PayPal Gambling Sites in NJ
PayPal is one of the largest electronic wallets active in the United States. For New Jersey residents, PayPal is another option for depositing money at any of the Garden State’s many gaming sites.
However, since the demise of PASPA, another branch of gambling sites have come into New Jersey. There are now several NJ online sports betting sites accepting wagers on games and matches.
PayPal is widely found, but not a universal deposit method. With that in mind, here are all the New Jersey gambling sites that accept PayPal.
NJ gambling sites with PayPal
What NJ online gambling sites offer PayPal as a banking method in 2022? The list is a long one. See our table below for a list of the opening bonuses at some of these top sites.
How to use PayPal at New Jersey online casinos and sportsbooks
For starters, you need to have a PayPal account.
To use PayPal for depositing funds into your NJ account, first, you must make sure the site accepts PayPal. If it does, you will also need to have a personal PayPal account.
If you don’t yet have a PayPal account, it only takes a few minutes to open one. Be sure you open a PayPal personal account rather than a premier or business account.
This account must be in your name and linked to one or more specified bank account that is also in your name.
You cannot make a sportsbook or casino deposit using a PayPal account owned by a family member or friend.
Also, you must use the same email address for your PayPal that you use for the sportsbook. And, of course, you must have enough available funds in your PayPal account to cover the amount you intend to deposit. Otherwise, the transaction will be declined.
Specific steps you need to follow
Once all of the above criteria have been satisfied, the steps you need to follow to deposit at an NJ online sportsbooks using PayPal are:
- Log in to the home page of the NJ gambling website where you wish to use PayPal.
- Go to the “Cashier” page, click on the “Deposit” link and select PayPal as the deposit method.
- Enter your PayPal email address and password as directed on the website.
- Enter and confirm the amount you wish to deposit and claim your bonus, if applicable.
You can make your deposit either directly from your PayPal balance or with the bank account that is linked to your PayPal account. As soon as your deposit is accepted and approved, you will receive a confirmation from the sportsbook.
The whole process should proceed quickly and smoothly. However, if you run into any problems, customer support can help.
By the way, as long as you are using PayPal as your deposit method, you will be able to use PayPal to make withdrawals, too.
Do NJ online casinos and sports betting sites accept PayPal?
Yes, there are 16 licensed sports betting sites available to serve players in New Jersey, and 10 online casinos accepting PayPal. PayPal is a convenient way to fund your betting account. Also, it can come in handy for withdrawing your winnings.
So, the good news is that players who are in regulated online gambling markets, including New Jersey and Pennsylvania, can use PayPal as an option for deposits and withdrawals.
Here is the full list of PayPal gambling sites:
NJ Casinos accepting PayPal in 2022
In total, PayPal is accepted by at least 12 NJ online casinos to date:
- Golden Nugget
- 888 Casino
- Resorts Casino
- Mohegan Sun Casino
- SugarHouse Online Casino
- Hard Rock Online Casino
- Pala Casino
- Unibet Casino
Withdrawals via PayPal are available to players that use the method to make a deposit.
NJ online sportsbooks with PayPal
Below are the sites that currently offer PayPal:
- 888 Sport
- SugarHouse Sportsbook
- Resorts Sportsbook
- BetAmerica Sportsbook
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Unibet Sportsbook
NJ online poker rooms with PayPal
Only a few NJ online poker sites accept PayPal:
How to add funds to your PayPal account
Using PayPal for online sportsbook deposits is faster when your PayPal account is already sufficiently funded.
Otherwise, you have the following options to fund to your PayPal account:
- Direct bank transfer
- Transfer from another e-wallet
Direct transfers from your bank account can be made by electronic check or wire transfer. PayPal does not charge any fees for these transfers. However, there may be fees assessed by your bank for wire transfers or by the other e-wallet initiating the transfer.
You cannot use a credit card, such as Mastercard or Visa, to fund your PayPal account for gambling purposes in the US.
Once you have your account set up, you will need to login to the casino / sportsbook cashier and initiate a transfer. Deposits with PayPal are instant.
How to use PayPal to cash out winnings
As long as you used PayPal as your method of deposit, you can also use it to make withdrawals.
Here is the procedure you will need to follow:
- Log in to the home page of the NJ gambling website where you wish to use PayPal.
- Go to the “Cashier” page, click on the withdrawals, and select PayPal as the method of withdrawal.
- Enter and confirm the amount you wish to withdraw and where you would like the money to go.
You have three options:
- Transfer to your bank account (no fee).
- Transfer to your PayPal debit card (small fee).
- Check by mail (small fee).
If you need the money right away, your best option is to transfer the funds to your PayPal debit card. Then, you can get the cash from an ATM or use the money for purchases almost immediately.
If you transfer the money to your bank, it generally takes one business day for the funds to show up in your account. The slowest withdrawal method is check by mail, which could be more than a week.
Pros and cons using PayPal
PayPal is one of the many alternative methods you can use to fund your NJ online gambling account.
