Pala Casino Resort and Spa is based in San Diego, California. In late 2013, even before the online NJ casino industry took off, it applied for an iGaming license in New Jersey and received a transactional waiver.
As required by local regulations, it had to team up with a local land-based operator in order to offer its games to NJ residents online. Subsequently, Pala Casino signed a deal with Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City.
Pala’s software was ready for release by the end of November 2014, and the casino made its games available to New Jersey public under license number NJIGP 15-001. This guarantees that every game offered on Pala Casino’s site is fully compliant with the Casino Control Act, NJSA 5:12-1.
Pala Online Casino Review
- Casino Bonus
- Game Selection
Pala Casino might not be the flashiest NJ online casino, but thanks to its growing game library, diverse banking options, enticing promotional schedule, and solid no-deposit bonus, it ranks right up there with some of the bigger names in the industry. The online casino and its companion bingo site operate under the Borgata’s New Jersey online gambling license.
Pala Casino is operated by Pala Interactive, and is associated with the Pala Band of Mission Indians, who own and operate a successful land-based casino in San Diego County, California.
Pala casino promo code
Use Pala NJ online casino promotional code OVBONUS to qualify for the maximum new player bonuses.
Pala Casino signup bonus
Last verified: June 8, 2018
When signing up for a new Pala Casino NJ account, the following two welcome bonuses will be available to you:
$40 for free, no deposit required
This bonus is granted automatically upon account registration and is split into four separate components:
- $5 in cash: To play any casino, poker or bingo game.
- $5 guaranteed spin win: you will win a minimum of $5 Casino Bonus dollars when you take your first spin on the PalaCasino.com $1,000,000 Slot Machine and you could win much more including the million-dollar prize.
- $15 in Poker Bonuses: $10 in poker tournament dollars that can be used to enter Multi-Table or Sit & Go tournaments. An additional five dollars can be used to play cash games.
- $15 in Bingo Bucks: Use your $15 in Bingo Bucks to purchase up to 150 Pala Bingo tickets.
All in all, a $10 casino bonus is a little below the industry standard, but the remaining $30 provides additional value. The casino play chunk has a 20x wagering requirement. Please note that not all games help you clear your bonus at the same rate:
- Slots contribute 100 percent of your bets.
- Other casino games have a contribution rate of 20 percent.
- As of January 2016, craps wagers don’t count towards clearing the bonus at all.
The $5 daily spin bonus is not subject to any wagering requirements.
Unused bonuses expire 15 days after issuance.
100% matched deposit bonus, up to $500
Make a deposit of no less than $10 and have it matched, up to a maximum of $500. This means that if you deposit $100, you’re going to receive $100, but if you deposit $800, your bonus is going to be capped at $500. The bonus is credited to your account automatically and will expire in 15 days.
The deposit match bonus has a 10x wagering requirement, so if you want to withdraw $500, you’ll need to place $5,000 worth of bets. Game contribution rates, as outlined in the no-deposit bonus section above, still apply.
Ongoing short-term promotions
– Summer Bonus Bonanza (June 16-21, 2018): get two 25% matched deposit bonuses and earn $100+$200.
– First Depositor Monthly Drawing (June 1-30, 2018): make your first deposit in June to get a shot at winning 50 free spins on the $1,000,000 slot machine.
Pala online casino NJ platform
Pala’s proprietary platform is definitely among the weaker aspects of its online casino product, but that’s not to say it’s a deal breaker. Only that when compared to other aspects of the site, it lags.
The aesthetics of the lobby are a bit drab, featuring a plain black background, antiquated looking graphics, and smallish game icons. There’s also a dearth of filtering options, which was something that could be overlooked when the site was small, but not so much now that the lobby houses nearly 200 games.
The sliding scroll bar for slots really needs to go.
Now the positive:
- In terms of account management options, Pala Casino is right up there with the NJ’s best.
- The “Last Played” and “Recommended” options are a nice touch, even if the recommended games don’t always jive with player preferences.
