Philadelphia Phillies Odds
The Philadelphia Phillies haven’t been close to a championship since they went to back-to-back World Series in 2008/2009. However, there’s renewed hope among Phillies fans.
Those fans are back at Citizens Bank Park this year as the Phillies are playing in the National League Championship Series for the first time since 2010. First-year Manager Rob Thomson, reigning NL MVP Bryce Harper and pitcher Aaron Nola are leading the charge toward the NL Pennant and hopefully World Series.
Does that mean it’s time to start betting on the Phillies again? That’s up to you, but you don’t have to go far to do so as New Jersey online sportsbooks have all the best available Phillies odds for the MLB season.
Today’s Phillies odds: Moneyline, run line, totals
See below for the best available odds at NJ online sportsbooks for today’s Phillies game. Click on any odds to go directly to the sportsbook, claim your bonus and get your bets started.
Phillies World Series odds
Think this is the year the Phillies put it all together and return to the World Series? Below find the latest Phillies futures odds at NJ online sportsbooks, including winning the NL East, winning the NL pennant or winning the World Series. Click on any odds to head to the sportsbook, claim your bonus and start locking your bets in:
Bryce Harper MVP, Prop Odds
The Phillies signed Bryce Harper to a 13-year, $330 million contract in 2019 — at the time the richest contract in baseball history. And Harper has delivered, for the most part. Whether that makes Harper a good bet to win a second NL MVP award in 2021 is up to you. See below for the best current Harper MVP and prop odds at New Jersey sportsbooks.
Betting on Phillies team, player futures
The MLB futures market is where you can bet on how the Phillies, or any other MLB team, will do for the season, and potentially postseason, as a whole. That means you can place bets on teams to win over or under a set number of regular season games, win their division, make the postseason, win the pennant or win the World Series. Most MLB futures odds are first available in the offseason and move around all year long based on how the things are playing out.
However, you lock in the current odds at the time you place your bet. Here’s how the Phillies futures odds looked at the start of the 2022 MLB season:
- Phillies to win the World Series (+2500)
- Phillies to win the National League (+1200)
- Phillies to win the NL East (+380)
- Phillies to make the MLB postseason (Yes -120/No +100)
- Phillies to win over 85.5 games (Over -115/Under -105)
You can see above how the stand now. Of course, the MLB futures market also includes player futures. Look above for the latest Bryce Harper futures odds, or check with sportsbooks in New Jersey, which will likely have futures like:
- Zach Wheeler at +1000 to win the NL Cy Young.
- Bryce Harper at +2000 to lead the MLB in home runs.
- Nick Castellanos at +3000 to win NL MVP.
These will obviously change throughout the year. To stay on top of the latest Phillies futures odds, check the feed above or check our dedicated futures odds feed here.
Betting tips for Citizens Bank Park games
When Citizens Bank Park opened in 2004, it was branded as a great hitter’s park, but that may have been more about the hard hitting lineups the Phillies had than anything else. In each of its first few years, the ballpark was near or at the top for total home runs hit there. However, the walls were moved back in 2007, and Citizens Bank Park has been only a slightly above average offensive ballpark in more recent years.
Still, from 2010 to 2016, hitters at Citizens Bank Park produced 101 runs for every 100 runs in the average MLB ballpark and 117 home runs for every 100 home runs in the average MLB ballpark. That’s why it’s still considered a hitter’s park, which is something you should keep in mind when betting on games there.
Which teams do the Phillies have the best and worst record against?
Here is a look at how the Phillies have done against their rivals in the National League and NL East in particular:
- Among their current NL East opponents, the Phillies have done their best against the Miami Marlins (.543 winning percentage) and their worst against the Atlanta Braves (.478).
- Philadelphia has a winning lifetime record against every other NL East team outside of Atlanta (1,184-1,293) — Miami (252-212), New York Mets (528-491) and Washington Nationals (452-437).
- Among other National League opponents, the Phillies have their best record against the Colorado Rockies (.556) and worst record against the San Francisco Giants (.424).
Phillies’ expected rotation
Here’s a look at the Phillies’ starting pitching for 2022:
- Zack Wheeler: 14-10 with Philadelphia in 2021.
- Aaron Nola: 9-9 in 2021 and 12-5 in 2020.
- Kyle Gibson: 6-3 with the Rangers and 4-6 with Philadelphia in 2021.
- Ranger Saurez: 8-5 with the Phillies in 2021 with four saves.
- Zach Eflin: 4-7 in 2021 and 4-2 in 2020.
Who is the Phillies closer?
With Hector Neris now pitching for the Houston Astros, Corey Knebel is the favorite to take over as the Phillies closer. He was signed to a one-year deal last fall. Knebel has experience as a closer, saving 39 games for the Milwaukee Brewers during the 2017 season.
Health remains the biggest question mark as the right-hander had Tommy John surgery during the 2019 season. Pitching last season for the Los Angeles Dodgers, he missed three months with a lat strain.
