Summer at the Jersey Shore, more specifically Atlantic City, means spending time at the casino hotel pools or the beach. It all depends on personal preferences.
As the temperatures rise, all nine Atlantic City casinos offer plenty of ways to beat the heat. From relaxing in a shady cabana by the pool to sipping a frozen cocktail on the beach, PlayNJ wants people to enjoy stress-free trips to their Atlantic City casino hotel of choice.
So, we’ve updated this guide to casino pools and beach bars.
Being a new summer season, some properties have recently completed upgrades.
Prices are subject to change and access/rentals are based on availability.
Consider calling the casino hotel for the most up to date info.
Bally’s Beach Bar
With the most famous address in Atlantic City (Boardwalk and Park Place), Bally’s is at the center of the summer action. Bally’s Beach Bar has the essentials covered — drinks, food, and live entertainment. For a day on the beach, try one of their “adult Capri Sun” (our nickname, not theirs) cocktails. It’s a 32-ounce ice-cold drink served in an easy-to-carry pouch.
Besides the $100 million worth of renovations, Bally’s is upgrading its summer outdoor offerings.
Water Dog Food Truck
Water Dog fans (located on the sixth floor of Bally’s AC) will be happy to learn there is now a Water Dog food truck. Burgers, lobster rolls, tuna poke bowls and pulled pork sandwiches are some of the available items.
Bally’s Legends VIP Beach
Bally’s most exclusive guests (Bally’s Rewards Legends members) can now experience an upscale summer experience. The Bally’s executive team is billing it as “five-star butler service for Bally’s top customers.”
Contact your casino host to gain entry.
Hours and amenities
- Sun. & Thu.: 11 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Mon.-Wed.: 2-11 p.m.
- Fri.& Sat.: 11 a.m.-3 a.m.
- Live entertainment starts at 1 p.m. daily
- Fire pits are available
- Available from 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Prices: chair $12, umbrella $15 or $35 for a package (includes 2 chairs, one umbrella)
Bally’s pool & fitness
- Complimentary to Bally’s AC hotel guests with valid ID and room key
- Open daily 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- No lifeguard on duty
- Must be 21 or accompanied by an adult
- Outdoor bar and observation deck open seasonally and weather permitting
Both the Borgata and Water Club hotels have indoor and outdoor pools for guests. And like last summer, the Borgata shuttle will take Borgata weekend visitors across the bridge into Brigantine for a day at the beach.
Borgata indoor pool
- Open Daily 7 a.m-7 p.m.
- Adult swim ages (18+) 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Non-hotel guests with spa appointments can get access
Borgata outdoor pool
- Open Daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Available to guests ages 21+
- Must be a Borgata or Water Club hotel guest
- Cabanas and daybeds available via reservation
- Poolside food and beverage
- Available for up to 10 people
- Includes TV and refrigerator (smoking permitted)
- Available for up 2 people with umbrella included
Borgata Beer Garden
- Thu.: 10 p.m.-2 a.m., Fri.: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sat.-Sun.: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Currently closed Mon.-Wed.
- Kitchen open 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Fri.-Sun.
- Live entertainment
The Water Club indoor and outdoor pools
- Open Sat.-Sun.: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Available to guests ages 21
Borgata beach shuttle (July 2-Sept. 4)
- Shuttle service offered to Brigantine 14th Street beach (14th Street and Ocean Ave.)
- Departs from surface lot entrance near BetMGM Sportsbook & Bar and outdoor pool
- Service offered on Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Runs every 45 minutes
- Last bus returning from beach is usually 5:30 p.m.
- Complimentary beach towels and beach tags to all guests
- Chairs $10; Umbrellas $15
- Hotel guests can charge beach chairs and umbrella rentals to their hotel room
- Gold, Platinum, and Noir M life Rewards Members can charge any purchases made at Laguna Grill & Rum Bar to their hotel room.
If a dip in a semi-secluded rooftop pool is in the cards then Caesars is a good bet. The pool and bar (overlooking the beach and Boardwalk) is getting a makeover with two levels of seating with modern lounge chairs, daybeds and cabanas.
Caesars rooftop pool & bar
- Pool available to hotel guests 21+
- Reservations are required, capacity is limited
- Chairs $10, daybeds start at $50
- Poolside food and beverage
- Mobile app ordering from all Caesars restaurant
Listen, we all love kids (well, most of us) but sometimes a break from the little ones is needed. After 2 p.m., the pool at Golden Nugget is adults-only. And, you don’t even need to be a hotel guest to enjoy the H2O Pool, hot tubs, or bar and grill.
- Sun.-Thu.: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Fri.-Sat.: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- After 2 p.m. all pool guests must be 16 or older
- Complimentary admission for registered hotel guests
- Marina guests receive complimentary access up to 4 guests daily (based on availability)
- Day passes for non-hotel guests 21 years & older $25 per person
- 14 cabanas and 13 daybeds available; must be reserved
- Hot tubs and fire pits are available
H2O Bar & Grille
- Bar 0pen Sun.-Thu.: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Fri.-Sat.: 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Grille open daily 11 a.m. -7 p.m.