- Quick depositing options are available.
- Players can view the site in Spanish.
Pala Casino software
As mentioned above, Pala utilizes a proprietary platform. It’s also partnered with a variety of top-flight providers such as IGT, NextGen, and NYX. These partnerships have paid dividends, as they’ve allowed the small operator to keep up with the industry’s bigwigs.
Pala has also branched out into social gaming, via its MyPalaCasino product. The site is intended to drive brick & mortar traffic, but may also prove effective at attracting players to its real-money NJ casino.
There are currently two ways to access the Pala online casino client:
- Browser-based client: For players who desire the full Pala online casino experience, playing from a PC or Mac is the way to go. From popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari, all the site’s games and quality-of-life features are accessible.
- Mobile device: A more compact version of the software is available for both iOS and Android-powered devices. The Android version can be downloaded directly from the site, while players must navigate to iTunes to grab the iOS version (requires iOS 8.0 or higher).
Pala Android app / iOS mobile app
Pala Casino NJ offers a mobile application, which is available for iOS smartphones and tablets, as well as Android systems. The iOS version can be downloaded directly from the Apple App Store, but the Android version has to be downloaded from Pala Casino’s website due to internal Play Store restrictions.
The app will download additional files once you start it up for the first time, so you might need to wait a few minutes, depending on your internet connection speed. This is a one-time process, but you’ll still have to wait a few seconds on every subsequent launch.
On a brighter note, the mobile app comes with a library of more than 100 NJ online casino games. This is quite an extensive game selection, especially when compared with similar software packages developed by other casinos.
The interface is well-designed and works well with smaller screens, so you won’t have to worry about tapping the wrong button at the wrong time when playing for real money.
Pala Casino operates under the Borgata AC online gambling license. Its entry into the mix brought the number of sites under the Borgata umbrella up to four — the others being BorgataCasino.com, BorgataPoker.com, and nj.partypoker.com. More recently, PalaBingoUSA.com became the Borgata’s fifth online occupant.
Latching on to the Borgata was a prudent move, as Borgata AC is far and away Atlantic City’s most brand recognizable and profitable casino.
The grand opening of the land-based Borgata in 2003 ushered in a short-lived age of prosperity for the boardwalk city. That Golden Age would come to a screeching end by 2008. But even in the city’s darkest days, the Borgata remained a consistent performer.
These days, the Borgata continues to thrive, both as a land-based casino and online gambling operator. The brick & mortar casino consistently wins more than double its closest competitor, and the online operation continues to lead the NJ industry in revenue, with nearly $100 million won to date.
Pala’s ties to the Borgata are only one ingredient in its recipe for success. Perhaps even more important are its premier online gaming providers.
In addition to teaming up with heavy hitters, such as IGT and NYX Gaming, Pala has embraced up-and-comers like Rocketfrog — the latter of which provides the software for its bingo operation.
Its this juxtaposition of old and new, along with Pala’s own extensive experience in the casino business, that has helped it to grow its share of the Borgata’s total online casino revenue.
Game selection at Pala Casino
Pala Casino NJ offers a wide selection of games, which include more than 200 slots, eight video poker games, as well as classic table games, such as roulette, baccarat, blackjack, and craps. New games are being added to the casino on a regular basis, meaning active players won’t be quickly running out of options.
Available slots include several timeless classics, such as Cleopatra or Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme Spin, as well as new games based on blockbuster movies, such as Ghostbusters and Day of the Dead. Most slots follow the familiar 5 reels / 20 paylines pattern.
Progressive jackpot games are also a thing at Pala Casino, and the sitting jackpots tend to exceed $100,000.
Most penny slot games allow you to play all lines for as little as $0.20. However, if you want to experience some high-roller action, you’ll have plenty of $100 games to choose from. Return to Player rates differ from game to another and usually fall in the typical 90-95 percent range.
