, you’ll receive a bonus bet of up to $250.
This welcome bonus has very few terms and conditions to understand, but really all you need to know is this:
- The bonus bet only applies to your initial sports bet at Golden Nugget Sportsbook.
- To qualify, your wager needs to be a straight bet, not a multi-bet (parlay or teaser, e.g.).
- There are no minimum odds qualifiers.
- If your bet wins or loses, you receive a bonus bet credit in the amount of your initial wager, up to a maximum of $250.
- Then, if the bonus bet wins, you receive just the winnings, not the amount of the bet itself.
All things considered, Golden Nugget’s welcome offer is fairly outstanding, especially if your opening bet wins. Not having any odds requirements makes it all the better since you do have a chance to hit a fairly large bet right from the start at Golden Nugget, which really would sweeten the return from this offer.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook NJ bonus code 2023
|Golden Nugget NJ Bonus code||PLAYBONUS|
|Bonus bet||Up to $250|
|Online since||February 2019|
|Last updated||June 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Golden Nugget Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Golden Nugget Sportsbook New Jersey promotions
As we previously mentioned, Golden Nugget NJ is a combo sportsbook and casino, and when it comes to promos Golden Nugget tends to offer many more bonuses for online casino users, but there still are a few sportsbook promos to be aware of.
- Parlay boosts: The biggest sportsbook promotion that Golden Nugget offers right now is its parlay booster, which increases the winnings on your parlay bets by as much as 20%. The additions start at 3% for three-leggers and climb one percentage point for each addition leg until reaching the max of a 20% increase for a 20-leg wager. The one major provision to know is that each leg of your bet must have odds of -145 or more, so you can’t simply put “sure things” in there and get the boost.
- Daily odds boosts: Golden Nugget also offers daily odds boosts, known as Golden Lines, which are roughly the same as you will see at most sportsbook apps in the Garden State. Golden Lines are subject to maximum wagers of $25, and they also cannot be used in any type of multi-bet.
- Golden Rewards Club: You also can be rewarded for betting on sports thanks to the Golden Rewards Club. For every $100 worth of sports bets you place, you receive one point, and each day you can get 20 points by depositing between $50-$99 or 40 points by depositing $100 or more. Users then can redeem 100 Golden Points for $1 in cash that they can then wager or cash out.
While the promotions at Golden Nugget Sportsbook New Jersey are a little lackluster — especially compared to some other sportsbooks in the state — if you’re able to claim that 20% profit boost on a 20-leg parlay bet, you won’t be complaining one bit.
Is Golden Nugget legal in New Jersey?
Yes, Golden Nugget is a legal and legit sportsbook in New Jersey.
The Golden Nugget Sportsbook app went live in the Garden State on Feb. 19, 2019, after receiving a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which is in charge of regulating sports betting, among other things, in the state.
Bettors at Golden Nugget must adhere to New Jersey gambling laws, meaning they must be at least 21 years old and they also need to be physically in the state when placing bets. That second reason is why your computer, tablet or smartphone needs to have geolocation services set up. If the website or app is not able to establish that you are, in fact, in New Jersey, you won’t be authorized to submit any bets.
How to create a Golden Nugget account in New Jersey
To create a Golden Nugget account, all you need is a phone, tablet or computer and an internet connection, no MacGyver-ing needed. Just open the Golden Nugget app or website, click the “Sign up” button and then enter your following information:
- Cellphone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Home address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
After that, just remember to enter the bonus code to claim your bonus bet, and that’s it. Now all that remains is making a deposit, and then you can start placing some bets.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook NJ app – $250 bonus bet
We’ve already mentioned that the Golden Nugget app is a dual sportsbook/online casino, so don’t be alarmed when you open it and see a bunch of slot machine games. Just follow the instructions below, and you’ll be able to get the app for iOS or Android.
How to download the Golden Nugget app for New Jersey
To get the app on your device of choice — either Android or Apple — start by following one of our links to the Golden Nugget site. From there, choose the appropriate link for your device and follow the prompts from there to download and install the app. The app is called Golden Nugget Online Casino, but trust us, it features the Golden Nugget online sportsbook.
Navigating the Golden Nugget app
Each time you open the Golden Nugget app, you will find yourself at the online casino homepage, and a window with your Golden Nugget “feed” will appear. To remove the feed, simply click the red arrow, and it will disappear.
Then to navigate from the casino to the sportsbook, select the football logo with the word “Sports” underneath it at the top of the screen. Once you reach the Golden Nugget Sportsbook portion of the app, you can easily cruise around and find the sports bets you want to place.
How to bet on the Golden Nugget sports betting app
As you click on bets you like, a red betting slip icon will appear at the bottom middle of your screen. A small number shows exactly how many bets you have in your bet slip at that time.