Lefty Brad Hand and righty Jeurys Familia will be the setup men. Righty Seranthony Dominguez could be the wild card in the bullpen mix.
Relief pitching, as a whole, has been a major area of weakness for the Phillies as the bullpen had 34 blown saves last season.
Phillies betting lines explained
Most New Jersey sportsbooks will post game lines for Phillies games that will look like this:
- Philadelphia Phillies (A. Nola) +1.5 (-110) +155 O 4.5 (-110)
- New York Mets (J. deGrom) -1.5 (+110) -175 U 4.5 (-110)
The names in brackets are those of the starting pitchers. After that, you can see three basic game lines.
The first is the run line. Standard run lines are 1.5. A negative number means bets on that team win if it wins by two runs or more. A positive number means bets on that team win if it avoids losing by two runs or more. The odds on run line bets are in parentheses. Negative odds tell you how much you must bet to win $100 plus your bet back. Positive odds tell you how much you stand to win, plus your bet back, for every $100 that you bet. Alternative run lines at different odds should be available, as well.
The second line is the moneyline. This is where you bet on outright winners. The odds are also either negative or positive, telling you how much you stand to win.
Finally, the third line is the total, with the odds in parentheses. Here, you’re betting on whether the total combined score from both teams will be more or less than the line. In this case, with a line of 4.5, the over is five runs or more and the under is four runs or fewer. There is no chance of a push.
Live betting on Phillies games
Live betting allows you to place bets during Phillies games, if you wish. That means you can hedge bets, make up for bad bets or increase your action at live Phillies betting odds that change with how the game is progressing.
While it’s mostly the same markets you can bet on before any game, live betting also opens up inning-by-inning betting and an increased number of game props at odds that change based on the score, the inning and who has the momentum. Of course, these are all factors that can change very fast, which means the odds change fast, too, making online sportsbooks and apps the only way to keep up.
Best Phillies betting app
If you’re going to bet on the Philadelphia Phillies with an NJ online sportsbook, you should probably go for one that offers a lot of value. The Fox Bet app could be it.
The Fox Sports-affiliated sportsbook became an authorized gaming operator of MLB in 2019 and was offering a boost on “Phillies to win the World Series’’ bets from +3500 odds to +4500 ahead of the 2021 season. Whether or no the bet boost returns this season is TBD.
Without it, the Phils remain a longshot at +3000 so the +1000 boost would add to the great value.
You can sign up with Fox Bet via the link provided.
How to bet on Phillies games online in NJ
- Get the app: As long as your iOS or Android device’s operating system meets the minimum requirements, you can download and install the sportsbook app of your choice. Just look for a link to the sportsbook from this website, and download and install the app directly from the site. If you’re an Android user, you may need to adjust your settings to allow for installations from outside the Google Play store. Plus, you’ll have to let the app access your location or download geolocation software.
- Register: Register for a new account right on the app using your own personal and account info. This is the time to enter any applicable bonus codes.
- Deposit funds: Deposit funds to bet with right on the app using any of the available banking methods. Everything from online banking, credit and debit cards, and payment processors like PayPal will be there. Just make a choice, enter the amount to deposit, follow the prompts and fill in your payment details.
- Browse around and bet: Browse through the Phillies game lines and futures bets. Find something to bet on and tap on it. That’ll instantly create a bet slip. Fill out the slip by entering betting amounts, adding bets, and choosing between multiple single bets or combining bets to make a parlay. The bet slip will show you the potential payout of all the bets or parlays on it. Just remove the bets you don’t want and tap to confirm the bets you do.
Phillies sports betting partnerships
While the Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers and Flyers have all inked deals naming individual official sportsbook partners, the Philadelphia Phillies have not. However, Major League Baseball has a plethora of official partners among NJ online sportsbooks:
PointsBet also has a deal with NBC and its media channels, which means PointsBet ads air during Phillies games on NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Phillies stats leaders
Here are the players who have led the Phillies in a number of key statistical categories over the past two seasons:
|Batting Average||Bryce Harper, .309||Alec Bohm, .338|
|Homeruns||Bryce Harper, 35||Bryce Harper, 13|
|Hits||Bryce Harper, 151||Didi Gregorius, 61|
|RBIs||Bryce Harper, 84||Didi Gregorius, 40|
|Runs||Bryce Harper, 101||Bryce Harper, 41|
|Wins||Zack Wheeler,14||Aaron Nola, 5|
|Saves||Hector Neris, 12||Hector Neris, 5|
Top Phillies prospects
The Phillies picked up four new prospects in the 2021 MLB draft:
- Andrew Painter (13th overall): RHP from Calvary Christian High School in Florida compiled a 6-1 record with a 0.31 ERA. The 6-foot-7 pitcher’s fastball averages 97.6 mph.