The casino also spreads both European and American Roulette, with bets ranging from $1 to $100 on most tables. However, American Roulette is also available for $15/$500 minimum/maximum bets. Please note that if you want to focus exclusively on maximizing your winnings, you should stick with European Roulette – the lack of a double zero field reduces the house edge.
Classic Blackjack at Pala Casino is played with eight regular decks. Dealer always hits on soft 17 and the player may double on any two cards and after a split. Late surrender is available. These rules result in a house edge of 0.608 percent, assuming proper play.
Available tables range from micro stakes, with min/max bets of $0.50/$100, to regular stakes, with min/max bets of $10/$1,000. If you want to lower the house edge even more, you could also play Sidebet Blackjack, which allows for early surrender. Since the dealer must also stand on all 17, proper play will allow you to drop the house edge to 0.485 percent.
If you’re interested in playing video poker, you should stick to Jacks or Better, Bonus Poker, Double Bonus Poker and Double Double Bonus Poker. These games offer solid payouts, with the overall Return to Player rate ranging from 99 percent to 99.5 percent. However, the remaining titles come with a rather steep house edge, mostly as a result of lower payouts on certain card combinations.
In baccarat, the house edge depends on the bet: Player bets have a house edge of 1.24 percent, banker bets have a house edge of 3.98 percent, and tie bets have a house edge of 14.4 percent. Min/max bets range from $1/$10 to $15/$500.
In craps, bets can range from $1 to $100 but, as mentioned above, they won’t contribute towards fulfilling bonus wagering requirements.
Pala Casino video poker
Pala Casino offers eight video poker variants, most of them by Game King, but with a few proprietary products mixed in.
- Jacks or Better (Pala)
- Deuces Wild (Pala)
- Deuces & Joker Wild (Pala)
- Bonus Poker (Game King)
- Double Bonus Poker (Game King)
- Double Double Bonus Poker (Game King)
- Triple Play (Game King)
- Five Play (Game King)
All the single line Game King variants offer the best pay schedules allowed in NJ, returning approximately 99 – 99.2 percent. The Jacks or Better variant sports the 9/6 full pay table, returning 99.54 percent under optimal playing conditions. For players looking to stretch their gambling dollar, these are some of their best bets.
Deuces Wild and Deuces & Joker Wild (exclusive) are among the more thrilling video poker games. But these particular variants are nothing worth getting excited about, offering bottom barrel payout tables (~97 percent return).
The Triple Play and Five Play games also offer very poor pay tables relative to industry standards, for all available games, and are best avoided.
The recommended games are generally provided at stakes as low as $0.10, and offer full payouts on Royal Flushes at all levels.
Playing blackjack at Pala online casino
At present, Pala Casino offers just three blackjack games.
Blackjack and Blackjack Multiplayer are virtually identical, only differences being the latter allows for multiplayer play and has a tighter bet spread ($1 – $100). The bet spread for regular Blackjack is $0.50 – $2,500, with up to three hands in play.
The chosen rule set for these games is not necessarily unfavorable, but certainly odd. Player-friendly rules such as late surrender, double after split, and double on any two cards are paired with bad rules like hit on soft 17, split up to two hands only, and eight deck shoes.
All told, if makes for a fairly average blackjack game with a house edge of 0.61 percent.
Then there’s Sidebet Blackjack. The rules for this game are similar to Blackjack, with a couple of exceptions:
- There is no late surrender option.
- The dealer must stand on all 17s.
Together, these rules lower the house edge to 0.49 percent.
Sidebet Blackjack options:
As the name implies, Sidebet Blackjack comes stocked with a batch of fun, but generally low return and volatile, sidebet options:
- Mega Match: Pays if the players first two cards are suited, and more if players are dealt KQ suited.
- Blackjack Attack: Offers players the option to enhance their payouts on naturals. Pays 18-1 on a dealt blackjack.
- Cash Queens: Pays whenever players make 20 on their first two cards — more if the cards are suited or paired.
