Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa will unveil its newest fine dining concept this month.
The property sent out a press release earlier today announcing B Prime. It’s a new contemporary steakhouse concept created by parent company MGM Resorts International.
The opening date for B Prime is Thursday, June 23. Yes, a little more than a week away.
B Prime will be led by executive chef Howard Stilianessis.
Word is the new restaurant will create an atmosphere that immerses guests in an “interactive and engaging dining experience.”
Anthony Caratozzolo, Borgata vice president of hospitality, describes B Prime as “a modern alternative to the classic steakhouse.”
“From tableside presentations to high-quality steak cuts and beverage offerings, the restaurant will provide guests a first-class culinary experience from the moment they arrive until the conclusion of their evening with us,” Caratozzolo said.
B Prime taking over Bobby Flay space
Flashback to summer 2021.
It’s when news broke regarding the closing of Bobby Flay Steak. The celebrity chef concept opened back in 2006.
The popular spot has been vacant since September. It’s not surprising that Borgata is filling the vacancy prior to the busy Fourth of July weekend.
The restaurant is located on the casino floor, footsteps away from the surface lot entrance and BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar.
And if you’re wondering if Flay is returning to Atlantic City, the answer is yes. However, his new concept will be much more casual.
Bobby’s Burgers is opening at Harrah’s Atlantic City this summer.
At Borgata, B Prime follows the 2021 addition of American Bar & Grill, which opened around this time last year.
The 1-year celebration luncheon is taking place at noon on Saturday. Tickets are available via the Borgata website.
Borgata shares preview of new steakhouse menu
Guests of B Prime can look forward to “a curated collection of the best steak cuts available.” They will be sourced from Japan, New Jersey, Idaho, and Texas.
Hand-selected menu options are:
- 42-ounce B Prime tomahawk for two
- 18-ounce Wagyu chateaubriand
- “Taste of Japan” steak flight, with A5 Kobe beef.
Some of the signature dishes include:
- Steak Tartare topped with quail egg, house-made pickles and toasted sourdough
- Seared crab cake, served with preserved lemon and remoulade
- Wagyu cheesesteak bites topped with caramelized onions, aged provolone and truffle on a buttered Parker Roll
- Prime plateau, a seafood tower complete with Maine lobster, shrimp, oysters, clams and tuna tartar
Guests will find a selection of vegetarian and vegan options too, with a focus on fresh produce sourced locally.
The cauliflower steak topped with pistachio vinaigrette, radish, and crispy shallots is one of the dishes Borgata is highlighting for plant-based diners.
Another option is the signature Jersey tomato salad.
B Prime beverage menu
Opening a new Atlantic City steakhouse means specialty cocktails. B Prime will have beers and an extensive wine-by-the-glass list.
However, those who prefer something different will have options:
- Borgata signature old fashioned
- Kiwi Energy, blended with vodka or tequila, this libation is made with Orgeat, pineapple, and kiwi juice
- Beach Don’t Kill My Vibe is crafted with Coruba Jamaican Rum, tangerine juice, lemon juice, passionfruit, and sugar cane syrup. It will be served over crushed ice with orange, pineapple and mint garnishes.
Reservations can be made online.
Hours will be Tuesday-Thursday 5 p.m.-10:30 p.m. and Friday-Saturday 5 p.m.-11 p.m.
With June 23 right around the corner, B Prime will be opening at a prime time – summer season at the Jersey Shore.