And, like the others, it has advantages and disadvantages. However, in terms of convenience, security, and reliability, PayPal is one of the best options available.
- Security: PayPal is a licensed money transmitter using the same encryption technology, and the same rules and regulations as banks in the US. In other words, your money is as safe using PayPal as it is with any bank in the US.
- Trusted brand: As the oldest e-wallet in existence, PayPal has years of experience in facilitating financial transactions for US consumers.
- Convenience: It’s an extremely versatile method of payment that is widely accepted by merchants worldwide and is available for all types of purchases. Using PayPal for deposits and withdrawals at your favorite New Jersey online sportsbook is another excellent way to use PayPal.
- Fast and reliable: You can transfer money from your PayPal account to your sportsbook account or from your sportsbook account back to your PayPal-connected debit card instantly.
- Works for a vast range of amounts: PayPal accepts an extensive range of amounts for both deposits and withdrawals, from very small to very large.
- Can’t be a business account: If your existing PayPal account is a business account, you will have to open a separate personal account before you can use PayPal at an online sportsbook.
- Can’t use a credit card: You can’t use credit cards to fund your PayPal account for online gambling.
- Can’t withdraw if you didn’t deposit: You can only use PayPal as a withdrawal method if you used PayPal as your means of deposit.
The history of PayPal
PayPal has been in existence for many years.
The company started as Confinity in 1996, then merged with the online banking company X.com in 2001, resulting in changing its name to PayPal.
As the first significant e-wallet, PayPal quickly became the leading choice for online gambling sites accepting US players at that time.
Then in 2002, PayPal was acquired by eBay. However, soon afterward, the company ran into legal problems.
A $10 million settlement was paid to the US government, and PayPal ceased accepting payments for online gambling in the US and abroad.
Subsequently, PayPal became a separate entity from eBay. However, PayPal didn’t re-enter the online gambling industry until 2010.
This time, PayPal took a much more cautious approach and would only do business with websites that were fully legal and licensed in regulated jurisdictions.
At first, the option was limited to licensed and regulated European gambling websites. Then Nov. 26, 2013, marked the launch of legal online gambling in New Jersey. However, it was not until 2015 that any NJ gambling websites started accepting PayPal.
The launch of PayPal in NJ
In what arguably amounts to the biggest news in regulated iGaming since New Jersey launched its first wave of sites in November 2013, PayPal was listed as a depositing option on WSOP.com in Nevada in September 2015.
New Jersey followed shortly after.
PayPal acceptance a victory for US regulated iGaming
The introduction of PayPal payments lends increased credibility to legalized gambling in the United States.
Until now, PayPal has adopted a strict stance against gambling transactions, not only prohibiting them but blocking users that made even the slightest allusion to gambling when transferring money to other users.
Other upshots include:
- Provides a highly viable and trusted alternative payment method to players who have struggled to deposit funds via Visa/MasterCard or eCheck.
- Further differentiates legal NJ online casino sites from their unregulated counterparts.
- Over 50 million US residents already own PayPal accounts. For them, the use of the processor will require little in the way of external efforts.
- PayPal accounts can be funds in myriad ways, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and checking accounts.
- WSOP.com does not charge players for making a PayPal deposit, or at least that’s what WSOP’s customer service team informed me.
…but it’s not a catch-all solution
It should be noted that players hoping to deposit via PayPal must wield a PayPal account that is linked to the same email address as their WSOP.com account. This may prove to be a challenge for players who created PayPal accounts several years ago and changed their primary email address since.
Secondly, players must have a Personal account to make a deposit. Premier or Business accounts are not accepted by NJ online gambling sites.
How has PayPal worked out for Caesars Interactive in New Jersey?
Before PayPal, Caesars/888 online casinos ranked low or lowest among New Jersey sites in revenue. Since there have been months where Caesars gravitated to the middle of the pack.
Caesars currently ranks a distant second among NJ online poker networks but has moved ahead of Borgata/Party in the past year.
So clearly the inclusion of PayPal has helped Caesars’ position in the market a bit, but the results are far from jaw-dropping. And now that its window of opportunity has closed (non-Caesars sites are beginning to offer PayPal), any headway it made relative to other operators is either shrinking or gone.
That being said, increased revenue is never a bad thing — and Caesars-affiliated sites have experienced that since going live with PayPal.
Looking forward, PayPal’s stamp of approval may push the envelope in states considering passing iGaming legislation, as it grants increased reassurance that legal gambling sites are secure and trusted places to transfer funds.
That, and PayPal’s addition all but guarantees that operators will generate more tax revenue for state coffers than they would otherwise.
No, the PayPal account must be in your name. Paypal verifies all accounts prior to being able to use it.
No, it must be a personal account owned by you.
No, New Jersey gambling sites do not accept this type of transaction.
Yes, as long as the gambling site accepts PayPal. If you use your PayPal account to make a deposit, you can also use it to withdraw funds. However, if you use another deposit method, you will not be able to use PayPal for withdrawals.
Absolutely, with PayPal, it assures 100% privacy and security with every financial transaction you make.