- Crazy Sevens: For this sidebet, the more 7s dealt to players, the more they’ll be paid. Augmented payouts for suited 7s.
- Pair Play: All pairs (on first two player cards) pay 12-1.
Again, these games feature high house edges. But on the upside, they do give players a shot at big returns on small investments, which is something the traditional game does not.
The bet spread for Sidebet Blackjack is $1 – $500.
Pala Casino slot highlights
Pala Casino boasts a respectable library of slot titles, so we thought it’d be a good idea to provide you with a short list of games that deserve your attention. Each of these slots offers amazing gameplay and a good Return to Player rate.
- Medusa: a 5-reel slot game based on Greek mythology. 25 pay lines, straight from NextGen Gaming. It comes with several bonus features, including Turned To Stone Re-spins, which grants a free spin with an expanded Wild frozen by Medusa’s gaze on one of the middle three reels. Return to Player rate: 97.07 percent.
- Cleopatra: a 5-reel IGT classic with 20 pay lines. The eponymous Egyptian queen is the Wild symbol, but don’t let her distract you from the Cleopatra logo symbols, since lining them up will award you the jackpot. Return to Player rate: 95.03 percent.
- Black Widow: another 5-reel slot from IGT, this one doubles the fun with 40 pay lines. What really makes it cool is the Super Stacks feature – every reel contains huge stacks of the same symbol, allowing you to maximize the number of winning combinations. Return to Player rate: 95.00 percent.
Other games at Pala online casino
Players that preference other game types have a few options:
- European Roulette
- 3 Wheel Roulette
- American Roulette
- No Commission Baccarat
Of the three roulette options, European Roulette is generally the best bet, as the wheel features just one zero. Minimum bets start at just one dollar.
For players that crave action, 3 Wheel Roulette is a serviceable choice. In this triple wheel game, players have the option to win up to 1,200 times their wager. Also, they’ll have three chances to win on every wager placed.
As an added perk, 3 Wheel Roulette is a single zero game — meaning the house edge won’t bleed gamblers dry.
American Roulette is best avoided, due to the presence of a double zero.
Moving on to other games, craps offers favorable payouts on Pass and Don’t Pass bets, but only allows 2x odds bets, regardless of the point. Additionally, craps wagers do not count toward unlocking bonuses. Not the best.
No Commission Baccarat generates its house edge by only paying out 1:2 on Banker wins with an 8. This causes the house edge on Banker bets to swell all the way up to 4 percent.
Player bets retain the same 1.24 percent house edge as regular baccarat, and are therefore the recommended bet. Avoid the Tie bet at all costs — the house edge is over 14 percent.
Pala online casino promotions
New player bonus at Pala Casino
What you get
- $At least $35 free, as a $15 casino bonus, $15 worth of bingo tickets, and $5 guaranteed on the Million Dollar Spin.
- A 100% match up to $500. This bonus, and the no-deposit offer are subject to a 10x wagering requirement on slots, and 50x on all other games except craps.
In terms of the monetary cap, Pala’s no-deposit casino bonus is certainly one of the best offered by a NJ online casino site. New sign-ups will receive at least $35, whereas $10 to $20 is the industry norm.
Please note the following:
- Players will have to meet a high turnover requirement before cashing out any remaining portion of the bonus.
- $15 of the bonus is allocated as Bingo Bucks.
In all likelihood, players will find themselves using the guaranteed $20 casino bonus solely to try out Pala’s vast selection of games. Cashing out will require a fair bit of luck.
The Bingo Bucks work a big differently, as any winnings derived are immediately credited to player accounts in real money — no stringent wagering requirements.
Moving on to the first-deposit offer, the $500 cap and 10x turnover requirements on slots are a decent offer by industry standards. Other sites either offer more money with tougher wagering requirements, or less money, but with similar or more relaxed clearance thresholds.