When you are ready to make your bet, click on the Golden Nugget bet slip icon, and it will open up. There are tabs along the top that allow you to effortlessly place single, parlay, system or teaser bets. If your parlay bets qualify for Golden Nugget’s parlay booster, there will be a small display of the increase your bet stands to receive.
The only step left is adding the amount you want to wager and then tapping the “Place bets” button. Always make sure to check your bets carefully before submitting, because once you do, there’s no going back.
Other Golden Nugget app areas
There are links along the top and right side of the screen that make moving around in the app very easy. There are tabs on top for the sportsbook, casino, live dealer games, promotions, cashier and help desk.
Obviously the promotions page will display all the bonus offers at Golden Nugget, while the cashier is where you’ll go whenever you need to make a withdrawal or deposit. Along the right side of the screen are headers for your account, feed, bonuses and for contacting support or making a quick deposit.
Overall, the Golden Nugget app is a little harder to get used to than most online sportsbook apps, but that’s simply because it’s an online casino and sportsbook app in one. Nevertheless it still is pretty easy to figure out, especially if you have any experience with mobile sports betting.
Types of bets available on Golden Nugget in NJ
Golden Nugget offers a slew of sports betting options, making it a great choice for sophisticated and novice bettors alike.
- For the vast majority of games at Golden Nugget, you will see the spread, moneyline and over/under odds displayed. Spread bets are wagers where you need to worry about the margin of victory. For moneyline bets, all you need to do is choose the winning side. And when it comes to over/unders, the winner is irrelevant because these are bets on the total combined score of both teams in a game.
- When you click on individual games, all the available bets will display. And that’s where you’ll find prop betting options. Prop bets are side bets on specific player, team or game occurrences that are separate from the final score. You might bet on how many rushing yards or rebounds a player will finished with. Or maybe you choose a prop on whether a specific player will homer or score a goal.
- When you start combining bets together, you are creating parlays. These wagers require you to make at least two selections, and you win only if all your selections are correct.
- Teaser bets are another form of multiple bet. Teasers require making football or basketball spread bets. Next you are able to move the line in your favor for all your selections. You’ll notice when you move the line that your bet odds will change accordingly.
- The final type of multi-bet is the round robin. With round robins, you make a minimum of three selections, but you can still win some money if you get one of your picks wrong. If you get them all right, though, you would of course win more.
- Futures wagering allows you to focus more on the big picture, as opposed to worrying about each individual game. With futures betting, you get to bet on the teams that will win the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals or Stanley Cup, for example. Usually the later in the season it gets, the shorter the odds will get for the top teams to win it all.
- Then there’s live betting, which is a way to wager as opposed to a specific type of wager. Live betting is just what its name implies: betting on games that are live, meaning you can bet after the game starts. When you click on games under the “Live” header, you will see all the betting options for that particular event. Be prepared to see giant line swings if and when game-changing events happen.
Sports you can bet on at Golden Nugget in New Jersey
While Golden Nugget Sportsbook does not have as many sports to wager on as a few other New Jersey sportsbooks, mainly what you’re missing out on is auto racing and very fringe sports like rugby. Now, if NASCAR is your sport and you need to be able to bet on it, then Golden Nugget may not be right for you.
For everyone else, you can bet on the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, UFC, golf, tennis and both NCAA basketball and football. However, there is one interesting peculiarity you should know about Golden Nugget when it comes to NBA betting. You cannot bet on any games involving the Houston Rockets because Tilman Fertitta is the owner of both Golden Nugget and the Rockets.
Golden Nugget has tons of soccer markets to choose from, too: there’s MLS in the US and leagues like the Champions League, La Liga and the EPL, along with the World Cup, when it comes to international soccer.
Again, as long as auto racing is not what you need in a sportsbook, you should be very much taken care of at Golden Nugget Sportsbook in New Jersey.
New Jersey sports teams you can bet on
Now it’s time to take a look at the most popular teams for New Jersey locals to bet on.
- In the National Football League, you can hitch your wagon to the New York Jets or New York Giants, as both teams play at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, despite repping New York on their uniforms. And there are the Philadelphia Eagles in neighboring Pennsylvania.
- The National Basketball Association has another team with major ties to the Garden State in the Brooklyn Nets, who for years were the New Jersey Nets. You also have the New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers.
- The National Hockey League is home to the one actual New Jersey team, the New Jersey Devils, and there are three other hockey teams close by in the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Islanders and New York Rangers.
- Rounding out the big four sports is Major League Baseball and the New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies and New York Mets.
- Major League Soccer has another two New York clubs (New York City FC, New York Red Bulls) and one Pennsylvania team (Philadelphia Union).
- The WNBA has just one team nearby: the New York Liberty.