- Menu includes light bites and cool drinks
When the Steel Pier is lit up on summer nights, few places in Atlantic City feel more alive than the Hard Rock Beach Bar. Whether it’s relaxing in a beach cabana by day or rocking out at night, Hard Rock Beach Bar is a go-to hotspot in Atlantic City.
- Open daily 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. for hotel guests only
- Sundeck is open for the season
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Open Sun.: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Mon.-Thu.: 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.; Fri.: 11 a.m. -11 p.m.; Sat.: 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Daybed and cabana rentals available ranging from $150-350
- Chair and umbrella rentals available Mon.-Fri.: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Sat-Sun.: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (chairs $12, umbrellas $18)
- Cocktails available for purchase
Hard Rock public beach
- Open daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Chair and umbrella rentals available Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sat.-Sun.: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Umbrella and chair rentals available first come, first served (same fees as above)
The vibe of Atlantic City casinos in the Marina District is a bit different than their Boardwalk counterparts. Harrah’s Resort also upped the ante with vibe dining at The Pool After Dark. This upscale, photo-worthy poolside dining/nightlife experience is one-of-a-kind in Atlantic City.
The Pool at Harrah’s Resort
- Open Mon.-Fri.: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sat.-Sun.: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Must be 21+ with a valid ID
- $20 per hotel room up to 2 guests, each additional registered guest $10
- $20 per person for non-hotel guest
- VIP cabanas, and daybed renters available
- Mobile app ordering from all Harrah’s Resort restaurants
- Family pool is currently closed
- The Pool Bar is open for beverage service only
Family pool & arcade
- Open Fri.-Sun.: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Daily hours beginning July 1)
- Available first come, first served (Reservations not available)
- If pool reaches capacity, there will be a waiting list (Must visit the family pool)
Ocean Casino Resort
It should come as no surprise that an aquatic-themed casino has plenty of pool options. Ocean Casino Resort has an indoor/outdoor pool, an adults-only pool, and a Boardwalk pool that doubles as a dayclub on the weekends.
Eclipse indoor/outdoor pool
- Open daily 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Adult swim (18+) 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Available to hotel guests only
- Food service offered Fri.-Mon.: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Tue.-Thu.: Noon.-6 p.m.
- The Grille menu includes tasty snacks, chicken tenders and lobster rolls
- Rum Shack is the place to grab a frozen drink, beer, or wine
The Cabanas at Ocean
- Open daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Hotel guests only; must be 21 or older
- Cabana or daybed reservation required to access
- Space includes 2 pools, 1 jacuzzi
- Poolside food and beverage offered
Boardwalk Pool & Bar at HQ2 Beachclub
- Open Mon., Wed.-Sun.: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. (weather permitting); must be 21 or older
- Hotel guests receive complimentary access
- Non-hotel guests pay $30
- Chairs are first come, first serve
- Daybeds and tables can be booked in advance
- Open Sat. 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun.: Noon-6 p.m.
- Bungalows, daybeds, VIP sections can be reserved
Ocean Beach (Atlantic City public beach)
- Open Daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas rentals available for hotel guests (chairs: $15; umbrellas: $20)
Landshark Beach Bar in front of Resorts Casino Hotel is the quintessential sun-soaked seaside watering hole. Frozen drinks, Jimmy Buffett blaring on the speakers, tiki hut umbrellas. What more could you ask for?
Well, Resorts hotel guests can now enjoy the upgraded indoor/outdoor rooftop pool experience complete with a retractable roof.
- Daily hours 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Adult swim (18+) 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Hotel guests only
- Fri-Sun.: Noon-8 p.m. (currently closed)
Landshark Beach Bar
- Mon.–Thu.: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Fri.-Sun.: 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Fire pit for nightly beach campfires
- Food and drink available for purchase
Tropicana Atlantic City
Perhaps the best-kept secret in Atlantic City is the rooftop pool of the Chelsea Tower at Tropicana. The Cabana Five Bar & Pool Deck is a summer lover’s paradise with plenty of daybeads, cabanas, and pool chairs. Oh, and the water is (almost) always warm even if it gets a bit windy on the roof.
Cabana Five & pool deck
- Open daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (starting June 17, weather permitting)
- Hotel guests ages 21+
- Loungers, cabanas can be booked in advance
- Midweek chairs $10; Cabanas $200 (includes six Tropicana waters)
- Weekend chairs $20; Cabanas $300 (includes six Tropicana waters)
North Tower outdoor pool & Blue Parrot Pool Bar
- Open daily 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Daily food and beverage service begins June 17
- Hotel guests only
- Cabanas $150 midweek; $200 weekend
- Daybeds $50 midweek; $100 weekends
- Lounge chairs $10
South Tower indoor pool
- Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Thu.-Mon.; Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Reservations required
- 1-hour timeslot per day; 4 guests per hotel room max
- Putting green, shuffle board, and ping pong available on pool deck
- Available to spa guests only
- Opens June 18 for season
- Available 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily (Reservations can be made online)
- Hotel guest beach chairs $12 weekdays, $18 weekends
- Hotel guest umbrella $15 weekdays, $20 weekends
- Non hotel guest beach chairs $18 weekdays, $24 weekends
- Non hotel guest umbrella $25 weekdays, $30 weekends