In addition to welcome bonuses and VIP bonuses, Pala Casino NJ offers several recurring promotions that allow you to get some additional bang for your buck. As of September 9, 2017, the following promotions are available:
1) $1,000,000 Free Spin
Every day, you get a shot at winning the $1,000,000 main prize. Obviously, your odds aren’t high, but there are secondary prizes of $1, $5, $25, $100 and $1,000, which are significantly easier to win.
Keep in mind that claiming the jackpot is only possible if, during the 30 days preceding your win, you made a deposit of at least $50. The only exception to this rule is the first free spin you receive upon registering your Pala Casino account.
2) Monday Multiplier
Make a Monday deposit using bonus code multiply. Deposits between $10 and $99 earn you a 2x Rewards Points multiplier, while deposits of $100 or more will grant you a 3x multiplier.
3) Tuesday 10
Receive 10 free spins, to be used on the $1,000,000 slot machine.
4) Spins Wednesdays
Receive additional spins on the $1,000,000 slot machine. The number of spins awarded will be based on your loyalty tier – the maximum possible is 25. Use bonus code SPINSWED when depositing.
5) Mobile Thursdays
Earn triple the regular RPs on bets you make via the mobile app. You also get a chance to win $100 Casino Bonus Cash if you wager a minimum of $30 through the app on that same Thursday.
6) The Friday 50
Receive a 50 percent matched deposit bonus up to $50. This bonus also has a 20x wagering requirement and expires within 30 days of issuance. Use promo code FRIDAY50.
7) Slots Saturday
Earn 10x the usual Reward Points whenever you play a featured slot game on a Saturday. No bonus code required.
Pala Casino VIP Program
What you get
- Earn Status Points by playing real-money games, and work up the Privileges ladder, earning cash bonuses along the way.
- Earn Reward Points, which can be converted to cash at a rate of $1 per 5,000 RPs.
The VIP program at Pala Casino is called Pala Privileges. Membership is granted automatically. Players earn two kinds of points as they play real money games: Status Points (SP) and Reward Points (RP). The number of points awarded depends on the games you play:
- Slots: 20 to 86 points per $20 wagered
- Video poker: 4 to 39 points per $20 wagered
- Table games: 4 to 52 points per $20 wagered
Please note that the most volatile games tend to produce the most points, so grinding levels and rewards will be harder if you stick exclusively to high-ROI games.
Status Points are used to determine your loyalty level. Reaching the higher levels awards you special milestone bonuses, which have to be cleared within 30 days. Unlike welcome bonuses, VIP bonuses carry a generous 1x wagering requirement.
This means that if you receive a $100 bonus for accumulating 50,000 SP, you’ll have to bet $100 in order to cash it out. Status points are reset back to zero at the end of each month, making it possible to claim milestone bonuses repeatedly.
Reward Points don’t have anything to do with climbing the loyalty ladder. Instead, they serve as currency in Pala Casino’s Points Store, allowing you to purchase lucrative rewards. These rewards include casino bonuses; the exchange rate is 5,000 RP per every $1 of bonus cash.
As players earn points, they will move up the loyalty ranks. Thresholds as follows:
- Privileges: Everyone starts here
- Pearl Privileges: 1,500 monthly points
- Gold Privileges: 7,500 monthly points
- Platinum Privileges: 50,000 monthly points
- Elite Privileges: 250,000 monthly points
Loyalty statuses reset each month.
There are two primary benefits to achieving a higher loyalty tier:
- Better Status and Reward Point earn rates for bingo
- Milestone Bonuses
Milestone Bonuses are awarded as a casino bonus upon reaching a higher tier:
- Platinum milestone: $100
- Elite milestone: $500
The casino no longer awards bonuses for any tier below Platinum. Bonuses are subject to a 1x wagering requirement and expire in 30 days.
