PlayMGM vs Our Featured Casino – Golden Nugget
- Table Games
- Live Dealer Games?
- Total Games
After taking control of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in 2016, MGM announced it would be launching playMGM-branded online poker and casino sites under Borgata’s internet gaming operator’s license by the end of 2017.
Both sites have since launched with software provided by longtime Borgata partner GVC Holdings Inc.
The playMGM-branded online poker site shares player pools with the Borgata / NJ partypoker network. The playMGM New Jersey online casino site launched with over 200 online slots and a variety of popular online casino games.
playMGM online casino platform
Since launching in July 2017, the playMGM online casino has used the same GVC Holdings online casino software platform successfully employed by MGM’s Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa and its online gambling sites.
playMGM Casino software
playMGM utilizes the same casino platform as its network partner Borgata.
- Downloadable client: The playMGM online casino software is available for direct download from the casino’s main page.
- Browser-based client: The playMGM online casino is also accessible via most updated browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari.
- Mobile app: A limited version of the playMGM online casino is available for Android and iOS devices. At present, the mobile app only grants access to a limited number of the casino’s slot game library. However, registration, profile, and basic cashiering functions. are accessible.
playMGM online casino mobile app review
The playMGM online casino mobile app is a limited version of the online casino product.
Through mobile devices players only have access to just a few of the more than 200 games available from the desktop client. Traditional casino games including:
All those games are represented, but not in the same kind of numbers they are on the desktop version of the playMGM online casino. The selection of games is really rather limited.
However, the mobile app offers a stable connection with both WiFi and 4G functionality. It includes minor lag times, bugs and slow initializing times on par with the rest of the mobile casino app market in New Jersey. In fact, the overall gaming experiencing is similar to what one has come to expect from other mobile apps in this market.
That said, the playMGM app does offer mobile gaming in New Jersey. Despite its limits, the infrastructure is in place which would allow it to grow, should MGM go that route in the future.
The playMGM online casino mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices.
The market-leading Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa was actually the first Atlantic City casino to obtain an internet gambling license by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement. It launched its own Borgata-branded online gaming sites soon after in November 2013.
It has since added sites from several partners now operating under the Borgata’s internet gambling licence.
In addition to the playMGM casino and poker sites that launched in July 2017, the online gaming sites now operating under Boragata’s license include:
What games are available at playMGM?
The playMGM casino lobby is shows almost 220 games, including as many as 199 slot titles and 20 table games as well as a variety of video poker titles.
There is a decent-sized collection of slots, including progressive slots with growing jackpots. The site’s table game selection is otherwise limited with just roulette, craps, Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker, and a few variations of blackjack represented.
Blackjack at playMGM
playMGM offers just three different blackjack games. These games include:
- Multi-Hand Blackjack Pro
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack Multiplayer
playMGM online roulette
playMGM offers two roulette games. These include:
- American Roulette Pro with two zeros and an increased house edge
- European Roulette Pro with just one zero and a smaller house edge
Video poker options at playMGM
These are all the video poker games available at playMGM:
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Jacks or Better (II)
- Deuces Wild
- Regal Poker
- Double Regal Poker
- Double Double Regal Poker
- Triple Play Draw Poker Multi-Hand
- Five Play Draw Poker Multi-Hand
- Jester Poker
Other non-slot games at playMGM online
Craps, Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker, and a Keno game called Mega Ball Action are also available on playMGM.
Slots at playMGM
playMGM offers 199 slot titles. Many are the same ones that you will find at Atlantic City casinos and other New Jersey online casinos.
Featured slots on the site include:
- Wheel Of Fortune On Tour
- Epic Monopoly II
- 88 Fortunes
- Cats Cleopatra
- Melon Madness
- Siberian Storm
- Raging Rhino
- Davinci Diamonds
In addition to some listed above, other Jackpot slots on the site include:
- Biker Pigs
- Money Boat
- Candy Store
- Pirate’s Booty
- Casino Bonus
- Game Selection
the playMGM online casino carries with it the reputation of one of the most trusted names in US gambling and it does a decent job of upholding it. The software is top-of-the-line, the promotional bonuses are the best in the business and while the game library isn’t the largest in the industry, there are no glaring omissions. We give the casino high marks for promotional vale, banking options and average marks for support.
Bottom line: playMGM has the name and staying power to find enduring success in the NJ online gaming sphere.
playMGM bonus code
Last verified: August 22, 2017
New player Welcome Package at playMGM online casino
Here is what comes in the playMGM Welcome Package:
- $25 in Free Play good on all playMGM casino games
- A 100 percent first deposit match of up to $2,000. Minimum $10 deposit.
Both bonuses come with a with a 20-times wagering requirement.
The new player Welcome Package at playMGM online casino is among the most generous offers in the New Jersey online casino market.
Plus, while almost all of New Jersey’s online casinos offer a 100 percent first depost match bonus, all are limited to less than the up to $2,000 one can claim at playMGM.
If NJ online casino patrons were hoping MGM would try to make a big splash and gain market share on launch, they were rewarded when the site launched in July 2017 with one of the most generous offers out there.
The one drawback is a rather onerous 20-times wagering requirement, but it is the same for all games.