- Ethan Wilson (49th overall): South Alabama outfielder is a former Sun Belt Conference player of the year. The left-handed hitter has displayed the ability to drive pitches.
- Jordan Viars (84th overall): another lefty bat was a high school outfielder out of Texas. Viars, who was 17 on draft day, was one of the younger players selected.
- Micah Ottenbreit (114th overall): From Trenton High School in Michigan, the 6-foot-4 prospect throws three pitches, including a fastball clocked in the low 90s.
Philadelphia Phillies home games
- Home stadium: Citizens Bank Park (since 2004)
- Address: One Citizens Bank Way, Philadelphia, PA
- Owner: City of Philadelphia
- Operator: Global Spectrum
- Baseball capacity: 42,792
- Ground breaking: June 28, 2001
- Opened: April 3, 2004
- Construction cost: $458 million
- Previous home: Veterans Stadium (1971-2003)
Quintessential Phillies sports bar in NJ
- Victory Bar and Grill
- 795 New Jersey Route 73, Berlin Township, NJ
Victory Bar and Grill is just 25 minutes from Citizens Bank Park across the Walt Whitman Bridge and into South Jersey. It’s known for its friendly service staff, comfortable atmosphere, quality food, fine beverages and selection of local craft beers. It’s also a great place to root for the Phillies, with games on the many flat-screen TVs. South Jersey Magazine voted Victory Bar and Grill its Best Sports Bar of 2013.
- Tom McCarthy: In his 14th year doing play-by-play for the Phillies on TV for NBC Sports Philadelphia.
- John Kruk: Popular former Phillies player has been the color analyst for the team since 2003.
- Ben Davis: Former MLB player and in-studio baseball analyst for NBC Sports Philadelphia.
- Ruben Amaro Jr.: Former Phillies GM turned color analyst in 2020 for select Phillies broadcasts.
- Mike Schmidt: Phillies Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt returned to the broadcast booth in 2014.
- Scott Franzke: Phillies radio play-by-play man since 2006 on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Larry Andersen: Former MLB pitcher now in his 24th season as a color analyst for Phillies games on the radio.
- Michael Bourn: The two time All-Star is a new addition to the radio broadcast team.
- Chad Durbin: Pitcher on the 2008 World Series championship team has joined the broadcast booth.
- Erik Kratz: Former MLB catcher is another new addition to the Phillies broadcast team.
- Kevin Stocker: This former Phillie played shortstop for the 1993 National League championship team.
- Bill Kulik: Spanish broadcaster.
- Angel Castillo: Spanish radio broadcaster.
How can I watch/stream Phillies games in NJ?
Phillies games are on TV on NBC Sports Philadelphia and radio on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680. You can also stream Phillies games on the internet with a subscription to MLB.tv, though blackout restrictions may apply.
It’s hard to say what the biggest bet on the Phillies has been, since sportsbooks don’t always release that data. However, we can tell you that a lot of money is being bet on the over for the Phillies’ win total of 80.5 in 2021, with local sportsbooks reporting close to 98% of the money bet in this market being on the over.
Philadelphia Phillies great Lenny Dykstra has had his share of financial and legal troubles since retiring from baseball, including bankruptcy, bankruptcy fraud, grand theft auto, drug possession and indecent exposure. He served time in federal prison. He was recently in court again, suing former teammate Ron Darling for allegations in Darling’s recent book that Dykstra made racist remarks toward Red Sox pitcher Oil Can Boyd during the 1986 World Series. The case was dismissed.
Famous Phillies fans include actor Bradley Cooper, who was born in Philadelphia; “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s” Rob McElhenney, who grew up in South Philadelphia; and actor Miles Teller, who has thrown out the first pitch at a Phillies game. You can also add Fresh Prince Will Smith to that list; after all, he’s from West Philadelphia, born and raised.
The average price of a Phillies ticket is around $48, but you can get tickets for as low as $19. Tickets are available in 2022 through MLB.com.
The Phillie Phanatic may well be the best mascot in sports. He has been voted best mascot ever by Sports Illustrated Kids and the best mascot in sports by Forbes Magazine. Plus, the Phanatic is a charter member of the Mascot Hall of Fame.
The Phillie Phanatic is the big, furry, green flightless bird who acts as the official mascot for the Philadelphia Phillies. According to an official bio, the Phanatic is from the Galapagos Islands and he is the Phillies’ biggest fan.
Harper actually lives just outside Las Vegas in a $2.7 million mansion in Henderson, Nevada, that he bought in 2016. It’s a five-bedroom, six-bathroom, 7,395-square-foot property off a golf course.
The Phillies’ Twitter account is @phillies. It laughingly calls itself “the Phillie Phanatic’s burner account” and boasts 1.8 million followers. The account has been around since July 2009.
To no one’s surprise, Bryce Harper is the top-rated Phillies player in The Show. He’s got a 91 rating, but J.T. Realmuto is right behind him at 90.