Players can also earn Rewards Points, which are accumulated at a rate dependant on your current tier:
- Privileges: 4 RP per 1 Status Point
- Pearl Privileges: 4 RP per 1 SP
- Gold Privileges: 6 RP per 1 SP
- Platinum Privileges: 8 RP per 1 SP
- Elite Privileges: 10 RP per 1 SP
Rewards Points can be exchanged for cash bonuses at a clip of 5,000 RPs per $1.
So, what percentage cashback can a dedicated player expect to receive from this program? The answer is “a variable amount,” but we can get an idea by making a couple of generalizations.
Case study #1: Best case
In a best case scenario, where a slot awards 86 Status Points, players will have to wager $58,139 to reach Elite Status and earn $600 worth of Milestone Bonuses.
Along the way, they’ll earn 1,885,000 Rewards Points, which can be converted to $377 cash, for a total of $977 cashback.
This works out to almost 1.7 percent cashback deal, which is exceptional by online casino standards. But remember, this is for what is presumably the lowest payback slot in the casino.
Case study #2: Worst case
Now, assume a video poker or blackjack player earns just 4 Status Points and $20 wagered. This player will have to wager $1.25 million to earn $600 in Milestone Bonuses.
The player will also earn 1,885,000 Rewards Points, equivalent to $377 in cash, bringing the total cashback up to $977 yet again. That works out to a rather negligible 0.078 percent cashback.
These examples are just meant to provide an idea of what players can expect from the program.
In short, Pala Privileges is better than most New Jersey online casinos, however, this assumes players are purposefully attempting looking to play games with the lowest Return To Player.
Other recurring promotions
Free daily spin for $1 million
Log-in daily, and take a free shot at $1 million. Players will be treated to this offer the moment they sign-on, but are only eligible for the Grand Prize if they deposited $50 during the 30 days prior to winning.
However, all players are eligible for one of many other casino bonuses, ranging in value from $1 – $1,000. All winnings are paid out as casino bonuses subject to a 20x wagering requirement on slots, except the Grand Prize, which is paid out in 40 annual installments of $25,000.
Cashiering at Pala online casino
One area in which Pala Casino truly excels is in payment processing. Given the breadth of depositing options available, there’s very little chance that players won’t be able to load funds on to the site. That’s not something most NJ casino sites can claim.
Depositing options include:
- E-check (ACH)
- Visa/MasterCard credit cards
- Pay Cash at 7-Eleven
- Online banking
- Play+ pre-paid card
- Cash at the Borgata cage
Most deposits are subject to a $10 minimum, with funds hitting accounts immediately.
Worth noting is the inclusion of the PayPal method, which is not present on most NJ sites. This should serve as a solid option for players who have difficulty depositing with ACH or credit cards.
The Play+ pre-paid option is also recommended, as it boasts exceedingly high success rates. And if all else fails, players can hop down to their local 7-Eleven or to the land-based Borgata and deposit with cash.
Withdrawal methods are also flexible:
- E-check (ACH)
- Check by mail
- Play+ pre-paid card
- Cash at the Borgata cage
Withdrawals via check by mail will take approximately 5 -7 days to reach a player’s physical mailbox. Other options are quicker, ranging from a few minutes (Borgata Cashier) to a couple of days (ACH).
Players who wish to withdraw using PayPal must first use the method to make a deposit. This is required to ensure player accounts are verified, and that Pala is sending funds to the same account used to deposit.
Pala Casino customer support
Pala Casino NJ has an extensive FAQ section. With over 100 articles, it covers a wide range of topics, from loyalty rewards and promotions to security and taxes. The articles are very informative and each section additionally lists the most recent Q&As.
If you require live assistance, you can reach the Pala Casino customer support team using one of the following channels:
Available 24/7. In most cases, you should expect some sort of response within an hour. However, if you’re facing a serious issue or you have a complicated question, you might have to wait up to 24 hours.
Usually, you’ll be connected with a casino representative in less than 60 seconds. Please note that sometimes, when chat support is unusually busy, you may be redirected to email support instead. If this happens to you and you really don’t want to wait, you can try closing the chat window and re-joining the queue.
