The prepaid card option has quietly become one of the most reliable and speedy means of transferring funds on and off a NJ online casino site.
These days, a majority of sites allow players to sign up for a branded prepaid card, for use not only at the online casino but wherever Discover Cards are accepted.
Withdrawals via prepaid cards are available to players who have successfully registered a card, even if the card was not used to make a qualifying deposit.
Eighteen out of 23 NJ online gambling sites have incorporated the prepaid card method into their cashiers. Notable examples include Golden Nugget Casino, Betfair Casino, Caesars Casino, and SugarHouse Casino.
A physical card is not required to make a deposit on a NJ online casino site, nor do players have to first use the card for a deposit before initiating a withdrawal via the method.
What NJ online casino sites offer prepaid card transactions?
- Golden Nugget Casino – Golden Nugget Prepaid Card
- Betfair Casino – Betfair Casino Prepaid Card
- Pala Casino – Pala Prepaid Card
- Borgata Casino – Borgata Online Prepaid Card
- Caesars Casino – CaesarsCasino.com Prepaid Card
- PokerStars Casino – PokerStars Play+ Card
- Play SugarHouse Casino
- Party Casino – Party Casino Prepaid Card
- Resorts Casino – ResortsCard
- Mohegan Sun Casino – MoheganCard
- BetMGM Online Casino
- Hard Rock Online Casino
- DraftKings Casino
Each of the aforementioned NJ online casinos offers its own unique prepaid card option. What this means is that players who enroll for a card on one site can only use the card for online gambling transactions at that specific site.
Signing up for a prepaid account
The signup process for a prepaid card varies slightly from casino to casino, but in general, adheres to the following progression:
- Players will navigate to the “Cashier” and choose “[site] Prepaid Card.”
- From there, players who have yet to sign up for a card will select “Enroll” or “Add New.” In some instances, players will have to provide a measure of strong authentication before proceeding. On Golden Nugget Casino and several other casinos, this entails players verifying their DOB and social security number, and then agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- Once verified, players can load their prepaid card account using a Visa or MasterCard debit or credit card. All credit card information will have to be input, including the 16-digit card number, the three-digit security code and the expiration month and year. The credit/debit card must be in the account holder’s name.
- Loaded prepaid card funds can be instantaneously transferred to online casino wallets — no physical card required. This is accomplished by navigating to the Prepaid Card option in the Cashier and selecting “Deposit.” Some sites, like Betfair Casino, allow players to load prepaid cards and then transfer funds to online casino wallets in one convenient step.
- Within 7-10 days of making their first transaction, players will receive a physical prepaid card in the mail, which can be used at ATMs and wherever Discover Cards are accepted.
Withdrawing from a NJ online casino using the prepaid card option
For the most part, players must first deposit with a method before using the same method for withdrawals. That’s not the case with prepaid cards.
In so long as players complete the sign up process, they can withdraw funds from their online casino wallet to the prepaid card.
Prepaid card deposits can also be withdrawn via ACH, check by mail, or cash at the casino cage.
Are there any fees associated with prepaid card transactions?
The NJ online casino itself will never charge a fee to players who deposit using the prepaid card option.
However, if a credit card is used to load a prepaid account, the credit card company might view this as a cash advance, and may charge according to their fee schedule.
It’s therefore recommended that whenever possible, players use a debit card to fund their prepaid card account.
Some sites also charge nominal fees for replacement cards or ATM withdrawals within the US, although there are instances where the NJ online casino will absorb these costs for its VIPs.
What is the physical prepaid card good for?
Physical prepaid cards are used for a variety of purposes:
- Load money on to and off NJ online casino sites
- Point of sale purchases whenever Discover is accepted
- ATM withdrawals within the US
Physical card holders gain access to a web portal (mycardplace) where they can initiate transfers via Visa, MasterCard, and ACH. They also gain access to account histories, an extensive FAQ, and a variety of other features.
Mobile accessibility is also available.
What are the acceptance rates on prepaid card transactions?
We can say from experience that prepaid card transactions boast among the highest success rates of any NJ online casino depositing method.
For players that have had difficulty conducting transactions with Visa/MasterCard and ACH, this is a viable alternative.
The main drawback is that the depositing process typically entails an extra step, in that players will first have to load funds on to the card and then transfer them to the site. But the difference is a matter of seconds.
There are some depositing limits, but they’re fairly lenient. For instance, for new users on Golden Nugget Casino the limits are:
- Daily limit: $2,000
- Weekly limit: $4,500
- Monthly limit: $10,000
These starting limits are about par for the industry. Worth noting is that VIP members receive higher limits, up to $70,000 per month and a $100,000 maximum card balance.
Looking for other New Jersey deposit methods? We also recommend NJ Online Casinos Accepting PayPal.