Both offers expires seven days after account registration.
Ongoing short-term promotions
– Cyber Monday Bonus Back (November 27 only): make a single deposit of $50 to earn 20% cashback on the losses you incurred on Monday.
– Black Friday 3X iRewards Points (November 24, 2017): play your favorite casino games on Black Friday and earn three times more iRewards Points.
– Black Friday Free Spin (November 24, 2017): log in on Black Friday an take a $1 spin for free.
– Turkey Day FreePlay (November 23, 2017): get up to $100 for free and clear your bonus by completing the 6x play through.
– 100% MORE FREEPLAY (November 16 only, 2017): sign-in between 4:00PM and 11:59PM, make a deposit of at least $100 and receive a $100 FREEPLAY bonus.
– Power Play Bonus (November 1, 2017 only): opt-in to the promotion through the “my promotions” tab, accumulate a minimum of 400 iRewards Points, and receive a $25 freeplay bonus.
– Halloween Guaranteed Bonus (October 27-29, 2017): opt-into the Hocus Pocus Treat promotion through the “my promotions” tab in your PlayMGM account and receive up to $500 in freeplay. Subject to a 20x wager requirement.
– $10 Freeplay (October 16-17, 2017): deposit a minimum of $50 with PlayMGM to instantly using promo code BIG10 to receive $10 in Freeplay. Play through the bonus amount 20 times to clear it and to automatically an additional Freeplay bonus, ranging from a guaranteed minimum of $50 to a maximum of $500.
– Trip on the Strip (Fridays in October 2017): your chance to win a 3-night stay at a Las Vegas MGM resorts hotel plus $1,000 in cash for expenses and travel. In order to qualify for the weekly drawing, log into your playMGM account on a Friday during October and opt into the Trip on the Strip promotion – this will automatically grant you one entry. You can then earn additional entries by accumulating 10 iRPs on that same Friday, up to a maximum 11 extra entries, for a total of 12.
That’s not all. In addition to the one Las Vegas trip awarded per week, 400 lucky players will receive $25 bonus Freeplay throughout the month. Remember: the more entries you have, the better your odds of winning the main or secondary prizes. Players must wager Freeplay money 20 times to release the bonus.
– October Casino Rewards (throughout October 2017): earn up to $200 in bonus casino freeplay by accumulating iReward Points throughout the month. Bonuses start at $1 for 100 points, all the way to $200 for 10,000 points. A good offer for both seasoned gamblers and beginner players. Freeplay bonuses must be wagered 20 times within 30 days of issuance. No op-in is required to take advantage of this promotion.
– October daily bonus (throughout October 2017): playMGM is awarding players with a random bonus on every day of October. Simply log-in to your account and opt into the promotion from your “my promotions” tab and see what the casino has in store for you. Bonuses can be in the form of Freeplay or extra iRewards Points. All freeplay bonuses are subject to a 20x playthrough requirement. Up to 31 prizes up for you to grab – one for every day of the month.
playMGM Casino VIP rewards program
playMGM launched with its own playMGM iRewards Loyalty Program allowing players to earn iReward Points for each each spin on a slot or bet on a table game.
Points can be redeemed three ways, including:
- Express Comps at any MGM Resort good for booking hotel rooms, enjoying restaurants or seeing shows at MGM properties
- Bonus dollars good for use on the casino and poker sites
- Online store items
The iRewards program is a tiered loyalty program with identical reward levels to the M Life Rewards program for brick and mortar casino.
- Pearl (Starts at 25,000 points)
- Gold (Starts at 75,000 points)
- Platinum (Starts at 200,000 points)
- Noir (By invitation only)
The more you play online, the quicker you collect iReward Points and reach the next iRewards tier.
At the outset, players earn a single iReward Point for every:
- $5 bet on slots
- $10 on Progressive/Jackpot slots
- $20 on video poker
- $25 on Blackjack, Craps, and Roulette
The playMGM iRewards Loyalty Program tiers makes it easy to rack up points with increased volume on the site. Plus, the fact they can be used at MGM properties around the country makes this one of the best loyalty programs available in the NJ online casino market today.
iReward points can be redeemed for cash at a rate that varies depending on your account level, ranging from 1,000 points per $10 for Sapphire account holders, all the way to 700 points per $10 for Platinum members.
The addition of an online store with valuable merchandise only enhances the program.
The playMGM online casino also offers a number of regular promotions, including offering bonus cash for hitting daily or monthly iReward targets and making deposits on chosen days throughout the month.
PlayMGM daily bonuses
- $20 for 20: log into your account on a Monday for a chance to win $20. Bonus funds are awarded randomly. A 20x wagering requirement applies.
- Power Play Wednesday: deposit a minimum of $25 on a Wednesday and accumulate iReward Points to claim Freeplay bonuses. Maximum bonus value is $210 and can be achieved by accumulating 5,000 iReward Points. Minimum value is $25 and requires 25 points. All bonuses carry a 20x playthrough requirement. Don’t forget to opt-in.
- Throwback Thursday: starting at 4 pm on Thursdays, receive one free slot spin per hour, up to a maximum of five. You must remain logged into your account to receive your spins. Opt-in required.