Available 24/7, toll free. The number is 844-FOR-PALA (844-367-7252).
Pala Casino San Diego
Pala Casino Spa and Resort is located in the Pala Indian Reservation, which lies in the middle of the San Luis Rey River valley in the northern part of San Diego County, California. Construction work began in 2000, and the casino opened its doors on April 3, 2001.
On Aug. 19, 2003, Pala Casino Spa Resort was unveiled. The resort holds a 10,000 square-foot day spa, as many as 10 restaurants, and four different entertainment venues. The hotel has 500 rooms and 82 suites.
When it comes to casino games, Pala boasts over 2,000 slots, video poker, video keno, roulette, and progressive machines, so you’re guaranteed great entertainment regardless of your tastes. What’s more, Pala Casino accommodates players of different budgets quite well, with minimum bets ranging from one cent to $100, depending on the game.
Pala Casino San Diego additionally offers over 80 table games, including blackjack, baccarat, Pai Gow poker, Pala Craps, and Pala Roulette. Unlike traditional roulette, Pala Roulette is played with cards instead of a roulette wheel. A 38-card deck is used, and each card represents a number you’d find on a standard American Roulette wheel – one through 36, zero, and 00.
When players are done placing their bets, four cards are placed in four colored boxes on the table layout. The roulette wheel, which does not include numbers but instead features pockets in four alternating colors, is then spun. When the wheel comes to a halt, the dealer reveals the card inside the box corresponding in color to where the ball has landed.
It may sound complicated at first, but once you give it a try, you’ll quickly realize that the differences between Pala Roulette and traditional roulette are miniscule. Additionally, Pala Roulette features a so-called Super Green Bet – if the ball lands in a green slot and the corresponding card is 0 or 00, the player receives a payout of 275 to 1.
Pala Craps is played with cards as well, with 36 cards representing the 36 possible outcomes you can expect from physical dice. All in all, if you enjoy card games, you’re going to fall in love with Pala Casino Spa and Resort.
Please note that the San Diego Pala Casino includes a High Limit Area, with slots and table game bets are as high as $5,000. High-stakes adrenaline junkies definitely shouldn’t miss this.
The poker room at Pala Casino, CA
The poker room at Pala Casino in San Diego is equipped with 15 nine-player tables and hosts tournaments on a regular basis. Buy-ins tend to range from $10 for smaller tournaments to $80-120 for larger events. When it comes to cash games, most tables host low-limit or no-limit games.
All things considered, Pala Casino’s poker room isn’t the most important venue on the national poker map, but it’s definitely popular enough to be considered a San Diego poker hot spot. Please note that the poker room is a non-smoking environment.
The comp rate is $1 per hour.
Pala Casino Resort and Spa other features and amenities
The land-based Pala resort has an extensive Privileges Program, which allows you to accumulate Privileges Dollars (PDs) for playing games at the casino. Accumulated points can be exchanged for rewards such as free checking, reserved parking, and preferred seating.
Casino customers can also spend their PDs like real dollars at Pala restaurants, Impulse Gift Shoppe, Swarovski, and Spa Boutique. Additionally, points may also be used to receive discounts on concert tickets, hotel rooms, and spa services.
Available financial services include check cashing, casino credit, debit card advance, and credit card advance. Players may also use local ATMs to make standard withdrawals up to their daily bank limit.
Borgata Hotel and Spa in NJ
As mentioned above, Borgata Hotel and Spa is the land-based partner of Pala Casino. Located in Atlantic City, it is owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. With 2002 hotel rooms, it’s also the biggest hotel in the state of New Jersey.
The casino floor is 161,000 square-feet large and offers over 4,000 slot machines, 180 table games, and 50 poker tables. It also hosts World Poker Tour tournaments, making it a highly relevant international poker venue.