- Despite the fact that there are eight Division I schools in New Jersey with basketball and/or football teams, you are not allowed to wager on any of them at any NJ sportsbook. That is because state law does not allow for wagering on any college games featuring a team from the Garden State. You also are banned from wagering on any college games taking place in New Jersey. Nearby schools like Columbia, Penn, St. John’s and Temple are OK to bet on, however.
New Jersey futures betting
Surprisingly, when we checked in February 2021, Golden Nugget NJ did not offer any futures betting markets.
Most sportsbooks will offer odds on teams to win the NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB championships, as well as on players in those league to take home regular season awards like rookie of the year and most valuable player.
We will update if Golden Nugget begins offering futures odds and let you know the types of markets you will find there.
How to deposit and cash out on the Golden Nugget app
Arguably the best part about Golden Nugget is the number of ways you can fund and withdraw money from your account. Here’s how to deposit at Golden Nugget:
- Credit card
- Online bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
- ACH, e-check
And when it comes time to cash out, you will be able to use any of the following options:
- Play+ prepaid card
- ACH, e-check
- Check in the mail
- Wire transfer
Your final option to deposit and withdraw at Golden Nugget is by going to Golden Nugget Casino Atlantic City, home of The Sportsbook at Golden Nugget. Complete information about Golden Nugget’s retail sportsbook appears below.
How to contact Golden Nugget customer support
If you come across any road bumps using the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app, you can reach the customer service department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If your matter is not super urgent you can email ([email protected]), or if you need help immediately you can call (855-873-1010) or launch a live chat on either the app or website.
In case you’re just after a little info, you can check the help page to see if you can find what you’re looking for on your own.
Responsible gambling at Golden Nugget New Jersey
As an online sportsbook, Golden Nugget affords patrons the ability to set limits on their own to help prevent problem gambling. Users have the option of restricting the amount they can deposit, the amount of money they can lose or just simply the amount of time they can spend on the Golden Nugget app.
You also will find advice on the app and website on what to do if you think you might have a gambling problem.
Where is the Golden Nugget retail sportsbook?
The Golden Nugget retail sportsbook is located at Golden Nugget Casino Atlantic City. That is where you will find The Sportsbook at Golden Nugget. The location is where the poker room used to be and takes up 2,500 square feet, includes 50 TVs and has seating for over 100 people. Just as is the case with the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app, you cannot place bets on the Houston Rockets due to the potential conflict of interest of one person owning both entities.
- Address: 500 Huron Ave., Atlantic City, NJ
- Phone: 609-441-2000
- Website: www.goldennugget.com/atlantic-city/casino/the-sportsbook
- Amenities: More than 50 TVs, five video walls and seating for over 100
- Betting: Four in-person betting windows; nine self-service kiosks
- Hours: Monday-Tuesday, closed but kiosks are still available
Wednesday-Friday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Opened: Aug. 15, 2018
Is Golden Nugget the best sportsbook in New Jersey?
Golden Nugget is definitely among the best sportsbooks in New Jersey. There are just a few too many quirks about it that prevent it from being the overall No. 1.
The bonus bet welcome bonus is a high-quality offer, but the overall promotions are lacking in comparison to other NJ online sportsbooks, and the fact that you can’t bet on the Houston Rockets could end up being a big deal for some NBA fans.
The Golden Nugget app is still a very solid offering and you should feel 100% comfortable using it for betting on sports and for playing at the online casino if you plan on doing that as well.
Golden Nugget NJ FAQ
The Golden Nugget bonus code is PLAYBONUS. New customers who enter it during the sign-up process will have their first bet matched, up to $250, with bonus bets.
Because Golden Nugget Sportsbook has been licensed in the Garden State by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. That makes Golden Nugget a sportsbook you can trust to protect your cash as well as your private data. Offshore sites are neither regulated or licensed, meaning you should trust them very little. It is never wise to do business with unregulated offshore sites.
To legally bet on sports, you have to be 21 or older in New Jersey. Another requirement is you have to actually be in the state while placing a bet. That is why you must have geolocation software on your phone, tablet or computer. If Golden Nugget cannot affirm that you are in NJ, you won’t be able to bet.
No. Sadly under New Jersey gambling law you can’t place bets on games involving any college teams from the state. It also is illegal for sportsbooks to accept wagers for any NCAA events that are taking place in the Garden State.
No. While Golden Nugget does have an app, you can place all your bets and make deposits and withdrawals by using the website. The app does make betting on your tablet or smartphone easier, though, so we advise downloading it and giving it a try.
Not really. While you can check lines and put money into or pull money out of your account, you can’t place bets outside of New Jersey. The lone exception is Michigan, where Golden Nugget Sportsbook also has been legalized, but even there you will need to use a separate Golden Nugget app specifically for the Great Lake State.