- You deposit. We raise: deposit at least $50 on a Sunday and get an extra $10 in freeplay. 20x wagering requirement.
The playMGM online casino features a number of ways to get money on and off the site.
- Instant e-checks (ACH)
- Online banking transfers
- Visa / MasterCard
- 7-Eleven Pay Near Me
- Cash at the Borgata casino cage
Instant e-checks and online banking transfers are the most reliable and affordable means of funding an account, but for those experiencing high rejection rates or who do not possess a checking account, the Neteller third-party payment processors is a viable alternative.
Visa and MasterCard are also options, although at the present time credit card transaction acceptance rates are mediocre.
As far as withdrawal options, players may procure their funds via:
- Cash at the cage
- Check by mail
playMGM Casino customer service
playMGM’s customer service team can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week by email and phone. There is also an online help section and FAQ on the website that can help solve most common issues a player may run into on the site.
Background on playMGM online casino
MGM bought out partner Boyd Gaming’s 50 percent interest in Borgata in 2016. The company expressed an interest in expanding its existing New Jersey online gambling portfolio to include MGM-branded sites at that time.
Borgata opened in Atlantic City in 2003. It has been the top-grossing casino property in Atlantic City ever since.
Amenities include a 2,000-room casino-hotel and a 161,000-square-foot casino. The casino itself hosts close to 3,500 slot machines and more than 250 table games. Borgata is also home to the East Coast’s premier poker room with as many as 90 tables.
The property boasts world-class dining and entertainment options, including restaurants designed by world-famous chef’s and a 2,400-seat Event Center that regularly hosts A-list entertainers. There is also a 1,000-seat theater and four of Atlantic City’s most-popular nightlife spots.
Borgata is also home to a 54,000-square-foot spa, a number of specialty retail boutiques at Via Borgata, and The Water Club 800-room luxury boutique hotel.
Of course, Borgata already held an internet gaming license in New Jersey, hosting a number of online casino and poker sites since the launch of online gaming in the state in November 2013.
New games recently added to PlayMGM
– Wild West: launched in September 2014, this cowboy-themed slot from NextGen Gaming includes phenomenal graphics and sound effects. The game is set inside a wild west saloon and comes with free spins, Scattered Chip-Stacks, SuperBets, a free spins round, and an exciting gamble feature.
– Zeus – God of Thunder: this Greek mythology-themed slot game from Williams Interactive features five jackpots, ranging in size from around 36 to 3,000 credits. The design and sound effects resemble something from the famous Gladitor movie. The Zeus symbol pays the highest- 7.5x for five of them. Five reels and 30 ways to win.
– Prosperity Twin: a new Chinese-themed game, developed by NextGen and provided by NextGen and NYX, was added to PlayMGM’s slot selection. The scenery in the backdrop is awe-inspiring, and among the game’s most enchanting symbols are emerald hearts, golden hats, ancient Chinese ships, and an abacus. This game comes with 243 paylines, a Wild, and free spins.
– Fu Dao Le: a Chinese-themed slot with a progressively enlarging jackpot and 243 lines. Landing three or more Gong Scatters awards players with as many as 8 free spins. The jackpot is won when two Red Envelope symbols appear anywhere on the screen. The bright visuals and flashy effects are appealing and are sure to provide tons of entertainment.
– Dr Jekyll Goes Wild: a 5-reel, 10 payline slot game featuring the famous Dr. Jekyll character from Robert Stevenson’s story. Symbols include a lantern, Dr. Jekyll himself, a guest book, a half-Jekyll/half-Hyde, and the standard T to A card values, among others. Dr. Jekyll is Wild and substitutes for other symbols to complete paying combinations. There are multiple ways to trigger free spins, including landing at least three Scatters or taking advantage of the Big Bet option. Up to 75 free spins in a round and as much as 98% RTP.
– Owl Eyes: this slot game is a joint project between NextGen Gaming, NYX, and SkillOnNet. It was released on August 13, 2014, and has been an instant hit at multiple online casinos due to the spooky graphics and up to 50 paying lines. Symbols include an ant eater, mushrooms, an owl feather, and, of course, an owl. The full moon is the Scatter and can pay up to 100 times the player’s bet. The Owl is the bonus symbol, appearing on reels two, three, and four.
– Andre the Giant: yet another slot game from NextGen Gaming. Released in 2011, this wrestling-themed game features symbols such as a wrestling mask, chair, tickets, a hot dog, and various memorabilia. Andre himself is Wild, appearing only on reels two and for and helping complete winning combinations. In addition, Andre automatically covers all slots on any reel he lands on. Landing three Scatters on the screen initiates the Battle Bout Bonus round, where players get 10 free spins and a chance to watch Andre in action!
- PlayMGM vs Our Featured Casino – Golden Nugget
- playMGM online casino platform
- What games are available at playMGM?
- Editors review
- playMGM bonus code
- Ongoing short-term promotions
- playMGM Casino VIP rewards program
- PlayMGM daily bonuses
- playMGM cashiering
- playMGM Casino customer service
- Background on playMGM online casino
- New games recently added to PlayMGM