Pala online casino in New Jersey
Pala Casino was one of the first land-based gambling establishments to apply for a New Jersey gambling license and its website was launched in late November 2014. The casino software powering the site is proprietary and has been developed by Pala Interactive in 2013, though it’s worth pointing out the casino offers numerous third-party games.
Keep in mind that even though Pala Interactive is a new player on the American iGaming market, its software is very well-designed. The interface is intuitive and everything runs smooth even on computers with average processing power.
The only drawback is the lack of filtering options. This means that browsing available games often feels laborious, particularly when it comes to slots. On a brighter note, the company puts a lot of emphasis on protecting its customers, utilizing the latest encryption technologies and fraud detection systems.
You have to be physically present within the borders of New Jersey in order to participate in Pala Casino’s real money games. However, you can test them in play money mode regardless of your location.
Pala Casino NJ and responsible gambling
Legal online casinos are expected to treat responsible gaming seriously and Pala Casino is no exception in this regard. The responsible gaming web page contains basic information pertaining to compulsive gambling, focusing on recognizing dangerous behavior patterns, gambling-related myths, and setting your own limits.
Setting your limits isn’t a figure of speech; you can restrict your maximum deposit size and maximum net losses. Keep in mind that once you set a daily, weekly or monthly limit, you’ll have to wait it out in order to increase it. However, you can decrease your limit at any point.
New slots games recently added to Pala casino
– Cirque Du Soleil Kooza: this electrifying 40-line slot will amaze you with its rich visuals, fast-paced gameplay and thrilling bonus features, which include the bonus wheel, free games, and pick bonus. Designed by SG Gaming.
– Epic Monopoly II: expanding wilds, free spins, and the Epic Wheel guarantee that you won’t be winning Monopoly money if you get lucky here. This 2016 100-line video slot from Williams Interactive will let you relive your childhood days.
– Lucky Tree: a brick-and-mortar classic brought to the online gambling world by SG Gaming. 5 reels, 30 lines, random wilds and two exciting bonus rounds make this slot a joy to play.
– Bier Haus: are you ready for Oktoberfest? This cheerful 40 line slot from Williams Interactive is packed with cool features, such as Wilds, Scatter Symbols, and Free Spins and will surely make you want to come back for another round.
– Elvis The King Lives: if you like Elvis, you’re going to love this slot. This 11-reel, 80-line slot from Williams Interactive has Free Spins, Wilds and payout multipliers to make you appreciate the music even more as you rake in the cash!
– Black Knight: while this Black Knight doesn’t have anything to do with Monty Python, he’s still considered wild whenever he appears on reels 2, 3, and 4. Trigger the Free Spins to get a shot at claiming the Jackpot, which is worth 10,000 coins.
– Wishing You Fortune: did someone say 1024 lines? The winning combinations never stop coming in this 2015 5-reel slot from Williams’ stable, especially if you manage to take advantage of the Fortune Wild that shows up on the Fortune Wheel.
– Alice and the Mad Tea Party: head down the rabbit hole and meet the Hatter in this 2012 slot from Williams Interactive. Wilds, Scatter Symbols, excellent visuals and fantastic sound effects can really turn this slot into a magical experience.
– The Wizard of Oz – Road to Emerald City: a brand new video slot with a classic theme. 3 reels, 9 pay lines and as many as seven bonus features to guarantee that your road to the Emerald City will be anything but boring.
- Editor’s review
- Pala casino promo code
- Pala Casino signup bonus
- Ongoing short-term promotions
- Pala online casino NJ platform
- Pala Android app / iOS mobile app
- Network partners
- Game selection at Pala Casino
- Pala online casino promotions
- Pala Casino VIP Program
- Other recurring promotions
- Cashiering at Pala online casino
- Pala Casino customer support
- Pala Casino San Diego
- The poker room at Pala Casino, CA
- Pala Casino Resort and Spa other features and amenities
- Borgata Hotel and Spa in NJ
- Pala online casino in New Jersey
- Pala Casino NJ and responsible gambling
- New slots games recently added to Pala casino